Baby, Let's Dance, Shall We?

Baby, I Like You (In Love with His Gummy Smile)

The weather is a very nice, sunny and bright with spring breeze accompanying making today one of the best day in Elia's life. At least the weather is one of many reasons that make her want to live in this busy world. Elia walks to the school lightheartedly while listening to her favorite playlist with her earphones on. It's her routine to do while walking slowly to the school. She would go to school earlier because she wants to enjoy the walk until she arrived at the school's gate.

The first period is Mathematics class that finally has ended after two hours of lectures. It was Elia's least favorite subject so her level of passion for the class was a little bit down compared to other class. She tried to focus anyway. After Mr. Jim walks out from the classroom, Elia starts to spacing out looking outside of the class while listening to her playlist, until someone taps her on her shoulder. It was one of her classmate, Soyeon calling out for her. Elia does get along with her classmate, just not close enough.

Soyeon: Elia ahh, Miss Kim wants to see you in the teacher's office right now.

Elia: Really? Okay, thanks for telling me. I'll get going now then.

Miss Kim: Great, you're here. Let me went straight to the point. I want you to join our dance team, BST. How about that?

Elia: Pardon me, Miss Kim? Did I hear it wrong, Miss? You want me to dance with Suga's dance team? Why? I don't know how to dance. (Denying the fact that she is a pretty good dancer)

Miss Kim: No, you didn't hear it wrong. And yes, Suga's team, BST. Don't even think about lying to me. I know you are a great dancer because I saw you at my fiancé’s dance studio 2 weeks ago. At first glance, I don't think it was you but my fiancé told me you are pretty talented. So, can you please help your poor miserable dance teacher? I desperately asked for your favor because one of the girls dropped out because of health issues.

Elia: Why me, though? There are many great dancers out there and I'm not that ready yet to perform in front of people again.

Miss Kim: We could have other dancers from outside but we didn't have enough time to hold an audition. Plus, I agree with my fiancé that you have a pretty sleek body lines and movements from my point of view. You do know I'm pretty strict when it comes to dancing, right?

Elia does agree with Miss Kim’s opinion because she is one of the top dance coaches in the school and she had quite the reputation. It’s a coincident that Miss Kim is their homeroom teacher this year. Finally, after a pretty good one long hour of persuading from her homeroom teacher, Miss Kim, Elia finally agrees to join the dance team until the dance competition is over next month. She will have to come to the dance studio every evening starting this week.

Elia has mixed emotions at the thought of dancing in front of audience again. For now, she'll just take everything one step at a time.

 

That evening, Miss Kim had asked her to perform some of her choreography in front of Suga and the rest of BST team members so that they can evaluate her skills. The BST members are known for their straightforward and honest opinions. They play no games as they have won the championship for 3 times in a row. And they want to defend their titles again.

Elia were really nervous as she wasn't sure of her performance. She's afraid of being a joke to all these popular dancers in school.

They were also Suga's close friends, RM, Jin, JHope, Jimin, V and Jungkook. Most of their girlfriends are also in the team except for Bella and Lily who was Jimin and Suga’s dance partner. Elia have to replace Lily because Lily has to undergo her left leg surgery before the competition. So, Elia will have to partner up with Suga. Aren’t that lovely?

Miss Kim: Elia, you can start whenever you are ready. There's no need to rush. I know it's been a long time since you danced in front of the crowd.

Elia: Yes, Miss Kim. Give me a moment. She took a big breath and lightly warming up until she's feeling ready. After 2 minutes, she told Miss Kim to press play on her playlist.

~Copines by Aya Nakamura starts playing~

Elia decided to dance to this song because she really loved the song that she went to make the choreography in a really short amount of time. The song was very addictive to listen to and she really having fun while doing this. So, she starts feeling herself to the beat of the music and dancing every step that she choreographed precisely. All those memories of her dancing start coming back. She felt so happy and liberated at the same time when she dances with her heart out.

The song came to an end and she opened her eyes because she doesn't hear anything from the dance team and Miss Kim. There was no reaction at all that Elia thought she might have failed to impress anyone until Miss Kim starts clapping so hard and screaming like a girly girl.

Miss Kim: Wow, that was so amazing! Are you sure you haven't dance in a while but yet you are so great! I was really in awe, right guys! So, what do you guys think about her? Does she get accepted?

