WHO IS HAYLEE PARK?

PROUD TO BE

 

This is a story about how I met him. How I began to love his world and eventually learn how to love him as how much he loves me. Who am I? Currently, I am no one. Just trying to share snippet of my life that somehow sounds miracolous even to my ears. 

Hi everyone, my name is Park Hyeri or I usually use Hailee Park. My father is a Korean entrepreneur and my mother, my dear mother is an uptight English woman. She is how television series potray of an upperclass lady who would not mingle around and look down on others. My father on the other hand, is a sweet and nice guy who is not always around but still, me and my siblings know he loves us dearly based on the constant texting and video calling he had made. I have no idea how my parents come to love each other because of their different culture and upbringing but I know that eventhough my mother could be an uptight person, she respects and loves appa so much. ( I mean father. We can't called him appa in front of mother). 

I have to admit that my siblings and I have a very easy life growing up with our parents' wealth plus my mother's obsession in making us look as posh as she can (except my brother) but I always feel disconnected with this way of life. Unfortunately for my mother, I prefer my Asian father's side of culture where my granny always fattening us with food and love as much a she can whenever she has the opportunity (which I would like to highlight, not so much). My mother prefer us to be just like herself. I never said that my 

mother's goal is wrong. Look what she has become (a successful lawyer) and look at my sister's achievement in opening her own clinic with few franchises.  

My mother always said that I am my father's child being the youngest and least athletic plus the Asian gene is strong when it comes to me. My straight jet-black hair, no double eyelid and shortness` really makes me blended well with my Korean side. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to learn much of this culture growing up. That is why I am going to return to Korea secrectly in order to pursue my academic. ( I applied to Korean universities without my mother's knowledge. Appa just give his green light and conspired against my mother with me. Well, the perk of being daddy's girl.)

"Appa, my flight is in an hour. make sure mother doesn't know this"
"Dearest Hailee. How many times have we rehearsed this?. Geogjeong hajima. Appa will handle everything here. Go and have your freedom. Dont for get that your cousin will pick you up at the airport" 
"Arasso appa. Oppa already texted me yesterday. He said he is free"
" Okay ttal. Take care send my regards to your haelme and harabeoji. I love you"
"Bye appa. Thanks for everything and I am sorry making you do this behind mother's back"
" Well, at least one of my children follows my footstep. Thus, I have no regret. Saranghae"