VII | the usefulness of the best friend

A work of art
Please log in to read the full chapter

"What do you mean, you might like him?" simpered Taemin. "You're so whipped."

"Shut up," muttered Jongin. "I just... I'm not sure if I like him that way. I mean, I only saw him once. All I know is that he's really ing adorable."

"Fair point," said Taemin. "Alright then. What's the first word that comes up when you think about me?"

"Partner."

"Excuse me?"

"You're my dance partner for the closing performance next week."

Taemin drew a long sigh. "You're terrible. Anyways, what is the first word that comes up when you think about this artist?"

Jongin seemed to think for a bit. "I'm not sure. But I think it would be... cute. Or mysterious because I don't know anything about him."

Taemin nodded thoughtfully. "So in order to know whether you truly like him or not, you will have to get to know him more."

"That's what I've been saying the whole time. You didn't get me any further."

"You have at least a tiny crush on him."

Jongin remained silent. He hated it every time Taemin was right, but this time he really had to acknowledge it. Jongin liked a person whose name he didn't even know.

The performance they have been rehearsing over and over also came closer. Jongin's thoughts had been all over the place, and Taemin had to shake him out of it several times. But all Jongin could think about was the fact that the dancer in his favourite painting from his favourite artist was him.

Please log in to read the full chapter