Chapter 43 ~ 50

Unexpected Solace

đŸș - Chapter Forty-three - 

 

The next morning the omega was once again woken by the ringing of his fiance’s phone. 

“I thought we were past that
” Baekhyun mumbled, his eyes still closed and his head lolling back slowly. 

Chanyeol chuckled as he rolled over to grab his phone and check the caller ID, wiping the sleep out of his own eyes. The alpha made a noise of recognition and pushed the button to answer. “Minseok! So, what have we decided?” 

Baekhyun groggily opened one eyelid to watch his fiance talk on the phone. 

Chanyeol had called Minseok the night before and talked briefly with him about the message from Mr. Byun that Lay had forwarded. The lawyer calling them this early in the morning meant the call was very important. The alpha listened to the lawyer, making interested hums of agreement into the phone as he carded his thick fingers through Baekhyun’s hair. The omega closed his eyes back, almost purring in contentment as he let the sensation lull him back to sleep. Chanyeol smiled affectionately at the sweet scene and lowered his voice to speak quietly as the call came to an end.

Seeing his chance, the alpha leaned back a little and took a quick picture of his sleeping fiance, then set the phone aside. He settled himself back next to the dozing man and placed his arm over the curvy waist. As if by instinct, the omega snuggled in closer to Chanyeol and placed his nose right against the alpha’s broad chest before breathing out a huff in his sleep. Chanyeol smiled as he closed his own eyes and let sleep take him as well.

 

Two days later the couple met up with Lay and Junmyeon at the Tokyo airport, and together with a large security team they all returned to Korea. The media on both sides of the Sea of Japan had caught wind of the now-famous couple’s plans to return. Because of this, both the Tokyo airport and the Seoul airport were crowded with reporters and curious onlookers. Chanyeol was worried all the scrutiny might be too much for his mate, but Baekhyun managed well and even gave him a genuine smile when they were out of eyesight of all the cameras. 

The next morning the fiances were back at the WhiteChord main office in Seoul, meeting with Minseok and the rest of the legal team. Chanyeol and Baekhyun, Mr. Park, Junmyeon, Yoora, Tao, and even Sehun and the rest of the security team were briefed about what would be happening on the court date which was rapidly approaching. In less than a week anything and everything pertaining to Baekhyun’s life leading up to that point would probably be debated in front of a judge. 

It was a little nerve-wracking to the omega that intimate details of his life would be on display this way. But the proceedings would be in a closed setting with no media allowed, so no extra information should be made public. And just in case, the WhiteChord legal team had already drawn up papers that were being filed first for a non-disclosure agreement between all parties involved in the lawsuits. If anyone other than Baekhyun spoke about any of the omega’s personal information, they could be thrown in jail and be ordered to pay a disgustingly large sum of money. Chanyeol insisted he be included in this stipulation, just to prevent any accusations of bias.

The night before the court date, Chanyeol and Baekhyun had dinner with Mr. Park at the family residence. Yoora was there as well, and this time Junmyeon and Lay also joined them. They all enjoyed the good food and good conversation, and the delightful evening proved to be the perfect distraction for Chanyeol's nervous fiance. 

The alpha also made sure to distract his fiance at home later that night in their bedroom. After cleaning up from their love-making, Chanyeol flicked off the light, then wrapped the omega up tightly in his arms, kissed his button nose, and snuggled them both to sleep. 


 

The presentation of all of the lawsuits from both sides took over a week. Then it took several more days for  Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Lay, Mr. Byun, and several others to each give their side of the story. And after each testimony the witnesses were thoroughly questioned to properly verify all the evidence. 

Since the lawsuits were all centered around the Byun’s and the WhiteChord pack, everything was addressed simultaneously. All of the details were sorted through carefully and thoroughly by the litigators, with the judge asking additional questions along the way. Each day was long and was grueling, and Baekhyun had a hard time sleeping each night from the stress of it all. 

 

Finally, almost three weeks after the first court date, they were informed that the judge had made their decision.

 And the court had settled in their favor. 

The message that was sent from Baekhyun's father via Lay’s cell phone ended up being the proverbial nail-in-the-coffin for any chance of the Byun's winning the lawsuits. Baekhyun had refused to speak directly with his father, instead choosing to communicate thru messages sent to Lay’s phone, who had in turn forwarded the messages to the phone that Mr. Byun had used to send the original message.

The elder Byun had returned with a scathing message of his own stating he would be counter-suing for what he considered were damages to the Byun name because of his son’s “careless actions”. Baekhyun’s father stated he would also be suing Chanyeol and the WhiteChord pack for money to cover what the Byun’s had lost from the man that the omega was supposed to marry. 

What Baekhyun didn’t know was that the much older man was actually an investor in the Byun’s side business ventures. This man had been giving his parents money to support their lifestyle in exchange for the clout of being seen with them and also being betrothed to their only son. 

All of this came to light in the legal proceedings. 

The WhiteChord pack and, more importantly, Baekhyun, were cleared of any wrongdoing. In the end the omega’s parents had to relinquish all rights to their son, and were also ordered to pay restitution to Baekhyun and to the WhiteChord pack for malice, libel and slander. The feeling was surreal for the omega to realize he was finally completely free to do whatever he wanted with his life. 

Baekhyun reacted to the shock of it all by running to the trashcan in the hallway of the courthouse and throwing up everything he had eaten that day. 

Chanyeol and Junmyeon both ran after him, arriving just in time to brush his hair back from his face and help hold him up. The omega’s knees were weak and he was sweating, but as soon as he leaned back and wiped his mouth he was smiling again. 

They had won. 

 

And he was pregnant.

 

❍

 

đŸș - Chapter Forty-four - 

 

Even though they had confirmed it with three home test kits, the couple hadn’t told anyone about the pregnancy. 

But when the WhiteChord heir didn’t seem overly worried as his fiance unceremoniously emptied his stomach in the courthouse trashcan, the rest of their inner circle figured out their secret in a matter of minutes. After speaking with Chanyeol, Mr. Park gave his congratulations quietly and then told the rest of the group to stay mum about his soon-to-be grandchild. WhiteChord security had quickly surrounded the area so no one else in the courthouse was aware of what had happened at the trashcan, and the fiances wanted Baekhyun and their unborn child to make it through the first trimester before officially announcing it to the world.

Outside, the media cameras filmed the victorious members of the WhiteChord pack as they left the courthouse that day. But the public wasn’t aware of the reason for the extra bounce in everyone’s gait as they walked down the front steps and got into the two large black and white vans. 

Per Mr. Park’s instructions, the communication systems between the vehicles were connected. As soon as the doors were closed and they pulled away a loud collective cheer went up from the entire group of passengers in both vehicles. Mr. Park gave congratulations to each participant in the grueling legal process, and then conversation was immediately directed to talk of plans for the engaged couple’s upcoming wedding. Good natured speculations and jokes had the happy couple laughing and blushing all the way back to the basement parking garage at the WhiteChord main office building.

While the media was distracted at the front doors, Mr. Byun and his legal team chose to leave the courthouse by a private side door, away from the reporters and cameras. Within half an hour of their departure a prepared statement was released to the public expressing Mr. and Mrs. Byun’s extreme disappointment in the judgements. No other details or information was given, partially due to the non-disclosure agreement. 

Following the release of the statement, Baekhyun’s parents stayed out of the public eye for over two weeks, waiting as the hot story cooled, before slowly going back to a quieter version of their accustomed way of life. They still used their money and name to get into the salons, spas, and restaurants of their choice. But they did so in a much more guarded and quieter fashion than before, choosing to stay away from media attention as much as possible. And the money they owed to WhiteChord and their son was quietly paid in payments that began a week after the judgement was rendered.

Meanwhile Baekhyun stayed busy with wedding planning. He and Chanyeol wanted to get married at the beginning of the 5th month of his pregnancy. They guessed that most of the morning sickness would likely be done by then and he also wouldn’t feel overly uncomfortable from the size of his body or the baby possibly kicking him. 

Despite joking about several comical ideas, the couple settled on a theme for the wedding that emphasized nature and casual elegance.

For the venue they chose the grand ballroom located at the top of the main WhiteChord building, where floor-to-ceiling windows gave a panoramic view of the large city. They decided it would be a late afternoon wedding, and the confirmation of their vows would happen as the room was lit by the rays of the setting sun. By the time the sun finished setting the city lights would be twinkling around the building and be a lovely backdrop for pictures. The reception would be lit by gradually increasing uplighting to give a beautiful ambiance in the diminishing natural light. 

Yoora took it upon herself to oversee all the arrangements for the room, insisting that she looked forward to letting out her “inner diva” to make sure everything was perfect yet not too over-the-top for her brother and brother-in-law. Carefully placed greenery would be used throughout the room, with white, ivory, and pale blue flowers in subtle arrangements placed on the tables and strategic points around the room. Every table would have a tablecloth and beautiful high-end cutlery and dinnerware, but the emphasis would not be on the grandeur but rather on the way that everything flowed naturally together to create a subtle yet classy look. 

Baekhyun asked Junmyeon to be his best man. The cousins had fun tormenting everyone with fake details but the pregnant groom decided to keep the actual choice of attire a surprise for the big day. What no one knew was that the best man's mother lived next door to the secretary for the Seoul branch of Tom Ford attire. A little sweet-talking by the lady to her neighbor and the men had a private appointment at the high end clothiers. Baekhyun was wary of informing the tailor there of the little bun in his oven, but the intuitive man not only guessed about the omega's special glow but also promised complete confidentiality before Baekhyun even had to voice his concerns. Happily, both cousins were soon handsomely fitted in the designer suits of their choice. 

It came as no surprise that Chanyeol asked his trusted bodyguard and longtime friend, Lay, to stand with him in the ceremony. Ironically, the tall groom and his best man also went to Tom Ford for their suits, but the attendants there didn’t mention Baekhyun’s visit and also made sure to subtly steer Chanyeol and Lay away from the choices the other two in the wedding party were wearing for the big day. The two alpha didn't keep anyone in suspense with their clothing choices, even going as far as sending pictures of the suits to their mates for opinions. Baekhyun and Junmyeon were appropriately stunned and approving of the choices. 

Chanyeol knew that one of the perks of being a WhiteChord lawyers was that Minseok was legally allowed to perform weddings. Baekhyun had only talked about the lawsuit with the man during the legal proceedings in the weeks prior, so before being completely convinced, Baekhyun insisted on meeting the lawyer at a cafe for a casual interview to get to know him better. They got along well, and when they both ordered the same herbal tea without the other knowing, the omega deemed them friends for life and happily agreed to have the beta officiate the nuptials. The icing on the top was when the lawyer mentioned his spouse might be willing to sing at the wedding. It turned out his husband was a beta named Jongdae who happened to be a famous singer that used the stage name “Chen”. The ecstatic groom, who was also a longtime fan of the performer, happily nodded his consent. It was Chanyeol’s turn to be appropriately stunned and approving when he learned of the arrangement.

The question of the cake was difficult. But Yoora insisted she knew exactly what they would want. She spoke to Kyungsoo, who’s family owned a bakery. Two days later the bodyguard showed up at the fiances’ apartment with a small cake. When Chanyeol did the honors of cutting slices for tasting, Baekhyun saw the beautiful inside of the cake and broke down in tears. He put part of the blame on his pregnancy hormones, but the reality was he was relieved that the light chocolate cake layered with strawberries and covered with ivory buttercream frosting was absolutely perfect for their wedding. 

