Falling into the art of 30 seconds

The Art of 30 seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Okay! That’s a wrap! Good work everyone! You may take a rest, see you at the venue tomorrow!”

 

 

A wide smile automatically curves up in the girl’s face after hearing those words from the director.

 

 

“Thank you for your cooperation.” The white-haired good old man said while clapping his hands with pure enthusiasm as he started to congratulate every staff inside the place.

 

 

She then started to make her way to the old man and greeted him with a soft hug, “Thanks director-nim.” The girl said and the man gives her a soft smile before ruffling her hair like a kid.

 

 

“I would love to work with you again.” The old man said making her cracked a wide grin.

 

 

“Director-nim, are you sure you want to work with Chaeyeon again?” A voice from behind suddenly said making the two turned their attention towards the person.

 

 

“Hey! He said he wants to work with me again! Don’t bother to change his mind.”

 

 

“I am not, I just wanted to ask director-nim if he still wants to have a peaceful future ahead…”

 

 

“Unnie!” Chaeyeon whines making the director and the older girl chuckle at her.

 

 

“Just kidding. But, thanks for sticking up with this unpredictable girl. It’s an honor to work with you.” The older girl said as she goes beside Chaeyeon who is just pouting at her.

 

 

"Eunbi-unnie!" Chaeyeon glared at the older girl, who just flails her hand in the air.

 

 

"Don't mention it, Chaeyeon is a talented idol, a full package person." The director said, making Chaeyeon smile widely from the compliments she heard from the old man.

 

 

She is intently listening to the two, but her phone suddenly buzzed, making her shift her attention to it.

 

 

"Chaeyeon! Where are you going? I'm going to drive you home tonight."

 

 

She then looked at the older girl but smiles sheepishly before dashing into the dressing room and started to change her clothes.

 

 

"Don't tell me, you are going to the public place, again?"

 

 

Chaeyeon just shrugged not bothering to look at the older girl behind her.

 

 

"Really? It's 11 pm."

 

 

"I know, unnie." She muttered, enough for the older girl to hear her words as she started to wear her sneakers.

 

 

"Lee Chaeyeon, do you know what will happen if someone sees you in a public place? I am your manager and cousin at the same time, I am responsible for what might happen to you." Eunbi said at her, squinting her eyes and emitting the vibe of a mother.

 

 

"Unnie, I won't let anyone see my face, promise," Chaeyeon said, smiling widely at Eunbi who stared at her blankly, showing that she isn't buying her words, resulting in Chaeyeon groaning in response.

 

 

"How can you assure that?" Eunbi raised her brow while eyeing her.

 

 

"Oh come on unnie, it's Friday night, I just want to spend time outside like a normal person..." Chaeyeon sighed sadly making Eunbi sighed deeply, the older seems to agree with her but the probability of her getting caught is making the older girl anxious.

 

 

"How about this, if anyone sees me, I won't go anywhere in the next two weeks?" Chaeyeon sighed, making a deal to her manager slash cousin who is considering her words.

 

 

"Just your schedule and straight to your house," Eunbi said and Chaeyeon knows it, making a deal to the older will end up like this.

 

 

"Fine. I'll let you drive me to my house." The younger said and then, the older automatically agree to her.

 

 

"Deal," Eunbi said and Chaeyeon nodded her head before getting her bag after she finished wearing her sneakers.

 

 

"Go home before 3 am. Don't let anyone see you." Eunbi reminded her.

 

 

Chaeyeon nodded her head as she wears her black hoodie, cap, and her mask. She even put her sunglass inside her bag. She knows it’s so odd that she will go out at this hour, but this is the only time that she can get to enjoy, well she’s used to it and even Eunbi.

 

 

"Yes, I'll text you as soon as I step my feet at the door in my house for the peace of your mind." Chaeyeon chuckled making Eunbi to rolled her eyes.

 

 

"Okay, go. I bet your friends are waiting for you there." Eunbi said.

 

 

Chaeyeon nodded her head and started to walk her way to the door while Eunbi is behind her.

 

 

Her eyes roamed around the whole set of the place and she spotted someone making her stopped walking and looked at Eunbi again.

 

 

"Unnie, by the way.... have you considered the thought of dating anyone?" She asked, grinning at Eunbi who is taken aback by her sudden question.

 

 

"No, why?" The older asked with confusion in her voice and making Chaeyeon smirked in return.

 

 

"Eh? So, how about her?" She asked, pointing her lips to someone and as soon as Eunbi saw who is it, the older's brow rises higher than the mountains above. Chaeyeon stifles her laugh because of her cousin’s expression.

 

 

"What nonsense is that?! I wouldn't date that cold and blunt woman!" Eunbi hissed while glaring at the petite girl from afar.

 

 

"Oh, why? Did she do something to make you that annoyed to her?" Chaeyeon asked and by then, Eunbi caught her breathing while blinking her eyes.

 

 

"No! I won't date that Kang Hyewon!" Eunbi said and from the mention of the name, the girl from afar looked at their way and stared blankly at Eunbi, making her blood boils.

 

 

Chaeyeon grinned at what she is seeing; this might be a good thing.

 

 

"I'm happy for you, unnie." Chaeyeon teased and Eunbi glared at her.

 

 

"You know what? I prefer you to go now before I change my mind." Eunbi glared at her and that's Chaeyeon's cue to go.

 

 

But before she finally leaves, she stopped and looked at Hyewon, "Ms. Kang! Do you mind if Eunbi-unnie drives you crazy for tonight— I mean, drive you to your house?" Chaeyeon grinned and Eunbi's eyes widened in horror and annoyance, especially when Hyewon looked at her way but with no emotion.

 

 

"Yaaa! Lee Chaeyeon! Come back here!" Eunbi shouted at her.

 

 

"Date each other!" Chaeyeon just grinned at the older girl before dashing out from the set.

 

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

"Yeah yeah, hey unnie, chill. Yeeeees, I am waiting for Yena to pick me up. It wasn't even 3 am. Besides, there aren’t many people around in this hour, so chill…"

 

 

Chaeyeon muttered in her breath while walking to the bus stop, she just sighed while hearing Eunbi's, mother-like words. Most of the time, her cousin is like this to her, well, she can't blame her. Chaeyeon is an idol and lots of people know her, so, it's a risk going out in public without any staff with her.

 

 

But it wasn't a new thing for her, this became Chaeyeon's hobby. Like time for herself, just to see the world and experience things like a common person, not only an idol.

 

 

"Yeah, unnie, she said ten minutes ago that she is on her way. Yeah yeah, I'll text you as soon as I'm home." Chaeyeon said to the older girl in the other line, trying her best to assure the older that she is okay and safe.

 

 

She then breathes deeply because Eunbi is preaching to her again and reminding her, by then, Chaeyeon's eyes suddenly shifted to the girl sitting on the bench. Her brow raised upward as she continues eyeing the girl, Chaeyeon can't see the girl's face because she is looking down.

 

 

"Chaeyeon, remember what I told you, okay?" She heard from the other line, her ears are planted on her phone but her eyes are on the girl.

 

 

"Yeah..." She mumbles and then, Eunbi started talking again.

 

 

Chaeyeon doesn't know how long she is staring at the girl, maybe because she is curious why the girl is looking down and droplets of water are falling on the ground, well, she noticed it, not bad, her eyesight is still not that worse.

 

 

If anyone can see her, maybe they'll think that she is a creep staring at someone that long. But, Chaeyeon can't seem to get her eyes away from the short-haired girl, something inside her is getting interested and curious to know the reason why she is like this.

 

 

But, she thinks, it's stupid, why would she get curious to a stranger? She hasn’t even seen and knows the girl, so, why would she?

 

 

"And don't forget, don't talk to any strangers, okay?" She heard from the other line.

 

 

"Yeah. And?" Chaeyeon asked.

 

 

But then, she stopped in her tracks when the said girl on the bench looked up at her.

 

 

From the moment the stranger's met Chaeyeon's stare, she felt a sudden rush of tugged inside her chest, as if something is pulling her heart, like a warm and comforting feeling while having eye contact with the stranger.

 

 

She caught her breathing while staring at the girl, suddenly her eyes widened when her heart skipped a beat especially when the stranger's lips curved up as she was looking at Chaeyeon. Her glimmering eyes feel like going deep in the artist’s soul.

 

 

Chaeyeon's hand quickly went on her chest, a loud and fast thumping inside are the things that she feels while staring at the girl.

 

 

"Lee Chaeyeon! Are you still there? I was speaking for thirty seconds and you aren't responding!"

 

 

She got back from herself when she heard Eunbi's face, she quickly cleared before looking away from the stranger.

 

 

"Yeah unnie, I am here..." She said, gulping.

 

 

"Gosh, I thought something happened to you. It was thirty seconds you are muted." Eunbi scoffed and Chaeyeon stared at the road while blinking.

 

 

"30 seconds?" She asked in her audible voice. Wow, so she just realized that she is having a staring contest with this stranger for 30 seconds. And wow, how talented her cousin is for having a count of her spacing out.

 

 

"Yes, why?" Eunbi asked.

 

 

"Nothing. I'm gonna hang up now unnie, Yena's calling..." Chaeyeon lied while biting her lips.

 

 

"Okay, be safe and call me when you are home." Eunbi reminded once again before Chaeyeon ended the call.

 

 

Chaeyeon blinks her eyes while feeling herself, something just happened to her and it wasn't even normal.... that thing.

 

 

She never felt it and it's not normal but at the same time comforting and likable feeling for her.

 

 

Chaeyeon sighed and then, she slowly turned around to looked at the girl but then, she is greeted by the image that she has seen earlier, again.

 

 

The short black-haired stranger is looking down while her hands are on her face.

 

 

That's Chaeyeon's cue to walked to the bench and takes a seat beside the said stranger, leaving a space between them.

 

 

And again, she can't help but stare at the girl, there's a force that pulling Chaeyeon to looked at her. Like, she can’t keep her eyes off the girl. It’s weird, right?

 

 

"I can feel that you are staring at me," Sakura said making Chaeyeon's eyes widened, at the same time, her lips slowly curved after hearing the stranger talked, seems like she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter