in your eyes

Unexpected

It was a rather rainy day, even though it was summer, the clouds decided it was time to let out it’s tears, she exhaled smoke coming out of , as if she’s a dragon. Yeji thought it was a good time to take a walk, specifically she wants to take pictures, pictures of anything her artistic self sees she is a photographer after all, she was supposed to be staying inside like other people but she was suddenly inspired by the unexpected weather, she then decided to go out. And here she is walking around with an umbrella with her precious camera dangling from her neck.

Yeji wasn’t a known photographer, and she was fine with that, people would sometimes ask her why she took photography when she could be a model instead, she thought about it, sure she would get money and all that what not, but no because that’s not her dream, ever since she was a kid her dad would always take her anywhere even in the nearest park or a lake, he would always have a camera with him, and he would let yeji choose be it a polaroid, dslr , a film camera it didn’t matter cause he would take the best shots, despite being a business man it was his hobby, and he loved it especially with Yeji.

While walking, she thought about the rainy days before when she was a kid, all those happy moments, sad moments. Everything basically, especially the moment when her dad was laying down on the hospital bed, looking at her smiling as Yeji took his hand.

19 year old Yeji never thought the day would come, she thought it was just a phase, but cancer can never be a phase especially at stage 4, she never knew about it. Knowing her father He never wanted to let her know.

“Yeji-ah don’t forget to carry my photos with you, don’t forget to chase your dreams, i’m sorry if i won’t be able to bring you anywhere anymore and i’m sorry if i still haven’t kept my promise” kissing her hand softly as he continues smiling at his only daughter.

Yeji shook her head crying, “please don’t go, don’t leave me dad” she gripped his hand gently, seeing him smile, “aigoo don’t cry, you’ll look ugly my princess” he laughed teasingly.

Yeji hugged her father, burrying her face in his chest, “don’t joke at a time like this dad” muffling her voice.

“Why not?” Her dad cracked a smile, gently caressing his daughter hair, looking down at her.

 

“w-what if this is the last time I’ll ever hear your voice” her voice trembling, as her shoulders shake as she cries.

 

Mr. Hwang was speechless, he knows maybe in a few months, days or even hours he’ll pass away, and he wouldn’t be able to hug his sweet daughter anymore, and she’ll  be lonely in this cruel world, letting out a sigh he hugged her closely, caressing her hair.

 

“Don’t worry princess, I’ll always be here with you no matter what” closing his eyes.

 

That was the last time she hugged her father, the last time she took pictures with him, and the last time she heard his voice.

 

 

“I miss you dad”, Walking as she recalls the memories, looking at the falling raindrops as she stops at a crossing, waiting for the walking signal to light up. She took her camera and took one shot as people crossed the road. Smiling as she looks at the shot it was beautiful as always, crossing the road she continued her journey letting her feet where it wants to take her.

 

She was now at a more peaceful place, lots of trees, she hasn’t encountered this place  since its far from her penthouse but it sure is nice to wonder around and stubble new places, she looked to her side and sees a sign “----park”. She walked around as nature greets her, not forgetting to take pictures. There wasn’t actually that much people due to the weather, she only saw 3 people as she was taking some shots. Feeling out of breathe she decided to sit down, luckily there was a bench up ahead a person sitting, all bundled up in a hoodie. The view was clearly beautiful and as always she stopped and took a shot. As she got closer Yeji noticed “are they crying?”.

 

 Sitting down she glanced at the person, it was a girl Yeji knew since the person was smaller than her and she’s wearing a mask? And a cap, even though the person was all bundled up she was very drenched. The person must’ve not noticed Yeji since she was still crying looking down on her lap. Yeji awkwardly was just there thinking what she should do, and so she scooted closer to the person and shared her umbrella.  

 

Jisu suddenly wondered why she couldn’t feel the raindrops on her anymore, wiping her tears as she looked up and see a umbrella, looking to her side she sees a stranger with cat like eyes, and a camera?, she widened her eyes thinking the person knows her and is maybe a paparazzi “can’t I just be a normal person this once please”, when Jisu was about to stand up, Yeji gently grabbed her hand “I’m sorry but you should stay for a while it’s still raining, and don’t worry I’m a good person” Jisu was puzzled but she listened to the stranger and sit back down “maybe she doesn’t know me?”. Jisu mentally shook her head and just looked down on her lap.

 

“So I know I’m just a stranger and I’m sorry for being nosy but why were you out here crying?” Jisu looked at the person and those eyes are the most magical eyes she’s ever seen. Yeji felt her face burn as the stranger was just staring at her, looking at her now the stranger is kind of familiar but she just brushed it off. “uhm is something on my face?” Jisu realized she was just staring she looked back down on her lap feeling embarrassed.

 

“uh no uhhm” trying to make her voice unrecognizable, thanking herself for wearing a mask. Yeji was waiting for the girl to speak up as maybe she must be sick. “it’s also ok if you don’t want to tell me though, I’m sorry for being so nosy” Yeji regretting she ever asked, but surprisingly the girl looked at her “no it’s ok, it’s just- life you know” she said the mask muffling her voice, but Yeji hears her clearly.

 

Yeji taken aback but she nods at the person looking forward, thinking of what to say next, “life is hard but you shouldn’t put yourself out here, you might get sick you know?” mentally hitting herself at what she said “STFU”.

 

Jisu looked at the tall girl despite the cold she felt a bit warm, at what she said for some reason, but still keeping her guard up. “I just wanted to be alone since I can never have time for myself”. “ah” Yeji nodding head slowly as they’re both engulfed by a comfortable yet awkward silence. “so uhm-“ “there’s a cafe-“ both saying at the same time, it became silent until Jisu let out a light laugh. Yeji, looked at her for a moment and smiled glad to hear the girl laugh. Jisu stopped clearing “I just wanted to say there’s a café, a block from here and if u would uhm…like to grab a cup with me” shyly saying the last part. “ah-….sure” giving Jisu a smile. They both stood up, noticing their height difference “shes really…small” Yeji thought as on the other side Jisu thought the opposite “very tall for a girl”.

 

As they were walking to the shop, another comfortable silence coats them as only raindrops can be heard. “My name is Yeji by the way, what’s yours?” as she glanced at the girl beside her. Jisu kept her eyes ahead, thinking if she should tell her name. Yeji waited for the girl to speak up. “My name is uh…Li- I meant Jisu” almost mixing up her stage name with her actual name, she mentally sighs in relief.

 

“Nice name” Yeji trying to make the girl comfortable, “thanks yours too” smiling under her mask.

 

As the two reached the cafe shop, it only had a few people making Jius sigh in relief but still keeping her guard up, scanning the place slowly, and thankfully to the two it was very warm. The two took a seat close to the counter. “So what do you want to order” Yeji asked standing up to order. “I’d like iced coffee pls” looking down a bit, pulling down her hoodie. Yeji was confused why the girl is acting strange, “are you ok? Are you cold?” a worry in her tone. Jisu then looked at her “no no im ok” shaking her head giving the Yeji a smile, well an eye smile. Yeji knew something was wrong but she nodded her head and went to the counter and ordered. “I’ll take 2 iced Americanos and 1 chocolate and strawberry cake please” she took out her wallet and took her card and handed it over to the cashier, weirdly the cashier was glancing at someone and it was Jisu, clearing getting the cashiers attention, “ah sorry” the cashier bowed her head apologetically. The cashier swiped the card and handed it back. Yeji was bothered since the cashier still keeps looking at Jisu, “is there something wrong? You keep glancing at my friend.” The cashier shook his head “I’m sorry again, it’s just she looks very familiar”.

 

“Well she lives near here and maybe she’s been here before, but anyways please stop staring at her” Yeji didn’t know where the girl live as long as the dude stops what he’s doing, he nodded his head and bowed once again apologizing. Yeji returned to their table. “sorry for the long wait, the cashier was being weird” Jisu knew why the cashier was acting like that, well she is a known celebrity after all, the tall girl probably hasn’t known it yet. “it’s ok” silence once again coating them. “so-…why were you at the park?...i mean it’s raining” Jisu managed to asked. Yeji smiled “well…as you can see I have a camera, the weather just inspired me to go out and take photos, I am after all a photographer” Jisu nodded her head knowing, Yeji isn’t a paparazzi. “what about you?...i mean-“ Yeji forgot the girl already told her why. “My boyfriend broke up with me” Jisu blurt out, timingly the cashier called Yejis name. “let me just get our orders real quick” earning a nod from the small girl.

