Chapter 1

In your arms tonight

 

'I told you, you were going to catch a cold.'

 

Yuju wets a towel and puts it on Eunbi's forehead. The younger girl is laying on her couch with a bad cold. She is groaning and and glares when Yuju nags on her, but the older girl isn't fazed by it because her girlfriend looks like an angry child and not at all intimidating.

 

'I just wanted to see you,' Eunbi mumbles, turning her head away from Yuju.

 

Yuju smiles, watching the embarrassed girl with fond eyes.

 

'Did you miss me?' she asks, a hint of amusement in her voice.

 

Her smile grows when she sees Eunbi's ear become red. She loves teasing the younger girl. She's always so serious, but with Yuju she'd let her guard down and behind that facade was a loud and fun girl who easily got flustered and shy.

 

Yuju reaches out and gently, with the tips of her fingers, forces Eunbi to look at her. The older girl almost let's out a gasp when she meets big, slightly hazy, puppy eyes. Eunbi's cheeks are still tinted red and it takes everything in Yuju's power not to ravish this woman right there on that couch.

 

'I asked you a question, Eunbi,' Yuju leans in and whispers lowly, feeling a sense of pride when she notices the younger girl's breathing become uneven. 'Did you miss me?' she asks again.

 

Eunbi can only nod as she stares into her girlfriend's intense eyes. Eunbi has always loved Yuju's eyes. They were so mesmerizing and bright, anytime she made eye contact with her she either couldn't stop looking or couldn't keep her eyes locked for more that a second.

 

Yuju smiles sweetly and presses her lips on Eunbi's forehead much to the latter's disappointment. Something Yuju doesn't miss when she pulls away.

 

'I'm not kissing you until you're better,' she boops her girlfriend's nose and then stands up.

 

Eunbi whines and holds onto Yuju's sleeve.

 

'Don't leave~' she looks like she's about to cry and Yuju quickly leans down to press another kiss on her cheek, taking her hand in hers.

 

Eunbi wasn't the clingiest person in Yuju's life, but whenever the younger of the two got sick, she acted like she couldn't live without her girlfriend cuddles.

 

This became a struggle after Yuju was away for a few months and Eunbi got the flu a few days after. They facetimed and after a few minutes, the younger girl had become a snotty mess.

 

Now, Eunbi is sick, because she went to visit Yuju on a VERY rainy day. She had to sit outside, because the older girl was not home. Yuju did say she should wait and come with the other girls, but the girl had no patience and ended up sitting on her porch in the pouring rain until she came home and took her inside.

 
 
'I'm just going to get you something to eat. You can't heal on an empty stomach. You know that,' Yuju wants to laugh at the way Eunbi is pouting like a child, but refrains from doing so because she thinks the poor girl might start crying.

 

'Alright...' Eunbi says as she sulks, covering herself fully with her blanket.

 

Yuju shakes her head and kisses the crown of Eunbi's head before leaving.

 

                                                                  ____________________

 

Eunbi wakes up to the smell of soup.

 

She shuffles her way into the kitchen, her blanket wrapped tightly around her.

 

Yuju is humming a song softly and doesn't seem to notice the younger girl. Eunbi thinks she looks beautiful in the soft, warm lighting and a smile creeps onto her face. She carefully walks towards the older girl and wraps her arms around her waist, resting her head on the other's shoulder.

 

'You're awake,' Yuju says as she leans her head against Eunbi's as she stirs the pot of soup.

 

Eunbi hums.

 

'You could've woken me up.'

 

'But you were sleeping so peacefully. I could never.'

 

Yuju turns around and throws her arms around Eunbi's neck. She scans the younger girl's face with a soft smile, tilting her head a little to the side in the way that Eunbi absolutely adores. She inhales sharply when Yuju's eyes lower to her lips. goes dry and she gulps audibly in a failed attempt to moisturize it.

 

Yuju slowly leans in and Eunbi closes her eyes, waiting in anticipation for her girlfriend to do what she was waiting for this whole time. Their foreheads touch and Eunbi can hear a sigh escape Yuju's lips. She opens her eyes and is met with a cheeky smile.

 
Eunbi frowns and looks up into her girlfriend's eyes.

 

'I told you: 'I'm not going to kiss you until you're better,' Yuju brushes her nose against Eunbi's and pulls away. Her smile grows when she sees the endearing pout and frown on her girlfriend's face and her cheek.

 

'After you're better I'll give you as many kisses as you want. Promise.'

 

Just then, the microwave dings and they both turn to it.

 

'What's in there?' Eunbi asks.

 

'My food,' Yuju goes to the microwave and opens the door, reaching inside and holding up a plastic box.

 

Eunbi blinks a few times, staring at the container and back to Yuju.

 

'So,' she starts. 'You're giving me soup while you get takeout for yourself?'

 

Yuju looks at the plastic bag on the dinner table and nods. She frowns when she sees the disappointed almost offended expression on her girlfriend's face.

 

'It's for your health, Eunbi plus I made it for you,' Yuju crosses her arms after putting the container down.

 

'I know~,' Eunbi whines. 'but your soups are... healthy,' she whispers the word healthy like she was talking about Voldemort in Harry Potter.

 

Yuju raises an eyebrows.

 

'That's the whole point.'

 

'They're too healthy!'

 

The older girl rolls her eyes and walks towards Eunbi. She stops in front of her and reaches down to hold her hand.

 

'Fine, I'll give you a few pieces of meat,' Yuju sighs. 'but you're still eating my soup.'

 

Eunbi rolls her eyes, but she can't help but smile brightly as she gets her way. She jumps forward and kisses Yuju's cheek.

 

'I love you!' Eunbi skips away into the living cheerfully as if she was never sick.

 

Yuju shakes her head and laughs. As tiring as it is to take care of a sick Eunbi . She wouldn't exchange it for anything. She loves her too much for that. She loves her so much in fact that she cried everytime the two would facetime. Of course she kept a bright smile on the camera, but once she clicked that red button to end the call, warm tears streamed down face as she quietly sobbed in her hands.

 

But now she is home and she can finally hold her girlfriend in her arms again.

 

'Unnie! Let's watch a movie," Eunbi shouts from the living room.

 

Yuju smiles brightly and responds: 

'Alright!'

 

Before getting some soup for Eunbi and taking her own food to the couch, putting it on the small table in front of them and plopping down next to her girlfriend.

 

                                                                    __________________

 

After dinner, the two girls laid on the couch, Eunbi on top of Yuju as they watched a reality show.

 

Yuju could hear soft snoring coming from under her and smiles. She leans down and gently kisses the top of Eunbi's head.

 

'I've missed you,' she whispers softly in her hair.

 

Eunbi shifts in her sleep and squeezes her girlfriend tighter. Yuju also closes her eyes, intertwining her fingers with Eunbi's and holding onto her hand tightly.

 

Like that, the two girls fell asleep in the comfort of each other's arms.