Joohyun's

Walk The Talk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So sorry this took months to be updated :’(

 

 

 

=======

Believe it or not, Bae Joohyun was the first to have a crush on Kang Seulgi.

Joohyun first saw the girl when she needed the most.

Being an active student council officer has took its toll on her, added the fact that her peers were pressuring her to take up the president's position because their current president is going to graduate when the school year would end. The problem was, she doesn't know if she was cut up for the job and she's afraid of making mistakes.

And so there she was, taking a break from the stress by walking along the silent corridors of their school. The other students had already gone home so it was fairly empty except for the student officers who has extra works.

As she got nearer to the dance room, Joohyun heard music was playing inside. She decided to check if someone was in there or the dance club members forgot to turn it off.

There, she found the most attractive human being she ever laid her eyes on, dancing to her heart's content, and it was fascinating watching her. She made Joohyun unable to move, all she can do was stare and witness this beautiful sight.

The way she executed her movements, so natural and flawless, the way she brought life to the music she was dancing to made Joohyun's heart throb in such a good way. She wanted to lock this memory up to keep for herself, and she knew she's acting weird by just ogling the girl and not announcing her presence but she doesn't want to ruin this by stopping her from dancing.

So Joohyun watched some more before leaving the girl be (although she wants nothing more than to stay there and watch her forever), promising to herself to know who that mysterious dancer that made her insides tingle just from witnessing her performance.

When she laid in bed that night, it made her think of how passionate the girl was at dancing, how happiness has painted in her face when she's doing what she loved. She wanted something like that too, and maybe being the school's student council president can be her passion too.

========

Apparently,  it's not hard to know who she was. The girl was popular due to being in the dance club and one of the best dancer they have (she's not even surprised to know that fact when Yeri and Joy told her, after what she saw).

Since then she has been constantly searching for one Kang Seulgi amongst the crowd, trying to watch her from afar and see what she's up to. Because apparently she's "too much of a coward to even say a simple greeting and maybe introduce herself" to the person, in Joy's words and Joohyun wanted to protest but there's no denying the obvious so she just resorted to saying 'shut up' in her defeated tone. It was already embarrassing how easy it was for her friends to figure out she's having a crush on the dancer after stumbling on her words when she asked them about Seulgi, Joohyun doesn't want to add something to their entertainment by making a fool of herself the second time around.

 

Time seems to pass by rather quickly, and before she knows it, Joohyun has to be up on the stage for her speech as a running candidate for school presidency.

It wasn't hard for her to spot where Seulgi was sitting even with the thousands of students inside the school's gym (she's always together with Byulyi and Lisa), having been doing it always when they're in the cafeteria or whenever there's a crowd of students. Let's just say Joohyun has been a master of spotting Kang Seulgi amongst the crowd.

And it's quite disappointing to see her so occupied with her phone doing god-knows-what.

Probably getting texts from all her admirers.

The thought leaves a bitter taste in her tongue, it only adds up when she remembers how people of all genders frequently walked up to her to take their shot. Although Yeri and Joy repeated  assured her that the girl was very much single (she just didn't know where they got the info though) for her to take, it made her madly blush.

When it was her time to take the microphone to convince these students to vote for her, she prayed that Seulgi would notice her in some way.

She spoke her lines that she practiced those nights ago, she memorized it by heart, all the words but when she met Seulgi's gaze she almost stumbled up on her words. Her palms started to sweat and the nervousness she should have felt a while ago made its way into her. Just why does this girl affect her so much?

And when she heard about how Seulgi was helping their partylist win the election, specifically her, she swear those people who says they felt butterflies in their stomach were hypocrites because all she felt at that moment wasn't just butterflies, it was an entire zoo.

It's surprising how that prayer went really well though.

========

Joohyun, of course, knows the rumours circling around the school, and even after knowing it she can't help but get giddy whenever someone talks about how the 'elusive Kang Seulgi who was known to evade dating was now unabashedly flaunting her crush on the school's president'. For all the crazy rumo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter