Chapter 1

Horizon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She escaped as fast as she could from the two police detectives behind who were trying to catch her until she stopped on the edge of an old bridge above a big river. She’s out of breath and couldn’t run any longer. She then stared at the swift flowing water right below her. She thought maybe it was better to just kill herself than languish in prison for the rest of her life. She then took a deep breath and said goodbye to the world before jumping into the river.

 

***

 

She’s awakened all of a sudden and found herself lying down on a cramped bed in a dilapidated tiny room.  She doesn’t know where she is and how she could be there. But she feels a great pain attack her head and her whole body especially around her stomach area. She then sitting up slowly and took a rusty scissor that she saw on the square table beside the bed when she heard someone is coming closer and speaking with a melodious husky voice.

 

“Omona! Thanks, God, you woke up already. How do you feel?” the other person in the room sounds so relieved to see her has regained consciousness.

 

“Who are you? Where am I? How come I’m here?” she’s threateningly pointing the small weapon in her hand as she coldly asked the unknown young woman who looks so pretty even though the latter wears some worn out clothes. It’s startling and scaring the lady.

 

“I-I’m Hwang Miyoung... T-This is my place… I-I found you, unconscious and injured in the riverbank this morning…” the woman stuttered as she seems a bit nervous.

 

She was about to get back on her feet when the ache in her stomach struck again. The incredible pain made her fall down on her knees and dropped the scissor to the ground. “Oh my goodness, are you okay…? You should stay still on the bed…” the stranger woman sounds worried and helped her to get up instead. She then quietly observed the person who’s treating her bleeding wound carefully and taking care of her attentively. No one has treated her like this.

 

“Why did you still help me and not run off to save yourself? I could kill you, you know.” She talked again after the lovely lady has finished what she’s doing. She’s curi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter