Tears

DRABBLES & ONE-SHOTS

Sung Kyu, why does it hurt so much? Why do the tears keep falling after so long? What good is love? If all it does for me is flood my eyes with more salt water and crack my heart every minute.
     Although I try to hide it; even if I pretend to myself that no one but me can see the suffering. Naively covering my eyelids with the back of my hand will never make it hurt less. You left me, and you said to move forward without you, to be happy, when you know better than anyone that I can't continue to breathe without you.
     And I hated you, because my tears continue to fall one by one, making me wish my heart will follow in your footsteps so that it stops fracturing my chest with every beat.
     The radiance of the smile that you made me discover is no longer on my face. My gaze, the one you compared to a beautiful sunrise, has been extinguished forever. You lived inside me for a short time and that was enough to make me fall in love you. Just a soft sigh from you was enough to lose me.
     You're gone and I wonder if you ever loved me. You were my entire existence. The greatest of my hopes. The most beautiful of my illusions. And now I cannot see beyond the gray clouds that rise above my head, or beyond the immense sky that darkens before my wet eyes.
     Drop by drop, the wound grows bigger and, I want, just for a moment, that you feel the same as me.
     I have dreamed that my heart will be blind forever, to never remember you again and that your image does not appear again in my memory. One by one I count the memories that you and I record in time, but one after another they transform into tiny needles that pierce my chest.
     Your face in my mind is more painful than having a long and sharp sword piercing my body; a deadly, cold and hard weapon that is covered with the blood of my soul.
     What is separation really? What's the point that we're no longer together? If, as much as I want to get away from you, you are still embedded here, in the depths of my feelings. Again I long for my pain to reach you, because you made me unable to feel again. Your selfishness was so great and so dark that they undid everything inside me.
     And yet, I'm still a stupid child clinging to a pinch of your love. I'm an ambitious fool who keeps listening to this voice; the one that yells at me and orders me to stay here, in the same place where you left me, because maybe you know what repentance is and that will make you come back.
     Maybe, if you know what remorse represents, you can turn on your heel and go back again.