The Past and Present

In My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The blackout curtains were tightly drawn, blocking out the bright sunlight that was threatening to stream into the dark bedroom. This was a cosy and obviously feminine space. The walls were washed in pastel colours, and they were bare, save for a painting of a little girl by the beach that was hanging above the queen sized bed. The bed was dressed in emerald green sheets and a summer duvet that was tucked primly around a slender, slumbering woman. 

Moon Chaewon could hear the birds chirping loudly, likely feasting on the delicious fruit borne by the persimmon tree in her garden. It ha roused her from the deep sleep that she was in and she stretched her limbs lazily under her covers. She cracked open her heavy eyelids to check the digital clock that was on her bedside table. 

09:30 am.

She really should be getting out of bed. 

Instead, she burrowed deeper into her comfy cocoon, relishing the smooth and cool feeling of the sheets against her bare legs. 

Chaewon was finally done with her latest project, Flower of Evil, and was getting the rest she knew she definitely deserved. They were put on a gruelling schedule, and she barely got any sleep in the past month as they pushed through long tiring days to get the filming out of the way before the summer heat hit the country.

Now that filming had finally ended, she was trying her best to sleep in, but to no avail. Her rigid body clock had made sure of it. Still, she relished the feeling of lazing in bed and allowing her mind to wander.

The past two weeks were filled with a deep sense of emptiness - Chaewon missed the buzz of energy from the production crew, the fast paced days and endless nights. More importantly, she missed the warmth of her little make believe family. 

From little Seoyeon-ie's sunny smiles and Joongi oppa's deep baritone voice, to Heejin eonnie's calm advice and Hyunwoo's shy jokes, Chaewon missed them all. It was not easy to go back to the quiet days and her silent home.

But Chaewon was used to this by now. It was all part and parcel of being an actor. 

With her thoughts lingering on her fellow co-stars, and a fond smile on her lips, Chaewon blindly reached for her phone on her wooden bedside bench. She squinted when she turned the screen on.

Song Joongki - 1 new message.

Chaewon shot up from her lying position, surprised by what she saw on the notification panel. Her finger hovered across the screen for a moment before she opened the message. 

 

Chaewon-ah, congrats on completing your latest project

I heard you did really well - good work!

 

Her heart started to race without her permission. This was the first time Song Joongki had texted her in a long while, and she did not know how to respond. Chaewon took a shaky breath as her fingers hovered over the keyboard. 

 

Thank you, Joongki oppa. I had a good time working on it

Yeah?

How was your experience working with director Kim?

I'll be joining him for my next project

Oh really? A melodrama?

You interested in that? 

Yeah, it had been awhile since my last melo

And like your project, it has a dark element to it

Eo, am happy that you've finally picked another drama project.

I just watched your latest movie, Space Sweepers and it was amazing!

But definitely missed you on the small screen

Ah-ha

Our Chaewon-ie had been keeping tabs on me, haven't you?

 

Ah, she had forgotten what a tease he could be. Despite the smile creeping up her lips, Chaewon chose to ignore his comment. Just like how she would have responded in the past

 

Director Kim is great at drawing out emotions between the actors, Oppa

Plus he is also very gentle and patient

 

Yeah? That's good. 
I was kinda worried actually. 

Yeah, I had such a good time working with him. 

Don't worry, Oppa 

I'm sure you and your co stars will work really well together to produce amazing piece of work

Ooh, sounds like you really had a good time, eh? 

How was working with Lee Joongi-ssi? 

I heard he's the type that really brings a lot of fun to the set. 

 

He definitely did. 

Having filmed Criminal Minds before, Chaewon knew that even before they started on Flower of Evil. He had always been an affectionate and friendly person - not just to her but to everyone else on set. He seemed to be able to generate a dynamic energy that infected everyone else around him. 

Yet, he was always balanced as well.

This was one of the reasons why she dared to take on a role with such emotional depth. And was deeply grateful for the amount of chemistry she shared with one Lee Joongi. He was skillful and delicate with emotions, and she was grateful fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter