Companion of Tomorrow

Companion of Tomorrow

Light poured into the window of the parted curtains, casting a warm ray of light on your back, bringing a gentle heat throughout your body. A hum found its way from your lips as you were sleepily guided from the comfort of your dreams. Your eyes slid open slowly, blinking away the remnants of sleep as your body awakened itself to new sensations. The smell of morning wafting through the cracked window. The sun, warm on your back. The arm draped delicately over your waist. The soft rise and fall of a chest right beside you. 

Your eyes trailed over him. He was on his side, one arm draped across your waist, the other curled up beneath his wrinkled pillow. His hair was tousled and messy but fell delicately across his forehead. His eyes were closed but fluttering with dreams. His lips were slightly parted as he exhaled, sending a less than pleasant wave of morning breath over you. You wrinkled your nose but didn’t move. His arms and chest were bare, the same way he always slept when the weather was warm. The white bedsheets gathered around his waist, hiding the red and black plaid pants he’d worn to bed. The blue duvet settled on his hips, hiding the imprint of his legs behind its bulk. 

A smile found its way to your lips as your eyes moved back to the beautiful face. Three years and you still couldn’t get used to seeing his face every morning. 

“Your staring.”

Your body jolted, sending a ripple across the mattress at the sudden movement. Your heart thudded loudly in your chest, calming itself down from the sudden rush of adrenaline spiked by the fear. 

A chuckle found its way to your ears as his brown eyes fluttered open, meeting yours. 

“Don’t do that!” You hissed, shoving him lightly. 

He laughed and little louder and gathered you closer, bringing you in until your body was pressed to his, his arm around your waist tightening to hold you there. You let out a playful groan and wound your arms around his middle, snuggling into his chest. 

“You’re a jerk,” your voice mumbled. 

His body shook against yours as he laughed. You patted his back lightly but didn’t say anything more as you settled against him, eyes closing. 

“Good morning beautiful,” his soft voice whispered in your ear after a moment of silence. 

The hairs on the back of your neck stood up, goosebumps climbing your arms. 

“Good morning my dove,” you whispered back. 

You paused after speaking, waiting to hear the mocking retorts of his two roommates, only to be met with silence. 

Your eyes opened and you lifted your head, eyes drifting to the bunk bed along the other wall, the bed YangYang and Dejun usually occupied. 

“They got up earlier this morning. I heard them sneak out. They probably went to disturb Kunhang and Ten,” he sighed. 

You let out a grunt of acknowledgment and rested your head back against Kun. It wasn’t very often the two of you had alone time, especially in the mornings, unless you stayed the night at your apartment, which only happens about once a month when Kun could convince Doyoung or Taeyong to stay over to make sure the others didn’t burn down the dorm. 

“Do you have to practice today?” you asked, mumbling against his shoulder before pressing a kiss against his skin. 

He shuddered lightly. 

“No, we have the day off,” he answered. 

You could honestly say that you were shocked. You often spend your weekends at the WayV dorm, taking care of Bella, Louis, and Leon while the others were at various schedules. You usually would see Kun as he was climbing out of bed to get the others up or when he was coming back to the dorm after a long day of schedules, where he and the others would sit down to chatter over whatever meal you had prepared that night. It was rare he had free days on Saturdays, but you certainly weren’t going to complain. 

You pushed yourself closer to him and slid your bare legs between his. 

“What are you doing?” he asked, clearly amused. 

“I want to crawl inside your skin.”

The comment had clearly surprised you both. You hadn’t intended to say your thoughts out loud. You looked up to meet Kun’s face, opening your mouth to apologize when he let out a guffaw of laughter. You felt your cheeks beginning to turn pink. 

“You want to share my skin?” he asked, teasing. 

Shyly, you nodded and slid yourself closer. He responded by wrapping both arms around you, tugging you against him until your chest was pressed tightly against his. 

“I love you,” he whispered softly in your ear. 

