Silk Scrunchie

The Woman Who Loved Me | bts x oc

“I’ll have a white mocha to-go, please. Thank you.”

 

After spending the whole morning furnishing my place, I decided to drive towards the nearest café from the apartment complex I live in.

 

“Coming right up!” the barista said before scurrying away to make the coffee I ordered.

 

I looked up towards the direction of the ceiling to check their menu. As I scanned my eyes through the ‘brunch’ section, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned to the side and made eye contact with a stranger. Half of his face was covered with a brown wool scarf so I couldn’t really see what he looks like. Despite that, he oddly seemed to radiate a bright aura. I couldn’t help but be felt at ease.

 

“Yes?” I asked.

 

“Is this yours? I think you dropped this.” He answered as he reached out to show me the silk scrunchie in his hand.

 

My scrunchie..

 

My eyes widened in realization and so I immediately reached behind my head to check and true, my hair wasn’t held up in a ponytail anymore.

 

“Oh, thank you!” I gratefully said. “Yes, this is mine.”

 

I gently grabbed the hair accessory from the man’s hand and slid it down my wrist.

 

“No problem.” He said and by the sparkling look in his eyes, I could tell his lips were curved into a smile beneath the scarf.

 

The barista appeared once again behind the counter with my coffee in hand. “Here’s your white mocha, ma’am.”

 

I muttered a thank you before getting my drink. I turned to the man once again and slightly bowed with both my hands holding my coffee. “Thank you again.” And with that, I started walking towards the café’s exit.

 

“Wait!” The man called out.

 

I stopped and turned to him. “Yes?”

 

The man reached for his face and he gently pulled his scarf down to his chin.

 

Wow, he looks… cute.

 

“Have you had dinner?” he asked, smiling.

 

I was taken aback by the stranger’s question. That’s the second time in 48 hours in which someone I just met asked if I had dinner. Plus, it’s 1pm in the afternoon so did he mean lunch?

 

“Uhmmm.. Y-Yeah.. I had samgyeopsal with my family last night.” I awkwardly answered.

 

His smile slowly disappeared along with the positive aura he was radiating. He forced another smile but this time it didn’t reach his eyes.

 

I stood there for a few moments more, contemplating whether I should leave or not because the man couldn’t stop looking at me with a lonely gaze.

 

“I-I’ll go now.. okay?” I asked. I don’t know what has gotten into me that I asked for a stranger’s permission for me to leave.

 

He nodded in understanding. “Yeah, you should. Bye..”

 

I gave him one last smile and pushed the door open.

 

“I’m so glad you’re back, euri dongsaeng.”

 

Okay, for the second time in 48 hours..

 

What the f uck?