` TRAGEDY IN THE OCEAN

⇀ the life of a city hunter

( alphatrain: this is a brief scene of what happened to the twenty seven men and what happened afterwards. make sure that you read the description on the front page so that you know what this chapter is about. it'll start making sense soon. ) 

NOTE: THIS CHAPTER IS WRITTEN IN THIRD PERSON.

Juhwan and Jichan's point of view.

Twenty seven men were wearing swimming flippers, running with their eyes set on the ocean. A submarine sent by the president would meet them half way so they wouldn't die of having to swim for so long. So they were assured that everything was going to go fine with this mission. All twenty seven of them had already been trained in the army, therefor they were men with enough experience. Crossing the ocean to face North Korean surprises weren't anything
but pure excitement to them. With sweat dropping from their faces, they all plunged into the ocean. 

"Jichan-ah, your wife just had a baby. You should be with her. Not here. You can die out here." A man in his early thirties was facing his best friend, Kwon Jichan. 

"I'll be fine, Juhwan. I'm going to make it back to my wife and my son safely. To protect them." Jichan gave the other man a comforting pat on the shoulder before joining the other twenty five men in the water. Juhwan followed right after, making sure that he kept close to his treasured friend. It was about ten minutes that they kept continuously paddling through the sea, as the depth of the water got deeper and deeper. It was harder to prevent yourself from drowning now, the tide was getting rough and each man struggled to keep alive. One by one, they were falling into exhaustion, right then an immense object was coming up from beneath the waters. The submarine that was promised to appear and carry them underwater to North Korea had arrived.

Once the immense piece of metal had completely reached the top, one man climbed up the ladder, ecstatic to climb aboard flat surface. In response, a masked man had come out from the entrance, completely hiding half of his face. The one man out of twenty seven reached out a hand for assistance, staring up at the other with kind eyes. That was until a bullet pierced through his heart. The masked man then continued to point his sniper at every single man in the ocean. Each of the men dying off one by one.

"WE'RE ON YOUR SIDE. WHY ARE YOU KILLING US?" A panicked Juhwan stared at the bloody ocean in horror. After a mere two minutes of painful screaming, every man was dead. Except for Juhwan and Jichan. The two friends were floating amongst the many dead bodies. The masked man then pointed the trigger in their direction. Noticing the action, Jichan turned his back to the masked man and pushed Juhwan down underwater, making sure that that he was out of sight. Juhwan tried forcefully to get back up but Jichan gave his friend one last reassuring glance before demanding him with his eyes to stay down. 

One, two, three -- the last gunshot was fired through Jichan's heart, right into Juhwan's shoulders. 

The masked man then retreived back into the submarine after reassuring himself that all the men were dead. Once the submarine was completely out of sight, Juhwan used his arms to push the other back upon the top of the water. "J-Jichan, don't leave me! You have a wife and a child to support! ! You can't die here!" Tears welled up in his eyes. "P-Please don't leave me.. Please, you're my best friend." Juhwan's aching heart caused his hands to grip on Jichan's shoulders.

"J-Juhwan, t-take care of t-them for me. The things t-that I couldn't do for t-them. P-Please.. Goodbye, m-my friend."

Those were the last words that the other man sputtered out of his mouth, before coughing up some blood and closing those two eyes forever.

"N-N-No! YOU STAY ALIVE AND YOU DO THAT. J-JICHAN." 

There was a moment of silence before Juhwan let out a heart felt scream of agony. It took about thirty minutes for Juhwan to realize what had just happened. Twenty six innocent men had died right in front of his eyes due to the selfishness of five South Korean officials.

"I will avenge you, Jichan. Don't forget that." 

With shaking arms, Juhwan brought his lifeless friend's body underwater and took one last look at him before pushing him down, letting him sink into the bottomless pit called the ocean. Jichan started slowly sinking down, disappearing right in front of his own eyes into complete darkness. It was a big ocean and twenty six dead mean. He was the only survivor. Juhwan bobbed his head back up to the surface and took one more time to look around and salute to every one of the men there. Loyal men that had risked their lives for their nation. May they never be forgotten.

Then he swam back in the direction that they had all came, climbing back up onto shore with a dead expression on his face.

"I will get revenge. Whatever happens. Jichan, you didn't die in vain. I will kill those five men with my own hands."