Baby, I Like You (In Love With Your Gummy Smile)

Baby, I Like You (In Love with His Gummy Smile)

Elia Yoon has always loved Min Suga from the start. From the day when she first met Suga at the basketball court for the orientation programmed that was held by the school. She has fallen in love at first sight when she saw him. She falls in love with his gummy smile, his laugh that she loves to hear and it makes her heart felt so warm. Elia knows deep inside she shouldn't be feeling like this again but she can't help it. Elia can only see him from faraway that day because she was in another group. She thought she was already numb to this feeling but then she feels butterflies in her stomach. She thought this feeling will shall pass any time soon.


Before Elia Yoon transferred to Ivory Hills High School, she is a very pretty, talented, outgoing, kind and fun-loving girl. Everyone loved being friends with her. It was an ideal life style envied by anyone until one day everything was ruined in a split of seconds. And it was ruined by none other, her own best friend Lee Haeun who envied everything that Elia has. Her ex best friend Lee Haeun seduced Elia’s ex-boyfriend behind her back, she also started spreading rumors and posting fake photos of Elia on social media using fake id. She rants about on how Elia is a playgirl, having fun with older guys outside of school. No wonder, everyone was looking strangely at Elia when she arrived at school that day.

Elia refused to believe any of the rumors when Haeun told her at first. When Elia tries to find out the truth on the real culprit behind this, she accidentally saw her ex-boyfriend’s text with Haeun while they were on a date. The conversation that was shared between them was so intimate and it contains explicit photos of them. She even read about Haeun’s plans to ruin her life. She then immediately slapped him hard after she confronted him and he confessed that he has been sleeping with Haeun. Elia then broke up with him and felt like her world comes crumbling down instantly. The next day, Elia confronted Haeun in front of everyone whilst Haeun is pretending to be an innocent , making matters worse because Elia didn’t have any evidence. She couldn’t refute the rumor that was spreading so fast like wild fire.
 

This causes everyone in school started to bully her day by day because they chose to believe Haeun’s words. Elia became their target of cyber bullying as they kept harassing her with demeaning messages,calls day and night. Elia’s position as the team leader in her dance group, MINT has also been taken away and Haeun becomes the leader. Eventually, the school also found out and expelled Elia without any proper investigation as soon as possible because they don’t want their school’s name and reputation to be ruined.

Elia’s parents found out about this matter and they were obviously so shocked but they were more worried about Elia’s well being at that time. They quickly dropped their work and drove back home because Elia’s mom have a bad feeling that something is going to happen to her. Yes, they were right. By the time they got home, they went to Elia’s room and saw her lying lifelessly beside her bed with some pills in her hand. Elia’s mom starts sobbing, yelling so hard for her name, telling her to wake up and her father quickly calls the ambulance. Fortunately, they were able to save her on time. Elia won’t ever forget about that incident that day. She still feels so sorry for her loving parents about what she did and causing them great pain. Since that day, she has been recovering well and slowly with the help of therapy sessions and support from her parents.

 

Elia’s parents then decided to move and start a new fresh life at Ivory Hills with her, away from the pains, traumas the school and the people have caused them. And that’s how Elia finds her peace at Ivory Hills High School because no one knew her. She doesn’t have any friends for now because she is still traumatized but she is satisfied and grateful with her new life.

Now, 2 years has gone by, Elia has wanted to relive her dreams, to be dancing again, to be passionate with music because she knows her passion won’t die that easily. She starts to be stronger and determined; she will fight for herself and embrace the present time instead of uncertain future. She feels so free after she went back to basics and rediscovering her true self. Elia has been practicing again, bit by bit, retracing back her memories at a dance studio whenever she’s free. Sometimes it was bit excruciating because it would be a remainder of her past but more times it was exhilarating. Little did she know, someone from her school is watching her intensely and feeling amazed by her sleek movements and choreography.

With the same routine as usual, Elia will go to the basketball court to eat her lunchbox on the bench and observe peoples’ activities during one hour lunchtime. Especially, she was there to watch one guy play basketball with his friends, Suga just to see his gummy smile. Like it's not cliché enough, yes he's one of the most popular guys in school. He is a very quiet guy who often makes other people misunderstand him as a bad boy because of his poker face. Weirdly enough, he does get along so well with his 6 close friends and not to mention, they were also very hot and talented as hell in many aspects. Most of his friends already have girlfriends except him and Park Jimin.

Due to his personality, it was causing a lot of rumors around him spreads saying that he's a playboy. People these days depend on rumors so much rather than the truth. They also judge and rates people's appearance like there was nothing better to do. That doesn't stop many girls to like him, in fact it attracts them more to try to date him and brag to other girls. So far, no one has ever succeeded though. He was very indifferent, ignored every girl that has ever confessed to him.

That's why, is the very main reason Elia Yoon will just remained merely an admirer. She doesn't want to take the risk breaking her heart again, she'll just watch on the sidelines. She doesn't want to walk through the pain again. After all, it never hurts just to fan girl someone, especially him. He will never know because Elia is good at hiding her feelings and Suga probably doesn’t know she exists, anyways.

The school bell finally rings making everyone went back to their class whining about the next class. Everyone can't wait to go hang out with their friends after school. It was a different case for Elia though, as she loves to study because she can be quite a nerdy girl. She is pretty talented at studying and dancing, but it all came down whether to be hardworking and committed or not to both. Afterwards, she would practice at the dance studio, living her life to the fullest. She would never waste her second chance at life.


 

Finally, first chapter is out. I have to break the story into a few chapters as I thought it would be too long. Forgive me for any grammars mistakes. Will edit this again later.

Anyway, happy birthday to Min Yoongi aka Suga aka Agust D. You makes my life more happier with your existence only. Your music lifts me up when I'm in a bad place and your lyrics are very soothing and meaningful that they taught me on how to embrace any issues with courage and how to love myself more. And you told us not be afraid even if we don't have any dreams. You say just live and enjoy the moments. I love you, Suga and keep on making great music for us with BTS.