yjm.

7 AM.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jimin knows that something was wrong, Minjeong doesn't spam her anymore- she doesn't even start their conversations anymore. These days, it was only Jimin who kept on initiating everything, she's already tired with University s and Minjeong not talking to her was frustrating her.

 

Minjeong would reply, she still does, but her replies were either 30 minutes sent after Jimin's text or hours, the longest time they haven't talked was 2 days and still counting as Jimin zoned out. She had her phone turned off as she had enough of herself checking it every damn minute to see if there was a text from the younger.

 

“Jimin!” She snapped out of her thoughts when Ryujin clapped her hands together right in front of Jimin’s face, enough to make her flinch. Jimin glared at her but Ryujin just smiled before sitting at the table. “I asked, what’s up with you? You look so tired and it’s just 9 in the morning!”

 

“I’m fine, I just had a trouble sleeping.” Jimin yawned, she wasn't lying, she barely managed to close her eyes last night after another mental breakdown.

 

That wasn't like her, she just used to overthink every night, but maybe- maybe the pressure from her course and high expectations of her family added to it that it caused her to break down- and maybe Minjeong was one of the reasons too.

 

She wasn't answering her phone when Jimin called and didn't even replied when Jimin sent her texts, she needed the younger to listen to her- she didn't need her to comfort her, she just needs the younger to pay attention to her like she has always done before.

 

Jimin was clingy, she was always the one to pull the younger in her arms, to cuddle up with her until she falls asleep and loved having her hands held- she loved it when Minjeong would hold her hand and would run circles around her knuckles, it was tickling yet calming at the same time.

 

Minjeong's hands were warm, Jimin loved them.

 

"Did you have a problem with the research?" Ryujin frowned as she ran her hand over Jimin's hair. They were outside as their supposed class was cancelled due to their Professor being absent. 

 

"Not really..."

 

"Figured, you're a smartass after all." Ryujin snickered. "Is it Minjeong then? Don't tell me you still haven't talked, it's been 2 days." 

 

"She's not replying."

 

"Did you try spamming her?" Jimin shook her head, she'll never do that.

 

"Why not?"

 

"I don't want to look annoying." Jimin shrugged her shoulders. "Besides, she's busy too. I understand." 

 

Ryujin quirked an eyebrow up, she wanted to say more but decided to just shut because she don't know the whole story yet.

 

she turned her attention to Yeji and had her explain their recent quiz about Mendel and his experiments. Jimin subtly sighed, her hands are itching, she wants to turn her phone on but she didn't want to be disappointed again, she's sure that the younger didn't send her anything, again.

 

She sighed and had her head down on the hard surface before shutting her eyes, she'll just sleep her feelings away.

 

 

 

Jimin was never used on being alone, especially during night when she's doing her school works. It's 8 PM and usually, Minjeong would call to check up on her and keep the call on going until Jimin is done.

 

She wasn't exaggerating, Minjeong really used to do it a lot, their longest call lasted about 7 hours, weekend and Jimin had a thesis to finish but couldn't because of how packed she was that week. Minjeong even offered to help but Jimin turned it down, the 7 hours call was only hours of Jimin whining and ranting about her professors and Minjeong listening, sometimes even laughing on Jimin's way of lashing out, she was cute- always has been. 

 

Jimin was thinking, should she call her? She sighed and unlocked her phone. Minjeong would answer, right? She did say before that she'll make it up to her soon but she never did- yet Jimin was willing to forget about it if she'll take this call, she badly wants to talk to her, to hear her again after so many days of no communications.

 

It keeps on ringing, it's only ringing. Jimin doesn't understand, she expected that Minjeong wouldn't answer, she expected it already so why is she hurting? It's been days and she should be used to it right?

 

She hit her chest again, an attempt to numb it but it was no avail. Jimin threw her phone away and left her room, her school works, she doesn't have the energy to do them.

 

 

 

Ryujin already said it once. She already said it that Minjeong was slowly slipping away but Jimin would hiss every time she'll bring it up.

 

not because she's indenial, it's because she didn't want to be reminded of it.

 

Minjeong is slipping away from her and she's not doing anything, Jimin knows what to do but everytime she does a move, Minjeong is always not available and is always busy with whatever she was doing and would always say that she'll make it up to her but keeps on breaking her promise as well.

 

Jimin is slowly starting to hate her.

 

Don't get her wrong, she still loves the younger but recently, she's been feeling nothing but hatred towards Minjeong, God knows how much she wants to invade her house and confront her- ask her if she still wants to keep on going with her, ask her if something was wrong, or ask her if she's tired of her. As much as Jimin wants to, she wouldn't.

 

She couldn't take another heartbreak, she couldn't bear the thought of Minjeong saying yes, the thought of her ending everything. Jimin couldn't take those, she's scared.

 

Jimin hates her, but she doesn't want to lose her. 

 

 

 

"Just break up with her." Ryujin blatantly uttered, Jimin froze on her spot while Yeji who was eavesdropping, choked on air. 

 

"What the hell Ryujin?"

 

"What? Minjeong barely talks to her, remember? She doesn't even have that energy around her anymore." Ryujin rolled her eyes, the 3 of them were in the library to kill time. 

 

"What energy are you talking about?" 

 

"You know, that bright energy she has when she's around Jimin, when she talks about Jimin and when she thinks of Jimin. Yeji please, get your eyes out of that damn book for awhile, it's affecting your social life."

 

"I'm failing Biology, can't do that."

 

"That's what you get for always skipping it." Ryujin snickered. "But really Jimin, have you ever thought of it? You know, breaking up with Minjeong?"

 

"Ryujin!" Yeji hissed. 

 

"What?!"

 

"Quiet please!" The Librarian hissed as she rang the bell sitting next to her monitor.

 

Ryujin and Yeji glared at each other before Yeji looked away and faced Jimin instead.

 

"Don't do what this is telling you to." She pointed at Ryujin. "You might regret it."

 

"Why are you making it sound like I want them to break up?!"

 

"You literally said 'just break up with her' earlier blatantly you ."

 

Jimin ignored the two and turned her attention back to her journal, Ryujin's words are ringing in her head and she hates it.

 

Break up huh? that thought never once crossed Jimin's mind.

 

all she was thinking of was just to confront the younger about her feelings and what she plans to do, but break up...Jimin couldn't bear the thought of that happening, but now that Ryujin have said it, she can't stop thinking about it.

 

What if breaking up could make Minjeong finally look at her again?

 

Jimin knew it sounds stupid, it's like she's wanting the younger's attention so bad and she's not going to deny that anymore, she needs the younger's attention, she wants it.

 

She wants Minjeong to look at her again. 

 

"Should I?" The two stopped with their bickering and turned their heads to Jimin with contrasting expressions, Yeji with a disapproving look and Ryujin with a encouraging look.

 

"No! Talk to her first before doing that." Yeji uttered.

 

"Oh shut up Yeji, Jimin needs a break. She's been selfless for way too long,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter