Chapter 1

Smile For a Better Tomorrow

Bobby's P.O.V

"Oh, my freakin' luck," I mumbled under my breath. Who would have thought that the first thing I do as I set my foot in my homeland would be to attend a funeral?

The funeral was held in a place away from prying eyes, and surprisingly a few attended to it. He could see the parents sitting at the side greeting the quests with heavy hearts, and the other group that grabbed his attention was a cluster of youngsters, wiping away their stray tears.

Well, this is uncomfortable. My eyes fell on the shuddering backs, taking in all of the tears, pain, and grief. God, have mercy on me. This is really sad... Sad for the guy who passed away, heard he was only 20 years old. Death sure hits everybody, no matter what their ages are, and to think he was just about to start his life. Sad for the people who lost their beloved one, and sad for me... the person who would shatter iKon's fantasies. I'm an Alien who doesn't belong into this world. My hands involuntary came to cover my eyes, wouldn't be just simpler to be born blind into this unfair life. No need to see the ugliness of this world, painting life with abstract colors that could portray happiness. Ignorance sure is a wonderful thing.

I could see through the cracks of my fingers the hunched figures weeping on the floor. Clearly, they are not used to death. Who be used to it? I guess me in some sense.

It may seem heartless from me to disregard the gravity of the situation in front of me and believe me when I say that I have my reasons. This is enough pessimism for one day. Look at the Bright side, I can finally achieve my dream and fulfill my promise to my mother. Yay me.

Before going into this story more, I should at least tell you the story from the damn beginning.

......................................................

It is one of these clichés you hear every once and then, so I hope I don't bore you. It is a story of a lucky one, and that is supposedly to be me. Me, the one whose life is stringed with mishaps. I must have used all of my life worth luck by getting picked as the 7th member of a boy band. I sure as hell was happy when the news reached my ears. The thought of getting my parents, especially my mom out from the hell hole she was currently living in made me fly in ecstasy. Who knew that the pretty lil me got some talent in his old, cranky bones. I was not just blessed with that curse shadowing every step of mine, but I was actually blessed with the opportunity to work my off, so I can finally see her smile. That's why when I hugged her hardly at the airport, I promised her to build the house of her dreams. I kissed her one last time on her forehead, and held back my tears while waving hardly as I proceeded to the plane.

Well, until this part of the story nothing should set me off, right? However, I was really naïve thinking that my road will be adorned with flowers, why? Because the first thing I did as I came back is to attend a funeral, a funeral? YG must be ting me?! You know why? Because those places are dreadful to me, why again? Because I can see ghosts. Yes, freakin ghosts. And that ladies and gentlemen is the curse that will never leave my shadow. How? Hell, if I know the answer to that, but one thing for sure is that I wasn't born in that queer way. There is no clear explanation to how I am able to see them, except for that incident where I drowned and miraculously survived. That is not the only thing I gained from that day, I have a weirdly crystal orange hair that started growing from the roots of my hair which ends up being dyed every month. It's so creepy and ugly that I'd like to rip it off my head, and a scar that reminds me of the possible death I faced that fateful day residing on my shoulder. However, no use crying over spilled milk. I soon learned my ways around supernatural creatures. Well, not really since they are not exactly ghosts. In a sense they are, but they are actually Youkais. Spirts? That's another way to describe them. Anyways, we are way off topic now, so back on track!

Ok, so, where were we? Yeah! Therefore, here I am in Korea, joining as the member who replaced a dead fella. That damn sly old man never told me that iKON was originally 7-member group and today one of them died. KILL ME! I swiped my palm over my tired face, and pitied the guys in front of me. Well, they don't look pleased at all. Nope, if looks could kill. What a way to break the news to heartbroken men. Way to go old fart.

..........................................

A firm hand found its way to my shoulder. Yang Hyunsuk looked... smug? A smirk was playing on his face. I hesitantly looked over to the members and gave them a little wave, "Hi....?"

Silence took over the place.

Awkward.... Nice... way to kill the mood.

A doe eyed brunette suddenly spoke up with venom dripping his hoarse voice, "Who is he?"

A brave one, I noted.

"Like I said, He is here to fill the gap that Raseung has left."

Raesung must be the kid who passed away. My eyes fell on the framed picture above the casket. It was a young boy, really young one with a bright smile adorning his face. He gives the impression of a precious being.

"What?!" Wow, a husky voice. It sure has a charm to it. Oops, this is not the time to appreciate others. For a minute, my fingers looked so interesting that I couldn't help but look at it. Whom am I kidding? I can't face them.

A screechy but squeaky voice butted in, "Sajanim, R-Raesung has just passed away, this morning! How can you do that to him?!" Yes, old man, how can you do that to me?! A bitter taste filled my mouth as I looked at the members. They are eyes were all red, tears stinging their eyes. Obviously, they are still not over what happened to their precious one. Who would be?

YG shook his head and if you look closely, you could see sadness swimming in his stoic expression, "That's why I brought Bobby. He'll be the 7th member in iKON, so get used to it."

"Bobby..." the hoarse voice was heard once again. I raised my eyes and lucky me all their attention seem to be on me. Guess, this is my cue to introduce myself, "I..Uh, I'm Bobby, Kim Jiwon, nice to meet you..." and a bow followed it shortly.

I'm sure that this isn't a pleasant first meeting. There goes my hope in making friends with the band. Whoosh. They sure are not impressed by what they see. Don't look at me like that, it wasn't me who pooped onto your grieving. If I knew this would happen, I wouldn't have applied for the audition in the first place.

I didn't know that I'll even be picked. Oh god have mercy on me!!!! Therefore, stop glaring. You guys are...scaring me. Wow, I feel pathetic. The CEO started moving away towards the exit and threw his head back with a dream glint dancing in his midnight orbs.

"Bring Bobby with you. Starting from today on, he will be living with you guys. Goodbye."

Oi, oi, OI, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK LEAVING COOLELY LIKE THAT! I'M GONNA GET MURDERED FOR GOD'S SAKE, COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!! , they are looking at me now. They are taking in the news badly.

The tension in the air was suffocating. I knew that I had to something to escape this place as soon as possible. I moved ahead of them towards the casket, but one of the members yanked my wrist. The nerve that this kid has, I sighed as the other guy flared up, "Where do you think you are going?!"

This kid is so skinny and lanky that you can't believe the strength he has, but pat me on head, I stood firmly instead of cowering against his intimidating aura.

"Pay my respects... That's the least thing I can do in this situation." The hold on my wrist slackened, so I shook him off gently before heading towards the parents, nodding at them and then I sat on the matted floor. I closed my eyes and clasped my hands in prayer.

.......

Thud

......

One thing led to another. At first, I thought I was imagining the face that flickered in front of my eyes, but suddenly a heavy weight clashed my chest, knocking backwards. Oh, is that the ceiling I'm seeing. I bit my lips to avoid any girly screams from coming out as I felt a weight resting on my chest. , this is not a time for this. I held on the beanie that was covering my hair and glared at the kid who was straddling me.

"you... you can see me?!" it said.

I scrunched my nose at it, ready to shout my colorful vocabulary at the kid that was creepily looking at me, but all of the anger died down my throat as the members filled my view.

"What are you doing?" the same brunette asked once again.

I bit my lips and sat up slowly, thinking of an explanation to cover my weird antics.

"My legs fell asleep?" Yeah, right, like they'd buy that, and what do you know? THEY DID!

They rolled their eyes at me and I hoped that raven head's eye would get stuck. Damn, how sassy is he?!

I adjusted the beanie atop of my head. Shoving my hair under the soft material, and stood up slowly smacking the damn kid in a way that it seemed that I'm swatting the dirt of my pants.

"Owww, why did you hit me?! I knew it you can see me!" Shut up, stop infuriating me kiddo or I'll smack the outta you... is what I wanted to say, but no way am I risking myself for the sake of a newly turned youkai.

This kid is probably the one who died today. Raesung, was it? I wracked my eyes over his small figure. In my opinion, he is too short to pass for a 20 years old. The correct word was too young, he had a kidd-ish face.

"Ma'am, we'll take our leave now. Please take care our self and if anything happened call us." A kind looking blonde uttered the words softly as he squeezed the mother's hands.

"Thank you, dear. You guys also take care of yourselves." She kindly patted his cheek.

I pursed my lips as I gave my respects hastily and followed the members outside. My eyes fell on the kid who was still trailing after me. God, is he planning to follow me to the dorms? That'll be bad. I didn't notice that iKON had halted their steps, and were inclining upon the rails waiting for the van to come and pick them up, so I ran straight into one of the members chest's.

I held my nose that was now bright red from the collision. Raised my hand up in apology, "Sorry," and ran my eyes over guy who I bumped into... Geh, its that sassy raven head.

I nearly poked his eyes as he rolled them in disgust. I turned to the others who were also not so subtly glaring at me. This is just so unfair, it's not like I killed their member. I held back a pout and just sighed softly. This is actually not so unusual. I had the knack to make people hate me, so I'm okay with it., but I don't want to live like this. Therefore, I gathered my courage and nodded my head to them.

"I'm sorry that we had to meet this way, so once again, I'm Bobby, nice to meet you guys." And I really need this job, a familiar face popped in my mind that made me gather my and harden my stare at them.

"So, what do you want us to do, accept you?" the doe eyed brunette asked sarcastically. Hatred shooting from his eyes.

"I don't expect you guys to accept me, and I have a feeling that I'm you're not gonna make my life easier here, but it's all fine to me."

The shortest one in the group narrowed his eyes at me, "then, what do you want from us?"

"In this case, your names?" I raised my eyebrow at him, and the guy bit his lips for a second, but after a second of observing me a sigh left him.

"I'm Jinhwan, the oldest. The one next to me is Hanbin, the leader, and that's Donghyuk, Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, and lastly Junhoe."

My eyes fell on the man named Hanbin... That bast**** that's why he was so confident and rude when talking to me.

Hanbin glared back at me, "What?"

"Nothing..." I tsked, and thankfully, the van had a filly came. I could feel my shoulders slumping, I have a feeling that this will be a long hellish ride. I adjusted the beanie atop my head and braced myself for the unknown future waiting ahead of me.

.....................

Please tell me if you want me to continue this story....