The start of this

Smile For a Better Tomorrow

3rd P.O.V:

Bobby felt his shoulders dislocating in this exact moment. Talk about great hospitality, sheesh. His luggage was weighing his steps, and Bobby was gulping his bitter fate as he saw the apartments door opening. The members entered their dorm quite displeased with the turn of events that is happening. Jiwon quietly followed behind them with a kid hanging of his shirt.

No matter how much he shoved the kid away, he would not budge. Therefore, he nearly walked into his new home hand in hand with a dead kid. He looked around at the quite messy living room. Well, what did he expect? 7 men living together. He should be thankful that it wasn’t a disastrous place.

Bobby looked at the retreating figures of the boys and he felt the need to not interrupt their still grieving slash annoyed time, but he gotta do something unless he wanted to sleep at the genkan of the mouse hole.

“Ummm,” he started hesitantly, they halted their steps throwing the rookie a hard glare, “What?” the leader groaned tiredly. “Where will I sleep?”

he asked as he was now clasping on the forgotten ghost’s hand next to him, and weirdly he felt it squeeze back. “For the love of god, can’t you just ask somebody else?!” the lanky brunette swiped his hands over his face in an exaggerated motion.

Bobby raised his eyebrow and gave him a look, “Yoohoo, I’m speaking to the resident of this dump- I mean apartment.”

“You were just going to say dumpster,” he retorted back.

“… neve-”

“You said dumpster.” Hanbin’s eyes were on the verge of turning red. “Dude, have you seen this place?” Bobby rolled his eyes and motioned his arms around the place. “JUNHOE TAKE HIM AWAY BEFORE I PUNCH THIS RIGHT NOW.” “HUHHHH? WHY ME?!!!!!” “JUNHOEEEE!!!!!!” ……………………………………………………………

“Well, that was nice,” Bobby smiled hesitantly at the fuming raven head beside him. They were in the taller room, and it was small; consisting of a cabinet and a mattress. Bobby sighed as he dropped the bags on the floor.

Freeing his sore muscles from the heavy burden, slowly turning to the male who was now resting on the bed. “So, where exactly will I sleep?”

The raven head grimaced at the question, and shot the elder a glare. He proceeded in continuing the cold shoulder act. Jiwon sighed at the defiance and took a look at the room.

It was a small room that could barely fit two big guys in it, but who is he to whine about it. He sat at the end of the bed, switching on his phone. He smiled at the notifications that started bombarding his phone.

His smile got larger at the sight of the latest missed call. He tapped on the message that popped up, and a large smile adored his face at the content of the text. Jiwon brought his hands to his cheeks and slapped them in which it scared the off Junhoe who was cursing his fate. “W-What the hell?!”

He sprang up from his lying position. He was bewildered at the sight of a smiling boy in front of him. Reddish cheeks accompanied Jiwon’s determined look. “W-Why are you looking at me like that?”

Junhoe backed against the bed frame as the shaggy haired guy approached him with a large grin. “I’m gonna do my best, so please take care of me!” Jiwon bowed his head down and extended his arm for a hand shake.

His hand was dancing in front of the vocalist. Junhoe’s eyes burnt with hatred and slapped the rude hand off his face, and he pushed elder hard that he fell off the bed.

Jiwon closed his eyes waiting for his head to bang against the rough ground, but it never came. Instead, his head was cushioned against something soft. He blinked at the sight of the ghost who was looking at him.

Ah, his head fell perfectly on the kid’s laps. ‘that was close,’ he thought as he felt his heart speeding up. ‘I nearly broke my head.’ He looked at the kid who was now petting his head. Then, his vision went to the scared look of Junhoe who was now in front of him.

Crouching beside his motionless body that was absorbing what happened in the these few seconds.

“I-I N-No Y-Yo-” Junhoe abruptly shut his mouth when the door was suddenly flung open. Hanbin appeared, eyebrows raised at both men, “What the hell are you doing?”

Hanbin eyed both men with suspicion. Junhoe must have still looked shocked and scared for Hanbin to furrow his brows and glared openly at the lying figure, “What the hell have you done to Junhoe?!”

“Huh?” Jiwon asked dumbly as he sat up, caressing the back his head tenderly, ‘that was a close call!’ He thought.

Junhoe snapped out of his daydreaming, but it was too late Hanbin grasped Jiwon’s collar and shook him, “What the hell have you to Junhoe?!” if Hanbin was a tiger, you could have seen him baring his teeth by now.

Jiwon sighed and he was ready to shove the younger of him, but a hand came and held the angered man wrist. “Hanbin, stop! Let go of him.” Yunhyeong came and threw his body infront of hanbin to hold him back, but the leader was blinded by rage, so he tried to get the still unresponsive newcomer.

.........................……………......……………………….

Jiwon took in the sad eyes of the kid who was observing the scene unfolding in front of his dead eyes. The room started filling with the members trying to hold back the angry leader.

……………………….................................................

“Hanbin, stop it!” “Hyung, please stop it.” Junhoe was still in his motionless state, exasperated yet frightened eyes were observing the lashing brunette.

Jiwon sighed as he observed the ghost hugging the waist of the leader. Tears falling of his burnout eyes. Jiwon opened his mouth, hesitating before shooting the words that were tickling his tongue, “Raesung is sad.” Jiwon’s eyes never left the kid who was now looking at him, but the dreadful voice made him look at the owner.

“What the hell did you just say…” Hanbin’s body fell limp against the hold that has gone slack against him. His statement caused Jiwon to shut his mouth.

Even Junhoe was now looking at him. his freaked out expression thankfully left him, but now it morphed into just a-what-did-you-say- shocked face. Jiwon repeated himself, “I said, Raesung is sad.” “You I’ll seriously-” hanbin started proceeding towards Jiwon.

The others didn’t even bother to block him. “Do you think that if Raesung was with us he would look happy with you guys acting like this.”

Hanbin froze in his place, his fist slackened, “Don’t talk about something you don’t know about.” Jiwon sighed and approached Hanbin slowly, “but, do you think that he’d really like the way you are now? Lashing out and getting angry at every single thing!”

Jiwon looked at the kid who detached himself from the leader and ran out of the room. “I know that he just passed away, but it would be better if you start moving on, or maybe just acknowledging the fact that Raseung died may help you guys even a little.”

With a pat on the shoulders he left the room, trailing after the kid who was balled on the sofa. He sat next to him and reclined back onto the soft cushions. “And I should start on figuring out a way to make you pass on peacefully.”

He muttered at the boy who was now standing in front of him.

“Hyung, why is hanbinnie sad?” The kid asked. Raesung cocked his head to the side, not really understanding the leader’s rage.

Bobby felt a headache coming and he kind of knew where this one is going.

“Raesunggie, do you realize that you are dead?”

The little nodded his head hesitantly with fragments on confusion remaining on his face.

Bobby shoved his face between his hands. Rubbing his cheeks in an exaggerated circular motion, it made him look uglier than the usual.

“Calm down,” he muttered to himself. He slowly came to a conclusion that he won’t live peacefully if he didn’t uncover the mystery of the wandering spirit in front of him. He smacked his own cheeks in determination again and looked straight into the eyes of the child.

“So, can you tell me Raesungie how you died?” the little one frowned at the question and pointed at himself.

Jiwon nodded at him, “Yes, you.” Raesung made a pondering expression. Arms locked and a finger tapping his chin. After a few seconds, the ghost shrugged and raised up the shirt he was wearing. Jiwon furrowed his brow at the marks that were covering the top right torso of the child. They were grave wounds, blood was still oozing from the scratch like marks, black bruises were decorating the right side of the child’s upper body, and no matter how you look at it they were “Stab wounds.”

Jiwon groaned at the scary thought that crossed his mind. The older hesitantly opened his mouth, “Raesunggie, were you k-killed?”

Raesung’s eyes widened at the question and it seemed like that Jiwon unlocked the safely hidden memories that lied deep within the child’s body. The little’s eyes were filled up with tears at the sudden rush of memories that suddenly attacked his senses. The kid flung himself at Jiwon and the older’s arm flew open clumsily. Jiwon awkwardly patted the shaking back of the weeping kid. The kid finally calmed down, and he detached himself from the older’s hold.

Bobby looked at him deciding the question that flipped his stomach contents uncomfortably. “do you know who killed you?” Raesung’s face paled even more as he heard him.

The kid shook his head, placing his hands on the side of his head trying to pull out his hair. The bunny impersonator brought the frantic soul back to his hold; soft yet hesitant touches ran down the silky black hair.

“We are not in a hurry, so take your time.” The once soulless eyes started b with tears, quivering lips were forming the letters that were on the tip of the younger’s tongue, “I-It hurts…” Bobby bit his lips and tightened his arms around the child, ‘just how did he die? This whole ordeal is becoming a huge issue.’ The soon to be rapper pondered as he rubbed soothing circles on the back of the child who was calming down.

The spirit slipped between his fingers, but Jiwon wasn’t having any of this. He reached out to the kid, but Raesung shook his head at him. Placing his index to his mouth and motioning his head to the direction of the room that bobby himself left a few minutes ago. Its good that Jiwon didn’t start interrogating the former maknae of the group. The members started filing into the living room one after another. ……………………………………………….......................... By the time the members were gathered around in the room, Raesung has disappeared into thin air. Jiwon sighed as he observed the members that were currently glaring at him.

Did he do something to offend them…Bobby thought for a while.Nope, nothing comes to mind.

His eyes fell on his supposed to be his roommate…Wow, the nerve of that guy to glare so bluntly at the beanie collector. “So…what now?” Bobby broke the silence. Hanbin’s glare hardened, “…Practice..” he bit out harshly.

Bobby gulped down nervously at him and the eyes that were assessing him. The newbie frowned at the leader. He thought that maybe Hanbin was pulling his legs, but apparently they were speaking the truth as the members stood up making a beeline to the door.

“Wait, wait, wait!” Jiwon held the shortest guy’s shoulder, and oops it turned out to be the oldest too. The fairy like guy slapped the offensive hands off him. Jiwon raised his hands up in surrender, “What?” he grumbled out.

The other members were soon standing beside and in front of their mat-hyung. ‘Sheesh, it’s not like I’ll attack one of them,’ bobby thought bemusedly.

“Calm down, it’s just why are we going to practice on the day your bandmate died?” Bobby said while he adjusted the beanie.

The word death made the poor guys flinch. Hanbin got enranged and was really ready to swing his fist at the older, but Jinhwan held him back.

“Because if we didn’t we will get replaced like how Sajanim replaced Raesunggie.” Jiwon wanted to refute, but he was going to take the chance and ask the guys more about the kid who died this morning. “Raesung,” bobby rolled the name out of his mouth, “Don’t say his name with that filthy mouth of yours.” Hanbin angrily bit out.

“Okay, okay, chillax, bruh, but could you at least tell me how did your friend die?” Jiwon tried his luck, but soon after that he regretted opening his mouth. The looks on the members faces darkened as the words left the newcomer. Jiwon was sure he was gonna get murdered especially by Hanbin. However, it seemed that the luck hasn’t left Bobby yet.

“it was a car accident.”