end.

7 AM.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

note: I tried my best okay.

 

-

 

"Kim Minjeong, how about you take a break hm?" Aeri uttered as she leaned to the cabinet beside Minjeong's work table.

 

She was working on a draft for the condominium building that is set to be up in Seoul. "Yuna's quite a talker, man, I was barely able to sleep." Aeri yawned.

 

"You only talked last night? Really?" Minjeong's eyebrow quirked up as she threw Aeri a glance before putting her pen down. "That's so not like you."

 

"Shut up, we only talked." Aeri rolled her eyes. "We're in New York, you should take a break from that." She looked at Minjeong's drafts and set them aside in a pile.

 

Minjeong cackled as she left her chair to stretch her arms, she had been sitting for hours and her behind was numb.

 

She let out a long groan before leaning on the railing of their balcony and closed her eyes, letting the night's cold breeze to blow strands of her hair.

 

"By the way, Minjeong." Aeri called her out as she followed after the younger and sat at the chair beside the latter. "Yeji sent me an email this morning."

 

"What email?"

 

"Errr, she's inviting us to come at a little celebration for her shop's anniversary. Thought I should tell you before I accept it."

 

"Shop?" Minjeong frowned as she turned her head and looked at Aeri with a frown, the last time she and Yeji met was only a month ago coincidentally at Macau but the girl didn't tell her anything about a shop. "Isn't she a surgeon?"

 

"Tsk, right, you deactivated your accounts." Aeri snickered and fished her phone from her pocket before standing beside the blonde. "The shop is not solely Yeji's, she share with someone named Joohyun? Yes I think that's the name, Yeji didn't like it at first but Ryujin pushed her into saying yes."

 

"Ryujin haven't changed huh."

 

"Well, Yuna didn't too, it runs in their blood." They snickered.

 

Let's just say it's been about two years since they graduated and since Minjeong left Seoul for Busan and after months got offered a job by her cousin's friend in NYC that lasted longer than she thought but she didn't mind it, she liked it here.

 

She's set to leave for Korea in 2 days, she's only enjoying her break before she go back to her usual schedule. "So, you want to go?"

 

"When is it?"

 

"Well, next week so I don't think it would overlap wtih any of your work and you really need to come- I want you to come, reconcile and make friends for goodness sake."

 

Minjeong just cracked a small smile before leaning at the railing again, right, she cut off every communications from everyone else apart from work and Yizhuo- speaking of Yizhuo.

 

"How's Yizhuo by the way? That smartass isn't replying to me at all."

 

"You expect her to reply to you when you left all of a sudden?" Aeri scoffed. "She's doing fine, had a lilttle problem with finding a job but she's fine now. I think she works at a publishing company now?"

 

"Why do you sound unsure?"

 

"Hello, we literally haven't seen each other for years?" Aeri's eyebrow cocked up. "She doesn't talk much too, I think she's ignoring the two of us."

 

"Well, we did leave her." Minjeong cackled only to fall silent after, time totally slipped off Minjeong's mind.

 

It's been two years since she last saw Jimin too, it wasn't the nights when they talked, it was when they graduated. Jimin looked so happy that day.

 

Minjeong wanted to approach her and at least say congratulations but in the end she just stayed from a distance and only hoped that the wind would let Jimin know about how happy Minjeong was for her.

 

Did Minjeong have regrets? Not at all.

 

Jimin was happy- happier to be exact and that was all that mattered for her.

 

It was tough during the first days, she had argued with herself internally everyday about if she should greet Jimin everytime she'd see her but in the end she's end up making a u-turn and use other students as shield.

 

Minjeong looked really stupid back then according to Aeri.

 

The Japanese female smacked her head so hard the moment she knew about their breakup and cursed the hell out of her for agreeing, Minjeong understands, Aeri has the right to be frustrated because she is the one who brought them together.

 

It was hell but as days passed, Minjeong moved on from what happened and so did Jimin.

 

they moved on and are both happy, that's what matters right?

