The princesses and their prince

Change

*BANG!* Yena jumps in her seat almost letting her pen fly as she whips her head towards the door. ‘ARRRRGGGGH! WHY. IS. SHE. SO. ING. DENSE!’ She watches as her roommate and bestest friend storms through the door with vigour, closing it violently behind her before diving face first onto her bed dramatically. Muffled groans of frustration could be heard from the bed on the other side of the room. 

 

‘What’s up Chaewonnie?’ Yena sighs monotonously, shifting her attention back to the notebook laying atop her desk. She didn’t really need to ask, nor did she really want to ask, after all, this could very well be the thousandth time she has heard the same old whines about the same old situations Chaewon seems to endlessly find herself in. As she zones Chaewon’s voice out, Yena started jotting her notes down, shifting attention between the notebook and the four... or maybe five or six mathematical guidebooks splayed all over her desk. She’s just as motivated as she always is. ‘Yena! You aren’t listening are you?!’ Followed by a few seconds of silence. Yep, she wasn’t.

 

The scene at Enozi high school cafeteria was a common one. Lunch break. In walks four very particular (or maybe even peculiar) teenage girls, heads turn words whispered and loud, very very loud squealing and screaming. Whether they liked it or not, the four girls could never avoid the attention. The four princesses, or more accurately, the three princesses and their prince.

 

The first princess, Choi Yena, senior year, the school’s pride and joy, their very own academic genius. Clinching the top spot nation wide in every national exam. Gold medals in every olympiad. She’s even got a certificate from the president. She might not have the biggest group of fans between the four but she most certainly had every faculty member dancing on her inhumanely academically successful palms. Oh and not to forget, she’s drop dead gorgeous.

 

The next, Kim Chaewon, third year, It’s difficult to describe exactly what it is about Chaewon that captivates both the male and female demographic of the school. Was it her completely menacing resting face? Her widely proclaimed title as second best highschool dancer of the nation? or maybe even her reputation of shutting down all advances made by her admirers in the coldest, cruelest and quite frankly coolest ways? Whichever it is, this girl undoubtedly had the biggest fanbase in the school (and outside of the school too in fact). Oh yea, she’s unbelievably drop dead gorgeous.

 

Third, Kim Minju, second year. When it comes to this girl? It’s not just the squealing students of the school and other schools around their neighbourhood. Her popularity could pretty much be described as global. The up and coming top model of the century, Minju had gigs on runways and magazines from all around the world (which in all honesty she rarely ever takes up, working practically only twice or thrice a year). Her popularity has risen through the roof since her last gig at Chanel’s runway last summer in Paris. Oh and as a matter of fact? Yes, she’s absolutely drop dead gorgeous.

 

Last and definitely not the least, was Ahn Yujin, Freshman. The fourth princess, or the prince of the princesses rather. Yujin was an absolute sports extraordinaire, excelling in every sport known to high schoolers. She doesn’t even belong to any clubs in the school, Yujin had a title, the uncrowned prince of Enozi high’s sports clubs. She would swoop in and be the ace of any sports club struggling in their tournaments. She has won the national title for the softball, volleyball and the fencing club in the first few months at school, and she was currently working on her fourth trophy at the basketball club, quite possibly the easiest one yet, considering her well above average height. As her title , Prince Ahn would suggest, she had all the freshman girls (and most of the guys too actually) begging for any sort of interaction with her. Oh and guess what? ing drop dead gorgeous.

 

Yujin rushes to their usual table and sits with a plop, ‘man, i’m worn out~’ she sighs as she lays her head on the table. ‘Unnie! Bring me my lunch!’ she yells at Chaewon. ‘Yah! What am I? Your slave?’ Chaewon retorts. Yujin had this adoringly annoying habit of bossing her Chaewon unnie around, but it usually doesn’t work. ‘Yujinnie, i’ll grab it for you.’ Minju says as she makes her way towards the line. ‘Wait wait wait i’ll help! Yena i’ll grab yours as well.’ Chaewon adds as she hurries to join Minju. ‘Yenaaaa, could you stop studying for like, I don’t know, ten minutes?’ ‘I will if you start studying for like. I don’t know, 2 minutes?’ Yena replies in a mocking tone. She’s been looking through the same college level math problem for the past 25 minutes, annoyed as hell at her inability to grasp the concept. She always has a book in hand, whether it’s lunchtime or free period, it never matters to her. Minju and Chaewon returned quick with their lunch, despite the really long line at the counter, this was one part of being popular they didn’t hate, everybody always lets them go first. Yujin claws at her food and proceeds to gobble it down as Minju giggles looking. 

 

It’s Yujin’s big day, the high school basketball nationals’ finals. The atmosphere in the large stadium was heating up, two whole schools of supporters and rivals had packed the stadium seats completely. But of course our princesses had front row seats with a good radius of distance between them and all the other peasants. It just kinda happens. Minju is cheering at the top of her lungs ‘YUJINNIE! ONE MORE SHOT LET’S GO!!’ Yujin looks towards the stands and flashes the brightest smile and mouths ‘Watch this’ at her Unnies. She moves in towards the opposing defenders defense radius and perfectly executes a through the legs dribble, before suddenly dropping her acceleration and darting backwards, letting a three pointer fadeaway laser from her hands towards the backboard, ankle breaking the same defender she had just made a complete fool out of. ‘AND PLAYER AHN YUJIN HAS JUST LET OUT A DESPERATE LAST TRY TOWARDS WINNING THE GAME, ANNNNND! IT’S A BUZZER BEATER! PLAYER AHN YUJIN’S SHOT WAS NOT JUST A DESPERATE ATTEMPT AFTERALL. ENOZI HIGH TRIUMPHS IN THE FINALS WITH A CLOSE SCORELINE OF 93-92! THE CHAMPIONS OF THE NATION!’   The crowd explodes in a flurry of cheers and well let’s just say one wouldn’t be able to differentiate Minju from Prince Ann’s usual freshman fanatics. ‘YA! THAT’S OUR YUJIN!’ She shrieks towards the two older girls. Chaewon looked back with the widest smile. ‘We know.’ Yena replies with her nose buried in her book, even in this sweltering atmosphere, her eyes won’t leave her notes for more than a second, she’d finally gotten that college level math problem done after all.

 

‘YUUUUUJIIIIIIIINNIEEEEEE!’ Minju screams as she lunges herself towards Yujin for a big hug. Chaewon follows behind and the three are hugging it out in celebration of Yujin’s suave victory. Minju makes an attempt to pull Yena into the circle only to be met with a glare. ‘I’m not going anywhere near her when she has quite literally just sweated buckets.’ Yena coldly replies as she shifts her attention back to her book. ‘HAHAHA Yena makes a good point, i’ll go wash up real quick in the locker room and meet you guys outside!’ Yujin says as she dashes in the direction of the locker room. ‘Damn, she’s just a bundle of energy ain’t she.’ Chaewon comments. ‘That’s why she’s our little baby.’ Minju replies. ‘Let’s go to the diner to celebrate the victory, I’ll treat. At least I’ll have a table I could properly study at.’ Even if she refuses to admit it, Yena has a real soft spot for the three girls. Despite acting all cold and indifferent, she was really really overjoyed at the victory too, just not enough to stop herself from studying. ‘Deal!’ the two younger girls chimed in sync.

 

******

 

‘Yujinnie, careful it’s fresh off the stove.’ Minju says as she sees Yujin reaching out excitedly for a fry. ‘Just leave her to it, Yujin has the patience of a... of a... of a 2 year old pig...’ Chaewon attempts at an insult, eyes slowly dropping as she realises her utter failure.‘HAHAHA Unnie! What does that even mean?!’. Well she’s not wrong, Yujin was never really the patient type and I guess Chaewon isn’t really the brightest type either. ‘Oh shut up, you get what I meant.’ The last of their ordered dishes had just arrived at the table and only Yena was uninterested, opting to continue her reading instead. The diner was a typical one, selling hotdogs and burgers and fries and milkshakes, it wasn’t the best but it was what the town had and the girls made do. Untypically busy Thursday night, students from the schools around the neighbourhood all clamouring to catch a glimpse of the godly four. ‘Man, the owner should really thank us for the business they get.’ Yujin scoffs. ‘Don’t mind them Yujinnie, it’s nothing out of the ordinary’ Minju adds. Every now and then, there would be sounds of the camera shutter, from fans very obviously trying to get a photo of the girls. Chaewon would shoot a glare or two, which always seems to work against her, just causing more silent squeals. 