Your cheeks flushed again. Sure, you’d heard him say it a thousand times now, but you just could never get over how good it felt to hear those words. Your heart swelled with love and joy. 

“I love you too.” 

One hand came up to cup your face softly, drawing you in until his lips touched yours softly. You pressed closer, begging for more contact as his lips moved perfectly with yours. 

Your heart hammered in your chest as your eyes closed and you tucked yourself back under his chin, your eyes fluttering closed, a smile ghosting on your lips. 

Being with Kun was like a dream. A beautiful, wonderful dream you never wanted to wake up from. And thankfully, you didn’t have to. 

Meeting Kun had felt like a dream but after three years and four months, you had no doubt that, even if it was a dream, you’d cling onto it and never let go. 

A fond smile grew across your lips as you nestled closer, your mind drifting off to that magical day.

~

You had always dreamed of traveling and working in South Korea, at least for a year or two. Being immersed in a culture that was so different from your own was something you desperately desired. So, when the opportunity arose to travel abroad to teach the English language at a South Korean entertainment company, you had jumped at the offer. 

The company had set you up with a really nice, fully furnished apartment close enough to the company that you could walk it. You’d sent most of your things, clothes, shoes, books, etcetera, a week ahead of your arrival. You had flown out on a Friday in August and, by the time you’d touched down in Korea, it was late afternoon on Saturday. 

An English speaking driver had been sent to collect you from the airport. He had been a nice man. He loaded you into his company car and drove from the airport to your new apartment, which wasn’t too far away. Your eyes had been glued to the window the whole time and, although he answered any questions you had about the city, it wasn’t really a tour. 

By the time you’d gotten to your apartment, he helped you inside and you were sprawled across your bed, fast asleep. 

Ironically, you had found yourself asleep for most of the day on Sunday, waking up in the wee hours of the morning for food before putting yourself back to bed and waking up again early Monday morning. You wouldn’t start at work until Wednesday, so you took the time to begin going through your things, putting them away. 

As you had finished, your stomach growled in hunger, but the only thing that had been left in your apartment was crackers, cookies, and water, which would not be sufficient enough to satiate your hunger. You grabbed your phone, stuffing a few dollars in your pocket, hoping you could find somewhere to convert them. You walked out of the apartment, locking the door behind you. 

As you stepped outside the apartment complex, you were immediately swept away by the sights you’d never seen before. The big city of Seoul. Sure, it was similar to what you’d imagined New York would have been like, but it was different. People walking the streets, bustling to their jobs; cars and buses occupying the streets; the scent of restaurants wafting to your nose making you rethink going to the supermarket as opposed to a restaurant. 

You didn’t realize you were just standing outside your apartment complex, in the middle of foot traffic until you felt something- someone, slam into your back, knocking you to the ground. 

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry!” rapidfire Korean met your ears. 

It took you a minute to make out what the stranger was saying. You were still learning the language and you were, by all accounts, horrible at the language. 

“I… uh…” you stammered. 

Standing above you was a gorgeous man whom you, of course, being a mega NCT and WayV fan, automatically recognized despite his facemask as Qian Kun. Your eyes trailed over what you could see of his face, but it was his eyes that gave him away. 

“Can I... help... you up?” this time, his words were in choppy, but semi-perfect English, which, to say the least, surprised you. 

He offered a hand down to lift you up and, after staring at it for a moment, you immediately grasped his hand and allowed him to haul you back onto your feet. 

“I’m Kun,” he introduced. 

He stilled hadn’t let go of your hand. 

“(y-y/n)” you responded, an embarrassed blushed creeping to your cheeks. 

“I’m sorry I was just standing in the middle of the streets. I just moved here and this is my first real look at the city…” you mumbled. 

His eyes lit up. 

“Well! I have time! I have the day off! I was just heading to get some lunch. How about I take you to my favorite restaurant and then give you a tour?” he beamed. 

It took you a moment to agree, shock spread across your face. This person whom you’d never physically met before, who didn’t know you from Adam, was suddenly asking you to lunch and a visit around town?

You didn’t know what to say but ‘yes’ and thus started your friendship that would eventually lead to something so much more. 

~

“What are you thinking about?” a voice pulled you from your reverie. 

“When we first met,” I responded.

He hummed in response and pressed a kiss to your head. 

“That beautiful girl standing in the middle of the sidewalk distracting me from paying attention.”

With a small laugh, you slapped his shoulder lightly. 

“Hey! The city was too gorgeous not to look at,” you retorted playfully. 

He didn’t respond, just pulled you closer, squeezing your soft skin to his before pressing another soft kiss on your lips. 

~

The day Kun asked you out, you nearly had to pinch yourself, which, turned out, you didn’t have to because, as you were staring at Kun, attempting to judge whether he was joking or not, Ten had pinched you hard in the back of the neck, kickstarting your brain. 

Blubbering and blushing, you managed to choke out the word “yes” in agreement to letting him take you to the carnival in the nearby town. 

That date had been so perfect that, standing at the door of your apartment, Kun had kissed your cheek and asked to be exclusive, which, you didn’t need a moment to ponder as you wound your arms around your neck and teasingly whispered the words “my boyfriend” in his ear, making him blush and squirm. He’d still ended up in your apartment that night, lounging beside you on the couch eating a large bowl of ice cream as an old Marvel movie played on the television. 

After your first date, not much time could be spent between the two. Sure, you were already the babysitter for their pets, spending much of your time after work walking Bella or keeping the cats from destroying all the furniture, but you didn’t get to see Kun very often. You’d whip up something simply they could heat when they returned home, but, not wanting to overstay your welcome, you’d always return back to your own apartment thirty minutes before they’d gotten home, with the exception of one day. 

You had lost track of time as you lounged on the couch in a pair of leggings and comfy top the boys had let you keep in your personal drawer. Your laptop rested on your lap as you scrolled through the homework assignments from your students as Bella curled up beside you and Leon wrapped himself around your neck. You weren’t paying attention to the time until keys jiggled in the door and Bella was flying off your lap, barking with her tail swinging rapidly, waiting for one of the boys she loved so much to step through the doors. 

You closed your laptop hurriedly and glanced toward the kitchen, vacant after you’d forgotten to cook anything. You’d jumped off the couch to hurry out the door when Kun’s voice stopped you. 

“Why do you always leave before we get here? Do you not want to see me?” he asked, voice sounding hurt and dejected. 

You immediately turned, face dropping in shock. 

“No! I just didn’t want to be one of those clingy girls that’s always lurking in every corner!” you defended. 

His face softened. 

“I don’t mind the clingy. It lets me know that I’m wanted,” he spoke. 

Bella bounced at his feet, begging for attention as Louis wound himself between his legs. Kun knelt to pick Bella up, petting her head softly. 

“I do want to be around you. All the time, actually. I just thought you’d want some space.”

He crossed the foyer slowly, careful not to step on Louis or Leon. When he reached you, he placed Bella gently on the couch and wrapped his arms around your waist. 

“I love how considerate you are, but it’s seeing your beautiful face that gives me all the energy in the world,” he whispered. 

Your heart melted. Tears welled up in your eyes as you wrapped your arms around his neck. 

“I’ll never leave early again,” you promised. 

A smile ghosted over his lips. 

“Good,” he whispered, leaning closer and pressing a soft kiss to your lips. 

You’d gasped at first. He’d never kissed you before. Not on dates, not when he walked you back up to your apartment, not when you met up to go somewhere together. For a while, you’d questioned whether or not he’d actually wanted to kiss you, but this… this was well worth the wait. 

You melted against his lips, leaning into his touch. They were so soft and warm, gliding perfectly across yours, pulling you deeper and deeper into him. 

When he pulled away, you were left breathless, the taste and feel of his lips lingering on your own. 

“How about tonight, I make dinner and you finish grades. The boys will be home in an hour and we both know chaos will ensue after that.” 

You smiled softly and kissed his cheek before letting him go into the kitchen as you sat back down on the couch and re-opened your laptop.

~

A pair of warm lips pressed against your own, drawing you out of your memories as you kissed back, gliding your lips along his. 

The kiss was quick, but it was enough to stir up the butterflies that never seemed to stop fluttering when you were around Kun. 

“You’re so beautiful,” he whispered when he’d pulled away. 

You smiled and ran a hand up through his hair. 

“You’re gorgeous,” you whispered back. 

Pink dusted his cheeks.

After your conversations about your leaving early and your first kiss, you never left early again and, most nights you found yourself tucked in Kun’s embrace as YangYang and Dejun argued over whose feet stank the most. 

To be fair, it was Kun’s feet they were smelling, but you’d never tell them that. 

“I love mornings like these,” he whispered. 

You nodded. Most mornings, you either were forced to sleep in your own beds in your own houses, Kun not wanting to disturb you as he got up at odd hours of the morning before you. You, not wanting to wake him up if you had to leave first. It had just been easier, but it wasn’t an arrangement either of you were particularly fond of. 

Something soft hit the outside of the door, slightly starting you both until the distinguished sounds of two cats pouncing on the door at the same time met your ears. You rolled your eyes. YangYang or Yukhei were likely teasing the cats. 

That was an everyday thing too, except, most of the time, it ended with someone opening the door and an excited Bella jumping in bed with you both as two cats scurried around the door chasing a toy. 

“Do you remember when you first met them?” Kun asked. 

You let out a laugh. That was one interesting day. 

~

Meeting the rest of WayV had been a dream and a nightmare rolled into one. Kun always met you outside of the dorm and the company, always keeping two parts of his lives separate, something you didn’t mind too much as you and Kun were really in the beginnings of your friendship. (You didn’t find out until later that he’d been hiding you away so the insanity of six crazy boys didn’t scare you off). 

The day you’d met them had been a complete accident. Kun had asked you out for coffee, something that had become quite normal, normal enough that the ladies at the counter knew exactly what you wanted before you made your way to the counter. As you’d gotten your drinks and sat down at your usual booth, both sitting on the same side, you pulled your laptop from your bag and plugged your earbuds into the port. You fired up the Netflix show the two of you had been watching and started the next episode. 

Not ten minutes in, the door to the coffee shop swung open, something that wasn’t out of the ordinary, but it was Ten’s voice that caught you both off guard. 

“Yukhei! This is a public establishment! You can’t just go around flinging doors open so hard they smack the wall!” he scolded. 

Kun’s head immediately shot up, startling you into following his gaze. 

Standing at the entrance to the coffee shop were six boys, all of varying heights. They were standing around in a sort of semi-circle before moving to the counter to order. 

“Oh God,” Kun mumbled. 

You didn’t have to question him. As Yukhei, very loudly, placed his order (a large vanilla coffee with extra sugar), Kun slid down in his seat, cheeks heating up in embarrassment. 

“Of all the ways you could meet my members, this is probably the worst,” he complained. 

You let out a little giggle which, you had hoped was quiet enough, but, as YangYang scanned the shop looking for the source, his eyes landed on you. 

At first, he did nothing but offer you an eye smile over his face mask, sending you a little wave in which you awkwardly returned. But as Kun glanced up briefly, the maknae’s eyes zeroed in on his face. 

“Kun-ge?” he asked. 

This caught the others attention and, before long, your booth was surrounded. 

“So this is where you run off to!” Kunhang stated dramatically. 

Kun sighed, rolling his eyes. 

“I-” he started but was abruptly cut off as Dejun’s eyes fixed heavily on you. 

“Is this your girlfriend?”

Kun’s cheeks were red again. 

“What?! No! She’s just a really good friend!” he defended. 

That had hurt a bit but you didn’t say anything, just awkwardly sat there with a half smile struggling on your lips. 

“Where did you meet?” Ten interrogated. 

“I bumped into him and he offered to give me a tour of the city,” you answered quietly. 

Your cheeks were warming now too as all eyes directed onto you, your hands getting clammy at the attention. 

“What’s your name?” Sicheng asked, sliding into the booth across from you and offering you a peaceful smile. 

“(y/n)” you responded. 

“Such a pretty name!” Ten cooed. 

Your cheeks reddened. 

“Do you like our Kun-ge?” Yukhei’s voice boomed. 

You flinched at the loudness, but your cheeks grew redder still. 

“I-I…”

“Yukhei! You don’t ask questions like that! You’re all making her uncomfortable! That’s why I was putting off introducing you all!” Kun scolded. 

No one said anything for a few minutes before Ten slid into the booth beside Sicheng. 

“Are you dating Kun?” he asked. 

You shook your head. 

“Kun and I are honestly just friends. I just moved here not too long ago and he was nice to me. So he’s kinda the only friend I have here,” you said quietly. 

YangYang squeezed himself into the booth beside you, sandwiching you between him and Kun. 

“Do you like cats?” he asked.

A weird question, but you nodded. You absolutely adored all animals. 

“And dogs?” Yukhei bellowed. 

After flinching at the sound of his voice, you nodded. 

YangYang gripped your wrist. 

“Let’s take her back to the door so she can meet Louis, Leon, and Bella!”

With that, you were pulled from your seat and excitedly marched out of the coffee shop, Yukhei and Kunhang excitedly bouncing behind you as YangYang led you down the street. As you passed the coffee shop, Kun was shaking his head and packing your laptop back into your computer bag, preparing to follow the excitable children. 

~

“And when I finally walked in, you were playing with Leon as YangYang and Kunhang spitfired question after question! And you never missed a beat!” Kun laughed. 

You reciprocated his laugh, curling into him. 

Meeting the guys had most certainly been an adventure, but it was an adventure that led you to laying in Kun’s bed now, snuggled up to his side. 

“I wouldn’t trade you or them for anything in the world. Even if you are all crazy,” you laughed. 

“I think they may love you about as much as I do,” Kun laughed. 

“YangYang even called me “mom” the other day when he called me at work to ask how to get a poop stain out of the carpet,” you giggled. 

Kun laughed alongside you before pausing. 

“Wait- what poop stain?”

You laughed and pat his chest. 

“Don’t worry about it baby,” you cooed. 

You nuzzled into his chest and, for a moment, he seemed to ponder whether to push you away to ask more questions or just drop it. As he wrapped his arms tighter around you, kissing your head, you smiled and laid your head on his chest. 

As his heartbeat sounded in your ear and the room fell silent, you could feel your eyes beginning to close, body sinking deeper into his hold as comfort washed over you. 

“My sweet love,” he whispered. 

You smiled and burrowed closer. Your consciousness wavering, body going limp in his hold as sleep tugged at your eyelids. You felt Kun settle beneath you. He wasn’t far from falling back to sleep when…

BOOM!

The sound was so loud it rattled the windows and doors. Your eyes flew open and you lurched forward, blindly grabbing for your housecoat to cover your pajamas before running for the door, Kun hot on your trail. 

Your heart was racing. That boom had sounded too much like an explosion. Fear spiked through your veins. What if someone had gotten hurt?!

“Yukhei!” Dejun’s voice was shrill from the kitchen. 

Your feet raced, pounding on the floor as you swung yourself into the kitchen and immediately stopped, taking in the sight before you. 

The microwave was swung open, dark smoke rolling out in waves, rising toward the ceiling. Your eyes caught the flicker of a small flame from whatever had been in the microwave. Your eyes scanned the room as Kun moved into the pantry to grab the fire extinguisher. 

Yukhei was on the ground, large, silent tears sliding down his face, one large hand clutching his right eye. Your heart pounded in worry. 

Kun pulled the pin on the fire extinguisher and aimed the hose at the microwave, firing the foam at the microwave. You knelt by Yukhei and gingerly guided his hand away from his eye, examining any damage. 

He had a large, red welt directly under his eye, right along the bone. It oozed a little blood, but what worried you the most was Yukhei’s inability to keep his eye open. It blinked and flinched, but never opened more than halfway. 

“Come on sweetheart, let me check your eye,” you spoke softly. 

You placed your hand on the back of his shoulder and slowly guided him off the floor. Tears continued to slide down his cheeks and he stumbled slightly, but allowed you to guide him to the nearest bathroom down the hall. 

As you led him inside, you instructed him to sit down on the toilet lid, which he quickly complied, hand still covering his eye. 

You grabbed a washcloth, running it under cool tap water and ringing it out before guiding his hand from his face and pressing the cool cloth against his eye. He squirmed for a moment before relaxing and leaning into the cloth. 

“Can you tell me what happened?”

His bottom lip trembled and a small sob fell from his lips. You leaned patiently against the edge of the sink, keeping the cloth pressed to his eye. 

“W-we were trying to heat up breakfast so we didn’t wake you b-but… something went wrong and when I tried to open the microwave door, it flew open and smacked me in the eye!”

He stammered and stumbled over his words, but as he finished speaking, you had a better understanding. 

“I need to have a look at your eye, alright,” you spoke tenderly. 

He let out a whimper but nodded and you moved the cloth away. 

“Can you tell me how it hurts?” you asked as his eye flinched and twitched. 

“It hurts all over but it also feels like there's something in my eye,” he whimpered. 

Softly, you slid your fingers along his jaw and encouraged him to tip his head back. Once at an angle where you could see, you gently placed two fingers along the bone beneath his eye, careful of the wound. Your thumb rested just below his brow. Slowly and carefully, you caught his eyelashes with your thumb and coaxed his eye to open. He flinched a little and fought against the movement, but as you opened his eye fully, you found the problem. 

The whites of his eye was red with irritation, and, settled right near his iris, was a long eyelash probably knocked into his eye as he was rubbing it after the door hit him. 

“You have an eyelash. Be very still so I can get it out,” you spoke tenderly. 

He didn't move as you used your hand resting below his eye to gently dab your finger over the eyelash and extract it. When it was out, you let his eye close and, without the irritant, it no longer flinched and twitched. 

You allowed him to tilt his head back down and, with the eyelash resting on your finger, you brought it up for him to see. 

“Make a wish.”

He closed his eyes for a brief moment before blowing the eyelash off your finger. 

After the extraction of the eyelash, you cleaned the small wound under his eye and placed a Spiderman bandage on the wound. 

“Now, let’s go get you some ice before you get a black eye.” 

He stood up from the toilet seat and placed his head in yours. You laughed lightly and led him into the kitchen, him trailing behind you like an overgrown toddler. 

As you entered the kitchen, you found YangYang, Dejun, and Kunhang all lined up by the table, Kun standing in front of them running his hands through his hair, a habit he only did when he was highly stressed or annoyed. 

You pulled an ice pack out of the freezer and handed it to Yukhei, who scampered off to sit at the table with the ice on his eye. 

“So I know the microwave door hit Yukhei in the eye, but why exactly did it fly open? What was the bang? What was on fire?”

Kun let out a sigh and shook his head. No one else said a word, the boy’s attention on anything but you. 

You put your hands on your hips. You keep be gentle and loving when it was required, but, while Kun was usually soft and gentle, you had an attitude and you had high morals and expectations. 

“I’ll ask again. Exactly what happened?” you asked sternly, soft eyes turning hard as you stared down the four. 

No one said anything for a moment before Dejun opened his mouth to speak. 

“We were hungry but we didn’t want to wake you guys up…” he mumbled. 

“So we thought we’d make something ourselves but Kun doesn’t allow us to use the stove after we almost burnt down the kitchen that one time,” YangYang continued. 

“We found the bacon and sausage from yesterday… so we decided to heat that up,” Kunhang added. 

You closed your eyes. You’d put the sausage and bacon in aluminum foil to keep it from dying out and getting soggy. Please please let them not have put metal in the microwave. 

“We didn’t know the foil in the microwave would catch fire until it blew the microwave door open…” Yukhei finished. 

Aluminum foil in the microwave… They’d put METAL in the microwave. 

You let out a drawn out sigh and rested your head in your hands, massaging your temples. 

“You can’t put metal in the microwave,” you muttered. 

“We know that! … Now…” YangYang spoke. 

You heaved a heavy sigh. 

“Was anyone besides Yukhei close to the microwave when it blew open?” you asked. 

They thought about it for a moment before all four shook their heads. 

Kun looked at you questioningly for a moment before realization dawned across his face. 

“You stay here, I’ll take him to the Emergency Room,” Kun said, walking out of the kitchen to retrieve a shirt from the bedroom. 

“Emergency Room?!” YangYang shouted. 

“He could have been exposed to radiation from the microwave. There’s nothing they can really do if he has, but we need to know for sure,” you stated, rubbing your temples. 

Kun returned back still in his pajama pants but now wearing a black hoodie to match. He guided Yukhei out the door while you sent the others to clean up the kitchen. 

Stange how quickly a peaceful morning can turn to chaos. 

~

It was noon when Kun’s car pulled into their house and he and Yukhei were stepping out, both carrying large takeout bags. As they made their way inside, they plopped the takeout bags on the counter. Kun came up behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and pressed a kiss to your jaw. 

“Doyoung, Taeyong, and the Dreamies will be over in an hour. I’m taking tomorrow off. We’re taking a little vacation to the hotel we usually stay at to get away,” he whispered in your ear. 

Apparently, he wasn’t quiet enough because as YangYang grabbed his takeout box, he made a gagging noise deep in his throat, earning himself a lightly headslap from Kun. 

You nodded and pressed a kiss to his lips. 

“Yulhei?”

“He’s fine. His eye will bruise, but he’ll be fine otherwise.”

You nodded and slide yourself closer into his side, kissing his jaw. 

~

A few hours later, while you all were playing fetch with Bella, Doyoung, Taeyong, and the Dreamies let themselves in. Upon seeing them, you and Kun grabbed your own respective duffel bags and headed for the car before anyone could stop you. One catastrophe was enough to make you need a break. 

As you settled into his car and he started the engine, he didn’t move for a long moment. You looked at him questioningly. 

“You were so gentle taking care of Yukhei but then so firm when you needed answers and disciplined them…” he muttered. 

You nodded, confusion etched across your features. Things like this had happened before. Maybe not to the magnitude, but you’d handled sprained ankles and broken bones together before. It honestly wasn’t too out of the ordinary. 

“It just makes me think about actual children,” he mumbled. 

By now you were beyond confused. Sure, you’d talked about children before, but only enough to know that you each wanted children, granted, you wanted more than he did. 

“And I love you,” he said. 

You raised an eyebrow. 

“I love you too.”

“I had something so much more romantic planned but… I just don’t think I can wait. Not after today,” he said. 

“Ok, what are you talking about?”

You had more questions than answers, at least, until he opened the glovebox and pulled out a small velvet black box. 

A gasp tumbled from your lips. That box! It was the size of-

He flipped open the lid, pulling you from your thoughts as he presented you with a dazzling diamond, perfectly centered in a triangular receptacle, delicately placed on a band of white gold with tinier diamonds decorating halfway down both sides. 

“(y/f/n) (y/m/d) (y/l/n), will you be my wife?” 

 

Don’t leave Kun hanging! What’s your answer?