The only thing left was the music for the special occasion, but Baekhyun assured his fiance that he knew of a solution. The omega spoke with his long-time friend Sehun, and the bodyguard agreed to dust off his DJ-ing skills for the sake of his friend’s happiness. 

Everything was coming together. All they had to do was make it to the wedding.

 

❍

 

đŸș - Chapter Forty-five - 

 

Monthly doctor visits, afternoon naps, and strange cravings were some of the obvious changes in the couple’s routine. But even though Baekhyun was the one carrying the new life, Chanyeol realized he was feeling changes as well. 

If he didn’t get to take a nap, the alpha found himself getting sleepy much earlier in the evening than he was used to. When he smelled cucumber it made him nauseous, despite the fact that in the past he actually liked the vegetable that his fiance despised. When Baekhyun craved his favorite Nutella, the alpha would also get a niggling idea of having some of the spread on toast or with the soft pretzels that his pregnant mate enjoyed from time to time. 

And Chanyeol realized, for some reason, his wolf didn’t want to be separated from his mate. At all.

If Baekhyun decided to cook a meal for them, the alpha would let him do as much of the work as he wanted to, but Chanyeol would feel unsettled until he could sit at the kitchen island and keep an alert eye on everything the pregnant omega was doing. 

The pregnant man liked to hang out with his cousin. They would keep in contact with both of their alpha through texts and occasional phone calls, but Chanyeol would have a difficult time keeping his mind on his work and his wolf would be on edge until his mate returned to be within his line of sight. 

Whenever Baekhyun laid down for a nap, Chanyeol would take a nap as well and enjoyed being the “big spoon” in their cuddling. But even then his wolf wouldn’t let him fully sleep until at least one of his hands was placed gently but protectively across the swelling belly of his mate.

The pregnant omega noticed these changes, and he didn’t mind the extra attention. But he did sit his fiance down on the living room couch with him to have a heart-to-heart talk about all the things the alpha was experiencing. Although Chanyeol was slightly embarrassed at first, he was grateful for his understanding mate. They continued talking and rolled on the couch together as they laughed heartily about silly things they might also end up doing before the end of the pregnancy. 

After that it was a given that wherever Baekhyun was, Chanyeol would be nearby.

 

A week before the wedding, the doorbell rang in their high rise apartment and Chanyeol got up from the couch to answer it. As soon as he opened the door, Junmyeon and Yoora came piling in, carrying several grocery bags. Baekhyun still sat on the couch in the living room with his legs propped up on a pillow that was lying on the coffee table. He looked surprised and confused at their arrival. His sister-in-law just giggled and waved, dropped the bags in her arms, then grabbed her brother’s arm, dragging him towards the master bedroom. 

Junmyeon left two of the bags next to the couch and carried the rest into the kitchen. Baekhyun got up and followed him, still confused. He watched as his cousin unloaded a mammoth carton of orange juice and several bottles of what appeared to be champagne, placing them all in the refrigerator. He also unpacked three large containers of strawberries, a bag of oranges, three peaches, two pears, and a mango. 

“Um.. I really appreciate the gesture, but you know I can’t drink alcohol right now, and WHY did you buy me all this fruit??” Baekhyun asked.

Junmyeon grinned. “Everything’s non-alcoholic and we bought it for all of us!”

“All of us?” As if the pregnant man’s words were a cue, the doorbell rang again. 

Ignoring his cousin’s confused expression, the photographer jogged towards the front door. “I GOT IT!” he called out.

More voices were heard as the door was opened. Baekhyun started to walk towards the living room to see who was coming into the apartment, but stopped in the hallway area when he noticed his fiance and sister-in-law were coming back from the master bedroom. Chanyeol had a small duffle bag in his hand and a slightly frustrated look on his face. 

The pregnant man reached out and hugged him. “What’s going on?”

The alpha immediately put his arms around his fiance. “I’m not really sure. Yoora had me pack an overnight bag and said to trust her.” 

Baekhyun leaned back to look up at his tall fiance then over at Yoora. “An overnight bag?”

The woman grinned. “It’s all under control. Now, say bye bye to your hubby. You’ll see him tomorrow or maybe the next some time.”

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. “Some time?” he asked with a strong tone of suspicion. 

Yoora blinked. “Ooh. Scary pregnant omega
” she said, nudging her brother.

Chanyeol hugged his fiance a little harder. “I think it’ll be ok. She said your friends are staying here.”

Baekhyun’s eyebrows went higher. “They’re what?”

Junmyeon had walked up at that moment and he clapped his hand down on the pregnant man’s shoulder. “Where do you keep your spare blankets?”

Baekhyun still had his arms around his tall fiance, but he turned his head towards his cousin. “Junnie. Tell me what’s going on RIGHT NOW.” 

Yoora shivered and sent her brother a look as she muttered. “Very scary pregnant omega.”

Junmyeon just smiled broadly. “Hyunnie it’s ok. Since we couldn’t take you out for a bachelor party we brought everyone here for a sleepover instead.”

Baekhyun raised only one eyebrow this time. “Everyone..?” He looked over at Yoora. “But Chanyeol has to leave..?”

The woman smiled reassuringly. “He’s just going next door to Lay’s. Don’t worry.”

The alpha looked at his sister accusingly. “You couldn’t have mentioned that earlier and kept me from worrying so much?”

Yoora cocked her head a little. “I know you’re clingy, but your fiance will be safe, don’t worry.”

