Chapter 3

Too deep in the mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy just got home from the airport after bidding farewell to the rest, not long after Irene left. She told them that she needed to rest to recover from jet lag, especially when she needed to attend school tomorrow. Though she could have just started school a day late, she just can’t seem to shake off the excitement to be finally back to where she missed for the past 2 years. But don’t get her wrong, she loved it there in Canada. The people there were nice and amazing, the environment was great and the food, wow it was the best. The new environment just made everything seem so fun, that she tried everything that she could possibly do and even got the many awards within such a short span of time. It is just that, something still felt missing. She can’t help but to realise the difference as to how things were back in Korea, and she misses all her friends, especially that bunch (yermseulrenejoy). But let’s be honest, Wendy already knows that what she misses may not even be how it was last time, given it already has been years and they are no longer in middle school. Despite that, it still does not stop her from anticipating her first day of school.

She stares into the night sky from her bed as a tiny part of her dreads for school to start, she wants to put a complete end to what was pause and she is going to do it once she has the chance. It is just, how does she start? 

Under the same night sky, someone is looking up at the stars, wishing for day to come quickly so as to continue from where things were left off. 

Same sky, conflicting hopes, just how will things go?

 


Fast forward to the next day 

Wendy looks out of the car window as she observes the familiar scenery and the homey vibes the streets and stores give off. A complete contrast to the vibes back in Canada. Soon, she reaches the school gate, a smile creeps on her face as she sees a familiar bunch teasing the oldest of the group by the side of the gate. A warm feeling spreads across her chest as she looks fondly at the sight, realising just how much she had missed them. They promised to wait for her at the school gate to welcome her as well as to ensure that she would not get lost in the school. 

“Bye Ajusshi, I really missed this. Thanks for the ride once again.” Wendy said to her chauffeur, Mr Kim, that is more like her family now. 

“It is my pleasure, glad to have you back Ms Son” he greeted with a fatherly smile. 

“It is Seung wan ajusshi” Wendy whines while looking at him through the back mirror with a pout. 

As he just laughed at her antics while asking her to go to her friends already. Wendy left the car after waving to him one last time. 

---

Joy was the first to spot Wendy approaching them as she rushed forward to embrace her in a rough hug. 

“Aww my number one fan is finally back!” Joy exclaims while tightening her already suffocating hold on wendy. 

“I ca-cant br..ea...'' Wendy struggles to say as taps frantically on Joy's arms. 

But apparently, Joy doesn't seem to get the signal, or rather she just chose to ignore it. She is part of the satan duo after all. 

But all of a sudden, it seems like it is not time for her to die in the hands of Joy just yet as the hold is completely gone and air start to rush into her lungs again. She looks up gratefully at her saviour, only to be met with the cold and indescribable eyes of Irene with Joy within her strong grip. 

“Un..nnie..” Joy whimpers, now it’s Joy’s turn to be tasting her own medicine. 

Irene immediately releases her hold as her face remains unchanged, “enough of all these, let’s go to class now.”

Wendy can only look at Irene back as she internally smiles at Irene's action.

 

 

Irene is internally panicking as did not know what she just did. Her body just moved on its own accord when she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter