Final

Irene and Wendy

A/N: This is the last part of my supposedly one shot, so this is a rather short, final chapter. Thanks for reading again. 

 

Today is Wendy's discharged date so all her members, minus, Irene, were at the hospital. They planned a surprise welcome party at Wendy's new house so her parents and sister are already there, preparing for the celebration while it is the members' task to bring Wendy home. Unfortunately, Irene is not present yet. 

"Did Joohyun unnie tell where she would went?" Wendy asked. Irene is not answering her call and it worries her. 

"She said she's gonna buy flowers." Joy answered. 

"But what's taking her so long?" Wendy frowned. 

"Relax, Seungwannie. I'm sure she'll be here in a while." 

True enough, Irene arrived after a few minutes. She smiled apologetically to her members. "Hey guys, sorry I was late." 

Irene directly went to Wendy who is currently sitting at her hospital bed and pats the latter's head. "How are you feeling?" 

Wendy smiled widely. "I'm good as ever, unnie. I can't wait to leave this place."

Irene smiled too and nodded. "Can you spare me a few minutes though before we leave?" 

"Hm?" Wendy was confused. "Sure, unnie. But why?" 

"Uh.." Irene turned her head to face her members. "Guys?" 

As if understanding their leader, the three girls grin and nodded. 

"We'll go ahead first, unnie." Joy said, eyes on Wendy. The older of the two didn't miss the playful wink Joy threw at her. Wendy knew there was something behind that wink but she doesn't know what. 

"We'll wait for you in the car, unnies. Don't take too long, okay?" Yeri said with a hint of teasing which confused Wendy even more. 

"Okay, kids, let's go." Seulgi said, dragging Joy and Yeri out. 

Irene looks at the retreating figures and shook her head the maknaes' antics. 

"Unnie? What's going on?" 

Irene smiled at the obviously confused Wendy. "Well, nothing yet, Seungwan." 

"Yet?" Wendy asked. "What does that mean?" 

 "It means," Irene playfully poked Wendy's nose. "that something will happen."

"I don't understand, unnie. What are you-" 

Wendy was not able to finish her sentence when Irene, who was standing in front of her, lifted Wendy's jaw and suddenly leans dangerously close to Wendy. 

"This, is what I'm talking about, Seungwan-ah." 

Wendy wasn't given the chance to process Irene's words as the older girl closed their gap and captured Wendy's lips. 

Wendy's eyes widened. Irene was kissing her. Again. 

To Wendy's relief-slash-disappointment, Irene finally let go of her lips. 

The older girl looks at Wendy and chuckled lightly as Wendy still seemed to be in shock- jaw dropped and eyes wide. 

"Seungwan? Please say something?" Irene laughs awkwardly. She was just trying to lift the atmosphere but deep inside, her heart is beating so fast. 

"W-was.." Irene finally heard some word from the still unmoving Wendy. 

"Hm?" Irene brushed Wendy's bangs. "What was that, Seungwan?" 

Irene's touch seemed to bring Wendy back to reality. Irene chuckled as Wendy blinks her eyes rapidly. She turned to look at Irene. 

"Yes?" Irene asked sweetly. 

"Was that a mistake too, unnie?" Wendy asked innocently. She don't mean anything by that question. It's just that the kiss felt like a deja vu and this time, she doesn't want to get her hopes up. Her relationship with Irene for the last year have been the best so far, even without any label. She doesn't want to change that. Unless, only of course if Irene is already ready to. So Wendy was confused. What does the kiss mean? 

Irene gave a small smile hearing Wendy's question. To be honest, she was sad that it's the first thing that Wendy thought of. But she can't blame the girl. Besides, she has the chance to change that now. 

Irene moved to seat on the bed beside Wendy and took the younger's hands in hers. 

"Seungwan, remember our reconciliation talk 2 years ago?" 

Wendy slowly nodded. How can she forget that. 

"There's something that I forgot to tell you that time."

"Oh, what is it, unnie?" 

"I lied." 

Wendy was surprised and confused at the same time. "About what, unnie?" 

Irene smiled as she squeezed Wendy's hands. "When I kissed you that night, it was true that I was drunk. A bit drunk, to be exact." 

Wendy nodded. "O-kay..?" 

"But." Irene emphazied. "That kiss, was not a mistake, Seungwan-ah." 

Wendy stared at Irene, unable to say anything. 

"So to answer your question earlier," Irene shakes her head. "No. Kissing you today was not a mistake too, Seungwan."

"Wha- what does that kiss mean then?" Wendy had to ask. She had to. She didn't know if she can still take it if her hopes will be crushed again. 

Irene cups Wendy's cheek and brushed her thumb against it. "I love you, Seungwan. That's what it means."

"Wha- what?" Wendy can't seem to hear Irene right. 

Irene wanted to erase the doubt she sees on Wendy's face. So she leaned in once more and gave Wendy a soft kiss on the lips, further surprising the latter. "I love you, Seungwan-ah." 

Wendy was speechless. Since their talk 2 years ago, she never heard those words again from Irene. Wendy thought she didn't need though, for Irene would always make her feel loved thru her care and actions. 

"When I heard that you had an accident, I was so scared." Irene continued, a quiver in her voice, interrupting Wendy's thoughts. "I thought I was gonna lose you. I thought it might be too late for me.. for us." 

Before Irene can stop it, her tears are already falling. She tried immediately to wipe her tears, not wanting Wendy to see her cry. It was too late though, for Wendy already saw her tears. This surprised Wendy because since her accident, this is the first time she saw Irene cry. Instinctively, she squeezed Irene's hand to comfort the older girl. 

"I'm sorry that you have to had an accident for me to act upon my feelings." Irene sniffed. "I'm sorry that it took this long for me to be ready." 

Wendy gasped. She understood. She can still remember how Irene told her two years ago that she isn't ready for this. But now.. 

"U-unnie, are you saying that.." 

Irene smiled and caressed Wendy's cheek lovingly once more. "I love you, Seungwan. Please be my girlfriend?" 

For nearly a minute, Wendy was just staring at Irene with wide eyes, jaw hanging.

"Seungwan?" Irene cleared nervously. "Please say something?" 

Wendy heard the plea, bringing her back into the reality. Irene is smiling at her but it's obvious that the leader is nervous. 

"I.. It's okay if you don't want to." Irene flinched at her own words. "I mean, no, of course it's not okay. But I'll.. I'll understand. I'm the one to blame after all. I hurt you and I wa-" 

Irene didn't get to finish her sentence as she felt Wendy's soft lips on her own. Before she can process it however, Wendy already pulled out from the kiss. 

"I'm sorry, unnie. You were rambling, so.." Wendy shyly grinned. 

Irene unconsciously touched her lips. She can even feel herself tearing up. "Is- is that a 'yes' then?" 

"I love you, Joohyun unnie. I never stopped." Wendy wiped Irene's tears. She can also feel tears in her eyes. "You don't know how I had waited and hoped for this moment. So, yes. I will be your girlfriend, unnie." She smiled shyly. "Please be my girlfriend too?" 

"Of course, Seungwan-ah." Irene then smiled apologetically and brushed Wendy's cheek. "I'm sorry if I made you wait." 

Wendy shook her head and smiled. "You are always worth the wait, unnie." 

Irene felt touched at Wendy's words that she hugs the younger girl tight. "I love you so much, Seungwan-ah." 

Wendy returned the hug just as tight. "I love you too, unnie." 

 

Irene and Wendy were walking side by side towards the parking area. Wendy's right arm is holding onto the crutch while the other is draped over Irene's shoulder. The older girl's left hand is around Wendy's waist, supporting the latter, and her free hand is carrying the other pair of cruth for Wendy. The younger girl insisted that she can walk on her own but her now girlfriend argued that she might get hurt so she's not going to risk it. Wendy smiled, appreciating her girlfriend's thoughtful act. 

"Unnie?" Wendy asked. "Should we.. tell the members about us?" 

"We don't have to, Seungwan." Irene answered. 

"O-oh, right. Right, of course." Of course, Joohyun unnie would want to keep it a secret first

Wendy understands. She lived in a liberated country and although she've never been with a girl before, same- relationships are not new to her, she was somehow used to it by now. But she knows that for Irene, it's different. The latter grew up in a country where same- relationships are still not accepted by public. 

Telling others, especially to people close to you, that you're in a relationship with a girl is a whole different step. One step at a time, Son Seungwan. Wendy thought.

Irene, who seemed to know what Wendy was thinking, surpsingly giggles. 

"Seungwan," she called out. "What I meant is that we don't have to tell them because they know already." 

"Wh- what?!" Wendy stopped walking in surprise. 

"Well, to be exact, I just told them that I'll ask you today to be my girlfriend." Irene answered with soft chuckles. "But they were so sure you'll say yes so they're kinda expecting it already." 

"You- you told them?" 

"Yeah. I hope it's okay with you?" 

"It's absolutely okay, unnie." Wendy thinks that their members deserve to know their relationship, they're a group who lives in the same house and who shares the same dream after all. Besides, they're more than just their members. They're a family. "I just thought.." 

Irene laughs. "You thought I would prefer to hide our relationship from them?" 

Wendy guiltily nodded. "Sorry, unnie." 

"Don't be." Irene said, patting Wendy's head. "To be honest, it occurred to me to not tell them. I was afraid of what our members will say. But then I realized, that they are our family too. They're a big part of us and I want them to still be a part of this new chapter in our lives."

"That's so sweet, unnie." Wendy smiled widely. She feels the same. 

"But you know what the real reason is why I decided to tell them about us?" Irene grins. "So that Sooyoung will stop taking your attention away from me. Ugh. That kid keeps hogging you all to herself!" 

Wendy laughs and decided to tease Irene. "Are you jealous, unnie?" 

"Ugh! You don't know how many times I've wanted to pull her away from you." Irene smirked playfully. "And now, I have the right to do that." 

"Aw, poor Sooyoungie." 

"Yah, I'm your girlfriend!" 

Irene and Wendy both blushed at the word 'girlfriend'. Nonetheless, there were smiles on their faces. 

