Thirteenth - Another One Plus

Always, Yours: Three Plus One! Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun,” you murmured, “I’ll come with you. My parents will watch out over the kids and I’ll be with you,” you insisted later that night.

Your husband was restless and you saw the constant worry etched into his features. His eyes kept glistening over and it broke your heart.

“No, I’ll deal with this by myself, okay?” he told you back quietly. 

You were both lying in bed, kids successfully put into bed, heavily sleeping after the trip to Baekhyun’s university.

Usually,  it was always Baekhyun holding you. This time, you were the one holding him. His head was resting on your chest, occasionally he would turn his face, nuzzle your mounds and press a small kiss there before he would sigh deeply. You combed your fingers through his hair, hoping it provided some consolation.

“I just… want to be by your side, baby,” you told him softly and squeezed him more.

His arm resting around your middle reciprocated the tightening.  “I know, sweetheart, but I’d feel better if the babies don’t sense that something is happening. They should go to the kindergarten and continue their regular schedule. I also need a little time for myself…” he trailed off and this time looked up at you before he hid his face in your neck, trying to tell you he didn’t mean to offend you. You felt his eyelashes and how he was blinking against your skin which tickled.

“Alright,” you said, feeling hurt but you understood. “Do whatever makes you feel better, honey.”

Another sigh from him and you pressed your lips together, feeling like crying. You despised seeing Baekhyun sad, hurt or worried. If it hurt Baekhyun, it definitely hurt you. It hurt you too much how his father was unwell.

Baekhyun’s father was a great person to be around, it was devastating how he worked so much he’d feel unwell to that extent.

“Promise me you’ll always be careful,” you said, your voice wavering.

Baekhyun puckered his lips against your skin, knowing well you were about to weep. “I promise.”

“Promise you’ll take care of yourself.”

“I promise.”

Smooching the top of his head, you shimmied yourself lower so you could be on eye-level. Baekhyun looked you in the eyes, cradling your cheek before he moved to kiss your forehead. “We will be fine. I’ll be back soon, and all will be fine.”

That night you slept tightly glued to his side. It was a little stuffy, you felt too hot and light-headed, but you didn’t mind. You were the big spoon and Baekhyun was holding your hands that were resting against his stomach.

You kept waking up, bothered with the situation, but also craving Baekhyun’s presence. He was still there and he was sleeping, though you could feel him turning more often, a sign of an interrupted sleep.

Occasionally he’d caress your hair when you were out, and then you would cradle his cheek when he managed to fall asleep.

Neither of you went through this before; it was the first time when one of your parents was hurting. So you couldn’t imagine the pain even though you knew one day both of you would have to deal with something difficult. 

Baekhyun whimpered in his sleep and you shushed him gently as you brought his face to your chest. He instantly hugged you and you made sure he felt your presence so he could calm down.

“All will be well. It must,” you whispered against his hair and gave it a soft kiss.

3

“Baek, just drive carefully, okay?” you murmured quietly, the early morning light gently lighting up the connected kitchen and living room. The triplets were still asleep, thankfully. That way they wouldn't be making a fuss over Baekhyun leaving suddenly. “Don't rush on the roads.”

Baekhyun was shrugging on his jacket, grabbing his sports duffle bag he used for hapkido, inside all the freshly washed shirts, underwear and anything else he would need packed in. “Okay,” he murmured, his voice groggy. He cleared his throat as he straightened up. “Will you be alright, baby?”

“Don't worry about me,” you told him, watching as he crouched down to tie his vans shoes. He looked like a young university student heading out for his lecture, definitely not like a married professor with four-year-old lively triplets. Your heart squeezed at the sight of him. He looked too handsome for his own good, his simple grey joggers, black t-shirt. The white socks and vans seemed almost like a signature to you, having seen him in this outfit every time he was home. A polar opposite to his professor outfits in fit suits and brushed back hair.

This definitely wasn't a good time for you to be thirsty, but you still found yourself a little too hot when your husband straightened up, leaning to you with a worried face as he hugged you. “Text me if anything comes up.” His palm drew circles over your lower back and you found yourself melting like butter on a warm, freshly baked bread.

“Okay, you too. Update me about father, alright? Give my greetings to your parents.”

You felt him nodd as his grip tightened. “Love you, sweetheart.”

You shimmied yourself even closer, making him whimper when you squeezed really hard. “Love you more, oppa.”

“See you in a few days.”

A kiss to your temple, final kiss to your lips and he was out of the door, only his scent lingering in the air.

The apartment felt suddenly empty, despite the triplets sleeping in their room.

Just like that, a couple of hours later and you were braiding Junhee’s hair while Jun and Juna were loitering around Mongryong who, as always, was an attention seeker from the little ones. 

“And daddy will when be back?”

“When will daddy be back?” you repeated so she could remember the correct structure. She nodded her head as you tied the braid up. You pressed a smile. “Daddy will be back in a few days.”

“Will daddy miss our Friday movie?” asked softly Juna, blinking up at you softly when you patted Junhee’s , signaling that she was done. You motioned for the eldest sister to come and stand between your legs like the younger one did before.

“Daddy should be home by then,” you mumbled when Juna was too distracted and ended up climbing on you as her small hand yanked at the collar of your light dress, pushing the clothing lower. “How about we call daddy a little later, baby?”

Juna nodded excitedly, smiling at you with her tiny teeth. “Yes, let’s call daddy later!”

“Alright, but first let me braid your hair, okay?” you winked, as you smooched her cheek which only made her grin wider.

“Daddy is probably missing Mongie too,” said Jun in a tone that indicated it was a serious matter. You hummed, letting him know you were listening as you separated Juna’s wavy hair into three sections. “So Mongie should be the one calling him tooo!”

“Yes, you’re right,” you said just as seriously.

Junhee giggled loudly when the puppy her cheek, making her gentle features scrunch up while Jun giggled at the sight.

Once you were done, you made sure they ate their breakfast, while you kept checking your phone to see any messages from Baekhyun. It was a little silly, but you were worried about him driving such a long distance. He was a skilled driver, but you always felt worried, especially because there was something unsettling in the pit of your stomach, telling you something bad would happen.

The feeling left you melancholic, setting your moo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter