The Eve

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Jisoo panted as she carefully pulled down her dark hoodie and peered around the corner to see that Xueer was no longer in sight. Letting out a tired sigh, Jisoo hoped that Xueer understood the message. 

If I can't expose 7Senses Entertainment for spreading rumors about Jiaqi, maybe Xueer can. 

Jisoo reminded herself that she still owed Chae a drink for helping sneaking her backstage. No matter the history they had together, Jisoo was thankful that Chae had agreed to help Jiaqi and Xueer. 

"Hello, Xukuk, I need your help.” Xueer paced back and forth in her tiny dressing room, letters tattooing themselves into her memory. 

Jiaqi is being framed for bribing her way into the company and fired publicly, so 7Senses can get more attention. 

"Xueer, are you alright?" Xukuk's kind voice filled Xueer's phone speaker and helped to calm her slightly. 

"Jiaqi's own company is openly terminating her and framing her during her competition!" Xueer did her best not to rush through the sentance. 

"That's terrible, Xueer. I'll ask my girlfriend and see if she can find any evidence to help expose the company." Hearing Xukuk's frown in his voice, Xueer knew she made the right choice in calling him. 

"Xukuk, I know you love your actual girlfriend, but how can she help Jiaiq?" Xueer heard a light chuckle from Xukuk, followed by some shuffling. 

"Well, Xueer, as Jiaqi's fake fiancé. I might be able to find something." Xueer couldn't help but let out a sound of surprise. Of course, Xukuk's girlfriend had to be Zhou Jieqiong.

Gray, cold, and sterile. That’s what this company should be called. Jieqiong thought as a chill ran down her spine. 

Her shoes clattered against the hallway of 7Senses entertainment. Thankful for her years of dance training, she squared her shoulders and stood tall. 

“Excuse me, you can’t be here.” Jieqiong halted her graceful strides when a sharp male voice pierced the quiet hum of the corporate offices. 

Swiftly turning on her heels, Jieqiong was ready to defend herself, until she realized who the guard was yelling at. “Miss, please don’t make me call security. You have to leave.”

It took everything Jieqiong had to keep a grin from spreading across her face. There stood Kong Xueer incognito. Xueer’s usually blazing red hair was carefully tucked beneath her hat. The white shirt she was wearing nicely complemented her black jacket and silver chain with a snowflake pendant. 

“Sir, my agency requires that I have a bodyguard wherever I go. Please don’t cause any problems.” Raising his hands in mock surrender, the guard nodded his head in apology and went back to his post near the entrance of the building. Xueer quickly strides over to Jieqiong and gives her a quiet ‘thank you from behind her black face mask. 

Jieqiong led the way out of the elevator towards the CEO’s office. On the ride up, Jieqiong told Xueer about her plan. The doors opened to reveal a chilly hall that seemed to continue for miles. Xueer felt goosebumps travel up her covered arms. Taking a shaky breath, Xueer thought of Jiaqi. 

Jiaqi always sends messages after practice (even if it's late) that she wants to say goodnight. She always tries to stay the night with Xueer because she doesn't like being alone. The cute, lopsided smile she gets after waking up with Xueer. 

Xueer let a small smile sweep across her face while thinking of Jiaqi. Although their history has been treacherous, Xueer knows Jiaqi would do anything for her. Jiaqi loves her, and Xueer loves Jiaqi; it was as simple as that.

Determined to protect her girlfriend, Xueer finally turned the handle to the 7Senses CEO's office.

"One more time!" Jiaqi yelled over the vibrations of the deafening speakers. They had been rehearsing for the competition for the last 4 hours, and the team still had trouble with the timing of a formation. 

Knowing that her teammates completely trusted her judgment, she promised them a dinner break after fixing the formation, which was met with a chorus of cheers. Waiting for the last member to leave, Jiaqi finally allowed herself to melt in front of the small AC unit, hoping to cool down. The monotone colors of the studio had never looked so vibrant until after a demanding rehearsal. 

/

[Dear Stakeholders,

As you know, 7Senses has been struggling financially for a while now. 

To create a surplus for this financial year, the board of directors has decided to create a controlled scandal regarding our most profitable artist, Xu Jiaqi. 

The plan is to generate tabloid gossip to turn a profit by planting the idea that Jiaqi has bribed her way into the company. 

The company then plans on firing Ms. Jiaqi publicly at her concert. 

Combined with tabloid gossip and the fanbase using the company's name, we will profit based on the brand name alone. 

Despite firing Ms. Jiaqi, we plan on keeping her as an artist under an anonymous clause in her contract. 

Best regards, 

CEO of 7Senses]

After Jieqiong and Xueer sent the official email from the CEO of 7sesnses to The9 media and law firm, the story took flight. Xueer was able to schedule a court date under the argument that this was an abuse of power from the company.   

Xueer was also able to message both Chae and Jisoo and updated them on the situation. 

Jiaqi woke up to the sound of a tunderstorm making itself known outside and an infuriating buzzing on her phone's home screen, which dully lit up the dark practice room. Groggily lifting the phone to her ear, the voice of the one and only Jisoo greeted her. 

“XU JIAQI, WHAT'S THE SITUATION!"