 

They were halfway through the meal when Yena noticed something odd. ‘Wait.’ She looks up as she thinks to herself, ‘Ahn Yujin is being way too quiet..’ She stops her reading for a second to observe and just sees Yujin staring, mouth wide open, lip dangling from her jaw. Eyes wide with awe, almost glistening under the yellowed light. Minju and Chaewon were absorbed in casual conversation while eating and weren’t really paying attention, but Yena could tell her reading was going way too well considering they had a fresh out of tournament Ahn Yujin at the table who would usually be trying to distract her every chance she got. ‘Yujin? Hello?’ Yena says as the other two girls divert their attention towards Yujin. ‘Is that an.. angel?’ Yujin mutters under her breathe, not noticing the attention on her. ‘Aw, they do call me Kim Minju Angel in the modelling industry, but that’s awfully sweet of you Yujin.’ Minju says as she hits Yujin on the shoulder. ‘Huh wait sorry what?’ Yujin says as she snapped out of her daze. ‘Oh lord, this spells trouble.’ Yena thought to herself as she turns to look at the object of Yujin’s attention. Minju might not have noticed but Yujin was definitely gawking at someone. You see, it might be pretty obvious already, but Minju is hopelessly infatuated with Yujin. Sure they might be close like family, but Minju has always held a special kind of feeling for Yujin in her heart. Of course, only our darling Prince Ahn is oblivious to the fact. Yena and Chaewon both knew full well of Minju’s feelings, and looking at the thing Yujin was gawking at, or the person, Yena knew things were gonna get complicated. 

 

‘Unnie~ are you done yet? There’s way too many people here I wanna leave.’ the girl whines as she watches her friend eat. ‘Damn, she’s actually pretty damn cute’ Yena thinks as she observes the girl Yujin was gawking at. ‘Yah Jang Wonyoung, I had to sit and watch you practice for three hours, three hours! You can’t accompany me for just ten more minutes?’ Her friend replies. ‘Fineeeee, why are there even so many people here? Are those girls celebrities? All of them are like, super hot.’ Wonyoung replies, glancing over at the girls. With her gaze attracted by the tallest at the table. Yena quickly snaps her attention back to her book, pretending to read. ‘Unnie, look over there.’ Yujin says as she gestures for her friends to look over to Wonyoung’s table not realising Wonyoung was looking directly at her. They locked eyes for what must have been about two seconds, but if Yujin had a say in it, she would swear it was at least a good eight minutes. She could feel her ears burning up, a red flush creeping all over her face.

 

‘.’ Yujin gasps as she quickly looks away and pretends she totally wasn’t pointing at her newfound interest. ‘ . She totally just caught me staring didn’t she?’ ‘Hm? Who?’ Minju was too busy gawking at Yujin and her glistening bright eyes to know what Yujin was talking about. ‘Unnie! That absolute angel! Holy I swear I’ve never seen someone even half as gorgeous as she is.’ ‘, here we go.’ Yena says in her head as she looks at Minju, wearing a dull and gray expression. ‘Yah Ahn Yujin, go get her number.’ Chaewon hurriedly adds on. You see, Chaewon knows full well what she was implying and she knew full well Minju wasn’t gonna like this... but the thing is, she wanted it to happen. She wanted Yujin to hit on this girl, to get a girlfriend, then maybe Minju would finally turn her attention towards Chaewon. Yujin wasn’t the only oblivious soul of the group, Minju was too. Minju was the kind of dense idiot that wouldn’t even notice Chaewon’s desperate attempts at courting her. Minju was the dense idiot Yena had to hear Chaewon whine about for hours on end everyday in their room. Minju was the one Chaewon was absolutely head over heels for but of course Minju wouldn’t notice, the girl was way too busy pining for Yujin’s attention. ‘Unnie! What are you saying! I’ve never done anything like that before! But... should I?’ Yujin excitedly asks her Unnie, completely oblivious to Minju’s darkening expression. Yena shoots Chaewon a quick glare, which was promptly ignored. ‘Yea of course! We’ve got your back!’ Chaewon spurs Yujin on. ‘Alright! If you say so! Here goes nothing!’ Yujin says with her chest puffed up. ‘Let’s do this thing!’

 

******


 

‘What in the world were you thinking?!’ Yena exclaims in an uncharacteristically loud volume as she slams the door behind her. ‘You know how Minju feels, are you trying to see the girl you like hurting?!’ Yena was understandably upset, she just had to watch two of her best friends practically gang up to hurt her other best friend’s feelings, but of course, that’s not really what happened.

 

‘Hello princess.’ Yujin said as she bowed over in knightly fashion, one arm poised over her chest. ‘Might I be so bold as to request the honour of your contact details. In my phone.’ She asks in the cheesiest most cringeworthy knightly tone she could muster. All while flashing her signature bright dimply smile, a smile that Minju would swear could brighten up the ocean floor. *COUGHS* ‘What in god’s name?’ Wonyoung’s friend chokes out in her coughing fit.  

 

‘What are you getting your in a bunch for? Our baby Yujin is finally all grown up and is actually crushing on someone, or at least she probably will be.’ Chaewon defends herself. ‘What? Are we supposed to get in her way of that?’ 

 

‘No?! But Minju?!’

 

‘It’s alright Yena, we are here for her.’

 

‘You mean YOU are? We both know you’re just trying to get Minju for yourself!’ Yena yelled back in retort. She didn’t mean to say that, Chaewon was her best friend and she knew how much she loved Minju. ‘Chaewonnie... I didn’t mean......’ 

 

‘Unnie, it’s for the better. This way, maybe Minju could finally move on from Yujin and we, I mean WE will be right there to support her through it.’ Chaewon cut her off. 

 

The girls don’t ever call Yena unnie. It never bothered her much but she did notice over time that the only times they called her unnie was when they were trying to get her favour or when they were being extremely sincere. Yena could tell this was the latter. ‘Okay. I got you, we’ll be there for her. And maybe you can get Minju to properly look at you the way you look at her. A win for everyone I guess.’ She sighs as she focuses back on her notebook, that was far too much time spent away from her studies than Yena intended. 

 

‘Huh what wait why how me???’ Wonyoung blurts out flustered, cheeks turning a rosy pink. Yujin slides her phone on the table top towards her, ‘Princess, please.’ She practically begs, cheeks turning quite a similar shade of pink. She had her eyes on Wonyoung, studying her every feature, every mole and damn was she captivated. She watched with an ever growing smile as Wonyoung shyly punched her number on the screen before gently taking it out of her hand then proceeding to turn around punching the air violently, ‘YES!’ She yells slightly too loud in her excitement. ‘I! I! I’LL CALL YOU! OR TEXT YOU! OR SOMETHING!’ She exclaims as she dashes back to her table. Leaving Wonyoung staring with her eyes wide open, all kinds of butterflies kicking up a storm in her stomach. ‘Let’s get out of here quick.’ Yujin says as she grabs her bag and dashes out the door. The girls follow suit, with Minju trailing behind, tears on the verge of spilling. Their little (or not so little) group of fans were left behind shocked and dazed. ‘Did Prince Ahn just hit on that girl?’ a voice finally spoke. Faint sobs could be heard all over that diner.