“Yes, but we need to be close because- well- I mean...” the alpha was uncharacteristically unsure of his words. His sister looked at him in surprise but before she could say anything Baekhyun put his hand comfortingly on his fiance’s chest. 

“Let’s tell them..” he said gently to Chanyeol. 

The alpha looked at him and sighed but then nodded with a small smile on his face. Chanyeol kept an arm around his pregnant mate’s shoulders who put his hand on his belly as he turned his body towards Junmyeon and Yoora. 

The two looked at each other and then at the fiances. “Yes yes.. We already know you’re pregnant.” Junmyeon said with a grin.

The alpha’s smile grew wider as he looked down at Baekhyun. 

The omega returned the broad smile then looked back at the two in front of them.  “Yes, but what you don’t know is that we’re actually expecting twins.”

 

❍

 

đŸș - Chapter Forty-six - 

 

“Whaaa?!!” The explosive reaction was simultaneous. 

The amazed sounds from Junmyeon and Yoora made the others in the apartment come running over, and Baekhyun realized he would have to explain the news to the other guests as he noticed Sehun, Luhan, and Minseok.

Yoora didn’t give him any time to feel panicked. “Oh god, don’t tell me my brother is going to start bragging about his strong alpha or something!” she said, rolling her eyes.

Baekhyun burst out laughing and Chanyeol put his hand behind his head in a sheepish ‘shucks’ gesture. The others crowded around, demanding to know what had made Junmyeon and Yoora react so loudly. Soon the whole apartment was filled with exclamations of joy, amazement, and congratulations for the doubly-expecting couple.

Eventually Baekhyun’s sister-in-law felt compelled to ruin their fun. “OK! Time to kick the big daddy out and let the rest of us have some fun!” she began pushing on her brother, trying to get him to walk towards the door. 

The alpha whined. “But why?? It’s gonna be fun here. And Baekhyun is here! Why can’t I staaayy?” He reached his arms out towards his fiance as he protested his sister’s actions. 

Baekhyun was still standing with the circle of friends that had been crowding around reacting with elation over the news of the double pregnancy. He looked over at his tall lover that was stretching long arms in his direction and smiled through a cute fake pout of his own. “Awww
”

The doorbell sounded again and the friends all looked in the direction of the front door. “I’ll get it.” Junmyeon offered. As the omega left the group, the rest drifted after him into the living room and settled on the couch and chairs. Chanyeol stood and back-hugged his fiance as they watched the photographer open the front door to reveal Lay and a shorter figure wrapped up in a coat and facemask beside him. 

The bodyguard hugged his boyfriend then looked over at the group. “Ready to come over?” he asked his boss. 

Chanyeol hugged the pregnant man tighter, leaning over to whisper in his ear. “I’ll be right next door and can come back at any point that you want.” He gently kissed Baekhyun’s neck then turned him and kissed his lips briefly. “Have fun.” he said louder, for the group to hear. “And be sure to call me if Baekhyun needs anything.”

Yoora huffed. “Yes, yes, yes! We’ll take good care of him, don’t worry!” she gestured at her brother. “Get going already!”

The alpha rolled his eyes but leaned down and pecked Baekhyun’s lips one last time before grabbing the small duffle bag and walking towards the door. Minseok stood and followed him, surprising everyone as he greeted the smaller guest with a hug. Everyone watched the man take off his coat, and as the lawyer held it, the man also took off his hat and facemask to reveal-

“CHEN!” “Aahh!!” “Ohmygod!” “Whaaa..!”

Exclamations of amazement and happiness over the celebrity joining them echoed loudly in the apartment. 

Chanyeol stomped his foot and dropped his duffle bag. “Dammit! Now I REALLY want to stay!” he pouted loudly.

Yoora looked at her brother incredulously while the rest of the group, including the singer, all burst out laughing at the alpha’s tantrum. Lay laughed as he agreed with his boss and good friend. “I do too but there’s only so much room in here and the guys are waiting next door as well.”

Chanyeol looked interested. “Who’s all there?”

“Tao, Kyungsoo, and Youngwoon.”

The WhiteChord heir groaned at the news of his family’s long-time bodyguard being there. “Oh god
 Kangin-hyung’s gonna have all these embarrassing stories to tell about me.”

Lay chuckled. “Yup. We’ve already heard a couple of them while we were waiting for you.” 

Baekhyun had come over to the door and he perked up at the conversation. “Oh no fair, I wanna hear these stories!” He grinned at his fiance. “There’s got to be so much dirt I haven’t heard about you yet..” 

Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at the pregnant man in jest, but then turned back to his friend and bodyguard. “So what do you think? Can you bring the guys over and combine the parties? This is a big apartment. It might be a little tight but if you grab that huge floor cushion from your place and we spread out a bunch of blankets we could make it work..” He put his arm back around his fiance. “And it would make us both happier to not be separated at night. Despite what my sister wants to do to us..”

“I HEARD THAT.” The woman’s voice was loud with a hint of humor, causing the rest of the room to burst into laughter. 

Baekhyun snuck his arms around his fiance’s waist and turned puppy-dog eyes towards the bodyguard. Lay sighed. “Ok
 I’ll go get the guys and our stuff.”  The pregnant man gave a cute little cheer. 

Junmyeon laughed as he walked over to his boyfriend’s side. “C’mon. I’ll help with getting everything over here.” The two walked out hand in hand. 

Baekhyun let his fiance give him a quick kiss then he whirled around to face the rest of the group. “OK! Many hands make light work!”  Everyone stopped talking and turned to look at the omega. He clapped his hands together then began pointing at the couch. “Let’s move some of this furniture around to make room for the rest of the guys. Don’t move the coffee table too far away cause we’ll need it for setting our drinks on and such. Rearrange the cushions if it will help make more seating as well. While you’re doing that I’ll get some more blankets so we can all get comfy!” 

