Beautiful Life

Beautiful Life

Jiyong slumped on his bed after a long day. Moving in to a new apartment isn’t as easy as he thought it would be. Finally a new place of his own. A new place for them. 

 

*buzz buzz*

 

His phone vibrates on the side table signifying he received a message. 

 

I’ll read it later. It probably can wait. 

 

Jiyong thought to himself as he continue to lie face down with his eyes closed hoping to get some sleep. 

 

*In or—* 

 

Before the ringtone, Jiyong immediately reached out on his bedside table to grab his phone knowing who’s calling him.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” He softly answered 

 

“Oh. Annyeong Jiyong-ah!” Dara greeted with a bright voice

 

Jiyong-ah? 

 

“We’re at videostar” 

 

That explains it. 

 

He chuckled softly as he hears his girlfriend talking so excitedly on the other line. 

 

He’s always amazed by Dara’s hosting skills. He remembered how worried she was when she accepted the job but he reassured her that she’ll do a fantastic job. And he was never wrong. 

 

He laid back on his bed with a smile on his face as she continue to talk on the other line. 

 

— 

 

“I’m home” 

 

Dara said as she walked into the room and slumped onto their bed, hugging a half-sleeping Jiyong. 

 

“Welcome home jagiya.” He said as he wrapped his arms around her and placed a kiss on her forehead. 

 

“Have you eaten yet?” Jiyong asked with his eyes still closed. 

 

“Yes. There were many foods while we were taping video star. How about you did you eat already?” 

 

“Not yet” 

 

“Yah! Jiyong! Why haven’t you eaten yet! What time is it already? Aigoo!” 

 

Dara said as she immediately stood up to head to the kitchen and cook something for him. 

 

She was so happy when Jiyong came home from the military. It has been quite lonely when he enlisted and she missed him so much that she’ll always find a way to visit him. 

 

Now that they’re together again, she wants to spend more time with him and even take care of him despite her busy schedule. Back when he was doing his tours, she was always worried as she can see how tiring it was for him that he even lost so much weight. So she vowed to always be there if possible hence, even joining him  in Manila, Kuala Lumpur and even in Japan during MOTTE. 

 

“You should have notified me that you were going to call earlier. I almost called you jagiya on national TV.” Jiyong teased as he sat at one of the bar stools in the kitchen and watch her move around. 

 

After dropping the call earlier, he checked his phone and found her messages telling her that she would call and that he should act “decent”. 

 

“Yah! What do you mean I should have! I texted you! You babo!” Dara retored.  

 

Jiyong laughed looking at the annoyed face her girlfriend has. 

 

“Here you go! Eat up! And don’t leave anything!” She said as she place the bowl of ramyeon in front of him. The only dish Sandara Park can decently cook. 

 

Jiyong grabbed his chopsticks and eat while Dara sat beside him watching him. 

 

“I cannot eat while you’re gawking at me like that” Jiyong complained with his mouth full of food. 

 

“Shut up.” 

 

Jiyong laughed. Seeing her cute face annoyed makes his heart full. Oh how he loves her.

 

“What’s the reason for calling earlier anyway? You should pay my talent fee you know!”

 

Dara’s eyes widened at his statement “Mwo? Mworago? Are you crazy? Then don’t eat my food!”

 

Dara was about to pull the bowl closer to her when Jiyong slapped his hand 

 

“Yah! I’m just kidding jagi! I’m starving!”

 

“Aigoo Jiyong-ah! Anyway, I called because Dindin really wanted to meet you. He’s been a long time fan of yours! So I want to give him the chance to talk to you.”

 

“Didn’t you give him my paranoise?” Jiyong asked. 

 

“Neh. I would be giving him a pmo cap too!”

 

“Aigoo my business would go bankrupt because you keep giving stuffs away! What would we feed our future children?” Jiyong jokingly said. 

 

“Then you should work harder and make songs ppali!!” Dara said while doing karate chops on his shoulders. 

 

“But I don’t want to!!!I’m tired!” Jiyong pouted and complained like a child. 

 

“Then I guess our children will eat ramyeon and kimchi for the rest of their lives” 

 

“Poor little Kwons” Jiyong sighed as he stood up and put the empty bowl in the dishwasher. 

 

“Jagiya..” Dara called him and as soon as Jiyong looked at her, she took a photo of him and then quickly ran away while laughing. 

 

“Ahhh you want to play that game” Jiyong then ran after her cute little girlfriend who’s now heading towards their room. 

 

As soon as he caught her, he carried her on his back and crashed them both in the bed. 

 

“Aigoo you’re so playful” Jiyong said as he pinched her nose and locked her in his arms. 

 

Dara just chuckled as she moved closer to his chest. She never felt more contented and satisfied with everything that’s going on now. 

 

“Jagiya...” Dara whispered as she slowly look up at his face while entrapped in his arms.

 

“Mmmmhh?” Jiyong peered down. 

 

“I missed you so much and I love you.” Dara sincerely said. 

 

During the earlier years of their relationship, Dara was never the clingy and showy type. However, since he got back from the military, Dara has never hesitated to show her affection towards him. He got to admit sometimes he is still taken aback by it but loves it nevertheless. 

 

Jiyong just stared at her brown orbs. 

 

To say he was lucky for still being with this woman is an understatement. With what they’ve gone through from the past years, he never thought that by the end of it all Dara would still be holding his hand. And she did not just hold his hand, she embraced him all throughout. He may not be the perfect guy for her but she made him feel like he was. And he was so thankful. 

 

He didn’t know how long he was staring at her but he just found himself leaning in and brushing his lips against her.

 

 

Indeed, a beautiful life.