"But, uhm.." Irene cleared . "I think we have to keep it a secret from other people though. We can't risk being caught by anyone." 

Wendy nodded. "I agree, unnie." 

"But don't worry, Seungwan." Irene assured. "In the future, when we're old enough that the media won't be interested in us anymore," Wendy chuckled at this. "and our group hasn't been active for so long that they'll not be able to drag our members with us.., let's date in public, Seungwan-ah." 

"I would love too, unnie." Wendy answered with a sheepish smile. "It can be 10 years from now though." 

"So? I'm sure we're still together by then."

"Ooh..pretty confident huh, unnie." Wendy teased. 

"Why?" Irene narrowed her eyes at Wendy jokingly. "You don't want to spend the rest of your life with me?" 

Wendy laughs at the accusation. "It would be an honor to spend the rest of my life with you, unnie. But, wait a minute," Wendy gave Irene a teasing smile. "Is that your way of saying you want to marry me in the future, unnie? Are you proposing to me now?" 

"Wha- Yah!" Irene blushed and answered in a small voice. "What are you talking about?" 

Wendy laughs. "You're so cute when you're blushing like this, unnie." 

"Yah!" Irene glared cutely. 

"Sorry, unnie. I'll stop with the teasing." Wendy answered, trying hard to stop smiling. 

"Ugh really, Son Seungwan." Irene said, poking Wendy's nose. She then drapes Wendy's one arm over her shoulder again, her arm rounding up on Wendy's waist. "C'mon, let's get going now." 

Wendy nodded and let Irene supports half of her weight. "But you know what, unnie?" she asked as they start walking. 

"Hm?" 

"Since you're the one who asked me today," Wendy gave a shy grin. "Then I'll be the one to propose to you in the future instead." 

"O-okay, whatever." Irene answered in a small voice but there was an obvious blush on her face once more. Wendy internally laughs, knowing Irene is being a tsundere again. 

"By the way, unnie. Where have you been earlier? You were not answering my calls." 

"Oh, right. Sorry." Irene gave a guilty laugh. "I just went to your home." 

"Eh? Why?" 

"To talk with your parents about us, of course." 

"Wha-what?" Wendy didn't see that coming. She stopped walking again. 

"Why do you look so surprised?" Irene laughs. "I kinda told you earlier right? That our families should know, that's why I told our members about it."

"Y-yeah, yeah. I just didn't.." Wendy still can't what Irene did for them. "Wow." 

"Yah, what's so surpring about that?" Irene asked with a laugh as she sees that Wendy is still stunned. "I was gonna ask you officially to be my girlfriend, of course I need to do a courtesy call to your family first. Which by the way, I got their blessing to date you." Irene grins proudly. "Although," Irene gave a small smile as she continued. "I have yet to inform my parents though. To be honest, I am still a bit sca- Yah! Yah, be careful Seungwan-ah!" 

Irene was startled when Wendy stumbily throws herself towards her, engulfing her in a tight hug. Irene catched the younger girl immediately into her arms. 

"Yah, Seungwan-ah, don't do that again. It's dangerous. You might fall." Irene said, hugging Wendy in return. 

"Thank you, unnie." Wendy said through the hug. She was so touched by what the older girl did that Wendy can feel herself tearing up. "I know it was not easy. And I can't imagine how scared and nervous you were, but thank you, thank you, unnie." 

"I want to make it right this time, Seungwan." Irene answered. 

Wendy shakes her head, still not letting go of the hug. "We will make it right this time, unnie." 

Irene smiled. "Yes, we will." 

"Oh my goodness!" Yeri's voice suddenly echoed in the corridor, surprising the two. Immediately, they let go of the hug, both getting shy at being caught. They saw their three members walking towards them. 

"I told you, unnie!" Yeri said, directing to Seulgi. "I knew they were doing something that's why it's taking them so long!" 

"Y-yah! We're not doing anything!" Wendy argued back. 

"Gee, whatever, unnie." Yeri teased more. 

"Unnie!" Joy suddenly engulfed Wendy in a tight embrace. "Finally! I'm so happy for you!" 

"Th-thanks, Sooyoungie." Wendy answered as she can feel herself being squeezed more by the taller girl. 

"Yah, Sooyoung. Can you please let my girlfriend go?" Irene glared at Joy, earning an 'oooh so possessive' comment from Yeri. 

Joy laughs and let go of Wendy. She then gave Irene a hug as well. "I'm happy for you too, unnie." 

"Thanks, Sooyoung-ah." Irene answered with a smile. 

"Congratulations to you both! We're so happy for you guys!" Seulgi cheered, giving Wendy and Irene a hug as well. 

"Unnies, you both know that I'm happy for you two. But please, no PDA's." Yeri teased.

"Yah, Kim Yerim!" Wendy called out, her face in a shade of red. This made the two maknaes to make fun of her even more while Seulgi is just laughing at the side. 

Irene looks at the scene and smiled. She knows this is just the beginning and the road ahead might be tough. It may even be worse that she's expecting but she didn't and won't regret it. She'll face all these tough roads ahead with Wendy and her girls. 

For as long as I have Seungwan and the girls, everything will be okay