 

"Come on, you can ask me about her, don't be shy Kim." Minjeong knows that Aeri is smirking towards her.

 

" off Uchinaga."

 

"Aww, Kim is still in love?"

 

"Hey!" Aeri only laughed as she was ready to defend herself from the blonde who shot her glares. "Don't deny, I can see it. Totally understandable tho, your breakup only happened because of wrong conclusions and miscommunications and you ended it in a good way so there are high chances that Jimin is waiting for you like how you are waiting for her."

 

"Stop it."

 

"Stop what?"

 

"Giving me hopes."

 

"Hopes that Jimin's waiting for you?" Aeri's eyebrow cocked up. "Well I wouldn't really because I don't want to see you bawling your eyes out again and being wasted, you keep on dragging me with you." She rolled her eyes before typing something on her phone, it took her a minute before pulling Minjeong beside her and showed her Jimin's profile in Twitter.

 

"But it's Jimin herself that's saying it."

 

 

 

"Care to remind me again why the hell are we taking the flight today when our flight is supposed to be tomorrow?" Aeri was beyond grumpy.

 

she woke up with Minjeong all over her and smacking her awake when she was dreaming of being a part of her favourite movie and now her room is a mess due to Minjeong packing their luggages in early morning.

 

"To save time." Minjeong simply answered, not sensing how grumpy her best friend was as she kept on stuffing clothes in the Japanese's luggage.

 

"And to save us from jetlag too, I have to go to Seulgi's office to drop my draft for the project we have at Seoul."

 

"Really now?"

 

"Why do you sound doubtful?"

 

"With the conversation we had last night and you spending hours on my phone scrolling through Jimin's twitter profile when you could have used your own, of course I doubt your reason."

 

Minjeong pouted, she wasn't lying tho.

 

She really wanted to save time that's why she bought plane tickets last night, she didn't have the chance to tell Aeri because she went to sleep early. A

 

eri only shook her head as she laid down her bed again, watching Minjeong do the work alone.

 

"You didn't answer me last night too."

 

"What?"

 

"Do you miss her?"

 

"The answer is already obvious?"

 

"Then let me rephrase it..." Aeri cracked her knuckles. "Do you want her back?"

 

Minjeong stopped halfway and looked at Aeri who only stared back at her with an eyebrow quirked up.

 

Does she? Minjeong couldn't contain a smile and looked away to continue on packing up their things. Aeri laughed.

 

"Lovesick."

 

"Shut it and help me Aeri."

 

 

 

“By the way, do you still have Chan’s number?”

 

“Why?”

 

“I just have a small favor.”

 

 

Minjeong groaned, she just had a long day.

 

It's been 2 days since she and Aeri came back to Seoul from New York and her cousin already has a pile of projects ready for her when the building that is set to be built in Seoul is not even finalised yet.

 

Her cousin only got away with a grin and excuse that they were still pending and it is up to Minjeong if she'd take them.

 

They had a small catching up talk, they haven't seen each other for years after all.

 

She didn't escape from the teasing of the older about being single for a long time, Minjeong scoffed, what is wrong with being single? Being single means more opportunities into meeting more people.

 

Being single is a good thing.

 

She left the building right after to get something from a nearby shop as gift to Yeji. They weren't really close with each other but the monolid girl did help her a lot especially after splitting up with Jimin.

 

"Let's see." Minjeong hummed, maybe a cake would do? But that is so basic, but then again she's sure that Yeji doesn't care, it's the thought of the giver that matters the most in the end.

 

She brushed her blonde hair back before entering the nearby shop that was not really distant from their building, she remembers going to this place a lot with some of her co-workers during their break times.

 

A chocolate would be good right? It is the latter's favourite after all.

 

She was busy looking around the shop while waiting for the staff who was taking care of her order when her phone rang, Minjeong pulled it out from her pocket and pushed the green button after seeing the caller's I.D.

 

 

[...]

 

"Hey."

 

[...]

 

Minjeong held her chuckle, the other haven't changed huh?

 

"Hello Yizhuo, what's up?"

 

[...psh.]

 

She could imagine how the younger looks at that moment, she was probably huffing and pouting.

 

"Hey." She chuckled. "Sorry for leaving you 2 years ago."

 

[That was so rude of you to leave without a goodbye nor warning you know? You promised to do my research for me after I accompanied you for a drink and then you were gone.]

 

"I know, I'm sorry." Minjeong looked over at the stalls. "It was just sudden and it was a big project too, I couldn't really say no."

 

[I hope you trip right now.]

 

"Come on, I already said sorry." Minjeong snickered. "Do you still need help on that research? I can help you now." She teased.

 

[Psh, anyways. I heard from Aeri that you're coming with her to the party?]

 

"Why are you not calling her unnie?"

 

[She's fine with me not calling her unnie tho. Answer my question.]

 

"Hm, yes. She wanted me to come with her."

 

[Oh? So it's really because of Aeri pulling you?]

 

Minjeong's eyebrow cocked up as she snatched a pack of brownies from the stall and walked back to the cashier. "Yeah, why?"

 

[Nothing~ such a waste that I can't come, I could have gotten the chance to choke you.]

 

"That's so violent of you Yizhuo." She pouted.

 

[You deserve it for ghosting me for 2 years you little fetus, okay bye. Jimin is calling for me.]

 

 

Minjeong snickered after hearing how the younger emphasized Jimin's name, she locked her phone and put it back to her pocket before paying her the goods that she bought.

 

 

"Hey Ryu!" She heard Aeri exclaimed after minutes of dragging her inside the not-so-packed venue, Minjeong was barely familiar with everyone except with the ones that she knows who were obviously her batchmates.

 

one of them was Chaeryeong who had her hair dyed in orange and she would be lying if she say that she didn't move after seeing her, she looks absolutely stunning with that hair.

 

Minjeong was again wearing a flannel shirt, a brown one with a white shirt underneath and denim short jeans that Aeri picked. The Japanese may be a little tired of seeing Minjeong in jeans.

 

"Hey!" Ryujin turned to them with a wide grin, her face a little flushed, Minjeong concluded that it must be from alcohol, she and Aeri were late because of Aeri being picky about Minjeong's clothes.

 

The blonde huffed, it's not like she, Aeri, would be the one to wear them.

 

"Aeri and, Jimin's ghoster." Ryujin laughed. "Just kidding, Hi Minjeong, long time no see?" Her brow cocked up as a smile crept to her face and had her fist up.

 

"Yeah, it's been 2 years." Minjeong smiled back and bumped her fist with Ryujin's.

 

Her hair was shorter than the last time when Minjeong saw her and her hair color too, Minjeong also felt that something about the latter's energy was different from before, must be because they don't have to stress theirselves with school works anymore unlike 2 years ago. "How's life been?"

 

"Oh, it was fine. Had a little problem with a surgery once but good thing I wasn't sued, but I was sure nagged for hours by my superiors. It wasn't really my fault that the medical record was wrong and that the patient was lying at first." Ryujin cracked a grimaced face. "But oh well that was in the past, how about the two of you huh? You left without any traces."

 

"Minjeong dragged me with her." Aeri shrugged and snickered. "And I don't really trust her before, this head was a big mess here, what more in NYC right?"

 

"Oh right..." Ryujin's voice got soft as she remembered something, she cracked an apologetic smile towards the blonde. "I'm sorry for giving Jimin suggestions, I was young and I was just really concerned about her."

 

Minjeong cracked a genuine smile. "It's fine Ryu, it helped me and her so you're good."

 

"Do you mean that if it didn't do you any good you wouldn't be fine?"

 

"Well." Minjeong laughed. "Eventually I will be so you'll still be fine, unclench Ryu, you look like we weren't friends back then."

 

"How is she going to unclench when she's literally the reason why you and Jimin broke up- ow!" Ae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter