Seulgi's

Walk The Talk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i was serious about the one dotπŸ˜” but here it is anyway

Β 

Everyone in Luvie High knew Kang Seulgi's not-so-secret crush over one Bae Joohyun, a popular senior because of her goddess-like beauty β€” that made every student scramble on their feet to get even just a tiny glimpse β€” and the current student body president.

While Seulgi, well, she's also fairly popular being a talented dancer and a total girl crush, but those who took an initiative in asking her out just gave up halfway because the girl just can't take the hint that they were flirting with her. Her naivety and innocence was what made them stop, it would all be hopeless in the end when Seulgi just thought of their advances as being nice and friendly. The girl also didn't show any interest in others at all, the only thing she was interested was performing and planning on how to get in line faster than the others in the cafeteria so she could have those limited cupcakes they sell on Wednesdays.

But all of that changed since last year.

She was in 9th grade and there was an event in their school and since it doesn't involve the dance club she had no idea what it was. She remembered sitting with Lisa and Byulyi β€” her friends who were also members of the dance club β€” but was engrossed with her phone trying to set another record on a game she was recently hooked with, not paying attention to whoever was speaking at the front.

It wasn't until she heard an angelic voice entering her ears that she finally looked up on the stage.

There she saw the most beautiful girl she ever laid her eyes on, making a speech that didn't even made sense to her, the only thing processing in her β€” arguably slow β€” mind was how pleasant the girl sounded that it tingles in her ears and would stay there on her every waking moment β€” and in her dreams. Forgetting her game entirely, Seulgi traced her gaze to every part of her face starting on her glinting obsidian eyes that could capture her in a trance, her long lashes, down to her sharp pointed nose and her red moving lips that was perfectly shaped like a cupid's arrow.

She needed to learn who this girl that effortlessly enraptured her seemingly unmoved heart, well before she saw the goddess of course.

It seems that it won't be harder than she thought because after she has snapped out of her staring, she turned to her friends to ask who the girl was and was immediately answered by them, not before chastising her for not knowing who Bae Joohyun was β€” the running president at that time which explains why they were there in the first place, because they were to elect a new student body officers before the school year ends.

It's comical to watch β€” for her friends' end who enjoyed watching her make a fool out of herself β€” how Seulgi printed a load of poster for Bae Joohyun's party list and handed it to every student while convincing them to vote for the girl, promising to them that if she won as the president then those who voted her will be invited to every party the members of the dance club will have.

When the election happened, the students weren't surprised that Bae Joohyun won by a landslide, with how popular she was and Seulgi's influence it wasn't hard to tell.

And after her shameless advertising for the new school's president everyone concluded that Kang Seulgi has a crush on Bae Joohyun.

They're not wrong though.

========

As it was said, everyone already knew Seulgi's crush. With how the girl confidently strides towards the president's locker and dropping the letter that she wrote just for her β€” which she does everyday without a miss β€” and in other days she'll be accompanying it with a rose. With her doing that early in the morning, she would also be warding off those who attempted to give Joohyun their own letters, glaring at them before they can even step closer to the president's locker.

But despite the efforts, Seulgi had no guts into appearing herself in front of Joohyun because by the time she arrived at school the dancer was already out of sight like she was never even there. The only thing that hinted Joohyun that she was there was the lonesome letter inside her locker and Joy and Yeri telling her that, "Seulgi sunbae was here moments ago dropping her letter and making sure your locker was not flooded like it used to be in the past."

(If Seulgi has stayed maybe she'll see the bright smile of the older girl while picking her letter and smelling it β€” there was always a remainder of the dancer's perfume on the paper and Joohyun liked the smell of it very much.)

Β 

Lisa and Byulyi was always very much amused whenever their topic diverted about Seulgi's crush, but oftentimes also getting frustrated with how she brags about going to ask the girl out for a date but when Joohyun was already in her sight she'll only be a nervous mess with red face and sweaty palms before running out of the scene like her life depended on it.

It happened so many times that it's getting unamusing as it dragged on for months now. Their friend is helpless and they decided enough is enough, Seulgi needed to grow a backbone if she wanted the date to happen and if they need to drag her in front of Joohyun so be it.

The three of them were eating in the school's cafeteria when they saw Joohyun along with her co-officers entering.

Seulgi was ready to bolt out of the room but the two immediately caught her from both her sides before she could even stand up.

They hauled her up and started to make their way towards Joohyun's group.

"Y-yah! W-what are you two doing?!" Seulgi squeaks when she realized where her friends were dragging her to.

"This cowardice ends now Seul, you need to ask her for real," Byul said, with an iron grip on her left arm so she won't be flying off to somewhere again.

"Yeah, dude. Seriously, you should stop running away every time you're in the same room with president," Lisa added, with the same iron grip on her right arm.

"No! No, no, no, no," Seulgi tried to struggle free from them but they were relentless, "I'm just going to embarrass myself in front of her. I don't want her seeing me fainting on our first meeting! That would be an awful first impression!" she exasperated.

"But if we just let you, you'll only take forever to ask her. So it's now or never!" Lisa argued, fastening her pace.

Seulgi was almost crying at this point while they steadily got closer to where Joohyun was sitting. It didn't help that they are getting the attention of everyone, with how attracting the three of them were doing it's only natural for someone to be curious especially when they're a famous bunch. The murmurs went louder when the students realized where they were going, getting excited to maybe witness Kang Seulgi of the dance club asking the goddess Bae Joohyun out.

When they arrived at where the student councils were sitting, the whole cafeteria stayed quiet.

With Joohyun now staring at her, Seulgi might just drop on the floor due from fainting.

Three things happened at that specific moment: first, Seulgi stuttered impeccably throughout the whole ordeal whilst shouting the wrong confession, "I-I... I li-like Pringles!" (Byul and Lisa has never face palmed so hard in their lives.)

Second, after realizing what she has said, it didn't took a minute for Seulgi to take off out on the scene, sprinting like her life depended on it.

Third, students shared their different opinions from what they just witnessed resulting to loud buzzes from the once quiet atmosphere. Others were saying how cute Seulgi was, while others were just really weirded out. Regardless, it would still surely be something everyone will gossip about in the hallways.

Lisa and Byul though, has never been so embarrassed for their friend. After bowing down while apologizing for the disturbance to Joohyun and her companions, they immediately scampered to follow Seulgi β€” and maybe give the girl a whole scolding.
Β 

========

Seulgi was at the peak of contemplating her life choices. She never listened every time her friends jokingly say she's dumb because honestly, who would believe such a thing about themselves, but now that she has done what she just did she's starting to believe she's indeed dumb.

She's just thankful that she did that on Friday, meaning she has two days to escape from the embarrassment.

But it's Monday again and all Seulgi wanted was to lay on her bed forever if that means escaping her dreadful fate that she cultivated on her own.

The girl didn't even wrote the usual letter she would give to Joohyun, thinking that the girl was now probably thinks she's a weirdo and won't have anything involved about her anymore β€” and she usually write long letters on Monday about all the things she did during the weekend, but now she missed the chance.

Walking down the hallways of the school has never been so dire, with all the students eyeing her and whispering something to themselves. She ignored them anyway, their opinions didn't matter, just Joohyun's, but she knows it's not pleasant too, maybe the girl thinks she's a crazy stalker that sent her letters, not that Joohyun was like that but with the circumstances Seulgi can only think of that.

When she arrived at the classroom however, Seulgi got confused when a can of her favorite snack sat atop her desk with a post-it note on the side. She scanned the place to see if the person who put it there was around but everyone was either talking to someone or reading among themselves.

Seulgi placed her things first before picking up the tube of Pringles and reading the beautifully scribbled written note that says:

'Hi,

I heard you liked these ^_^

β€” B.J.H

P.s. Thank you for the letters you write for me, it always made my day <3'

The girl almost dropped the can. Of course she knows who gave her the snack, she spent all her time scribbling those same initials at the back of her notebook instead of listening to her teachers.

But why is her crush giving her a gift? Isn't she supposed to be ignoring her? And what did she just wrote on the last part? That her letters always made her day? Her letters, as in Kang Seulgi's?

Seulgi don't know what was happening but maybe she can empathize with her because the note has sure damn made her day (or maybe for about a week.)

Until she realizes one thing, she hasn't written a letter today.

Oh, shoot!

Β 

To: Seungwannie

Hey, I'm outside the Student Council's office :D

From: Seungwannie

Wth are u even doing here? -_-

To: Seungwannie

Have a favor to ask hehe

And i brought u ur lunch since i know u still didn't eat yet

I'm such a considerate cousin u should be grateful

The girl didn't replied to her again, for sure getting fed up by her bulls, which she was already used to by now with how often she heard it throughout the years of being Seulgi's family member, unfortunately.

The door to the office opened and an unamused Seungwan stepped out, "Make it quick Kang, I still have a lot of things to finish."

Seulgi beamed at the girl, unbothered by her hostility since that was their usual interaction, "Hey, at least welcome me with a hug. Didn't you missed me?" She pouted for extra effect.

"We saw each other on Sunday f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter