SHINee Inc Ownership Structure & Additional Information

Till Death Do Us Part

Please read this first to avoid confusion.

Notes on the power of shares (in case some of you aren’t familiar with how the corporation works):

1. The number of shares determines the power of the owner’s voice at the voting. If you have 5% shares, your vote will be counted as 5% of the total 100% votes.

2. Shares owned by corporation is acted regarding the corporation wish, but some corporation has their own controlling owner or shareholder, so that corporation will act as their owner wishes. For example, Solar Estate Ltd. as a corporation that owns SHINee Inc, but Solar Estate Ltd. is owned by Minho’s family (controlled by Minho’s Father as CEO). For sure, Solar Estate Ltd. will vote regarding how they can maintain Choi Family power in SHINee Inc., which is voting for Choi Minhyuk to keep being the CEO of SHINee Inc.

3. Shares owned by the individual can be acted as the individual’s wish. For example, Minho owns 3% of the shares and he can vote whatever he wants with that 3% vote.

4. Voting is done at General Meeting of Shareholders/GMS (meeting can be held annually or by request from the shareholder). The result of the voting is usually accepted if reaching more than half of the votes (these clauses depend on the country’s law or company’s Article of Association, so let’s say more than 50% for this story)

5. There are two kinds of boards in the company, Board of Directors lead by the CEO as the management of the company, and Board of Commissioners lead by the President Commissioner with supervisory role to watch whether the management acts in line with shareholders’ interests (the interest usually and simply more gain and no loss).

Additional information for the story:

1. SHINee Inc. is owned by Choi Family, Lee Family, Kim Kibum’s Family, Son Family, Park Family and Kim Jongin’s Family with Choi Family’s company (Solar Estate Ltd.) as the biggest shareholders.

2. Solar Estate Ltd. is controlled by Choi Min Ki, Minho’s father, as the CEO. Choi Min Ki’s mother, Go Soo Mi, has retired from the company, but still has position as President Commissioner of both Solar Estate Ltd. and SHINee Inc.

2. Lee Jinki is given full authority and power to act regarding SHINee Inc. shares owned by SHINing Group. This means Lee Jinki will be the representative of SHINing Group in SHINee Inc. GMS.

3. Bluish Pastry & Café is owned by Lee Jinki’s company, Artaste Co. His main supplier is from one of SHINing Group’s company, but Artaste Co. is solely owned by Lee Jinki.

3. Like Jinki, Kim Kibum is given full authority and power to act regarding SHINee Inc. shares owned by Almighty Group.

4. Shim Family is part of Kim Family, but they’re not the main line of Kim Family’s heir (Kim Kibum is the main heir, while Shim So Hee is Kibum’s cousin). They own their own company, Apollo Ltd., but part of the company shares is owned by Kim Family.

5. Kim Kibum has his own fashion company, called KEY Fashion Co. with its brand LilFre, and that company has nothing to do with Kim Family. It means Kim Kibum is the sole owner of the company.

5. Park Family is Park Kyung Hee’s family. Park Kyung Hee is the wife of Choi Min Ki, but she is not Minho’s biological mother. That makes Park Kyung Min as Minho’s grandfather by law, but not by blood. And only family’s close friends, including Kibum’s family, who know the truth regarding Minho’s status in the family.

6. Kai Empire Group owns 6% shares of SHINee Inc., but has transferred all of its ownership to Kim Jongin, the main heir of Kai Empire Group, as present for his 20th birthday. This makes Jongin as individual owner of 6% SHINee Inc. shares and he can do as his wish regarding the shares.

7. Kim Family (Ki Bum’s family) is the most powerful family, due to a lot of Kim Family members sit on the government bodies (including ministry and politicians, as well as law force such as judges, prosecutors, and polices).

8. Kim Jongin’s family is the richest family. SHINee Inc. shares they own is just like speck of dust compared to the total wealth they have. This makes SHINee Inc.’s matters are not the best interest of Kim Jongin’s family and company.

9. Son Family is the least powerful family between the owners of SHINee Inc. Son Family only has Son Construction Corp., while the other families have their own integrated businesses and companies.