The Art of Falling in Love

The Art of 30 seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seven days…

It was seven days since Chaeyeon saw the girl, she saw her two times but she didn’t even manage to get her name. Why does she keep forgetting about it? Just how forgetful she can be.

 

If you would ask, she tried to find the short-haired girl. She went back to the bus stop, but there is no one there except for the lonely soaked bench. She also went back to the convenience store where the last time she saw her, but again – to her disappointment, the girl isn’t there anymore, just what she said that it will be her last time working there.

 

Because Chaeyeon went back there many times and she couldn’t see even the shadow of the girl.

 

 

The red-haired girl groaned with so much frustration, Yena on the passenger seat looked at her. They are on their way to the filming place of her new magazine that will be an issue next week.

 

 

“I lost count on how many sighs you release while seating on the passenger seat,” Yena uttered.

 

 

Chaeyeon sighed once again, “I’m sorry. I’m just thinking something,”

 

 

“The cashier girl?” Yena asked. That made Chaeyeon quickly whipped her head, how does she….

 

“Oh come on, don’t look at how did I know,” The other girl chuckles, “You keep on going back on that convenience store. How would I not notice that, huh?” She added.

 

 

Chaeyeon groaned, “I didn’t get her name,” She confessed.

 

Yena on the other side groaned also, “What? You met her twice and you didn’t get her name for the second time? That’s such a turtle move.”

 

 

“Wait, how did you know I met her twice?” Chaeyeon frowned.

 

Yena scoffed, “It’s the same girl at the bus stop. I am not blind; I remember her face.”

 

 

Nodding her head after the other girl explained it to her. But, how come that the stranger couldn’t remember her? If Yena did, why can’t she? It’s making Chaeyeon’s headache.

 

 

 

They already reached their destination, wearing her black hoodie, Chaeyeon went out of the car leaving Yena who is busy parking the car. Walking inside the place – it looks like a garden. It’s a perfect place for some photoshoots, Chaeyeon greeted the other staff she met.  Making her way to where her manager is, she stopped after seeing Eunbi fighting with Hyewon.

 

Looks like they are bickering with each other, Chaeyeon grinned at herself. She then, put her hoodie on before making her way to one of the cameraman – asking if she can borrow one since this is a good time to record the two.

 

Hiding her face behind the camera, Chaeyeon set the camera on before walking closer to the two girls. It’s funny that they have their world that they couldn’t notice the red-haired girl recording behind them.

 

 

“I told you to order the Hawaiian pizza!” Eunbi whines like a kid but Hyewon just stared at that.

 

 

“I don’t like Hawaiian pizza,” Hyewon uttered nonchalantly, not affected by how Eunbi’s throwing dagger looks at her. If it was someone, for sure they are running away but the petite girls seem like don’t mind it. That’s a wow for Chaeyeon.

 

 

“How many times I will tell you that I don’t care if you don’t like it? You’re not the one who’s gonna eat the pizza!” Eunbi explained exasperatedly. The pizza is for the photographer that is assigned for Chaeyeon’s photoshoot.

 

 

Hyewon just stared at her, “Oh, too late. The deliverer said she’s already here.” Then grinned while waving her phone at the front of Eunbi’s face with a teasing smile.

 

 

Chaeyeon blinks her eyes, this is the first time she has seen Hyewon with such emotions on her face. What’s also amusing is how Eunbi’s also blinking her eyes while she is lost staring at the petite’s face. Her cousin looks like she just gets struck by a lightning.

 

“It’s another wow for me,” Chaeyeon muttered before zooming the camera to her cousin’s face to record her spacing out yet amused reaction.

 

 

“Excuse me, pizza delivery for Kang Hyewon,”

 

 

Chaeyeon whipped her head as fast as lightning after hearing the familiar voice. Her eyes widened when the stranger from the bus stop and convenience store is holding a pizza. She felt a bubbling feeling inside her when the girl pulled down her mask. Oh finally, she saw her again.

 

The redhead took her time staring at the girl from the camera, she couldn’t even keep her eyes off her. It’s been how many days since the last time she saw her. And now, she’s here. Chaeyeon could even hear how loud the thumping inside her chest. It’s kind of new and scary.

The other girl is wearing a white cap and her eyeglass again, matching with her probably uniform in their work. She watched her talking with Hyewon while paying the bill. Chaeyeon’s sure of it, it’s her.

 

 

“And how many times should I...”

 

Eunbi didn’t finish her words when Hyewon shushed her by placing by pinching her lips using her hand.

 

“Enough with your nags, it’s already paid,” Hyewon uttered before leaving Eunbi but the older girl didn’t want to lose therefore she followed the taller girl and continued with her nagging.

 

 

On the other hand, Chaeyeon has still her eyes lingering on the short-haired girl who is busy. Before she can even manage to approach the short-haired girl, a staff called her name making her stopped midway. The redhead met eyes with the short-haired girl and Chaeyeon can see the confusion written on the other girl’s face.

 

“You need to get ready for the photo shoot,” The staff said.

 

Chaeyeon stared at her nodding her head, “Give me ten minutes, I just need to go to the restroom,” She uttered before following the short-haired who’s already walking away from the place.

 

 

Following behind the girl, Chaeyeon noticed the path where they are going – this isn’t the exit. The redhead stopped as soon as the other girl turn around and stared at her.

 

“I believe this isn’t the restroom,” Sakura uttered, crossing her arms while staring at the redhead who’s blinking her eyes because she thought she get caught for following her – oh well, she indeed.

 

 

Chaeyeon cleared , “I also believe this isn’t the exit,”

 

 

The short-haired girl chuckled with the snarky remark, Sakura stared at Chaeyeon from head to toe and it made the redhead conscious, especially with those unreadable eyes.

 

 

“You’re a photographer, right?” The other girl asked, “You should prepare for the photo shoot.”

 

 

Chaeyeon almost dropped her jaw, she couldn’t believe this. The girl doesn’t know her.

 

“I’m not a photographer but I can take a good picture,” She should keep her cool. But sometimes being her, she couldn’t help to hide her expression.

 

 

“Oh,” Sakura only said, pulling up her mask to cover her lower face.

 

 

“Don’t you remember me?” Chaeyeon asked, hoping for a different answer from the girl. Maybe, there is just a misunderstanding. How come she’s the only one who remembers what happened at the bus stop? It’s unfair.

 

 

“I do,” The girl answered and Chaeyeon smiled from that, “You’re the girl in the convenience store who asked me to eat with her,” Sakura added and that remove the smile from her face.

 

 

I can’t believe this, why am I the only one who remembered that kiss?!? Chaeyeon sulks internally. She glared at the girl and it took everything in Sakura not to flinched from the chills she’s getting by that.

 

 

“Why? Have we met before… other than that? I believe this is the second time we met…” Sakura nonchalantly said. The redhead checked the whole place if there are other people around, luckily it’s only the two of them.

 

Instead of getting a response, Chaeyeon walks towards her. The redhead only stopped half a meter away from the Japanese girl.

 

 

“What are you–?”

 

Sakura didn’t finish her sentence when Chaeyeon pulled down her mask until her chin then leaned closer to her – just inches away before their lips touch each other. Chaeyeon then stared at her eyes, she can see the panic written on the short-haired girl’s eyes.

 

“Still can’t remember me?” Chaeyeon whispered, “Or should I say, can’t you remember me – the girl you called snatcher on the bus stop…” She added, staring intently at the girl.

 

 

Sakura stared back to the redhead’s eyes – and the familiarity made her choke in her saliva, she caught her breathing when a sudden rushed of memory played in her mind. Her face quickly went red after remembering the scene that happened at the bus stop. That’s why the other girl asked her if she knows her. Sakura also can’t remember her face since she isn’t wearing her glass that night (she has a bad eyesight) and added that her vision is blurred from crying. What the…

 

 

Sakura stepped back, she chuckled nervously. She didn’t know that they will meet again that’s why she was confident to do that. She never thought that she will see her again – for the third time. Embarrassment is eating her.

 

 

“Oh…you’re that snatcher…” Sakura uttered with a bit of nervousness in her voice, she tried to look away – how can she manage to stare at her this time?

 

 

Chaeyeon smirked, “We can tell who’s the real snatcher,”

 

“Who?”

 

“You.”

 

 

Sakura’s brow raised from the sudden accusation, “When did I snatch something from you?”

 

 

Chaeyeon grinned, “You stole my first kiss,”

 

 

And that made Sakura choke in her saliva again, she can feel her cheeks heating up from the statement and teasing grin from Chaeyeon.

 

 

“You know, I heard something. If you meet a stranger three times, you are destined for each other.” Chaeyeon grinned. She doesn’t know where she’s getting all the confidence to act like this. Maybe, she doesn’t want to waste this chance to meet the girl once again.

 

 

Sakura chuckles, “What childishness is that?” crossing her arms before smirking, “So, you’re saying that I am destined for you because we met again for the third time?”

 

 

“What if I do?” Chaeyeon leans closer and that made Sakura gulped down.

 

 

The Japanese girl shook her head, “I’m leaving, I don’t have time for this,” She turns around to walk away from her but before she can even do that, Chaeyeon followed her again.

 

Sakura sighed, “Okay, let’s settle this. What do you want from me?”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter