Same Flight

The Woman Who Loved Me | bts x oc

 

Passenger Announcement’ 

 

Those were the first words I read on the small tv in front of me the moment I woke up. 

 

A practiced voice of a woman was then heard just seconds later. “Ladies and gentlemen. We have just landed at Incheon International Airport. Korean Air welcomes you to South Korea. On behalf of our crew headed by Captain...”

 

I closed my eyes and exhaled as I chose not to focus on the next words of the flight attendant. 

 

Ten minutes later we were finally allowed to get off the plane. After making sure my valuable things are all back inside my bag, I stood up and slowly followed the line of business class passengers heading for the exit.

 

Noona!” I thought I heard someone yell but paid no attention to it as I don’t know anyone aboard this flight. “Sorry! Oops! I’m sorry, ma’am. Excuse me, sir. Coming thru!” 

 

Huffing and complaints from the passengers behind me were heard and so I turned my head and came face to face with someone very familiar. 

 

I looked up at the messy-haired man who was standing behind me and smiling cheekily, his eyes almost sparkling. It looked like he didn’t bother to fix his hair when we landed as if he was in a hurry. He has a black leather backpack slung on one shoulder with the sleeves of his maroon sweater pulled up to his elbows exposing the Rolex submariner watch around his left wrist.

 

The passenger who was once behind me, the one who he almost shoved away just to get to my spot, just shook his head in annoyance and chose to walk towards the other aisle. 

 

“Are you back for good, noona? I really missed you!” He was so excited that he threw himself at me and gave me a very tight hug. “We were even on the same flight! How amazing is this?”

 

He pulled away still having the biggest smile while I just stood there with my mouth slightly opened in shock and confusion. “Uhmmm..” 

 

Wait...

 

Wait.. I know him! 

 

But not personally to say the least. 

 

He’s one of the members of the Bangtan Sonyeondan, a boy group from my home country that’s currently taking the world by storm. 

 

Wow.. I can’t believe an idol is talking to me right now.

 

But why is he talking to me tho? 

 

Do I look like someone he knows? 

 

I let out a nervous chuckle. “Hi uhmmm.. Do you know me?” I asked instead of the usual ‘Do I know you’ since I already have an idea who he is. 

 

He laughed. “What are you talking about? Of course! How can I forget my best friend's ex-“

 

He paused and scratched the back of his neck as if he’s slightly embarrassed about what he was about to say. I, on the other hand, was just awkwardly smiling at him still confused with our interaction. 

 

He sighed, letting go of what he was supposed to say, and placed a hand on my shoulder. “Hey, you don’t seem happy to see me.” He pouted in disappointment. “I have to admit I’m kinda hurt.”

 

“Uhhh..” I looked at his hand on my shoulder weirdly. “It is what it is.. I guess.”

 

He nodded in understanding and rambled as if it’s the most normal thing. “Listen, noona, I really wanna hang out with you so bad but I badly need to catch up on sleep. We must see each other once our schedule’s cleared though! What do you think? I’ll video call! Or maybe one of these days I and the boys will visit your apartment to chill just like old times?”

 

“Uhhh, okay??” I said but I doubt he heard me. 

 

He then started heading towards the plane’s exit with me slowly trailing behind him, still keeping a safe distance.

 

We exited the plane and entered the tube that connected the aircraft to the airport. He was talking to the man who I assume was his manager or assistant and he was looking behind him from time to time to smile at me as if he was making sure I was always behind them.

 

Just as we were exiting the tube and were already headed towards the terminal, he suddenly stopped in his tracks as if he had just remembered something. 

 

He turned to me with a determined look on his face. “Suyi-noona..”

 

I froze.

 

What the fu ck? 

 

How does he know my name?

 

“Uhh.. y-yeah?” I asked, puzzled, and almost creeped out as fu ck. 

 

He looked at me intensely. “Have you had dinner?”

 

“Uhhh.. I had butter crust codfish.” 

 

Why I still answered his question with him being weird and all, I don’t even know. 

 

That’s when his facial expression changed into horror as if eating codfish is a criminal act. He gulped and looked at the terminal’s carpeted floor as if he’s too scared to look at me. I saw him running his hands through his hair in defeat.

 

“Fu ck..” he whispered to himself, still loud enough for me to hear. 

 

Huh?

 

He slowly took careful steps toward me. “Noona..” his voice was shaky and he was choking back tears. “Do you even remember my name?”

 

“You’re J-J...” 

 

! I don’t even know his name. All I know is he’s a member of BTS. 

 

All I’m sure of is that his name starts with J. 

 

Oh my god. Wait, why is he tearing up? What did I do?

 

I spoke in panic, “You’re... uhmmm...” 

 

“I’m what?”

 

Shi t.. I don’t know!

 

“...Bangtan Sonyeondan.” I said.

 

And with that, he clenched his jaw and bit the insides of his cheek as if he’s holding back tears. He nodded his head in defeat and started walking backward. He lets out a fake laugh. “Bangtan Sonyeondan..” he repeated to himself, sarcasm evident in his tone. “Sure, Han Suyi. Sure.”