 

Yeji got their orders and head back putting down everything on the table, sitting back down. “I uh- I’m sorry to hear that…” Yeji looking at the girl, “it’s ok I guess he has had enough of me, I wasn’t always there for him, life making me busy and all of that” Jisu assured the girl in front of her. Yeji took a sip of her coffee “well, I think you’re worth the wait” mentally hitting herself for blurting out, looking away a hint of red on her cheeks. Jisu was amused at what Yeji said letting out a giggle.

 

Yeji smiled as she was able to make the small girl laugh, seeing her eyes form into the most beautiful crescents. “Thank you for saying that Yeji-shi” smiling. “Well none deserves to feel that” smiling back at her. The two then fell into silence again enjoying each other presence. Jisu looked at her coffee and realized, “how am I going to drink this” nervous on what to do. Yeji picked up something was wrong and looking at the girls’ coffee it was still full.

 

“Are you ok?, did I order the wrong drink?” Jisu was feeling bad for the girl for getting worried, “no no this is the right one-….it’s just that I can’t take off my mask”, Yeji felt relieved but at the same time curious, “the mask?, I guess she really just takes her privacy seriously”, And so Yeji closed her eyes and covered her face “you can drink it now” Yeji looked at the girl feeling confused “What?” Yeji smiled a bit, removing her hand but is still closing her eyes “I said you can drink now, im closing my eyes”. Jisu didn’t know what to say but she looked around and saw everyone was minding their business and so she moved down her mask and took a sip from her coffee, quickly putting it on.

“You can open your eyes now” following what Jisu said she opened her eyes, looking at the girls’ coffee “wow she drank quiet a lot, she must’ve been thirsty”. Taking a sip from hers, “I’m sorry if I can’t show my face” Jisu looked down on her lap feeling kind of bad, well she has no choice after all since, if someone recognizes her there will be no doubt she’d be swarmed by people in just a second. Yeji shook her head “It’s ok, I understand we just met after all” smiling as her eyes disappeared. Jisu must say that this person is clearly the most understanding person she has met in a while, but she’s still having doubts.

 

An hour passed by and the two continued to talk, well it’s mostly Yeji talking but it was fine since it brightens up the mood and Jisu was also slowly opening up too, moments later Yeji looked outside seeing the rain have already stopped, “look the rain stopped” Jisu looked outside and timingly her phone rang, looking at her phone it was Chaeryoung her cousin, she then looked at Yeji and as if she read her mind Yeji just nodded at her, Jisu excused herself and picked up the call and as she predicted, “CHOI JISU WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?” Jisu was about to say something but the girl from the other line was still nagging. Jisu knew why Chaeryoung was this mad and worried, after all she never ran away before and the girl was basically her guardian despite being older, she just listened to the younger girl until she calmed down.

 “I’m sorry Chaeryoung-ah,  I was about to go home but it started raining” Jisu tried to lie so she could get away with it but the other girl knew better, “you know you’re such a bad liar unnie” sighing “I know….i’ll go home in a minute, there’s something I have to do first”

“fine you better be safe there”

“I know plus I’m not alone” Jisu hang up before the younger could even ask who was with her.

Jisu went back to Yeji, “Hey” she greets Jisu with a smile, and somehow Jisu always gets mesmerized by those cat eyes as if she wants to see more into it, she snapped out from her thoughts, Yeji waiting for the girl to say something she then stood up in front of her “You must want to go now right?....It’s ok…but uhm can you wait for a moment?” Jisu couldn’t even say a word as she was confused on how the girl could read her well. Yeji went to the counter “can I get a paper and a pen?” The employee looked at her and just nodded taking the things and giving it to her. Going back she smiled at Jisu again bending down to write on the table, “Here” Yeji reached to give the paper, Jisu took it and looked at it “number?” Yeji nodded “I assume you wouldn’t give me yours if I asked so I’ll give you mine instead, I really enjoyed hanging out even though we just met, so just text me if you ever need someone, so you wouldn’t feel alone by yourself in the rain again” she smiled at the small girl, while Jisu was stunned to say anything but seeing those eyes smile, her own eyes turned to crescents and Yeji was still mesmerized, and so the two walked outside and said their goodbyes. Not until, “Jisu-shi, I forgot to say, I really love your voice and songs, I hope you continue to live out your dream, don’t ever let anyone stop you from doing so”, and with that Yeji smiled and walked away. And again Jisu was speechless, surprised on how the girl actually knew her, looking down at the paper she smile as she walks home.

 

weeks passed by and Jisu told Chaeyoung about Yeji since the girl couldn’t stop asking her who she keeps talking on the phone with and also because  Chaeryoung stole Jisu’s phone when they were face timing turns and out Chaeryoung knew who the girl was since they went to college together. “Yeji unnie?!” Yeji was also shocked to see her ex roommate on the call, finally finding the words, “Chaeryoung-ah?!....wait why- what-“ Yeji’s mind was now blank confused on what’s going on. Chaeryoung then explained that Jisu and her are cousins and Chaeryoung also explained to Jisu how Yeji was her college roommate. What a small world, and it continues to go smaller since Yeji’s bestfriend Ryujin knows Choi Yuna AKA Ryujins girlfriend and is also Choi Jisus sister.

 

Months passed by the 2 then started having feelings for each other but they’re just so blind to see it making their friends frustrated, the 3 then made a plan to get them together, planning a night picnic at Yeji’s family cottage which was just 1 hour away from the city, “so you and Jisu will go together while I’ll go with these two idiots” Chaeryoung explained in the group chat, the couple was about to argue with Chaeryoung for calling them idiots but Jisu replied “sure that would be ok right Yeji-ah?” and Yeji replied “yea sure” The 3 were stunned but happy since they took the bait.

 

“Where are they?” Jisu paced back and forth worried something must’ve happened with the three. Yeji was trying to calm her down making her sure they’re alright, trying to contact them for 30 minutes no one was answering, until Yejis phone dinged signaling someone chatted her.

 

“so like we can’t go since Chaeryoung unnies car is busted…well I hope you guys are enjoying some alone time there ;))” unable to say words Yeji never wanted to scream so bad, she knew Ryujin was lying well who would believe a winky face, “they set us up” Jisu said sitting down on the picnic mat. Confused Yeji sat down as well, “What do you mean?” looking at Jisu, “she looks troubled is everything ok?” Jisu took a deep breath and looked at the cat eyed girl, “Yeji….I like you”, Yeji couldn’t say anything and was just speechless, “ah…im so stupid” Jisu laughed pretending to smile, “I’m kidding” she playfully punched Yeji’s arm, she then stood up but was pulled down by Yeji their faces only an inch from each other, eyes locked Yeji could see the galaxies in her eyes, Jisu gulped only their breathing could be heard until Yejis soft lips touched hers, it was magical just how the 2 would imagine it to be, they kept for a few minutes until Jisu pulled the 2 running out of breathe, the foreheads against each other, smiling. “I like you too Jisu….will you be my girlfriend?”, Jisu looked at her, her eyes turning crescents, “yes I’ll be your girlfriend” the 2 then shared another kiss.

 

The 3 friends were happy to receive the news, their plan worked so well teasing how they were to blind and oblivious to see each, others feelings “HAH! YOU GUYS WERE SO BLIND, HAGS” Ryujin hollered while Yuna laughed, “ye ye we get it Ryu..…come here you midget” Yeji ran towards her bestfriend, Ryujins screams could be heard trying to run away from the Giant. The others laughing at the bestfriends antics, “Yah you guys should stop”, Hearing Jisu’s voice Yeji then stopped chasing the girl, but glaring. “yah stop glaring at me crazy cat woman” Ryujin complained, “well I’ll claw you out when I get my hands on you, rat” Yeji snarled back. Jisu shook her head, the other 2 still laughing.

 

The couple was frustrated, well since Jisu was having her comeback and Yeji was also busy with her job as a model photographer the two haven’t been able to see each other too since, they need to becareful as to DISPATCH is always stalking at Jisu, they do call but only for a few minutes as to some people cutting them off, closing the door it was already 3 am in the morning today’s schedule were hectic as always and Jisu was really drained, her eyes droopy she then washed up first before going to her bed plopping down, “ARGH” Jisu screamed she hurriedly got out of bed, “who are you-“ she uncovered the person and sees her girlfriend sleeping with a not so comfortable face.

Jisu sighs in relief, looking at her girlfriend, Yeji slowly wakes up seeing her angel right in front of her, she smiles and opened her arms, “Welcome back Jisu-yah”, seeing those eyes twinkle Jisu hugged her girlfriend, “when did you get here?” her voice muffled as she buried her head on Yeji’s neck. Yeji shivered at the girls breathe on her neck but she answers anyways “since 11, wouldn’t wanna get caught entering the one and only Choi Lias home by those camera heads” a hint of annoyance in her voice. Jisu nodded her head, slowly consumed by the tiredness, Yeji was waiting for a response but hearing the girls tiny snores, she followed the girl and went to dreamland.

 

“CHOI LIA DATING SOOBIN?!” “CHOI LIA FINALLY IN TIES WITH SOMEONE?!” “CHOI LIA AND SOOBIN SPOTTED ON A COFFEE DATE” “SOOBIN BEING A GENTLEMAN AND WIPES CHOI LIAS LIPS”, Jisu turns off the TV as she sits down on the couch, arms then wrapped around her “hey it’s gonna be ok” Yeji tried to comfort her girlfriend, it wasn’t rare for Jisu to have scandals it always happen and Jisu was annoyed with it, Yeji on the other hand was calm since she knows it’s just rumors and all of those people paired up with Jisu are actually gay. “But this is getting out of hand like, aughh” frustratingly letting out her annoyance, she sighed looking at Yeji “you aren’t mad right?”, Yeji shaked her head smiling “nope, cause no matter what those people say, you’re always and will always come back here in my arms” Jisu was blushing mad covering her face. “You’re such a cheeseball” Yeji hugged the girl closer, “but you love this cheese ball” kissing the side of her head.

 

Cameras where flashing everywhere, and reporters and journalists were packed up raising their hands to get her attention, from the outside fans could be seen swarming and waiting for their idol to finish this event, Jisu pointed at a random reporter “CHOI LIA IS IT TRUE THAT YOU’RE DATING SOOBIN?” and as surprising as it is Jisu set up a public conference because well, “No because I’m dating someone else” everyone in the room was shocked to hear what their idol said the fans reacting the same, questions flinging everywhere as to who is she dating, she signaled her manager to make everyone calm down, “She is no a celebrity and she is most definitely not a man and her name is Hwang Yeji and I love her very much…so please don’t spread any rumors connected to me what so ever….That’s all I have to say thank you” Jisu bowed down and left going outside her fans swarmed her surprisingly with full support like before, she smiled at them “I LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU” she says as her manager closes the car door.

 

Yeji was watching and she couldn’t believe what she saw, her girlfriend just told the whole world about them, tears was starting to fall, she didn’t know what to feel happy? Worry? Regret? She doesn’t know but one thing she does know is that Jisu will be coming home and she can’t wait to hug and kiss her again.

 

“Im- oof home” Jisu was surprised with a hug attack from her girlfriend, “You, I love you so much” Jisu smiled, “so you saw” Yeji then looked at her “Ofcourse I did you dumdum and I just love you so much, but I’m worried what if this will damage your career, what if you’re gonna get hate or get kicked out of the entertain-“ Jisu pecked her lips “don’t worry about it the CEO talked to me about it and turns out, they still want me ofcourse, and my people, my fans, after what I did surprisingly they still support me and for the haters, I don’t care.” Yeji looked into those eyes, she pulled Jisu again, hugging in silence in front of the apartment door.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“Are you ok Hun?....baby?..” Yeji snapped out of her thoughts and smiles at the woman beside her “Yea just reminiscing the memories from the past” kissing the woman’s forehead “You’re such a sweetball you know? The woman moved herself on top of Yeji, looking down as if she’s on the moon, looking at the world, well Yeji is her world after all. Yeji chuckled at the woman, looking at those eyes it still feels like the first time she’s seen them, she then reached on to her arms gently pulling her down, their faces getting closer “I love you Choi Jisu”, Jisu pulled back a pout on her face, Yeji laughed teasing the older girl she then pulled Jisu again, pecking her lips, “I love you Hwang Jisu”, a tint of blush could be seen on her cheeks “I love you too Hwang Yeji” the two sharing a kiss.

 

END