Chanyeol shook his head and chuckled as he watched the pregnant man march off down the hallway. 

Yoora walked up to her brother. “VERY scary pregnant omega..” she commented as she also watched down the hallway.

The alpha beamed. “Yep. That’s my organized fiance.. I should go help him with the blankets.” Before his sister could stop him Chanyeol jogged away down the hallway. Yoora smiled as she watched him enter the guest bedroom where his fiance had gone and close the door carefully behind himself. She shook her head knowingly and headed to the kitchen to start preparing the food. 

If the fiances took a little longer than expected getting the spare blankets for all their guests, and had swollen lips and flushed faces when they returned from the bedroom, nobody said anything about it. 

 

❍

 

đŸș - Chapter Forty-seven - 

 

What was originally supposed to be two separate bachelor parties easily morphed into one big bachelor party for the grooms. Their usually tidy apartment was its head for the sake of comfort with such a large group. Blankets and cushions were strewn on the floor for extra seating, and the couch, loveseat, and side chair were arranged to allow everyone to easily see each other while also having a clear view of the large TV screen. The coffee table was pushed a little to the side but still in a usable location as Baekhyun had previously requested.

After Lay had brought everyone over to the fiance's apartment, he spoke to Sehun’s mate, and together they took over a section of the kitchen next to the sink.  Chanyeol explained to his fiance that the two men had worked as bartenders all throughout their college days. Lay and Luhan proved a force to be reckoned with, working together smoothly and mixing all sorts of tasty non-alcoholic drinks while making sure no one ever had an empty glass the entire evening. Baekhyun made them both promise to mix “the real thing” for him as soon as he was cleared to have alcohol after the babies were born.

Junmyeon brought a video he had made of pictures that he had taken of the two fiances starting from when he first met them as a couple. After explaining what it was, he played it on the TV for everyone to view and give commentary on each shot. There was a story behind many of the pictures, and this also brought up other stories and memories of the soon-to-be-wed couple. The chaos was delightful. Baekhyun found himself occasionally blushing at the stories and comments but for the most part he couldn’t help smiling widely and taking pictures of the others with his phone. 

Yoora managed admirably as she played hostess and ringmaster for the circus of friends. Throughout the entire evening her take-no-prisoners attitude worked well to keep the upperhand in the bedlam, and proved to Baekhyun he had made the right choice in letting her have so much on her shoulders for the upcoming wedding.

When Baekhyun noted that all the fruit, chicken salad sandwiches, barbecued ribs, cheese and crackers, and vegetable platters were almost finished off, Kyungsoo announced he was making a phone call. He stepped down the hallway for some privacy but quickly came back into the living room. Half an hour later the bodyguard's husband, Jongin, arrived at the apartment with Youngwoon’s mate, Leeteuk, and both men came in the door loaded down carrying buckets of fried chicken, boneless wings, and another veggie platter. The food was happily accepted and the two extra men were welcomed right into the group. A loud cheer went up after Chanyeol announced that the two “saviors” had to stay and join the fun. Both men agreed and blended easily into the already crowded apartment.

Games, karaoke, stories and conversation had started early and lasted long into the night, spilling over to the next day. Everyone slept late, then took turns taking showers, bickered good-naturedly over lunch choices, and finally fought over who had the best cleaning skills when it came time to straighten up and return the apartment to its usual orderly status. 

Everyone had obviously had a great time and were reluctant to leave. Bit-by-bit they all left, but not before agreeing they should enjoy time together more often. 

 

It took until the early evening before the husbands-to-be were alone in their shared apartment again.

Baekhyun walked out of the kitchen, munching on a muffin left-over from breakfast. He flopped down on the couch, which had finally been pushed back to it’s rightful spot, and opened his phone to look at all the new pictures from the last 24 hours. 

Chanyeol brought two glasses of ice water and set them on coasters on the coffee table, then settled beside the grinning omega and leaned to be able to see what was making his fiance so happy at that moment. Baekhyun obliged by turning his phone. On the screen was a picture of Junmyeon holding a hairbrush like a microphone and standing next to Jongdae who had the TV remote in his hand much the same way. Both men had their mouths open and eyes closed, mid-song in what had been a hilarious rendition of “A Whole New World” from Aladdin. Chanyeol guffawed loudly at the picture. 

Minseok’s professional singer husband had fit into their circle of friends very easily, adapting to the banter and good-natured ribbing that came along with being around Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Jongdae had also proved to be the perfect ally for the pregnant man to convince his usually reluctant cousin to get up and sing karaoke, and Baekhyun made sure to take several pictures to commemorate the rare occurrence. 

Baekhyun giggled even louder as he flipped to the next shot. This time the picture was of Chanyeol holding the hairbrush and his glowing fiance wielding the remote control in the same manner. The adoration was evident on the omega’s face as his tall groom sang lines from the duet “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” by Elton John and Kiki Dee. Chanyeol cooed at the picture and gave Baekhyun a quick peck on the cheek. 

The fiances continued looking at the pictures on the pregnant man’s phone for the next half hour, but eventually the alpha noticed his mate couldn’t stop yawning so he announced it was time for bed. The omega didn’t protest, but simply raised his arms and blinked, silently asking to be carried. Chanyeol chuckled at the cuteness but obliged, picking up the tired little one bridal style and humming softly as he brought them down the hallway to the master bedroom. 

The two quickly changed clothes and climbed under the fluffy covers on the bed. Even with the spacious king-sized mattress, they chose to snuggle close and octopus their limbs together. Eventually Baekhyun’s nose nestled close to his alpha’s chest as their hands laced together and rested protectively on the subtle swell of his stomach. The last thing he felt as he fell asleep was Chanyeol’s lips pressing a gentle kiss to the top of his head.

 

❍

 

đŸș - Chapter Forty-eight - 

 

The rest of the week seemed to go by in slow motion and in a flash all at the same time.

Presents for the happy couple had already begun arriving at the WhiteChord main office. The various sized gifts quickly piled up, filling almost two conference rooms full. 

The pack’s entire group of security members were all brought together for a detailed meeting in the grand ballroom three days before the wedding. The fiances sat to the side of the room along with the groom’s father and sister, listening in as explanations and directions were handed out to every member of the team. Every angle of activities from that point forward was discussed, and even the specifics of the days after the ceremony were addressed. The grooms were also informed that Sehun had asked to be reassigned in his duties and from that point forward would be Baekhyun’s personal bodyguard. The omega was thrilled to learn that his long-time friend would be by his side more often, and this also comforted Chanyeol since he knew the alpha was already fiercely protective of Baekhyun and had his best interest at heart. 

Immediately after the conclusion of the security briefing, several of the team were delegated to helping with the set-up of the large ballroom under the direction of the groom’s sister. Yoora flew around like a bird-of-prey, giving instructions where needed and correcting chair placements that were an inch out of place. Chanyeol quietly remarked to his fiance that in this situation his sister reminded him a little of Tony. The pregnant groom stifled his giggles, hoping his sister-in-law didn’t notice. She did, but got her revenge by ushering her father and the fiances out of the room as soon as the decorators arrived. 

The three men traveled down on the elevator together and laughed while Baekhyun explained his brief mental image of his sister-in-law with large wings and claws snatching chairs to rightly place them in the ballroom.  Mr. Park was still laughing as they parted ways at the parking garage. 

On their way home Chanyeol went thru drive-thru at McDonald’s to appease his pregnant mate’s craving for a burger, french fries and a strawberry shake. By the time he parked the car in the garage at their apartment the little one had happily scarfed down his meal and then fallen asleep. With the activities of the afternoon and evening the pregnant man hadn’t had a chance to take a nap and was obviously worn out. 

The alpha carefully placed the fast-food bag on the sleeping man’s lap then picked up his tired fiance and carried him bridal style all the way up in the elevator, into their apartment, and on into their master bedroom. Baekhyun relaxed even more when laid down in the large bed. Chanyeol tucked him in lovingly then carried the fast-food bag back into the living room to get his laptop and check his emails as he ate his own burger and fries purchased on the way home.

Finishing with the food and computer work about 20 minutes later, the alpha decided to take a shower. He went to the bathroom and stripped, stretching his torso a bit to the left and right as he leaned in to turn on the water. But before he could step under the steady stream a slender pair of hands snuck around his middle, surprising him a little just as the familiar scent of hot chocolate and buttercream started to fill his nostrils. 

Chanyeol turned around to see his omega smiling up at him with a familiar glint in his eye. The alpha silently raised an eyebrow with a challenging smirk. Baekhyun responded by simply stepping back and starting to strip while looking directly at his fiance with an equally challenging smirk. Very soon the air began to thicken from the mixture of the humidity from the falling water and the scents of the two men. 

It was only about an hour later once Chanyeol was cuddling in their bed with his happily sated and thoroughly cleaned mate that the alpha thought he ought to thank the manufacturer of the very efficient pheromone diffusers that were placed in the large master bathroom. If not for those, the neighbors would have certainly been affected by the amount of pheromones the two fiances had produced in such a short amount of time. It was no wonder they were both exhausted. Chanyeol chuckled to himself and placed his hand on the omega’s burgeoning stomach, then drifted off to sleep.

 

The afternoon on the day before the wedding, a rehearsal was held in one of the large conference rooms a few floors down from the actual ballroom. Chairs were carefully placed to show the layout for the ceremony, and the entire wedding party paid close attention to the directions being given by Yoora and Minseok. The atmosphere was light and casual, and everyone joked and smiled as they learned where they were to walk and to stand during the official part of the festivities. The officiant-lawyer gave a brief explanation of what would be happening, but everyone laughed when he said he wouldn’t allow them to actually practice repeating the vows, since that would mean they would already be married by the end of the rehearsal. 

An hour after starting, everyone was satisfied and Baekhyun was hungry. Mr. Park obliged his pregnant son-in-law by announcing it was time to eat and ushered everyone down another floor to where a catered barbeque dinner had been set up as a surprise gift for the entire group.  Baekhyun teared up, blaming the pregnancy hormones, but he still hugged his father-in-law and warmly thanked him for the food.

That night the fiances laid in their bed and talked quietly about what was to come the next day. The wedding venue had been off limits to them the minute Yoora had shooed them out three days ago, so they were obviously curious about how it would finally look after all the planning that had been happening over the last few months. 

They hadn’t even been given a glimpse of the final plan for their wedding cake. They knew the flavors of the cake, but had no idea what design the baker had been instructed to follow. Junmyeon had told them it was perfect, but Baekhyun couldn’t get any other hints from his cousin.

The fiances entertained themselves, giggling over the possibilities of a huge mountain-shaped cake with a figure of Tony on top and a forest-covered venue with leaves on every seat for their guests to take home as souvenirs. But soon the exhaustion of the day began to kick in and their conversation slowly drifted into soft words of affection and gentle kisses. Eventually Chanyeol reached over and turned off the lights. Despite their excitement and anticipation over what would be happening the next day, they easily relaxed and let the twinkling night sky and the comforting feeling of each other’s heartbeats lull them both to sleep. 

 

❍

 

đŸș - Chapter Forty-nine - 

 

Baekhyun felt like he was in a daze. 

One of the smaller conference rooms had been set aside just for him to get ready for the big day. They were on schedule, with Yoora popping in and out about every 20 minutes to check up on everything. 

The stylists had done a wonderful job with his hair, washing, t, and styling it so that it fell gently around his face in a soft effect he knew Chanyeol would love. The makeup artist had applied a small amount of makeup, lining Baekhyun’s eyes and highlighting his lips. After all that was finally done he slipped into his jacket to complete the look. 

His custom-tailored navy blue Tom Ford tuxedo fit him perfectly. The color and design of the slacks and jacket accentuated his gorgeous neck and shapely hips, while the seam lines of the jacket flowed at slight angles to camouflage his little baby bump. He felt very handsome wearing the suit, and had been excited to finally get to put it on. 

Now he was seeing the whole outfit put together. As the various assistants bustled around him, the pregnant omega stood before a large mirror placed in the corner of the room.  And it was a little overwhelming as reality set in. 

Baekhyun had been happily mated for seven months and pregnant for five. But today
 

Today he was getting married.

Junmyeon came over and stood beside his cousin as they both checked out their appearances in the large mirror. “You ok?” the photographer asked, meeting the pregnant man’s eyes in the reflection. 

Baekhyun smiled and took a shaky breath. “Yeah, I think it’s finally setting in that I’m becoming a Park.”

“That’s what you wanted tho, right? To make your own choice and marry the person that you love
” Junmyeon turned his head to look at his cousin directly, then smiled reassuringly. “You look amazing and Chanyeol will be drooling over you the minute he sees you.”

Baekhyun laughed. “Actually I hope he doesn’t drool. It would stain my jacket and I don’t have spare clothes with me. It would be a little disappointing to end up getting married to the man of my dreams wearing a suit jacket I borrowed from a random person.”    

The men’s shared laughter rang out in the room. At that moment a familiar ringtone came from Junmyeon’s phone from across the room. He went over and answered it, speaking briefly, then hung up. “They’re waiting for us at the terrace garden, Hyunnie.”

“Ah, right
 Ok.” Baekhyun checked his reflection in the big mirror one last time then followed his cousin out of the room.  

They headed down the hallway and around to the corner to a large glass wall with wide double doors in the middle. The doors led out onto a wide terrace area that had a pergola-style awning stretching the length of the area and floral bushes along the edges.

A photographer began taking pictures as soon as they came up to the doors. Baekhyun recognised her as one of three photographers from a team that Junmyeon had personally recommended be hired for the occasion. Now, as the woman smiled and stepped aside, Baekhyun’s cousin pushed open one of the thick glass doors. 

Two familiar tall alpha stood over at the far side of the garden. As the sound of another camera shutter joined the first, Baekhyun called for his mate. 

“Hi Handsome..!” 

The sound of his fiance’s voice had the taller groom whirling around, eyes wide and arms reaching out, obviously more than ready to see and embrace the pregnant omega. It had been over 8 hours since they had last seen each other.

Although they slept in the same bed the night before, Baekhyun had slipped out of bed early that morning before the alpha had woken up. The omega had written a sweet letter for his soon-to-be-husband, which he placed in the kitchen on the island where Chanyeol would easily find it. He then left with his cousin to grab breakfast at an omega-only cafe, after which they went to a high-end spa for facials, pedicures and manicures. When all that was done Baekhyun and Junmyeon picked up sandwiches at a deli for a late lunch then made their way to the WhiteChord main building to start getting ready for the wedding. 

Meanwhile, a half-hour after the pregnant man had left the apartment, Lay unceremoniously woke the other groom with a cold washcloth to the neck. The bodyguard had let himself into the apartment, bringing freshly-made beignets and hot coffee, which he used to persuade the indignant groom to forgive his bodyguard friend for waking him so rudely. They were soon enjoying their breakfast as Chanyeol cooed over Baekhyun’s letter. Just as they were finished eating and cleaning up, the masseuse the best man had booked in advance arrived to work on the two men. While Chanyeol was being massaged, Lay took pictures and they chatted about the plans for the day and who all was coming to the wedding. When the groom’s massage was finally done, he headed off to take a shower. Meanwhile, Lay sat for a chair massage and once finished arranged the payment for the masseuse and then let the man out the door. As soon as Chanyeol was dressed the two men left for the WhiteChord main building, swinging by a florist to pick up a bouquet of white gardenia, and then to a drive-thru to get chicken strips and fries for lunch along the way. 

With all the activity of the day so far it was understandable why the usually clingy grooms were anxious to see each other. And neither was disappointed with what they saw. Chanyeol was speechless as he gazed, mesmerized by his gorgeous mate. Baekhyun blushed but realized that despite his joking earlier, he was the one having a hard time not drooling at his tall groom. The perfectly tailored black Tom Ford tuxedo showed off the alpha’s broad shoulders and deliciously long legs. And the navy blue pocket square exactly matched the omega’s own ensemble. 

The photographers stood back, using zoom lenses to get close-up shots of the expressions on both of the groom's faces as they saw each other for the first time in their wedding attire. As the two silently swooned over each other, the sound of camera shutters were the only thing heard for a few seconds. Junmyeon and Lay stood to the side, beaming at each other as they admired how amazing everyone looked.

“Wow
Baby, you always look good to me, and today you look absolutely beautiful. I love you so much. Will you marry me?”

The camera’s caught everyone’s surprised expressions as they all looked at the alpha. 

Junmyeon was the first to speak. “YIXING?!?”   

 

❍

 

đŸș - Chapter Fifty - 

 

“What the hell dude! You told me you wanted to pop the question but I thought you’d at least wait until you were alone with him...” Chanyeol looked at his best man with an incredulous look on his face as he grinned.

Baekhyun had turned towards his cousin at first but he whipped his face around to look at his fiance and butted in. “You knew he was going to do this?”

The taller groom grinned wider. “Yeah he’s been wanting to for a while and this morning while we were getting massages he mentioned it again so I gave him the green light to do it today.”

His mate pouted briefly, “You got massages? No fair! I mean, our facials and mani-pedis were really nice and all, but a massage would have been heavenly!” 

“Yes, but it’s not a good idea since you’re pregnant, baby. If they hit the wrong spot it could cause you to go into premature labor. I’ll make sure you get all the massages you want after our pups are born.”

Baekhyun perked up, smiling. “That would be lovely-”

“EXCUSE ME!” Junmyeon’s outburst made them all jump a little. “I just got proposed to and you’re here talking about MASSAGES??” 

Baekhyun looked apprehensive for a moment and leaned into his mate’s arms, but then smiled. He could tell his cousin wasn’t mad, just somewhat in shock. Baekhyun made the sign of zipping his lips shut and smiled encouragingly at the flustered omega. Chanyeol stood behind his fiance and wrapped his arms around him a little more securely as he leaned his chin on top of the smaller groom, both of them grinning and watching the scene. 

Lay walked up to his boyfriend and knelt down, pulling a small velvet box out of his pocket. Junmyeon’s eyes were already wide, but now his jaw dropped even more in shock. The tall bodyguard chuckled affectionately. “My sweet stubborn Junnie
” He took one of his boyfriend’s hands and ran his thumb soothingly over the omega’s knuckles as he continued. “When I first started courting you, you called me an idiot. You made me work so hard for your love. But you finally made up your mind that I was worthy of being YOUR idiot.. And you have overwhelmed me with your love everyday ever since. Will you make me your idiot forever in front of our friends and family and whoever else you deem worthy? Will you marry me?”

The sunlight glinted off the few tears rolling down the omega’s face as he gave a wet chuckle and broke into a beautiful smile. He reached down with his free hand to cup the tall bodyguard’s face and looked him straight in the eye. “Forever. Yes.” Junmyeon said, then leaned in and thoroughly kissed the now-grinning bodyguard. 

Baekhyun squealed happily and rocked back and forth in his groom’s arms. Chanyeol chuckled as the pregnant man suddenly broke away from the embrace and bounced over with a big grin to the newly engaged couple. The tall groom quickly followed, offering his congratulations as well. The whole time the cameras clicked away, capturing the sweet scene between the four friends. 

Then, while Lay escorted his new fiance back to the conference room to get his make-up fixed, Baekhyun and Chanyeol stayed on the terrace and posed for pictures together. As the camera shutters once again clicked away, the grooms exchanged boutonnieres made from sprays of light blue flowers with single leaves and ivory ribboning. Once the flowers were pinned properly on their jacket lapels, the cameras captured them looking lovingly into each other’s eyes. 

 

An hour later, on the top floor of the building, the two grooms walked down fern-lined aisles from opposite sides to meet in the middle of the ballroom and lovingly link arms. They then walked the rest of the T-shaped aisle together to the delicate cloth-covered arch at the front of the room where Junmyeon and Lay were waiting for them. As the photography team slipped in and around the guests, silently catching the perfect angle for each shot, Chanyeol and Baekhyun came to a stop in front of Minseok, who was dressed in his best suit and smiling broadly from ear to ear. 

The lawyer’s happiness for the couple was reflected in all of the faces of those seated around them, witnessing the beautiful ceremony. Yoora and Mr. Park sat together next to the only empty seat in the room. The bouquet of gardenia Chanyeol had purchased earlier in the day lay carefully in the chair, secured by a light blue ribbon and an ivory frame surrounding a picture of Chanyeol’s mother. 

An older couple was seated in the far corner of the room. Baekhyun had compromised in regards to his parents. Mr. and Mrs. Byun were allowed to witness the ceremony but were not permitted to stay for the reception or any pictures. During the planning, the omega had stated he didn’t want any stress on this special day, and Chanyeol thoroughly agreed with him.

As the grooms said their vows, exchanging words of love and devotion, the rays of the setting sun filled the room, surrounding Baekhyun and Chanyeol in an ethereal glow. After Minseok pronounced them officially wed, the two sealed their promises with a kiss that started out innocent, but then Chanyeol used his height to bend his new husband backwards in an impromptu dip. As the guests cooed over the sweet gesture, Baekhyun broke the kiss with his laughter, still leaning back. One of the photographers timed the shot perfectly, catching the omega with his head thrown back, his face beaming with effervescent laughter while his husband grinned widely, bent over him with long arms wrapped securely around the pregnant middle and holding their torsos together, surrounding their unborn babies with love and laughter. 

Several pictures being taken by the photographers during the ceremony and reception were live-edited by an expert team of professionals. During the reception these pictures were revealed on a large screen directly opposite from the groom’s table. Frame by frame the guests were treated to a visual representation of the love that was being celebrated for the evening. 

As the sun finished setting and the city lights began illuminating the night sky, the newlyweds took their first dance as a married couple. With the soft lighting shining up from around the edges of the dance floor and carefully placed twinkling lights above them they exchanged a sweet kiss, then Baekhyun placed his head on his husband’s broad shoulder. They continued to sway together in time to the music as the photographers and guests surrounding them all seemed to drift away. 

Chanyeol leaned down to murmur in Baekhyun’s ear. “I’m so thankful you decided to run that day.”

The pregnant man leaned back just enough to give his husband a soft smile. “Me too. It was unexpected for both of us, but I’m so happy that I ran to you.” 

 

❍🌿❍