 

Wonyoung laid in her soft fluffy pink bed, with a clear pink cloth draped overhead, fiddling with her phone. *bzzzt* Wonyoung lifts her phone at lightning speed. ‘Argh It’s just Unnie. ’ It was the fifth time of the night her friend had texted her. ‘DID SHE CALL YOU YET?!?!?!??’ ‘Unnie! Stop! It was probably a dare or something, no way she’s gonna actually call me.’ Wonyoung replies cooly but in her heart she was begging for this hottie to drop her even the simplest text, hell she would have been satisfied with a hello. Yujin didn’t introduce herself but Wonyoung could put two and two together and realise she was THE Prince Ahn of Enozi high. Four beautiful girls surrounded by what seemed like an endless stream of fangirls AND fanboys, it had to be the three princesses and their prince. Wonyoung knew of them of course, being from OTR high school that was just a few bus stops away. She had never met them but it was easy to tell Yujin was THE Prince Ahn. Well proportioned tall figure with the cutest dimply eye smile and the brightest aura like that of a knight in shining gold armor, Wonyoung was sure. She blushed as she relived the scene in her head for what was probably the twenty eighth time that night, squealing in delight as she buried her face in her pink fluffy pillow. Wonyoung’s coffee tasted like candy that night, she drinks her coffee black.

 

******

 

Yujin had been up all night pondering over what to do. ‘To call... or not to call... that is the question.’ She muttered to herself each time Wonyoung’s face popped up in her memory vividly. It brought the biggest grin to Yujin’s face, each corner of her lips inching higher and higher each time. The mole under her left eye, the way her lips were glossy and definitely the way the moonlight seemed to reflect off her eyes in just the right angle. But eventually she fell asleep before making her move, even for the big bundle of energy, she was crazy tired after the intense day. The next morning however, her energy was back up at its peak, quite similar to how the sun rises and shines its rays of light upon the earth everyday, Yujin’s energy would always be absolutely recharged after a good night’s rest. ‘I’m gonna do it. Let’s do this’ She peps herself up as she types in her messenger. 

 

To: Angel

 

Morning Princess! I’m keeping my promise! 😉

Let’s start off simple, where you studying? I’m from Enozi high! Oh! and instagram! Mine’s azzoahn (that’s my puppy’s name)

  • Ahn Yujin (your knight in shining armor)

 

As shy as Yujin is, she wanted to look confident to the angel. She cringes to herself but decides to go with it anyways. ‘Annnnd. Sent. There.’  A big wide grin still plastered on her face.

 

‘Chaewon Unnie! I did it! She hasn’t replied yet though, but it’s whatever, I did it!’ ‘

 

‘If she doesn’t reply, it means nothing ya know.’ Chaewon replies to Yujin as the younger girl runs towards her unnie in delightful little skips. ‘Yujinnie, content.’ Yena says without looking away from her book.  ‘So like, I tried to be confident. A clear and direct message basically declaring my intentions.’ 

 

‘Wow Yujin, so you asked her out?’ Chaewon asks, in awe of the younger girl’s bravery.

 

‘What? No! I asked her some questions. Like her school! and her instagram!’

 

Chaewon rolls her eyes ‘Clear and direct she says. pffft has she seen how dense some people can be? ’ ‘Alright Yujinnie, if you say so. I’m going ahead, catch yalls later.’ She replies as she spots a familiar figure ahead proceeding to quicken her steps in approach. ‘Yena! I did well right?’ Yujin asked with puppy dog eyes, still flashing her smile, only to be greeted with silence as she turned around to see Yena had already left. The girls were all from different classes after all, and Yena certainly wasn’t one to be late for class.

 

‘Minju ah! Minju! Yah Kim Minju!’ Chaewon says as she chases after the familiar back. Hair long, straight and black, the exact opposite to Chaewon’s brown bob cut. It was the lovely silhouette of the one she loves so deeply. She could feel her heart beating faster, her head spinning slightly from the nerves as she approached. It’s a wonder how Chaewon managed to keep her cool as friends for so long, the girl was so hopelessly in love that the mere sight of Minju could send her straight to heaven. Then her heart slowed, and she felt something wrenching at it so deep so vigorously as if a tow truck had sunk its hook deep into her heart, threatening to yank it out. She saw Minju’s puffy red eyes with black circles surrounding them, an obvious indication of the sleepless crying night she just had to go through. Chaewon felt guilt.  

 

******

 

Chaewon was sitting in science class, zoning out and paying zero attention to her teacher. The memory of Minju’s grief stricken face made her feel sick to the stomach. It never felt like that, as hopeless as her one sided love was, and as frustrated as she would often feel, she always felt a warmth tickle her heart when she thought of Minju. It was the first time she felt negative, felt sad. Partly because she came to realise exactly what Yujin meant to Minju and partly because she can’t stop blaming herself, can’t stop thinking she was the one to put that expression on her beloved one. She rests her head on the table, feeling lost. ‘What do I do now? I said we would support her, but I don’t even have the slightest clue how. Maybe I should talk Yujin out of it. Maybe this wasn’t a good idea after all.’ Her thoughts raced around her head endlessly. ‘Kim Chaewon, if you would please pay the slightest bit of attention to my class.’ her teacher beckons. ‘Yea. Whatever.’ She snaps back without even lifting her head off the table. Admiring gasps can be heard throughout the classroom, her teacher offended but not surprised, simply gives up. See, this is what the world can see of Kim Chaewon, the dastardly badass who couldn’t give a rat’s about anything or anybody. But well she cares so much when it comes to Minju. 

 

From: Chaechae

 

I ed up. This was a bad idea. What do we do Yena? Please actually reply me.

 

Yena looks over at her phone, scanning through the text rather quickly. She knew this would happen, which was why she was against it in the first place. Apart from not wanting to be distracted from her studies, she also hates seeing her girls hurt, especially if they’re causing it themselves. She sighs, closing her third assessment book of the day.

 

To: Chaechae

 

Hey, it’s not your fault. You did what you thought you had to do. Your classes are almost over right? Minju and Yujin will end slightly later. I’ll see you at the school gate, let’s go grab them bubble tea. My treat.

 

The bubble tea shop was a new one, modern in styling with black and white marbled walls. Tiled floors that reflect the bright white led lamps hanging overhead. The tables were clean and smooth, almost luxurious. ‘Wow, I actually like this place.’ Chaewon said with a chuckle. Considering that she pretty much hated all the popular hangout spots in their area, purely because she’s an edgy badass teen, this was a pleasant surprise to her. The two scoot over to the corner seats, holding onto their delightful drinks and tucking themselves comfortably into the sofas. Yena begrudgingly puts her book away, ready to face the issue at hand. ‘So, first things first. We encouraged Yujin into this, we aren’t going to talk her out of it. Secondly, let’s help you figure out how we can get our Minju back on her feet.’ Yena lays out logically. 

 

‘Yena, I feel terrible. If i’d just kept my mouth shut, Minju wouldn’t have to suffer like this...’ Chaewon was still feeling the weight of her guilt. It definitely isn’t easy to see one’s loved one hurting over another person. But this was more than that, Chaewon was livid at her inability to make things better for Minju.

 

‘Which is why YOU have to make it up to her. Look, it’s not gonna be easy, but let me tell you Chae, if anyone can do it, you can. You will shower Minju with all the love she needs and have her back on her feet in no time. Promise.’ Yena wasn’t just making an empty promise. She knew the impact Chaewon had on the people around her. When Yena was in her deepest pit, it was Chaewon who was there for her. The amazing thing about Chaewon was that she wouldn’t reach her hand into the pit offering to pull you out. She would willingly jump into the pit, offering to get out together with you. That’s what makes Chaewon so special, her giving heart. 

 

*Ring* The bell hanging above the quaint glass entrance of the cafe rang. ‘Unnie! What do I do what do I do what do I..’ ‘Wonyoung ah, just reply like a normal person, what are you having a gay panic for?’ ‘But she isn’t a normal person! She’s Prince Ahn of Enozi high for god’s sake. She’s a literal walking webtoon character, shining like a knight whose princess vested the power of the sun. Unnie! What if she realises I’m no one special...’ ‘Then it’s her loss baby, you’re more than special and you have to believe in yourself. She’ll see you for who you are I’m sure.’ The pair walked towards the counter, collected their pre ordered drinks and walked to the seats near the corner of the cafe. ‘Wow, you can preorder drinks here.’ Yena thought to herself. ‘YENA, THAT’S THE GIRL ISN’T IT.’ Chaewon screams silently at Yena. ‘Oh you’re right. I guess she hasn’t replied Yujin huh. No wonder she wasn’t beaming her sun ray of happiness into my classroom when she walked past today.’ ‘Unnie. Let’s take this bad idea one step further.’ Chaewon suddenly proposes. 

 

******

 

‘Hey, I’m Kim Chaewon if you don’t already know me, that’s Choi Yena.’ Chaewon says in a cool tone as she and Yena slide into the seats opposite Wonyoung and her friend, who are visibly puzzled, eyes widening. ‘Holy what the holy ’ Both of them yelp one after the other. Well it wasn’t anything Yena and Chaewon weren’t used to, this was their everyday, girls freaking out in front of them and gushing. ‘I-I-I’m Wonyoung... Jang Wonyoung!’ Wonyoung manages to stutter out after calming her nerves for a second. Upon closer look, ‘damn, they really are beautiful.’ Wonyoung thought to herself as she observed their faces. Short brown hair that hangs just above her shoulders. Bright brown eyes that reflected the light just right looking so menacing yet so alluring. Wonyoung notices a little scar on the upper lip, which she finds pretty attractive too. Turning to look at the other girl, she finds similar features. Bright brown eyes, but instead of looking menacing, looked cold and indifferent, yet still alluring all the same. Pouty lips that looked like the bill of a duck, but cute. Long blonde hair that looked unbelievably silky flowing down her shoulders. She looked like Alice, from the fairy tale. 

 

‘Hi! My name is Jo Yuri!’ The girl next to Wonyoung said in a husky tone. ‘I’m this girl’s sister! Like actual legal sisters! We look nothing alike and she’s like 3 heads taller despite being younger but we’re sisters all right!’ Yuri proclaimed. ‘So, I assume you’re sitting here because of Prince Ahn’s little move she pulled on our baby Wonnie right?’ ‘Unnie! Stop that!’ Wonyoung retaliated. She was nervous as hell, with half of the princesses of Enozi high sitting across her. ‘How is Yuri Unnie being so casual and confident right now?!’ She thought to herself. ‘Yea, basically. So why haven’t you replied OUR baby?’ Chaewon snaps. ‘Sorry! I didn’t know what to do or what to say and... sorry!’ Wonyoung hurriedly explains. Yuri’s starting to get kinda mad, first they intrude on their table and then they speak in such a tone towards her sister. Usually she would snap, but usually she didn’t have a porcelain doll sitting across her, just casually reading away while a mini war of nerves was occurring. So acting as usual she could not do. Beneath the brave front she put up, Yuri was struggling to keep her heartbeat at bay. ‘It’s alright, just know our Yujin is an absolute gem. We might be pretty popular and all that, but Yujin is a pretty simple person. She saw your face, fell in love and now wants to get to know you. Don’t worry, she won’t bite.’ Chaewon adds on. ‘Ahhh, so behind her tough facade was a soft older sister type.’ Yuri thought to herself. Apart from being awestruck by Yena, she was also studying the two before her, making sure she knew her allies (or enemies if the situation calls for it) beforehand just in case she would need to arm for war. That’s one quarter of the quartet figured out. ‘Just reply her quick, she’s dying for it.’ Chaewon says as she grabs Yena, who was still reading her book and leaves the cafe. 

 

‘Chae?’

 

‘Yea?’

 

‘Her name was Jo Yuri right?’

 

‘The unimportant one? Yea.’

 

‘.’ Yena mutters as she steadys her breathing. Her face was turning beet red and dangerously hot. She was suppressing the blush by sheer force of will, and she couldn’t hold it back anymore. ‘.’ She mutters once more as she wipes the drool off the side of . ‘.’