001

Exchange

 

 

Me

After Taehyung's very touching tribute to his father I decided to go get some air. I left the building and took a seat on a concrete block. Soon after the said guy came out and sat next to me. 

I pretended to be on my phone then I said, "It was very loving, what you did in there." 

He just looked at me and before we could do anything more we were being pushed by HyunMi. She was putting a table there so she could eat with Taehyung. 

I got up and said, "Oh you haven't eaten yet? I was sure that the most popular girl here had to get her food first. Or was I wrong?" I knew the sass would irritate her, but I loved it.

She scolded me then said, "As long as I get food. I wasn't hungry when they were serving and now I am. Tae, would you be such a sweetheart and get me a drink?" 

"No!" he burst with frustration, "I don't have to do anything for you. I don't want to be with you!" His line of sight met mine with tired eyes.

HyunMi spat, "At least I can help you move up in the world! She's only going to bring you down Taehyung! She's nothing but a low life American.” She spat. Then she added with a smirk. “Isn't that what you said?" 

I looked at him and he could see the hurt on my face. I decided it was time to go back to work so that’s what I did. After finally getting into the building, I didn’t even make it past the stairs when I broke down. I felt a tear run down the side of my face. 

Why was I so worried about what Taehyung thought of me? 


Taehyung

I hated HyunMi for what she said. I didn't bother calling after HaYoung because I knew she wouldn't stop.

I turned to HyunMi and said, "HaYoung can be whoever she wants. She is a better person than you will ever be. Never speak to her or me ever again." 

I left HyunMi to search for HaYoung. I passed by a bouquet and decided to take a rose. Apologies to the florist but it may help me in the long run. After getting into the building and entering the stairway, I heard sniffling. Finding out where she was, I decided it was best to just sit next to her. 

She was crying. Nothing pained me more than to see that. Once I got her to finally look at me, she had a tear running down her cheek. I wiped it off then she pulled away. I put the rose in front of her to see, then she took it. 

She looked at me and asked, "Why would you try to find me?" 

I smiled, "I had to tell you something.” She waited patiently for what I was going to say with her focus on the flower. “HyunMi may say you can't be anything, but there's one thing you'll have that she won't." 

HaYoung looked at me confused. 

"You'll always have me." 

She smiled & I smiled back at her. We got up and I gave her a hug, hoping she could feel what I meant with it. But after she pulled back and I saw her face again, I couldn’t help but kiss her.


Me

I couldn't have planned it any other romantic way. I was upset that HyunMi said those things, but to know that Taehyung actually meant what he said made me super emotional. Once he kissed me, and this is going to sound cliché, but all my worries melted. I was in the moment, so happy to know I was cared about. 

Once we stopped I could feel myself blush so I giggled & sniffed the rose, which smelled amazing. Taehyung hugged me again, setting his chin atop my head.

"Okay are you serious about this? I mean I’m still an exchange student. What's gonna happen when I have to go home and…" 

"Hey," he stopped to look at me, "We'll figure it out. For now, let's just enjoy the moment." 

I would have, if someone from the kitchen hadn’t yelled my name. 

I groaned, "Sorry, the moment is going to have to be cut short. Gotta get back to work." 

We both got up and I was about to book it for the kitchen but then Taehyung stopped me.

"Can I walk you there?" I contemplated it then nodded. 

He took my hand and we made our way there. We got a lot as we passed the dining tables & I could just tell that HyunMi was raging. I stopped in front of the kitchen door, pouted to him.

"I'll see you soon?" 

"See you soon." He chuckled. 

Right before my hand was out of his, he pulled me in for a peck. 


Taehyung

Once I let HaYoung get to work, some of my buddies stopped me.

"Was that a dare or something? Because I thought you were with HyunMi? Or are you under a spell?" They were being extra now.

"No! You guys are crazy!” I laughed. “I love HaYoung and we’re dating now." 

They looked at me with shock & laughed. "Good luck with that, dude! When did you plan on telling her you were royalty? Huh?" 

I hated them for mentioning it, but it was true. I'd have to tell her one way or another, especially before they want the exchange students to go back home.

When I got to my apartment I made an agreement with myself: Tomorrow I would take her to lunch. A picnic! At the park. Then I'll tell her before we get to the main course. It's perfect! I hope she doesn't freak out.


Me

I wondered why Taehyung wanted to talk to me so urgently. 

We met up at the library when he asked, "Hey can I take you out to lunch tomorrow?" 

I smiled and nodded. 

"Sweet! Alright it's just casual, because I need to tell you something important?" 

"Okay. No worries. If it's that important that you tell me, I'll be cool about it."



aand there it is. Quite long for a few scenes in my head. Let me know if you want more!