Fate

a change of mind

Ryujin was uncomfortable with the fact that she was an omega. Growing up, she never had any of the typical characteristics of omegas. For one, she never backed down from a fight, even if it was with an alpha. She always tended to act as if she was an alpha. However, her soft scent gave away her standing within society. However, Ryujin learned to ignore the standard ways of thinking with her identity. Meeting a mate was the last thing she had in mind for life. She did not even think an alpha would want such an abrasive and brash omega as herself. After years of pining over it, she accepted herself as she was.

It was not like Ryujin did not have admirers. As a soccer player, she was quite popular. Especially because she was one of the few omegas who could play a sport. However, Ryujin denied them all. She was not ready for the commitment which a relationship would need. Nor did she want to submit herself to some alpha. She was going to live her life the way she desired.

“Ryujin-ah!” a voice yelled, bringing Ryujin back to reality. It was her only omega friend Chaeryoung.

A small smile slipped onto her lips as the girl reached her seemingly out of breath.

“What’s gotten you so hyped up?”

“Lia-unnie is having a party tonight! Come with?” Chaeryoung grabbed Ryujin’s hand and made that disgustingly cute face that Ryujin could never say no to.

Chaeryoung was the definition of an omega. She had countless admirers and alphas pinning over her. However, the girl was infatuated with the senior of the music department, Jisu also know as Lia. Rujin had met her a few times. The alpha ha always been respectful and know how to control her scent. She never made any attempts or movements on Chaeryoung that caused Ryujin to worry about the other girl’s safety. A plus side of the two of them being interested in girls.

“Pleaseee!” Chaeryoung’s voice cut Ryujin out of her thoughts as looked over at her friend. She knew she could not say no. Plus she couldn’t leave Chaeryoung alone at a party.

“Ugh, fine. But the moment alpha boys start trying to pick us up, we’re gone.” Ryujin sighed.

The look on Chaeryoung’s face made it worth it for Ryujin. However, her gut instinct had other thoughts.

“Yes!” Chaeryoung jumped and jugged Ryujin tight. “Come over tonight so we can get ready!”

With that, Chaeryoung jumped off Ryujin and disappeared. Ryujin assumed she went to go tell Lia. She could tell no matter how hard the girl tried to hide it that the two were together. The marks on her neck that she tried to hide so poorly were a dead give way. Not to mention the amounts of times that Chaeryoung came wearing a hoodie from the music department. Ryujin rolled her eyes at the thought. Maybe I’ll catch them together at the party tonight.

Night came faster than Ryujin would have liked. She was not looking forward to a bunch of alphas and omegas drinking and being all over one another. But she had to go for Chaeryoung. She sighed as she put on her leather jacket over her white crop top and jean shorts. Her white converse we pulled up over the fishnet stockings that ran under her shorts. She knew she had to dress well or Chaeryoung would force her to wear some of her clothes. Ryujin cringed at the thought of being styled by her best friend.

A little while later she was at Chaeryoung’s dorm waiting for the girl to answer. With a sudden whip of air, the door opened to show a glowing Chaeryoung. “Wow, you look good Ryu! I thought you weren’t interested in the party?” She said with a smirk.

“Well, I know I look good. Plus, I have to style myself or you will.” She cringed.

Chaeryoung let out a lout laugh As Ryujin pushed her way in the door to sit on her bed and wait. Chaeryoung had on a black crop top and black shorts. Her hair was perfect along with her makeup.


“I think Lia-unnie may be all over you tonight.”

With those meer words, Chaeryoung’s face was glowing red. Ryujin smirked inside, she knew it.

“Wh-what are you talking about it?”

“It’s nothing. Just hurry up. I need a beer or something.”

Chaeryoung huffed and finished getting herself ready.

“Let’s go.” Chaeryoung smiled as the two went arm in arm to find a ride to Lia’s house.

Thirty minutes later, the two were met with a mansion surrounded by a gate. Ryujin choked, she knew the girl was loaded but not this loaded.

“Chaeryoung! Did you find a sugar mommy you need to tell me about?” Ryujin hushed in Chaeryoung’s ear.

The blush that painted the girl’s cheeks was apparent even in the midst of night. “Lia-unnie is slightly well off.” She mumbled.

“Slightly.” Ryujin huffed.

Ryujin crinkled her nose at the number of scents coming from the house. It was overwhelming the closer they got to it. Before Chaeryoung could even knock, the door opened to present a slightly tipsy Lia who engulfed Chaeryoung into a hug.

“I’m so glad you’re finally here!”

“Unnie, how much have you drank?”

“Not too much.” She mumbled, “come on in!”

Ryujin wasn’t too surprised to see people playing beer pong and other beer games. The [place already looked a little trashed. She crinkled her nose again at the varying scents throughout the house. However, her nose caught a scent of mint which seemed to be pulling her in. She has never smelt such a scent before.

Before she could ponder too long, Lia was introducing them to her friend group. “This one with the bright red hair is Yuna, she’s a Shin like you. On the hockey team! Over there is Bang Chan and his group who you should know since you play soccer. Also, Yeji the volleyball captain is somewhere too! She’ll help you if you need anything!”

Before Ryujin could say anything, Lia was pulling Chaeryoung off somewhere. Ryujin rolled her eyes.

“Wanna drink?” Yuna, the redhead asked. Ryujin couldn’t pick up on the scent from the girl so assumed she was a beta.

With a lopsided grin, “Yeah, got some hard stuff?”

Yuna grinned, “We got some jungle juice. Want that? Lia-unnie made it. It’s pretty hard.”

Ryujin grinned and followed the girl to the kitchen where some boys were taking shots.

“Wanna take one?”

Before Ryujin knew it, she was already tipsy. Her eyesight and thoughts were mumbled. Yuna had gone to the bathroom for a minute and Chaeryoung was still no were to be found. Must be ing Lia-unnie. She thought to herself.

An overwhelming scent engulfed her and suddenly she felt vulnerable. “Wanna have some fun?” A deep voice slurred.

“Yeah, what a pretty omega.” The other said.

Ryujin froze. She was tipsy and these two alphas were trying to take her. She growled lightly trying to scare the two away, but she knew it would not work.

“Don’t be scared, baby.” The tone of the voice mixed with the pheromones made Ryujin shrink more. She knew she couldn’t fight them, but she wasn’t going to go down without a fight. Before she could evn throw a fist, a scent came in and masked the alphas. It calmed Ryujin immediately. The smell of mind from earlier was so strong it prickled at her nose.

“She doesn’t seem to want your company.” A cold voice entered Ryujin’s ears.

The alphas snarled which made Ryujin shrink again but she wasn’t expecting what happened next. With the sound of something being hit, Ryujin looked up to see a girl slightly taller than herself throwing punches at the alphas. The scent the girl was releasing overtook Ryujin and she felt at peace. All she could do was watch the girl beating the two men that were trying to harm her. Ryujin doesn’t know what came over her but she engulfed the girl alpha in a back hug to get her to stop. At first the alpha tensed and then calmed down once recognizing the omega.

“Thank you,” Ryujin mumbled into the alphas back. The smell of mint engulfed her whole being as the alpha’s scent calmed slightly.

“Don’t ever come near her again.” The alpha hissed at the two beaten down boys.

Before Ryujin could process anything, the alpha was leading her away into a separate room. The girl pushed Ryujin into the and she felt herself land on the bed. The brunette alpha sat down with her back on the door, keeping some distance in between the two. Her breathing was haggard, and pupils dilated. Ryujin felt herself shiver as looked into those cat-like eyes. The scent of mint was retracted but Ryujin could still smell it. She felt like she needed it. Needed to be marked with it.

Ryujin attempted to compose her words, “W-who are you?”

The cat-like eyes met hers, “Yeji.”

Ryujin’s mind went back to the person that Lia-unnie told her about. The captain of the volleyball team!

“Did Lia-unnie tell you to help me?” Ryjun’s voice was weak. It was the last thing she wanted to hear right not. Especially since she desired the alpha, needed her.

With a huff the alpha stood up, “Can’t you tell from our scents that you’re my mate? Or are you telling me you haven’t been smelling me since you got here? That your body isn’t reacting?”

Ryujin froze at the girl’s comment. She was thrilled to hear that it wasn’t because of Lia, however, realization was sinking in. The smell from earlier. The desire for her to mark me. The instincts. The safety. My heat….

Ryujin looked up at the alpha who seemed to be having a hard time restraining herself.

“We need to get you home now. I won’t let anyone touch you.” Yeji’s voice was husky and domineering. Ryujin could tell the girl meant it and was having a hard time with her own instincts.

“Call Chaeryoung now. Lia should know the situation from those idiots bleeding on her floor.” Yeji huffed.

“Mates? D-do you not want me?” Ryujin felt small. This was almost too much for her to take after years of denying her own identity as an omega. Of course, she accepted herself, but this was not in her plan.

Yeji’s eyes dilated and her chest puffed out. A small growl left her chest as she walked over and engulfed the shaking girl in a hug. “I want you more than you know right now. But I do not wish to take you like this. And I know you do not as well, Ms. Star soccer player.” Her voice was crackling slightly as couldn’t let to much of her true feelings escape. She knew if she were to speak in a certain tone, the omega would react too much.

Yeji got up slowly and let the girl go. She took off her hoodie and slipped it on over Ryujin. “this should keep you safe. My scent is all over it.”

Ryujin blushed as she inhaled Yeji’s scent. The mint was mixed with the musk that the alpha released when they first met. Ryujin could tell that Yeji was going into rut and it was all because of her. Before she could entertain her thoughts more, the door burst open to show a distraught Chaeryoung and Lia.

“Ryujin are you okay?!”

Before Ryujin could react Chaeryoung had her arms wrapped around her. Yeji let out a small growl when she saw this. The two omegas shivered, one quite differently than the other.

“Hey, don’t growl at my Chae! She’s just trying to help!” Lia huffed.

Yeji blushed and mumbled, “Sorry. Rut.”

“Chae baby, you need to get her out of here. Yeji and I will help you. When you get back to the dorms, lock the door and take some suppressants. Stay with her the whole time. This is going to be hard for her since she just met her mate.” Lia softly said to the girl.

Yeji huffed and slowly made her way to Ryujin. “I’ll carry her out, please have a ride ready for these two. No alphas.” The strain in her voice was enough for Lia to nod her head.

 Chaeryoung and Lia quickly left to find a car while Yeji slowly engulfs ryujin into a hug. “Come, it’ll be okay.”

Ryujin nodded into the cusp of Yeji’s neck as she inhaled the scent. Although her senses were in overdrive, Yeji’s scent seemed to calm her down. She kept rubbed her nose to get more of the scent, a slight whine leaving her. She could feel how tense Yeji was as she held her. Ryujin whined when Yeji finally let go of her when they got to the car. Her complaints were halted when she felt a pair of warm lips on hers.

“Be safe. Text me whenever you can. I will be thinking of you throughout this.” Yeji softly said.

Ryujin whined softly wanting the alpha to stay with het but she understood the reasoning. She slowly slipped out of her leather jacker.

With a blush on her face, “Here take this with you. It’ll help you.” She mumbled lightly and bashfully. Her cheeks painted pink. She watched as the alpha’s breath caught as she took the jacker and inhaled the scent. The only sound Yeji made was a small growl as the door was closed and the two were off. She never thought she would encounter her mate at a party. Nor did she think it would be the beautiful Shin Ryujin.

“Till we meet again, my mate.”