superlove

superlove

1.

minju’s face lights up, a grin splits her lips, and finally, chaewon decides it was worth it.

“how are you here already?” minju asks, leaning against the door, she waits for her to shimmy the snow off her coat and come inside. see, when you’re a superhero, anything is possible. the words are on the tip of her tongue, but the look in minju’s eyes deters her. 

“you told me to hurry!”

her coat is thrown on the couch and she settles on the blankets strewn across it. there are two mugs of hot chocolate (she assumes because this is minju we’re talking about) on the table. chaewon is hurried off the couch as a search effort for the remote is made.

“did you run here or something?”

“and not slip on the ice outside? no, just called a cab.”

‘SuperGirl vs. Black Mamba’ was their viewing for the night—it’s the monthly superhero versus supervillain battle slash episode slash government-sponsored money grab that minju makes a thing out of every month. 

“found it! ugh, it’s so annoying to have to search for it every time.”

so, chaewon collapses back onto the cushions and minju follows. the blankets are draped over them and the cheesy intro plays. she reaches across minju’s shoulder for her mug, minju elbows her core by accident, and the cringe from seeing herself on screen fades into pain from the soreness of her muscles.  

“what’s wrong?”

“nothing, nothing—just, uh, worked out too much yesterday.”

“this is why i tell you not to overdo it. consistency over intensity, babe… consistency over intensity.”

“i heard you the first time, coach.” she gets a frown and shrugs. “it kinda hurts when i breathe, though.”

minju slips a hand under her shirt to touch her skin, pressing at her stomach. “ow, ow, ow. please stop,” chaewon places a hand over hers and the pokes at tense muscles turn to soft . “it’ll be alright.”

her body was already wrung out from having to prep for the fight this month. for some reason, Black Mamba deviated from the script and went too hard on her (she thinks it’s because their last fight was kind of an embarrassing loss for the supervillain and this was their way of taking revenge). chaewon knows it’s nothing she can’t handle but still. it was her third fight this year. there’s only so much a superhuman can take. 

it’ll be alright though, she knows. it’s probably because of her superhuman genes but she swears spending time with her girlfriend manages to take the pain away in an instant. minju gives her a small smile and she remembers to take in a breath. “mhm.”

two small pats and she turns, hitting the play button. 

somewhere in the middle of the episode, when minju gushes over the newly added multi camera shots and Black Mamba’s new moves, when she consciously notices the pain has disappeared like it never existed, she decides once again. 

walking would’ve taken half an hour. minju’s apartment is too close to take her car out for. besides, she wanted to be here as fast as possible.

despite the body aches and the risk of being seen and getting fired from her job—after the constant deliberation while getting smothered by wet snow and tiny water droplets on the way, still, flying here was worth it.

 

2.

they really shouldn’t be here but minju, being the superfan she is, insisted on seeing the reconstruction of where the last fight was.

would they get in trouble for trespassing?

yes. 

however, chaewon told eunbi that they’d be coming in advance, so they’re good. SilverWitch is overseeing the site because she wants it to look ‘cooler’ for next month. minju seems to fancy the threat of being thrown in jail. chaewon doesn’t question it. 

“i guess they didn’t clean up this place yet.” she states, kicking a stone to the rubble. minju tugs on her arm and points to an overturned jeep, deformed and charred. “hey, remember how SuperGirl managed to catch that jeep while fighting off BlackMamba’s snakes? she must have insane strength to do something like that.”

“well, duh.” 

that was one of the moves chaewon did not appreciate in the least. if she was a second late then there wouldn’t be a SuperGirl for minju to sing praises of.

“you think you can move it?”

chaewon doesn’t like anything about the look on minju’s face. it’s haughty and provoking and she knows minju is going to bet on it. she keeps her gaze incredulous, though it doesn’t help much.

“come on, you’re down two points from me. don’t you wanna catch up?”

“two? the time you said i’d fall off riding yena’s bike doesn’t count.”

“it does! we bet on it, remember?”

“sweetie, a bet is when both of us come to an agreement on what we think is gonna happen. it’s not when you shout out what is about to happen right before it happens.”

“okay, whatever. you’re still a point behind me though.”

“god—so i just have to move it, right? even by an inch?”

“yup.”

with great power comes great responsibility, of course. with great power should also come the ability to control it in key moments like this. minju eggs her on earnestly as she tries to remember how a normal person acts in this kind of situation. she feigns a strained expression and tenses her arms for show.

superstrength was one of the first powers chaewon discovered she had. it wasn’t exactly a huge revelation: lifting and moving things around was just easier for some reason. only after she was scouted by the government did she realise her ability to beat anyone in a game of arm wrestling was a result of her being superhuman. 

if there’s one thing she learnt from the ‘training course’ forcibly taught to her after she was scouted, it’s that the best power you can have is knowing how to hide your powers. those days of eunbi’s chiding on her fragile teen conscience come to mind. she remembers to let out an exaggerated grunt.

then, something that’s not supposed to happen happens. 

the jeep had to move only by an inch. an inch. any more than that meant eunbi taking her phone away for two days (yes, she’s still traumatised,) and any less than that meant losing to minju. it moves forward by a thumb, turns almost fifteen degrees, chaewon looks at her girlfriend with the most stupefied countenance she can manage. when she’s met with shock,  fear seizes her heart.

“wow! i didn’t know you were that strong!” minju says, dragging out the ends of the words as she makes her way over to the rubble. she looks far too elated than what the situation demands. chaewon finds it a bit suspicious. 

“are we sure it wasn’t the, wind or something? ice helps with easing the friction too…”

while she stays alert for any doubt filling the space between them, minju lightly punches her arm. “well, maybe all that weight lifting is paying off.” 

“ha, maybe…”

the score is 23-22 (not counting the bike fiasco) and she’d goad about it but minju’s nonchalance worries her. chaewon tugs on her hand and chuckles awkwardly. “they might make these easier to lift for the heroes and villains, y’know. maybe they’re not as strong as we think they are.”

“you won, chae.”

“i know! i know, but still.”

“i think they might even be stronger for what we know. you’d be surprised to know just how they have to actually suppress their powers.”

“really?”

“yeah, i saw it in a documentary.” 

chaewon hums, not pausing to recall what documentary minju talks of.

(she knows power suppressing exists but she does not remember that it’s supposed to be confidential information.)

her win means nothing more than having to host their monthly watching next month. she’s excited for it this time because the next fight is nako’s—and it’s definitely more fun to watch when she isn’t the one being beaten up on the screen. 

 

3.

“...i told you so! hoyeon does half the work you do anyway. you deserve it! yeah, yeah. okay, i’ll call you later?”

“—was that minju?”

“yeah. she called to tell me about her promotion.”

“oh.” eunbi hums as she places a stack of papers in front of her. work is somewhat fun when she’s preparing for a fight. she forgets she has a boring desk job when she’s not. 

“what’s this?”

“it’s info on the match next month.” the woman leans against her desk, pointing at a heading in bold font. “they’re sending Azure this time. we don’t have to worry about a win—you know nako’s whole thing with her, arch nemeses for years, obsessing over each other’s moves and all that. it’s just that there’s this thing.” 

“what is it?”

her chair is spun till it’s facing the other side and pushed towards eunbi’s desk. the woman tells her to wait when she probes for an answer again. chaewon pretends not to notice the wallpaper of SilverWitch back in her prime on the woman’s desktop. she opens an email, waiting for her to read its content.

“so... what does this mean? what kind of renovation are they talking about?”

“see, you know we’ve been going through a series of losses. you losing, unsurprisingly, left a huge blow to our image. the city council doesn’t want the superheroes to be portrayed as lesser than the supervillains so after some meetings with corporate, they’ve decided to introduce some changes from this month.”

“is it really that bad?”

“yeah. public approval is nose-diving and they don’t want to see an all-time low. there’s no script anymore, no practice match, no seeing each other before the filming, just more unpredictable, to keep the show going. i swear hyewon has a whole team of analysers just to get the upper hand but whatever. it’s going to benefit us, i swear.”

“oh, okay. we’ve got to prepare nako for it then. have you told everyone yet?”

“one more thing.” eunbi scrolls down and looks at her. “your next one’s in two months, so, after this month.”

“what? i only lost because they didn’t follow the script, and you tell me to follow the script no matter what. how is that my fault? i can’t—i cannot go through a month of preparation again.”

the woman places a hand on her shoulder and squeezes. “listen, chae. you know how much the people love SuperGirl. we don’t want them thinking one of our best heroes is out of shape, right? it’ll be an easy win for you. trust me on this.”

“no, i really don’t—”

“let me finish. you’re going up against a rookie, okay? they’ve been trying to scare us saying it’s a monster rookie or something but they won’t stand a chance against you. right? besides, we’re thinking of developing another one of your powers. like a nice surprise for them.”

chaewon raises a brow. eunbi pulls a stack of papers from the corner of her desk, flipping through them. she points at a bullet point and taps. 

“no, no, no way. you know i’ve tried experimenting with heat vision before and i can’t control it.”

“oh, come on! it’ll be the reveal of the century. having this on top of all your other powers—you’re gonna make history!”

“but—!”

“no buts! you don’t really have another choice, chae. the future of superheroes is in your hands. and hey, you’re getting a new addition to your supersuit! who wouldn’t want goggles as part of their costume!”

“just because you had them doesn’t mean i have to,” 

unfortunately, SilverWitch is past her prime and lives vicariously through SuperGirl, so the goggles will be part of her supersuit. it’s not that eunbi thinks she’s a washed-up superhero, it’s just that she’s always wanted chaewon to reach her full potential. there’s also the decade long rivalry she has with hyewon, her counterpart for the supervillains, that drives her passion to win. 

SuperGirl would be nowhere without eunbi’s help, so she resigns herself to the woman’s wishes (after negotiating a couple more changes to her supersuit and a raise).

 

4.

do superheroes really care about fighting crime and saving the day? no. while some might want to make the world a better place, swoop in to round up the bad guys and rescue civilians, the police force exists for a reason. it’s when the police can’t get to a robbery fast enough or when they overestimate their abilities to deescalate that the superheroes get called in.

that happens more frequently than the police would like to admit, so they have a little schedule for civilian duty at the office. it’s jaehyun’s duty this week so when she gets the call for reinforcements, she redirects it to his office. the call re-redirects to her because jaehyun is on leave and her name is after his on the roster. 

chaewon is not particularly fond of the saving the day bit. getting an old woman her purse back or getting cats out of trees is not fun. people are grateful after she saves their lives but the attention gets tiresome after a while. it’s only the least bit of altruism that kept her from becoming a supervillain.

begrudgingly, she puts on her supersuit. yellow bands at her wrists and waist and in an obnoxious pink, the spandex hugs her skin. (she did not get to add a few changes to her supersuit).

just before she’s about to leave, eunbi forces her to wear her new eyepiece. it’s for the intrigue, she says, you won’t end up taking it off anyway. 

 

on an ordinary day, chaewon wouldn’t mind going on civilian duty. she can deal with a robbery at the local superstore. there might be too many robbers for the police to deal with—for a superhero, though, it’d be a walk in the park.

but today is not an ordinary day. it has not been an ordinary week or an ordinary month. 

everything’s been terrible. the day, the week and the entire month. the pressure on the superheroes to get a win is immense and the pressure is all on her shoulders. 

nako ended up losing to sakura. now she has to bear the brunt of everyone’s expectations and get them a win against an opponent she knows nothing about. 

what makes everything worse is minju’s promotion. 

yeah, minju has been looking forward to it since forever and it’s a huge leap in her career but her job’s been so, so demanding. they didn’t do their monthly viewing last month. their schedules never match up that it’s hard to even see each other. minju cancelled their plans at the last minute because her boss wants her to work overtime for the third time this week. 

the point is it’s hard. a superhero saving the day in a bad mood is no better than a supervillain. 

there are some sighs of relief when she enters the store, some oohs and ahs as she beats the bad guys up and pins them down until the police come to arrest them. the civilians clap for her, then for the police that arrive five minutes later. 

while she watches them being taken away, a manager comes up to her and whispers that one of the guys is missing, that something of a hostage situation happening in aisle five. why didn’t you tell me before, well, i didn’t want to make a scene out of it. 

aisle five is soaps, shampoos, body wash and minju. minju? minju stands with her arms folded as she watches the missing guy squirm on the floor, wrists and ankles not exactly tied but kept pinned together by some sort of invisible force. “hey!”

in an instant, the man seems to be freed from his bounds. the shock on minju’s face definitely does not live up to the shock on chaewon’s. the woman is about to excuse herself from the situation when SuperGirl calls for the police, but the superhero instructs her to wait.

“what were you doing to that man?”

chaewon tries her best to pull off a superman pose. it must be intimidating because minju seems too terrified to even answer. she clears and recalls the questionnaire she was forced to memorize when she first started working as a superhero. “have you perceived yourself as being superhuman at any point in your life?”

how could chaewon have missed something like that? could minju really be superhuman without her knowing all this time? “has the government approached you concerning such issues before?”

silence, the woman looks on at her, debating an answer. SuperGirl drops her super pose and adopts a more cordial stance. “hey, whatever you say stays between you and me, okay?” 

it really shouldn’t but chaewon thinks she can make the exception for minju. 

“what’s with the glasses?”

“uh…” self-conscious, she fiddles with her new eyewear. “that doesn’t concern you.”

“oh.” minju gives her a sputtered nod. she resumes her pose.

“do you remember anything like this happening before? like your body acting against your will, out of self-defence or anything of the sort?”

“i…” a step closer. she wants to take a step back but that’s not a very superhero thing to do.

“i’m so sorry,” minju says. she stares on confused as her face is cupped with both of minju’s hands. the apologetic look on her girlfriend’s face is the last thing she sees before she passes out.

 

-

 

“how can you not remember what happened?” 

eunbi is livid and talking to a livid eunbi is one thing chaewon hates the most. she sighs and pinches the space between her brows. “i don’t know, okay? i just can’t remember.”

“let me get this straight—you remember getting the call and flying to the store and entering, but you don’t remember fighting the robbers and waiting for the police to come? do you really not remember?”

“i told you that i don’t!” the woman frowns, rolling her eyes. “i just find it hard to believe.”

“it is what it is.”

“what do you think happened?” 

“maybe the supervillains planted someone in the store. or maybe they staged this whole thing,”

“hyewon…” eunbi shakes her head with a disapproving tsk. “how on earth did they erase your memory, though? how do they have their hands on that kind of technology…”

“well, maybe… it’s not that deep… if there was a supervillain at the store then why didn’t they just wreak havoc or something… it’d be much more damaging to our image than SuperGirl faints at supermarket after minor robbery . y’know, never seen before supervillain takes down SuperGirl.”

“i don’t know… maybe, maybe this is what they want. they just want to distract us with this obscure event. let’s just leave this behind and concentrate on next month. you know you have to win, right?”

“yes, you can’t let hyewon have this one, we can do it, we can.”

chaewon gives the woman an awkward smile, avoiding the competitive spirit emanating from her. her bones feel like they’re being crushed as she tries to return the grip eunbi has on her hand. another reason why being a superhero is hard: you have to deal with overzealous superheroes wanting to relive their prime as they force you to achieve their dreams.  

 

(the one time she doesn’t).

it could be that chaewon’s just too familiar with her but it could also be that her supersuit just majorly . there’s no two ways about it. everything about it screams minju from a mile away. why would anyone think a domino mask serves its purpose at all? she can clearly see the worry paint itself across her face. 

it feels like some sort of bad joke is being played on her for the funsies but the longer they stand behind the camera waiting for filming to start, the harder reality seems to sink in.

“this is ridiculous,” she says and minju — not minju, but Erinyes turns sharply to face her and tilts her head in such a minju way. “hm?”

isn’t it too obvious?

chaewon can see the way her brows rise. she knows Erinyes is waiting for SuperGirl to repeat whatever it is she said and it’s just so ridiculous. the thing is, chaewon has been a superhero for seven years: she knows when to bring out the SuperGirl persona and when to be regular old chaewon. there’s barely any similarities between her identities, so minju can’t be blamed for not piecing things together. 

she, on the other hand, should’ve noticed this earlier.

“minju,” she breathes, motioning to eunbi to cut the cameras and ignoring the pointed looks thrown her way. with minju’s hand in hers, she teleports them to her dressing room. 

“min, it’s me.”

chaewon takes her mask off, panic settles in her stomach in the silence that follows. she’s imagined how minju would react when she broke the superhero news to her before. breaking the news to her monster rookie supervillain girlfriend, however, isn’t really something that’s crossed her mind.

“oh my god.”  

more or less, it goes how she expected it to. shock, bewilderment, surprise; minju finds the nearest chair to sit on and stares blankly at the floor. a minute passes before she places a hand on the woman’s shoulder, sighing. “say something?”

when they lock eyes, chaewon holds in a breath. “i... can’t believe i’m dating SuperGirl.”

 “and i can’t believe you’re a supervillain,”

laughter breaks out and minju gives her a guilty smile. “i mean, how are you, of all people, a supervillain? it doesn’t make sense at all.”

“it’s a long story.”

“well, can you freeze time?” she grabs a chair across from minju to sink into. the supervillain (apparently) chuckles, shaking her head no. “then they can wait.”

“are you sure? because i’m pretty sure my boss will lose her —she’s been really keen on me winning, you know.”

“god, hyewon was the one overworking you these past two months. she’s just, don’t mind her. you know she has this stupid rivalry with SilverWitch, right? they’ve always been like this.”

“hates her with a burning passion.”

“mhm. so is this why you’ve been obsessed with SuperGirl lately?”

“...how else would i win against someone like her—… you? i was analysing every single one of your sightings, fights, and whatever. everyone at my company put all their hopes on me and i couldn’t let them down…” 

chaewon hums, holding out a hand for minju to take. leather meets spandex, she tries to lock their fingers together. “so were you the one who erased my memory that day? at the supermarket?”

sheepishly, the woman smiles at her. “yeah, sorry about that. i kind of had to. the only advantage we really had was you not knowing your opponent beforehand, so…”

“that’s one hell of a superpower.”

“nothing compared to yours, though.”

“nah, there’s a reason everyone was so confident in pitting you against me, right? what is it? do you have like, i dunno, godlike powers or something…?”

“um…” she starts off shakily, “i’m like a psychic of sorts? y’know, mind control, telekinesis, telepathy, all that.”

“woah, really? wow.”

“i only found out last year.”

“before we started seeing each other?”

“a little after. one day i just started hearing all these random thoughts in my head and i informed the city council of it. they decided being a supervillain would be a better fit for me. my powers are too sinister for a superhero, so.”

“you what? you turned yourself in? only you would do something like that… if i hadn’t been discovered as a teen, i would’ve never told anyone about my powers.”

“whatever.”

“wait, so can you read my mind?”

“i could if i wanted to. honestly, i think i couldn’t hear yours that frequently because you’re superhuman, but still. you really liked me a lot,”

“that’s embarrassing,” embarrassed, chaewon kicks minju’s feet under her chair and a game of footsies ensues. she almost forgets about the impending fight they have to fight until there’s a bang on the door interrupting them. “she’s going to break the door down.”

“wait, can you see into the future too?”

“no, i can just—” very gently, the door to her dressing room comes off its hinges and eunbi emerges, “—read her thoughts… she’s very mad at you, by the way.”

“what the are you doing, chaewon?” 

the murderous look on the woman’s face morphs into confusion, she subtly points at minju who turns in her seat to wave. 

“eunbi! this is my girlfriend, minju—or, er, Erinyes, i guess.”

she huffs, eyes clouded with disbelief. chaewon is beckoned over to her standing. eunbi starts whispering. “what did i say about sleeping with the enemy?”

“i didn’t know she was a supervillain! she didn’t know i was SuperGirl either! right, min?”

minju nods. 

“that’s sweet... so... minju... if you really loved chaewon you’d give this win, right? it’s just that she’s been so bent on winning this time, if she lost it’d break her heart. right?”

“what are you talking about? no, it—”

“but i need the win too. you know no one’s career goes well if they start off with a loss… maybe we should just do it fair and square…?”

“but i don’t want to fight you!”

“so what do we do then?”

“i think i’ve got an idea…” eunbi looks at them pensively. she fears the ideas swirling through the woman’s head, and minju doesn’t give away what she might be thinking of. “minju, can you call hyewon over?”

 

5.

“can we start watching now?”

“wait, my back still hurts.”

“leaving my hands on your back isn’t going to speed up the healing process, you know.”

“your hands are warm. it feels nice.”

“ugh.” minju rises from the straddle on her waist and forces her legs up with a flick. “where’d you keep the remote?”

chaewon stretches her legs back onto the couch, watching her ransack through her furniture.

“i dunno.”

“it’s under you, get up already!” she pushes herself off the cushions and the remote is taken from under her. when she’s about to lie down again, her shoulders are swarted till she’s sitting up.

“min, we’ve been over this already—what did we say about using powers at home again?”

“um, use them because it’s just you and me anyway?”

“no—! don’t use them because i don’t want you to read my thoughts!” minju rolls her eyes, making space on the couch until they’re leaning against each other. she says she doesn’t want to read her mind anyway and she tries not to take offense to that. 

if only of them had the power to manipulate fire or heat or something of the like. it’s cold, she doesn’t have enough blankets in her apartment, so they end up snuggling into each other. after hitting play, minju holds on to chaewon’s cold hands and tries to stop her fingers squirming from the cringe of seeing herself on screen.

it’s the second installment of their ‘renovated’ episodes, after the nako and sakura one. each of them gets a personal twenty minutes showing their preparation, explaining a bit of their background, how they feel facing their opponent without a picture of who it is. the repeated emphasis on minju’s debut being against a seasoned superhero-like SuperGirl is kind of annoying, but they needed to intensify the stakes somehow. 

“i can’t watch this part,” chaewon announces, hiding her face behind minju’s back. minju nudges her with her shoulder, insisting she watches. “it won’t be as bad as you think it’ll be. i didn’t act that well either, come on,”

“...fine.” 

“i don’t think i can fight this time,” SuperGirl says, lowering the camera pointed at her. the scene switches to a wide angle shot with both the superhumans in the frame. Erinyes looks to a point behind the camera in confusion. 

“SuperGirl, what are you doing?” an off-screen voice exclaims, affronted. the two stare at each other for a beat, the camera pans to Erinyes. “don’t tell me…”

“i can’t—… how could i, how could i fight the love of my life?” 

in astonishment, the camera wavers for a split second. the off-screen voice is taken aback. there’s whispers and gasps and the two superhumans close the gap between them. 

“is that really you…?” the supervillain whispers. SuperGirl makes a show of taking her mask off as the scene shows the back of her head. a leathered hand comes to caress the superhero’s face. “it’s me, [bleep].”

in panic, the crew filming drops the camera when Erinyes takes off her mask as well. harsh directions and orders are being given to the backdrop of two pairs of feet running to the superhumans in the middle until the screen goes black. 

“pause... pause, already. i need a minute.”

they stay silent, trying to digest the image of themselves on screen, acting. chaewon takes a look at minju and laughs. “‘is that really you…?’” 

“oh, shut up,” minju shoves her legs off to the side. she brings them back up, still snickering to herself. “no, but you did a pretty good job.”

“you too, SuperGirl. and see, it wasn’t that bad, was it?”

“it was still cringey, but yeah. it went a lot better than i thought it would. i can see why eunbi was so adamant while filming now,”

the rest of the episode is just the crew explaining why the fight hadn’t commenced after they had left the set. they reveal that SuperGirl and Erinyes are lovers in the ‘real world’ and that they had been keeping this secret of being superhuman from each other for the longest time. the narrative of their love being taboo seems to be spun but it doesn’t really go anywhere. 

there’s a card explaining how they ‘wouldn’t film the fight because the thought of fighting each other was unbearable’ and ‘refused to film a follow-up to the fight because they needed time to accept this new information’ near the end, leaving the two of them confused. the episode concludes by classifying the match as a tie. superheroes, 5; supervillains, 6.

“why’d they cut the last scene out?”

“well, it was a bit too much.”

minju gasps, appalled. “no, it was not. it was cute. people would love it.”

“i would hate it. besides, i think they plan on making a follow-up to this episode. how often do you come across a superhero and supervillain in love, right. they’re going to profit off it as much as they can.”

“hm, i guess so. hyewon told me to be prepared for whatever the fallout from this is. i can’t believe they cut the scene out, though. i really wanted to see it.”

“why? i’m glad they cut it out… i couldn’t put myself through saying that again.”

“oh my god, chae. don’t you superlove me?”

“of course i love you. superlove is just the love between superhumans anyway, do i need to specify that?”

“no, you’re missing the point. love is just ordinary love, nothing special to it. superlove, though, it’s beyond love. it’s special. it’s extraordinary. it’s... superlove. do you get it?”

minju stares on, waiting for a response. there’s a glow in chaewon’s eyes she’s never seen before. it might just be the after-effects of perfecting her heat vision, but still. “yeah, that seems like a better explanation.”

“everyone’s going to be saying it from now, just you wait.” 

so, after contemplating whether to replay the part with their acting or not, they decide to find a new show to watch. idly, chaewon browses through the different catalogues of shows. idly, minju watches her, declaring out of the blue. 

“i superlove you.”

chaewon sighs as a grin splits her lips. in that moment, she decides it’ll be worth it.

“fine, i superlove you too.”











 


-

i've been trying to write a superhero au since forever and none of the previous drafts ever went anywhere but this one did and it's not bad actually
the description doesn't make complete sense when you consider the whole fic but oh well
this one is dedicated to my bestest friend you are finally (almost) free i am so happy and glad for you everything will be alright jilysm <3 !!