Everyone was looking at Elia as Miss Kim direct her gaze towards her. Then, all of them start cheering and welcoming Elia to the team. In fact, Suga secretly admires Elia with his poker face mode on. He thought she was pretty amazing. At the same time, Elia notices Suga didn’t have any reaction making her feelings hurt a little but Elia quickly pretended to be okay. She doesn’t want to get caught red-handed right there and then for exposing her feelings. Thus, she then spends some time with other members getting to know them and getting along. Turns out, they are so much more chaotic and loud with each other during practice at the dance studio inside than when they’re outside.


 

2 weeks before the competition, Elia has been consistently training with BST dance team every evening after school. Honestly, it has been so much fun for her because the members are so nice and they are teaching her patiently about the choreography and dance moves even though the competition is coming soon. But being the talented dancer Elia is, she managed to memorize the full choreography fast and man, they were amazed. Suga finds it very easy too to teach Elia with every step.

Miss Kim: Okay guys, now I want to see and evaluate Elia and Suga's performance first. I would like to see their chemistry together. Remember, the competition is not far along, so do your best! Now, let the show begins. Show me what you got!

Likewise, the hardest part of it all was to dance together with Suga as they are participating in a contemporary dance category. Elia has been practicing with him quite alright despite his indifference, because he is known to be committed to his work. He likes to do things meticulously because he is a perfectionist. Whenever Elia starts dancing with him, her heart is beating so hard and feels like it will fall out of her chest anytime. She was too nervous that she didn't notice that Suga is beginning to fall for her too. He was mesmerized by her passion, kindness, bubbly side even her clumsiness sometimes during the times they has spent practicing together.

 

-Youth by Troye Sivan starts playing-

 

Elia starts to dance in sync with Suga when the music plays and they both each eyeing each other so that they doesn't make any mistakes. Their body automatically flows together with the music. It was amazing and electrifying whenever they touch each other, it was a feeling that Elia wants to feel again. Little does she know that Suga’s feelings grew deeper for her in that moment but he quickly grasps his feelings together. They’re both succeeding in showing their best performance mode on. BST members cheered so hard and feeling amazed by their chemistry.

As usual, Miss Kim praises their dance moves and also giving feedbacks on how to improve certain moves better. Elia and Suga also monitor their performance that was recorded by Jimin, one of Suga's close friends. They both starts perfecting their dance moves until it were late at night. Fortunately, they didn't have any classes next day as Elia felt today is her most tiring day compared to her usual day. She just wants to get home and sleep immediately. Elia was preparing to go home when someone suddenly taps her back. When she turns around, it was Suga and she was shocked as . Elia composes herself and pretend to be completely calm. While in reality, her cheeks are burning from shyness.

Elia: Yes, what can I help you with, Suga? Do we need to practice more today? But sorry, can we please went home early because I'm in a desperate need of sleep. A plenty amount of sleep because I'm dead tired.

Suga: Do you have someone to take you home? Because it's getting pretty late and Miss Kim is worried about you. She told me to help sending you home because she has some important matter to attend.

Elia: Oh yeah, right. I actually forgot to call my parents earlier that I'm getting home late and they're not at home right now because they went to their friend's birthday party. . Would you mind though? It's not troubling you at all?

Suga: I'm totally fine with that, I can drive you home. Besides I have to meet my friends at the basketball court anyways. Come on then, let's go.

Elia: Okay, then. Let's go and thank you so much for helping me out.

Suga: No problem.

Elia almost melt right there and then when Suga flashed his gummy smile towards her. It almost felt like a dream and she immediately pinched herself, yes, it does hurt. Today could not have been any great for her. She didn't know Suga has a very gentle and warm personality until she met him in person. He was also very soft-spoken unlike his poker face making everyone scared to approach him.

They even shared mini conversation with each other along the drive home even though it was very awkward. Elia found so much about Suga in a short amount of time, he was quite the talker. They were having so much fun talking about their interests that they didn't realized they have arrived at Elia's house.

Suga: Oh, we have arrived at your house. I guess I'll see you tomorrow, then? By the way, can you give your phone number so that it will be easy for us to stay in touch? For the dance practice, I mean. Call your number using my phone.

Elia: Yeah, yeah, okay. Here it is. Anyway, thank you so much for driving me home. Get back home safely, then.

Suga nodded to Elia's words as he drove away from Elia's house. Elia felt so esctatic as she headed to her house, replaying every moment that she had with Suga a few minutes ago. She had a very good sleep and dream that night.


 

Chapter 2 is out. Bear with me for a while. 1 or 2 more chapters to go. Anyway, enjoy reading. Will also edit this later.