Epilogue

If we're ever reborn (let's meet again)

3 years later...



 

Osaka, Japan.

 

Inside a car, a woman can be seen on the passenger seat wearing a snapback that covers her eyes and long raven hair, an Ipad in her hand. She lazily scrolls through the pages on her screen, sometimes chuckling to herself, but mostly frowning as she skims through the excerpts of the e-book she just purchased. 

 

The door of the driver’s seat was pulled open, another woman clad in a blue jumper with tied blonde hair slips inside, hands full of plastic bags. 

 

“Yah, you shouldn’t be using electronic gadgets at a gas station!”

 

“We’re here for the snacks, not the gas.” The woman responded in a nonchalant way as she took the bags, peeking through the contents for her favourite food. Her eyes gleam from the sight of breads of all kinds, muttering a small thank you to the blonde woman. 

 

“What are you reading anyway?”

 

She shrugs, popping a mint candy into as the driver starts the ignition. “Take a guess.”

 

“No way..." The blonde gasped, "Seriously? You actually give it a read?”

 

She side-glared the excited driver grinning at her in mock, “If you don’t want to get your killed, then yes.” She groans, stowing the Ipad into the compartment box. “I still can’t believe we had to go through the trouble of preparing the props and false documents for them , only for everything to be published in a novel.”

 

“You know exactly why she did that.” The blonde cast a glance to her side with a smile. “It’s for our own sake, too.”

 

She sighs, “Can’t believe we’re actually going back again.”

 

“Have you read the emails?”

 

“Yeah.” She fishes her phone out, reading a starred email among the many with similar titles. “They’ve found the location of her distant relatives. They’ll give the contact details  of the person we're about to meet later.”

 

“About time.” The blonde muttered, “I’ve already made arrangements for our flight tonight so hopefully, everything will go smoothly.”

 

She waited for a response, but received none. She turns to the passenger seat as they reach a red light, catching the forlorn look from the latter. “Anything in your mind?” 

 

There was a silent pause, followed by a deep sigh as the car starts to move again.

 

“Are you sure about this?”

 

“This was your idea, remember?” The driver said, the car coming to a stop in front of a small colourful building. “You’ve said it many times before, not to-”

 

“-get attached. No need to remind me.”

 

The corner of the blonde’s lips lifted, a hand reaching to poke the slightly frowning cheek. “We don’t have to do this, Tzuyu. There’s still time to think this through.”

 

The latter slowly shakes her head, grabbing the poking finger before intertwining their hands together. Her eyes fall on the children running out of the entrance, a particular girl waving and smiling at her friends caught her attention.

 

“I don’t want to keep her away from freedom, Sana.” She squeezed the latter’s hand, “She deserves the best.”

 

“And what is the best for that kid?”

 

Tzuyu turns to the questioning blonde with a determined look.

 

“For Minju to be with her real family.”



 

*


 

Seoul, South Korea.

 

The bell on the door of a cafe chimes as the last customer leaves, the operation hours finally coming to an end. The owner waddles to the entrance, turning the OPEN sign around before locking the glass door. She wipes her clammy hands on her apron, pushing back a stray lock of her brown hair away from distracting her sight. She did a quick scan of the empty tables, before walking back to the counter and reaching for a cleaning rag on the shelf. 

 

However, a booming sound suddenly came from above.

 

She quickly runs up the stairs to the first floor, making a beeline to the source of the sound. Opening the door, she was met with her partner lying wet on the ground, a floor mop and vacuum cleaner over her body, wires tangled over her feet and a bucket thrown over her head.

 

“Help! I can’t see!”

 

The owner takes off the bucket, revealing a woman gasping for air, her black hair heavily soaked with water and suds. She crouches down, gently wiping the suds off the woman’s face with her sleeves, before peeling off the bangs sticking to the latter’s forehead.

 

“Really, what would I do with you...” She muttered with a soft voice, only for her face to be squished and patted by the currently blind girl. 

 

“Mitang, is that you?”

 

She rolled her eyes, “No, it’s a ghost.”

 

“Eek! Nooo, don’t touch me!”

 

Mina lets out a soft giggle, taking a clean paper towel on the table to wipe the remains of soap water from her eyes.

 

“Tell me a good reason why a formidable ninja like you ends up in a mess like this.”

 

“Because I’m only good with hiding from people, but not with cleaning...?”

 

“Fair enough.” She tilted her head with an amused grin, helping the woman to stand properly. She observes the room, finding the previously empty master bedroom now cluttered with all sorts of cleaning appliances. “What are you even trying to do here, Momo?”

 

They are coming tomorrow, so I thought of cleaning the bedrooms.”

 

Mina shakes her head, the sight of Momo guiltily rubbing her nape was too adorable for her to reprimand. Instead, she pushes the latter out of the room, keeping the place safe from Momo’s klutzy self.

 

“Where are you taking me? I’m not done yet, Mitang!” 

 

“Nope, you’ve done enough for today.”

 

She ignores the incessant whines, dragging Momo to the kitchen and patting her shoulders to take a seat. Despite the deepening pout and noises of protest, Momo reluctantly sat, before being served a hot chocolate with piping hot cronuts.

 

Her protests were immediately forgotten, exchanged with a wide grinning face. Mina takes the opposite seat, a hand cradling her chin as she watches Momo scarfing down the pastries with an adored smile. 

 

“How’s your day?”

 

Mina shrugs, wiping the crumbs off Momo’s lower lips with her thumb. “Nothing much. How’s yours? The kids ganging up on you again?”

 

Momo deliberately frowned from Mina’s teasing tone. “Not today! I managed to keep them well-behaved throughout the training session.”

 

She lets out a giggle, silently listening to Momo animatedly reenacting her teaching session at the training dojo nearby. The latter caught Mina’s stare on her, subtly clearing before putting on a charming smile, wiggling her eyebrows teasingly.

 

“Had enough of ogling me yet?”

 

Mina chortles heartily, followed with a contented sigh. “I still can’t believe we’re living like this.”

 

“Yeah, after the troubles we had to go through for the past years.” Momo takes another bite, talking with full. “I mean, we had to fake our deaths and forged new identities, forcing those two out of the country to hide themselves while we’re hiding here like sitting ducks.”

 

Mina smiled, a forced one, and Momo takes the cue to grasp her hand, rubbing the soft skin over her thumb in a soothing appease . “But I’m glad we made it through.” Her lips met soft skin of Mina’s hand. “There’s no other place I’d rather be than here with you, Mina.”

 

“This would have been cheesy,” Mina snorted, reaching for the latter’s crumb-stained cheek. “If not for the messy state of your face.”

 

Momo merely laughed at her pitiful state, letting her lover wipe her face clean before a thought pops in her head. 

 

“Oh, I heard your book is doing well! Can’t believe they love your yakuza story…”

 

“I guess I have a knack in writing.”

 

“Ahh, I still remember the struggle of being ignored and pushed away when you’re in the zone.” Momo whines as she rounds the table, wrapping her arms around Mina’s smaller built. “I’m really glad that writing phase is finally over, Mitang.”

 

Mina giggled, turning around to face the pouting woman. A finger guides Momo’s chin closer, their lips meet in a soft, chaste kiss. Before Momo could deepen the kiss, Mina pulls away, backtracking to the kitchen’s entrance with a smirk on her face.

 

“Who said it’s finally over?” 

 

She blows a kiss, before running away from her bewildered lover.

 

 

 


A/N:

Ahh, Mina... are you trying to torture me into writing a sequel?
*Mina holding a katana on her waist with killing glint*
E-eep! Okay, fine I'll write one!

P/S: Most of you thought I killed MiMo (the audacity! T~T) when they never actually died to begin with.
1. The last scene of chap 3, Tzuyu was giving a message to Mina Ojou-sama. Note the way they interact and the message written, as well as the "counting of certain number" (Mina's fav number is 7!)
2. SaTzu didn't cry at the grave site, as well as Minju. They are being the happy soon-to-be family so wasn't that weird? Unless...?

So yes, I might do a sequel, but it will mostly be in a fluffy, flirty, light, comedic way that's full of nonsense and dramatic acting of the girls as well as a glimpse of their own backstory, ehehe... Oh, other members will appear too!

So, anyone's up for it? Btw, it's Mina's day today!! <333