Chapter 1

Roman Killer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beer cans were left unfinished, the glass table is messed by the remaining food packaging from last night delivery.

 

 

 

Television's sound is like a background noise in the living room. Jeongyeon was sleeping on their sofa bed with wide open.

 

 

 

* Click * 

 

 

 

Her sister Seungyeon took a picture of her while grinning.

 

 

 

After a second, the alarm on her phone rang loudly and she woke up. She opened her eyes seeing a hand on her face holding an iphone. 

 

 

 

Seungyeon bursted in laughter.

 

 

 

Jeongyeon grabbed the phone but her sister was quick enough to pull it back. 

 

 

 

'Ya. Unnie!' -- she tried to shout.

 

 

 

'I prepared breakfast, eat well. I'm off to work.' 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon was left seated scratching her brown short hair still trying to wake herself from sleepiness. The news on their flat screen TV flashed on her face.. 

 

 

 

'A student jumped from Gwanaksa (관악사) building of Seoul National University this morning, authorities are now covering the area for investigation.' -- The reporter said. 

 

 

 

Sure enough, this woke her in an instant. 

 

 

 

She immediately checked her phone. It's 9:16 AM. Messages are popping up.

 

 

 

'Geez, this old man, really.' - Jy getting irritated with Jinyoung's messages about their team being slow. 

 

 

 

Someone called as expected. 

 

 

 

'Yo? Are you awake? We need you here asap' -- Chaeyoung said. 

 

 

 

'Yes. I'll be there in 10 minutes'  

 

 

 

'!' -- she said stumbled running quickly to the bathroom. 

 

 

 

It's the first day of the month, yet Jeongyeon and her team are still the most flop among other districts. Jinyoung, their boss, is always having a hard time everytime an incident happens, throwing harsh words and being hostile to them is one of his way to make their asses work.

 

 

 

------

 

 

 

The everyday routine was not the same in Seoul National University for this happened the first time..

 

 

 

Reporters from large TV networks are seen shooting. Policemen are capturing the scene with camera. Students living in the dormitory are outside gathered in circle, you can hear them whisper in curiosity.

 

 

 

'Who is he?' 

 

 

 

'Ohmygod' 

 

 

 

'Did he jump?'

 

 

 

'Suicide?' 

 

 

 

'Poor kid'

 

 

 

The barricade tape covered the whole area where the boy's body was found, his blood splattered on the floor near his head. Officers in green vest are pushing outsiders to step away. 

 

 

 

'Ya ya ya! Go back to your business we are on duty.' -- a member said. 

 

 

 

A woman was weeping in the crowd as she walked to reach the scene. She cried louder when she saw her son. Her husband is in tears kneeled down. Obviously couldn't accept what happened. An officer seeked conversation with them to calm them down. 

 

 

 

'Officer. You need to investigate this. Our son will not do such thing. This can't be happening. Officer please.' -- The mom cried. 

 

 

 

Nearby is Chaeyoung, wearing her police uniform. Having conversation with the captain while writing important notes.

 

 

 

Jeongyeon finally arrives. Walking past to Chaeyoung making eye contact.. 

 

 

 

She ducked and pushed the yellow tape upwards to check the scene.

 

 

 

'Is he dead?' -- she asked. 

 

 

 

'Yes, he's dead.' -- Nayeon said, while touching the neck checking for pulse. Then walked away back to the emergency van.

 

 

 

Two men came to pick the body. 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung ran to Jeongyeon..

 

 

 

'Since when did you wear glasses?' -- coming from Jeongyeon. 

 

 

 

'My contacts expired, you slowpoke.' -- Chae rebutted. 

 

 

 

'I said I'm coming in 10 minutes which I did!' trying to defend herself.

 

 

 

'30 minutes had passed. Whatever..' rolling her eyes jokingly.

 

 

 

Yes they're friends..

 

 

 

'I spoke to the captain, he said it's suicide according to witnesses. It was 5ish in the morning when it happened. They didn't see anyone else on the rooftop aside from him.

 

He lives alone in his dormitory at 7th floor of the building.' -- Chae.

 

 

 

'Does he have a girlfriend?' -- Jeong. 

 

 

 

'They won't allow him to date according to their mother, and she was begging to get this investigated asap.' -- Chae.

 

 

 

'I'm gonna head to the principal's office and ask for CCTV footage, I'm not convinced it's suicide. You go tell this to Mina so she can prepare.' Jy said.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter