milkshakes

it means, i love you

milkshakes

 


 

 

“Yujin certainly hates me.”


 

Yuri stopped picking her nose, eyeing the sobbing Minjoo across her and then snickered but before she could even retort something like, “More like, the opposite.” Yena nudged her abdomen, making her stop from opening , glaring at the older woman who just gave her a firm stare.


 

Chaeyeon laughed nervously, shaking her head as she patted Minjoo’s back. “No, she’s just probably surprised…” She comforted and Minjoo sniffled, wiping her snot with her sleeve. “I mean, you raised a middle finger at her, so she’s definitely surprised and taken aback.” Added by her, her raven hair.


 

Minjoo’s lips puckered. “B-But it means, I love you!” She whined, crying once again and with that, Chaeyeon looked at Yuri, giving her a glare but the latter just returned it with a sheepish smile.


 

Sighing, Chaeyeon then proceeded to explain what raising a middle finger to people really means and as expected, Minjoo was horrified and gave her evil friend, Yuri, a death stare. Not surprisingly, Yuri cowered under Minjoo’s scary gaze.


 

“Yuri, why would you teach me bad things like that! Yujin misunderstood me because of this!” Minjoo exclaimed, her nostrils flaring but she’s not angry, just a little bit upset and confused.


 

Yuri pouted, flashing her puppy eyes to protect herself and hoping that it would warm Minjoo’s heart up and success! She rejoiced when her friend’s eyes softened upon seeing her attack.


 

“Sorry, Min~ I was just fooling around, I’ll make it up to you by this!” Yuri then pulled something out from her pocket, Minjoo blinked and squinted her eyes to see the paper clearly. Yena and Chaeyeon just watched silently.


 

“It’s a coupon~ Take Yujin out and eat in this diner, get yourselves some great drinks, here!” The bob haired woman beamed and reached for Minjoo’s hand, placing the pink coupon on top of her palm and closed her fingers, then held the hand tightly. “Use it happily, Min!”


 

But deep inside, Yuri felt lifeless.


 

“My ing free milkshakes coupon, I suffered hell just to get those and because of a single mistake, I lost it…” Yuri thought to herself while in great despair.


 


 

It’s kind of weird, Yujin thought to herself. She really thought that Minjoo hated her after giving her the middle finger yesterday but the older woman suddenly called her, asking if they could go at this certain diner around the area together because she got a coupon from there.


 

Yujin didn’t even manage to say something when Minjoo ended the call abruptly, well, the younger woman will go with her crush anyway even if it’s fishy. That’s how whipped she is for Kim Minjoo.


 

And now, she’s with the said woman, they are drinking the free milkshakes inside the cozy diner.


 

Yujin loves the ambiance of the place, it’s not that spacious and it’s not crowded. It’s the typical vintage diners and she likes it so much, she can’t help but to take some pictures of it. Heh, she wondered why it’s not popular to the people around but somehow, it’s nice that this place isn’t so crowded, maybe she’ll take the others here someday.


 

“Does it taste good?” Minjoo asked, and her voice snapped Yujin back into reality, halting on taking a sip from her chocolate milkshakes. The younger woman blinked, tilting her head a bit and was confused for a while, briefly glancing at her milkshake then to the older.


 

Nodding timidly, Yujin responded. “Yes. It’s delicious. Thank you for this treat.” She then smiled a bit. She actually wanted to look cold but… she just can’t. Her body won’t cooperate at all. She wanted for Minjoo to console her, to baby her, to comfort her.


 

“Can I take a sip for a taste?” Minjoo innocently asked, her eyes sparkling as she placed down her glass of strawberry milkshake.


 

Yujin instantly blushed, feeling her cheeks hot but nonetheless, she handed the drink closer to the older. Minjoo smiled sweetly at her and leaned over the table, and instead of grabbing the glass, she reached for her wrist and steadied it as she took a sip from her choco milkshake.


 

Something sparked into Yujin’s whole being, she could feel her soul leaving her body again when she realized something.


 

Minjoo is sipping on the same straw she’s just sipping on prior seconds ago.


 

“It’s delicious, indeed.” The older woman commented after taking a long sip and sat properly, then showed her milkshake. “Want to try mine?” She asked innocently yet sweetly that Yujin almost exploded.


 

“C-Can I?” She’s awfully shy but she will never lose this chance today!


 

Minjoo nodded eagerly, even giving her a thumbs up and stretched her hand even more and before Yujin could even place the straw between her lips. Someone interrupted them.


 

“Hello!”


 

The both of them looked at the unfamiliar voice, Yujin was slightly annoyed because she’s so close having an indirect kiss with Minjoo again and literally glared at the person when she realized it’s a man. And not just that, he’s blushing and looking all giddy while looking at Minjoo.


 

“Hi~” Minjoo greeted, friendly and kind as ever. The man blushed harder and Yujin almost placed him in a chokehold.


 

“I was already eyeing you the moment you entered this diner, uhh, and I find you pretty and charming, can I get your number?” The man said, suddenly, confidence rising and it irked Yujin so much, glaring at him.


 

Minjoo beamed, grabbing her phone and had the intention of giving away her number like that but not on Yujin’s watch.


 

“She can’t.”


 

The man looked at her, brows furrowed. “Pardon?”


 

Yujin hissed at him, making him flinch a bit. “If you won’t leave her— us alone, I’m afraid I will beat your up.” She huffed angrily, she could feel a weird sensation bubbling into her chest. Jealousy.


 

“What and who are you—”


 

Yujin stood up and walked closer to the man, leaning into his ear and whispered. “I’m her girlfriend and I just want to say I have black belt in taekwondo and I know martial arts so leave us alone.” She lied through her teeth but introducing herself like that makes her chest swell even though it’s pure lie, the girlfriend part is the only lie part, by the way.


 

The man was absolutely taken aback and scared at the hidden threat in her voice so he immediately nodded. “Y-Yes!” He stammered as he ran from their table, not sparing a glance on Minjoo anymore.


 

Yujin clicked her tongue, sitting back. “Ugh, men,” She muttered under her breath with a disgusted tone.


 

Minjoo glared at the younger woman across her, not looking impressed at all. Of course, the same old kind Kim Minjoo. “Hey, that’s rude! He’s politely asking for my number.” She said, and huffed cutely.


 

With a sigh, Yujin shook her head, picking up the strawberry milkshake and took a sip before giving it back to Minjoo. “Joo, you should really learn how to say ‘no’ and see through people.” She replied seriously. “I’m just protecting you. The last thing I wanted to see is you getting harmed.” She added and continued sipping on her milkshake while looking outside the glass window, completely not witnessing Minjoo blushing.



 

After drinking their milkshakes, they decided to go home. Yujin walked Minjoo home, it’s not like it’s new, they sometimes walk home.


 

It was silent throughout, but it’s not uncomfortable. And soon, they reached Minjoo’s home.


 

“Thank you for going to the diner with me.”


 

“Thank you for the treat.”


 

Minjoo stared at Yujin who’s giving her a small smile, her heart skipped a bit. And when the taller woman turned her back, Minjoo stopped her by calling her name. “Yujin.”


 

The said woman looked back, humming in confusion as she pocketed her hands in her track pants.


 

Minjoo raised her hands then showed her middle fingers while blushing and then ran inside her home, closing the door with loud noise, leaving Yujin dumbfounded.


 

“The…?” Yujin confusedly muttered, going pale. “Did she just said, you to me again? Does this diner ‘date’ mean nothing?” She sadly asked no one, feeling herself deflating as she banged her head on the nearest wall, and the passersby were giving her weird and concerned looks as she kept muttering about how Minjoo hates her while banging her head on the wall repeatedly.



 

Minjoo only realized she never said what those middle fingers mean when she was about to sleep. She pulled her hair out of frustration and let out a loud cry, so loud that the neighbors had to check up on her, thinking she’s getting murdered or something.


 


 

A/N: lol just a rushed one~ so if u ever spot a mistake then please tell me lmao! Happy #SoulmateJinjooDay