This is not my life

The other side of the Mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Bora..." Siyeon was about to cry. She would if Bora kept looking at her like that. "Honey, I swear I won't do it again. I'll be a good wife to you, I promise, but please... forgive me".

 

 

 

"You what?" Bora stood up quickly, walking away as if Siyeon was a rabid animal. "Did you hit your head or are you still drunk?"

 

 

 

What does she mean with that?

 

 

 

Siyeon opened her eyes wide. Her heart began to race and the urge to cry built up in , forming a lump. What did that attitude mean? Did Bora really decided to break up with her?

 

 

 

Please, don't... Don't be so cruel...

 

 

 

"Why do you look at me like that?" Bora looked her up and down, seeming even more nervous.

 

 

 

"You really aren't going to forgive me?" asked Siyeon, fearful. Maybe it was the change in her hair that made her look more intimidating, but she felt so small in front of Bora now.

 

 

 

"Forgive what?" Bora folded her arms, blinking a couple of times. "If you come home drunk or whatever, it's none of my business. Just try not to scare me like that, I thought you died or something".

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, I..." she started to get up, leaning against the wall. "I should have woken you up when I came in so you wouldn't worry, but I didn't want to because you looked tired... I don't know how long you waited for me and I feel so bad about what I did..."

 

 

 

"What? What are you talking about? I didn't wait for you. Like I said, it's none of my business".

 

 

 

That definitely made a crack in her heart.

 

 

 

"What kind of drugs did you take, huh?" Bora sighed. "Whatever. I don't have time for your bull, I already have to go to the gym. Because of you, I'll be late. I hope I don't get fired because I'm going to kill you".

 

 

 

Gym? Since when did she...?

 

 

 

"Wait!" shouted Siyeon to make the older girl stop, holding her head with one hand. The pain was becoming unbearable, but she couldn't leave things like this.

 

 

 

"What do you want now?"

 

 

 

Bora had never spoken to her with that tone before, not even when she was angry because she was usually understanding. In front of her was Bora, but the way she looked at her, so cold, so disinterested, like she no longer cared about her at all... This was not the Bora she knew, she was not her wife, seemed like someone else using her body. Maybe she was acting? Not for nothing was Kim Bora one of the best actresses in the country.

 

 

 

Maybe she wasn't that angry and was just trying to teach her a lesson. However, that was too cruel. Was this her punishment for her behavior yesterday?

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry".

 

 

 

"Hey, I don't know what's wrong with you, but it's creepy, so stop it, okay? I have to go. Don't destroy the apartment".

 

 

 

"Apartment?"

 

 

 

Bora looked at her with a bored expression before rolling her eyes and turning away, leaving her alone.

 

 

 

She could not believe it. Bora refused her apologies and treated her like she was a complete nuisance. Finally Bora had enough of her, of her foolish jealousy, of her insecurity. Maybe she deserved this, but she felt it was too much.

 

 

 

Siyeon lowered her head, feeling miserable. And she noticed something else out of place as she looked down. These were not the clothes she was wearing yesterday. In fact, these clothes weren't even hers.

 

 

 

None of this made any sense.

 

 

 

She rushed out of the bathroom to beg Bora one more time to forgive her, but she froze at the sight.

 

 

 

This was not their house.

 

 

 

I'm probably dreaming... It's a nightmare.

 

 

 

She walked slowly down the narrow hallway until she reached the living room, to her left a turquoise couch in front of a 21-inch TV, and to her right the kitchen. A rather cramped space, but somehow it looked cozy.

 

 

 

The throbbing pain increased, she was hyperventilating. She felt the older woman approach and barely had time to look at her before the door slammed shut. Realizing that Bora had left her alone, she dropped down and began to cry, hugging her knees.

 

 

 

This was her. This is what she became when Bora was away. She needed someone to keep her grounded, someone who would be with her despite her flaws, someone who could understand her. Bora was that someone, and stupidly she made her stay away.

 

 

 

Pathetic. Pathetic. Pathetic.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

༄༄༄ ~2~ ༄༄༄

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her jaw almost dropped to the floor.

