Chapter 2

All the Stars

 

Hanna thought as the young man slide into the back of the car behind her. She felt the smooth black leather on the bare skin of her thighs. She shivered, looking over at him. The man leaned forward, telling their driver to head home. He leaned back, throwing his arm around her and dragging her closer to him. 

"I'm Kai," he said, his name falling from his lips with ease. Hanna looked up at him. She felt the heat radiating from his skin and it caused goosebumps to appear on her arms. Her jacket had been left behind in the club and her skin was bare. 

"I'm Hanna," she whispered. Her voice caught in . 

Kai smiled at her, his mouth wide like the grin of a wolf. If he could, she would bet he would swallow her whole. The alcohol probably dulled the voices of her family, espcially her mother, in her mind. Now all Hanna could look at was Kai, all she could think of was the weight of his arm around her shoulders, the grip of his other hand on the back of her neck. She wanted to kiss him. She wanted the press of his lips on hers. Hanna had never kissed anyone before, not like how she hoped Kai was about to. 

He didn't leave her wanting. 

"Hanna," he whispered her name. "Hanna."

Hanna shivered in his arms. Kai closed his eyes, pulling her face to his. Hanna gasped. Then, before she could think about it, Kai dragged his lips across hers. It was hot. The heavy heat of it was making Hanna's head spin. His tongue s out, brushing across her bottom lip. His hand on her shoulder dropped down, grasping her waist and tugging her up against him. Hanna moaned. opened slightly. Kai's tongue pushed into hers, exploring and touching everything he could.

After that, Hanna's world began to spin. All she could feel was Kai's hand on her body, gripping and grasping at all he could reach. A hand on her thigh, a hand on the back of her neck keeping her lips pressed against his. Then it was on her chest. His touches felt good and Hanna didn't want it to stop. They continued like that as the car drove on, though Hanna couldn't bother to see where it was going. 

Kai dragged his lips away from her, leaving her panting. He came back once more and kissed her deeply before pulling back again. He grinned down at her, his eyes dark and piercing. Kai pulled back from her, leaning over to open the car door. Hanna panted. She felt her chest heaving as if she had run miles. She stared up at Kai who looked back at her still as if he wanted to swallow her whole. 

She kind of hoped he would. 

"We're here," Kai said, his own voice catching slightly. "Come on."

They were in a garage, an apartment garage by the look of it, though it was far smaller than they usually were. Perhaps it was a private one? She wasn't sure, for there were several other luxary cars parked. Hanna looked around as Kai practically lifted her out of the back of the car. He nodded at the driver, who waved. Kai's grip on her waist tightened as he leaned down and kissed her deeply once more. 

Hanna ached for him so much it was beginning to hurt, but she had no idea how to even ask for him.

Luckily, Kai seemed to ache for her too. He dragged her into the elevator. He pressed his wallet against the cardscanner. It blinked green, automatically rising up. Hanna was pressed against the elevator wall, Kai holding her wrists above her head. Kai pressed kisses on her face, her lips, her checks. Then he groaned, dipping down to kiss her neck and chest. The heat burning in her stomach flarred, making her gasp and bit her lips. She glanced down, marveling at Kai's toned chest and strong arms. She wondered, for a brief moment, what on earth he was doing here. Hanna never felt like she was pretty, only that she was okay. She suddenly felt very plain in her little dress and bare arms. 

Kai didn't seem to have any reservations about it though, not when his mouth was on the skin of as if he was dying of thirst and she was a sea. 

"Hanna," he breathed into her skin. "You're so ing gorgeous."

And if Hanna wasn't already falling in love with the way Kai held her that did it. Tears brimmed in her eyes for a moment. She closed them, not knowing what to do. Her face was hot. She was sure it was burning red now, burnt by the heat of Kai's touches. She didn't know what to do, what to say or how to act. This was all new to her. No one had told her she was gorgeous before. Only that she shouldn't dress up or talk to boys. Maybe it was the booze. Maybe it was just Kai. Either way, Hanna felt like she was being brought to a tipping point tonight. Whatever happened next, she wouldn't leave tonight the same. 

The doors opened and Kai pulled away from her. He was panting too now, his lips red. The young man smiled. Then he beckoned her through the doors and into his apartment. Heart pounding, Hanna followed after. It was all she could do. Like a moth drawn to a flame, she could only follow Kai as he brought her into his home. As soon as she crossed the threshold, Kai swept her up into his arms. Cradling her, he carried her straight through the spacious living room and directly into his bedroom. He paused, right before entering it. 

"Are you sure?" he asked, voice rough. 

Hanna swallowed. She banished all thoughts of her past from her mind, focusing only on the piercing and possessive way Kai looked at her. 

"Yes," she whispered. "I'm sure."

He carried her into the bedroom, slamming the door behind them. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So," Soomi asked her, staring at her from across the cafe table. "You ditched Jia's birthday party to go have a one night stand with someone, who you say, is the hottest man on earth. You him, then you leave the next morning before he wakes up?"

Hanna shook her head, wanting to bury herself inside of her sweater and vanish. Even though it was hot outside, she wore a thick turtule neck sweater to hide the dark red marks Kai had left on her. Her fingers brushed against them. Her heart beat a little bit faster when she did, remembering the feeling of Kai's mouth on her pale skin. She had no idea why she agreed to go get a belatedly breakfast with Soomi. Her roommate had been sitting on the living room couch when she walked in, staring at her walk of shame. It scared Hanna half to death, she hadn't been expecting anyone to be up. Turns out Jia had seen Hanna leave and told Soomi she had gone off with a boy. Soomi said she was proud, if shocked. 

"I couldn't help it," Hanna mumbled. "I was too scared."

Soomi leaned back, taking a sip of her water. She raised her eyebrow. Without a doubt Hanna was being judged. Though Hanna knew Soomi had little to no shame and probably wasn't a good indicator of true shame. 

"Of what? Him waking up and realizing how hot you are when you aren't drunk?"

Hanna's face burned red. 

"I'm-" she paused. "I didn't want him to wake up and be disappointed. I also didn't know what to do. How does that work? Waking up in bed with someone you don't even know?"

Soomi shook her head, laughing at her. 

"It's awkward," Soomi agreed. "And maybe you did it the best way. Did you ever intend on dating him?"

Hanna stopped. She frowned, thinking over the question. She hadn't thought that far ahead, she'd only been caught up in the electric moment. Hanna had not dated anyone before. Would Kai even want to date her? It was obvious from his clothing, the car with a driver, and the ing massive apartment in the heart of the night district that Kai was wealthy. Hanna would never have that kind of money and she knew wealth stuck with wealth. She was probably a one-night stand for Kai. One exaclty like he'd had before. Although it made her heart burn at the idea, Hanna knew she was not special. This meeting would be the last time she ever saw Kai. He'd left his marks upon his skin, the haunt of his touch in the ache in her thighs and the heat on her cheeks as she remembered the way he touched her. He'd always be special to her, her very first. 

Hanna smiled a bit, thinking about that. 

"I don't think I did," she admitted. "I just thought he was nice to me."

Soomi laughed. 

"You really are a romantic," she said. "Did you use protection?"

Hanna glanced up in suprise. 

"Protection?" she asked.