003

Family

 

Chanyeol POV

I heard all too late that Min Gi and Hyo were coming to live in Seoul again for school.

"Hyung!" I yelled to my manager. "Why didn’t you tell me sooner? Their flight comes in less than an hour!"

"Chanyeol-ah, mianhaeyo. We didn’t know if she really was your cousin or not, you know, because of the sasaeng fans."

"Aish!" I ran my hands through my hair in a frustrated manner.

"Hyung, calm down." Kyungsoo told me.

I pulled out my wallet to see the picture she sent me of her and JinYoo on their graduation day. It was of them doing aegyo, the one thing neither of them would ever do. I was mad but at the same time I understood why I couldn’t find out sooner.

"Wahh~ hyung who is that? She's cute…" Jongin said as he pointed at Min Gi.

"Yah, watch it Kim Jongin! She’s my baby cousin!"

"Bwo? Jjinja?" Tao said in excitement.

"Ne, we were close when we were younger. Don’t try anything funny you guys." I glared at my dongsaengs and hyungs. They all nodded in agreement.

 

YOUR POV

I. Am. So. TIRED! 

We just settled into our new house, which was right in the area I used to live in, so I knew it fairly well. My and JinYoo's family would be living right next to each other. It was nice so then I could get away easy without problems. I went to my room, which was upstairs, and I didn’t have my bed set up yet, so I just grabbed a blanket and laid on the floor. It was only 3pm but if you think about it I lost a day flying. So complicated. Someone came into my room, I didn’t bother to look to see who it was, and they giggled.

"Wow. What happened to you?" It was SeokMin. 

Ugh. I didn’t want to deal with him right now.

"Get out Min-ah. I’m super tired right now." I don’t know what made him finally have a conscience but he left without opposition. I sighed in happiness and went back to my nap.

I was so jetlagged it wasn’t even funny. I woke up from my nap, finding that it was 6pm. What?!?

I got up with all this energy, but I knew by now my family was winding down also. I saw that my bed had been set up in the far corner of the room, frame & mattress. The boxes of my clothes & stuff were in front of it waiting to be opened and organized.

I tiptoed out of my room, trying not to wake up anyone who was possibly napping as well. I got downstairs and found everyone knocked out on the couches that were set up in the living room area. Appa and Hyukkie were sleeping on the one couch, while SeokMin was out on the floor in front of them with his head on a throw pillow. I didn’t know where omma was, so I decided to look while exploring the rest of the house. I heard clanking, in the kitchen area I assumed, so I followed it and found omma putting dishes and glasses away. 

She saw me come in, "Oh Ji you're up? I thought you were going to sleep for sure."

"I don’t think I could’ve slept for that long anyway. I’m so excited to re-explore." I said the last part excitedly but with a hushed voice so I don’t wake up appa and my brothers.

"Well if you have so much energy, you can help me." She said knowing I'd never agree. I made a disgusted face at her suggestion.

 "… or you can organize your room…" I made the same face, or made a worse one if that was possible.

She sighed, "Okay if you don’t want to do any of those, go next door and see if JinYoo's awake and walk around the neighborhood. Make sure you have your phone though." I smiled excitedly at her final suggestion and went to give her a hug.

"Kamsahamnida omma!" I whispered as I left the house, not forgetting to take my phone and my copy of the house key. 

I walked one house over and knocked. Auntie answered, "Oh SeoJi! I didn’t expect you."

"I know, auntie. I’m sorry if I startled you but I wanted to know if Hyo was up to exploring the neighborhood with me. Omma won’t let me go alone…"

"Ne. She is. Come in." I stepped in accepting the invite.

"SeoJi!" I heard a voice yell.

"Well she's definitely awake…" I mumbled to myself as I saw Yoo running down the stairs.

"Did you know our windows face each other?" She asked me when she finally caught her breath.

"Ne. I did." I reply. "Anyways I was here wondering if you want to come with me to do some neighborhood exploring!"

"Omma jeebballl~" Yoo sang to her mom. She nodded reluctantly. We squealed in excitement as she got her main belongings before we left.

We walked for maybe 5 minutes and we came across the park that used to be my favorite spot in the neighborhood. I could tell it was a little bit older, but the city kept it up.

"Ahhh…" I sigh out loud as I pass the swing set, reminiscing.  

"I wonder how Chanyeol oppa is doing?" JinYoo wondered out loud.

"I’m sure he's doing well. Being an idol doesn’t come easy, but I know he's giving 110%." I smiled, having faith in my favorite oppa.


im smh-ing every time i see my romanized hangul >.< for me it's super cringey but maybe for you it isnt...? Let me know~