 

 

 

It was a fact that they were in a luxurious place, but she hadn't expected all this when she came out of the bathroom. She knew nothing about jewelry and gemstones, but everything looked real and expensive; the vases, the paintings on the white walls, she could even swear the chandeliers on the ceiling had diamonds in them. It was clearly not a mansion, but it was still impressive. There was so much brightness that her eyes ached. And why not? So did her wallet.

 

 

 

Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets as she noticed one painting in particular. A portrait of blonde Bora next to a girl identical to Siyeon, but with long black hair; the painting showed them in the middle of a field of flowers, embraced, quite romantically.

 

 

 

Siyeon snorted, incredulous. "This must be a joke".

 

 

 

She kept walking, looking the place. Every object around her was expensive, and there wasn't a speck of dust. She laughed, thinking that this spotless and clean environment would please Bora.

 

 

 

Wait a minute...

 

 

 

Bora.

 

 

 

She began to look for the older woman, guided by the sound of her voice. She arrived at what appeared to be the living room of the property; black couches, a small table in the middle of them, and a huge TV that covered almost the entire wall. Blonde Bora was to her left, sitting on a stool, her elbows resting on the kitchen counter as she talked on the phone.

 

 

 

"Aish... yeah, you might be right. I should do that" she was saying, massaging her forehead with her left hand as she held the phone with the other one. "What time are you coming?"

 

 

 

Siyeon didn't want to interrupt her, but she need an explanation. She approached her with a fake cough to get her attention. Bora turned and looked at her, quickly saying goodbye to the person she was talking to. Subsequently, she set the phone down on the counter.

 

 

 

Awkwardness flowed in the air.

 

 

 

"So..."

 

 

 

"I think we need to talk".

 

 

 

The older woman nodded, motioning with her hand for the other to come closer. Siyeon took a seat next to her, feeling strangely self-conscious. She still wasn't used to Bora's blonde hair, nor the softness of her gaze.

 

 

 

"Do you want to start, or should I?" asked Bora, the delicate, understanding tone in her voice, something entirely new to her.

 

 

 

She blinked.

 

 

 

"Well... I want to know a couple of things. First, where are we and how did I get here?" she began to speak, earning a frown from Bora. "Why am I dressed like this? What the hell is that portrait in the hallway? And lastly, are you really Bora or does she have a twin sister and I didn't know?" she laughed. "It's just with that blonde hair you look like someone else".

 

 

 

Bora's frown deepened. "Can you tell me what you remember from yesterday?"

 

 

 

Siyeon took a few seconds to rummage through her memory. "Yesterday was my birthday, so I went to Yoohyeon's house after work. I drank too much, I think I got into a taxi... I can't remember what happened next".

 

 

 

The older girl looked at her as if she had grown another head. Then, she sighed, picking up her phone.

 

 

 

"Well, I agree that you drank too much, but Yoohyeon and Minji were here most of last night, and they were just as worried as I was that you didn't come like we planned. So, that's not what happened. And besides..."

 

 

 

Bora turned the cell phone around, placing the screen in front of her, an article from a website, the heading read "Trouble in paradise?" and below that a couple of pictures.

 

 

 

What the hell...?

 

 

 

Now it was Siyeon's turn to frown, which reminded her that she still had a headache. Certainly, the pictures showed a girl who looked a lot like her standing next to another girl at the entrance of a club. Actually, the first girl was the same as the one in the portrait she saw a moment ago; completely identical to Siyeon. Their hair made a difference, but they would be two peas in a pod if Siyeon went back to her natural hair.

 

 

 

What if it's me who has a twin?

 

 

 

And she was also wearing the clothes Siyeon had on right now. She could almost hear the circuits in her head burning.

 

 

 

"That's not me" Siyeon affirmed. She could tell Bora wanted to strangle her by the way she was looking at her. "Listen, I don't understand what's going on here, but... Could you just answer my questions instead of creating new ones?"

 

 

 

Bora let out a frustrated snort, putting the phone aside and getting up. Siyeon watched her as she started pacing like a caged lion in the middle of the room.

 

 

 

"What do you want me to say? We're obviously in our home. When I woke up, I found you lying in the bathroom, you had to have arrived after midnight. You're wearing the exact same clothes you went out in yesterday" she paused to look at Siyeon. "And of course it's me! Who else could I be? I'm the same woman you married, although you seem to forget that sometimes. And I don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter