001

Family

 

2001

YOUR POV

"Yeollie Yeollieyo leeyo…"  I sang as we were going to my cousin's house. 

Chanyeol oppa was his name but I like to call him Yeollie oppa & in return his nickname for me was Jiji. Even though he’s 4 years older than me, we’re really close. Today we were going to visit his family in Seoul and he was going to take me to my favorite park near his house! Or at least that’s what he told eomma on the phone.

When we got to their house, I jumped out of the car and ran up to the front door. It opened, revealing my smiling oppa on the other side.

"SeoJi!!!/Yeollie!!!" We yelled at the same time as we crashed into each other with a hug.

"Oppa bogoshipoyo!!"

"Nado, Gigi, nado."

He offered to carry me on his back before we got into the house and I agreed with excitement. 

My auntie scolded us when we got into the house, "Park Chanyeol! Get SeoJi off your back! Do you want to accidentally drop your cousin?"

He let me jump off his back and we giggled. We were never ones to listen to our parents when we were together. We got in so much trouble all the time.

Before I knew it a couple hours had already passed and it was 1:30pm. 

"Do you want to go to the park now SeoJi?" he asked me. 

My eyes widened in excitement as I nodded my head. He gave me a goofy smile then we made our way toward the living room to tell his and my parents about our outing. The park was only 2 blocks from his house, so we didn't have to worry about going too far. When we got there I immediately made my way towards the swings and sat on one.

"I bet I can go higher than you oppa!" I yelled as I started moving my legs back and forth to get movement on the swing.

"Oh yeah? That sounds like a challenge."

 "It is oppa." I said with a smirk. 

Yea, I was a smart one for a 5 year old. Anyway we did that for a while, with Yeollie beating me because of his unnatural tall-ness. We then played on the various things the park had: the monkey bars, slide, obstacle courses, you name it. Time with him always went by too fast because before we knew it, I saw my dad coming our direction.

"SeoJi, Chanyeol, you guys should come back to the house. We may leave soon okay?" 

The smile I had all day suddenly started turning upside down. I didn’t want to go yet. I loved hanging out with Yeollie oppa, and we didn’t see each other often, though I lived only about an hour and a half away. We all got back to the house and sure enough, we were only there for 30 more minutes than we left.

"SeoJi honey, what would you think if we moved to the U.S.?" Eomma asked out of the blue on the way home.

I shrugged and said, "I'd miss everyone here. I mean Hyo does live over there too so it'd be cool to hang out with her. Why do you ask?"

"Well sweetie…" appa started, “We may have to move there."

My eyes widened. "Bwo?!"

Chanyeol POV

"What?! They're moving? When? Why? Couldn’t I have hung out with Jiji more?" I asked my parents as they told me the sad truth.

I barely saw SeoJi and when I did I treasured every second of it. I was an only child and she was like, no she was, my dongsaeng. I'd protect her from anything and anyone if I had to.

"Did she know about this, too?" I asked appa.

"Anni. I don’t think so. That’s why we met up. My mother isn’t well and she’s in the U.S. She needs to be taken care of and our sister can’t do it alone, so your uncle decided that they should leave."

I started shedding some tears. I was never one to cry but I didn’t know what else to do. I had to accept the fact that it'd be harder to see her but we'd both make it work.


okay well thats the first one...