- 12 - Never Quit

The Transfer (RV Version)

----- Dec. 28 -----

When Irene wakes up, she's surprised to realize that she and Wendy had practically switched positions. Now, her head was lying on Wendy's shoulder.

"Good morning," the Ravenclaw greets her once she has noticed Irene's eyes start to open. "Did you sleep well?"

"I slept great," Irene decides to say. It was true, but at the same time she remembers how she had trouble falling asleep. "You're really comfortable. How was your sleep?"

"I try to be," Wendy jokes, then kisses the top of Irene's head, bringing a small smile to the Slytherin's face. "You made sleeping quite comfortable for me too."

Now becoming a bit more conscious, Irene reaches up to rub her eyes a bit then glances at the window as she sits up. "Why aren't we moving?" the Slytherin asks as she notices that the train is currently sitting idle at a train station.

"They announced that there's going to be a delay for about an hour or two," Wendy looks at her phone to check the time.

Irene nods at the explanation. After a few moments and having time to get her head and mind straight, she sees the delay as the perfect opportunity to get yet another answer to one of her questions. The night before, she couldn't stop coming up with potential reasons that Wendy would want to get closer to her. Some were good, some were bad and that was why Irene struggled to fall asleep.

Seeing that Wendy was still on her phone, she pokes the girl's cheek to get her attention. Wendy does a small jump in her seat then looks at her softly, momentarily causing Irene to forget what she was about to say, "What's up, baby girl?"

"I know this may seem random and we both literally just woke up, but I just have to ask..." Wendy waits for Irene to continue. "Why did you want to pretend to be in a relationship with me?"

The question was clearly heavy and unexpected as she visibly sees Wendy's facial expression shift, almost to a slight frown as she breaks eye contact with her. She watches as Wendy looks down and starts to fiddle with her hands. The silence was killing Irene and after what felt like forever, Wendy finally spoke up.

"I told your dad about it," Wendy starts and Irene's eyebrows knit together at the random comment. "That morning when your dad was giving me 'the talk,' I told him that we weren't actually together. That our relationship was for show and not real."

Irene's jaw drops. "Wendy...," she trails, unsure of what to think.

"It was obvious to me that he cared for you a lot. Oddly enough at the same time, even though we literally just met, your dad made me feel cared for too. He made the atmosphere feel so... accepting. Although, he did try his best to do the whole 'intimidating dad' thing," Wendy chuckles. "So, for some reason I couldn't bring myself to lie to him. I told him the truth about us and gave him the best answers I could when he would question me. By the end of the conversation, he was cheering me on, us on," Wendy pauses, a smile gracing her face at the memory.

"When we were saying goodbye to your parents yesterday, your dad wasn't happy for me because I found our 'lost' tickets. He just came up with that to keep me from getting in trouble with you. It was because I told him that the song was a success. He believed in me and was genuinely proud of me."

At that moment, it had made sense to Irene as to why her dad and Wendy seemed off yesterday. She's not sure if she should be happy or mad that Wendy had spilled the beans to her dad, but right now she was more confused on how that even relates to why Wendy wanted to fake date. She doesn't think too much of it though when Wendy's smile suddenly cracks.

"I-uh... I can't say the same for my dad," Wendy admits, her tone laced with sorrow.

----- | Wendy - Many Years Ago | -----

Wendy was 6 years old when she found herself being quite fond of one of her classmates, Rosie.

Growing up, she was always being messed with by boys in her class and when she would complain about it to her parents, her dad told her that they 'teased' her because they liked her. Well, Wendy liked Rosie, so she thought she'd too, but definitely not as mean as the boys had always been with her. That seemed to have paid off because Rosie would smile at her in response and seeing her smile became one of Wendy's favorite things. It would continue to be one of her favorite things as the two became best friends, sticking to one another all throughout elementary school. It was a rare sight to not see the two side by side.

If not in school, the two would often be found in some field flying around on their broomsticks with their parents watching over them. She'd always hear her dad and even Rosie's dad praising her for her flying skills, but Wendy never paid compliments any mind unless they were coming from Rosie. If it weren't for her friend telling her how talented she was, Wendy probably would've never agreed to sign up for the kiddie quidditch league that her dad wanted her to join so badly.

As the season went on, Wendy never expected how much she would end up loving the sport. She had tried every position, but nothing made her more happy than chasing the golden snitch around the field. So, there was no denying that she was falling in love with quidditch. 

 When the season ended, her dad had asked her if she wanted to quit, almost as if it were a test. She gave a loud and determined 'No!' in response and her dad lifted her in the air in happiness. "You like playing quidditch, don't you?" her dad ruffles her hair after placing her back in the ground.

"I love it!" Wendy smiles widely.

"You love it? Well, do you want to know a secret?" her dad intrigues playfully and Wendy nods excitedly. Then, came a line she would never forget, "When you love something, never quit on it!"

"Never," Wendy repeats and before she knows it, she feels someone hug her from behind.

"You did amazing, Wen!" she hears behind her and in an instant, Wendy recognizes the voice causing her happiness to skyrocket. Instead of saying anything back, she just turns around to give her best friend a proper hug. Her dad's words linger in her mind as she embraces Rosie. The other girl had made her feel in ways that no one else managed to do and she wasn't quite sure what she was supposed to do about it.

Probably not quit on her, she assumes.

-----

She was 10 years old when she found out what her feelings meant.

She had always cared for Rosie, there was no doubt in her heart about that. From the moment they met, Wendy had a feeling that Rosie would play a big role in her life. But just how big, Wendy did not see coming.

They were holding hands, walking home from school together, as they often do, when a boy a few years older yelled as he biked past them, "Dykes!"

Within seconds, she felt the warmth in her hand suddenly disappear. Rosie had let go and Wendy couldn't stop the pout from forming on her face. She had never heard of that term before that moment and being young she was curious to know what it had meant, especially since it had caused the person who was practically her whole world act so strangely.

When she searches the word up later that day, she grows sad at what she finds. Because all at once, her life begins to make sense, yet crumbles at the same time. She saw a picture of two women kissing and it brought her an unexpected sense of comfort, but it was clear to her that there was negativity associated with the use of the word as well the more she looked up the word. What she found about the word wasn't all negative though, it was clear that the context in which it was used was important. Now unsure of whether or not the word was a good or bad thing, or more specifically, the actions associated with it, she decides to ask the smartest person she knows to get more insight.

"Taeyeonnie," Wendy knocks on her older sister's door. Taeyeon was only 3 years older than her, but Wendy thought she was the wisest person she ever met. After Rosie, Taeyeon would be her next favorite person in the whole universe.

"Come in," she hears Taeyeon's muffled voice through the door. When Wendy enters the room, she spots her sister sitting in her bed and patting the spot in front of her. "Get your up here," she says with a welcoming smile. Once seated comfortably, Taeyeon softens her tone. "Is dad bothering you about quidditch again, little one?"

"Umm... not this time," Wendy says shyly, not even bothering to complain about the nickname she always hated that Taeyeon had given her. "It's something else."

For the first time, Wendy was scared to share her thoughts with her sister. She trusts her sister a great deal and had therefore never once hesitated to speak her mind with the older girl, but something was different this time around. It was as if the stakes were high, way too high for what a 10 year old should feel. She takes a moment to decide whether or not she should push forward with the topic as she was nervous at what the older girl might say.

But then again, she's my sister, Wendy reasons. I trust her and she trusts me.

"What's on your mind?" Taeyeon says with both care and concern as she scoots a little closer to her younger sister.

"Are...dykes bad?"

Taeyeon seems to freeze at the question, making Wendy start to regret opening . Then, she sees her sister get up and close the door before sitting back down next to her.

"Where did you hear that word?" her sister asks first, her expression hard to read. Wendy hesitates to continue, but ultimately decides to. It's too late to back out now. 

"Some boy called me and Rosie it when we were walking home and holding hands," and Wendy sees Taeyeon's eyebrows lift a bit at the last few words. 

"I see," Taeyeon pauses, taking a moment to collect her thoughts. "Hmm... well how should I say this," the older girl taps her chin in thought. Then, Taeyeon reaches out and holds Wendy's hands in her lap, "So you know how mom and dad love each other, but not in the way that they love us or how we love each other?"

Wendy nods and giggles, "You're talking about romantic love, right?

"Exactly," Taeyeon laughs at Wendy's childish reaction, but the seriousness of their conversation was still present. "Well, there are people out there that share the same love like mom and dad, but there's a small difference that doesn't sit well with others around the world."

"What's the difference?" Wendy asks.

"Romantic love isn't always between opposite genders like mom and dad, sometimes it's the same. Some girls love girls and some boys love boys and so on."

"That's it?" Wendy tilts her head. The difference didn't seem to be that big of a deal at all. "Why don't some people accept it?"

"There are different reasons for different people, Wen," Taeyeon sighs. "And just like how some people have mean words to say towards others, they have mean words for people who love the same gender that's often fueled with hatred. And the word that that boy told you applies to girls who like girls."

"So, it was just a mean word?" Wendy replies and Taeyeon nods.

Was that why Rosie let go? Because of how mean and hateful the boy intended it to be?

"And what do we do about mean words?" Taeyeon quizzes her.

"We don't say them," Wendy answers. 

"Exactly," Taeyeon gives her a warm smile. A few seconds later, Wendy watches her sister suddenly go into thought again. "I wish I was there with you, Wen. I would've beat him up. I just don't understand why he called you guys that word in the first place. You were just holding hands anyways and it's not like you like Rosie like that."

The room was filled with silence as soon as the last word left Taeyeon's mouth. Wendy was stunned. 

Do I like Rosie... like that? 

She thinks about the past couple of years that the two had spent together and can't help but remember all the comparisons she had made between Rosie and all the other boys that claimed to like her. The boys would hold her hand, give her dandelions during recess, give her their candy during Halloween or even steal a kiss on her cheek during Valentine's Day. But, she never cared for it, sometimes even strongly disliked it. However, whenever Rosie were to do such a thing, Wendy swears she was the luckiest girl on earth.

All at once it hits her.

"Wendy?" She hears her sister call her name. Wendy needed to choose her next words carefully. Her sister told her about the existence of those who love the same gender and that there were both people who embraced it or hated it. However, she wasn't sure which side her sister landed on. All the girl did was give the insight she had asked for and said that the word 'dyke' was used as an insult. She never said if the actions connected to the word were good or bad. Whether she supported or hated that kind of love.

She squeezes her eyes shut and clasps her sister's hands tighter.

"Would you hate me if I did?" Wendy's voice was quiet, but the crack within it could still be heard.

She doesn't hear her sister say anything in response and instead, for the second time that day, the warmth in her hands disappears yet again. Her sister was right next to her, but in a matter of seconds she felt so far away. Wendy's head hangs low as tears begin to pool in her eyes. She was too scared to look up at her older sister, fearing the look of disappointment, disgust or even worse, hatred.

She sits still, not sure as to what her next move should be. Should she run away? That sounds like a good idea because it's not like she had a better one. She was already getting off the bed, ready to head to who knows where, when she felt a grip on her wrist pulling her in the opposite direction.

And just like that, Wendy feels the warmth return tenfold as her sister's arms wrap around her, "I could never hate you."

-----

Before she knows it, a year passes by and the talks about which school of wizardry that she'll be attending had become the main topic as of late. Her mom, sister and herself were pushing for the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic while her dad was set on Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. 

"Sweetie, listen to me," she meets her dad's eyes as they eat dinner. "The quidditch program is much better at Hogwarts in comparison to Beauxbatons. I wish you could attend Durmstrang, but since you can't, the next best place is Hogwarts."

"But honey, the women in my family have been going to Beauxbatons for years and clearly Wendy prefers it as well," her mom says, then looks at her with a supportive smile and Wendy returns a brighter one instantly. "And our program is just as amazing."

"Yheah!" Taeyeon says proudly with food still in , then swallows. "Don't you remember Yoo Jeongyeon? She graduated last year and won Rookie of the Year this season in the National League, so our program definitely kicks !"

"Even then, Wendy should get more experience playing with both girls and boys," her dad counters.

"What happened to wishing she could attend Durmstrang? You should know it's an all boys school considering that you attended and work there," her mom says pointedly. 

"Ah okay, you got me there," her dad concedes to that slip-up. "But you have to admit that she'd still benefit much more at Durm because of the coaching. There's a reason why Jinyoung coaches the country's national team too. It really is such a shame that Wendy can't go there."

Then her dad looks back to her, "So, what do you say, Wen? If not Durm, might as well be Hogwarts, right? If you want to excel in quidditch, that's the way to go."

Before Wendy can say anything, Taeyeon beats her and it was like she had practically read her mind, "Not everything is about quidditch, dad."

"I know dear, but overall there really isn't much reason for Wendy to go to Beauxbatons."

"Yes, there are. First of all, as mom said, it's practically tradition for her to go to Beauxbatons. Secondly, since I'm going to be a fourth year, I can already give her a bunch of tips and be there for her whenever need be. It'll be hard to be there for one another if we attend different schools. Thirdly-"

"Rosie's going to Beauxbatons," Wendy cuts her sister off, finally speaking for the first time that night. 

Her dad gives out a hearty laugh, "Rosie's not a reason, sweetie." He laughs only for a bit longer when he notices that no one was joining him. 

"She's my best friend, dad," Wendy says as seriously as possible. 

"Best friends come and go. You can make new ones at Hogwarts."

"But it's not that simple," Wendy's fists clench underneath the table. "I love her dad."

"I know you do," the older man brushes off, "But like I said-"

"I love her," she emphasizes the second word, wanting the true meaning to get across to both her dad and her mom. "Like how you love mom."

A fork clatters on a plate and from Wendy's peripheral vision, she can tell it was Taeyeon who dropped it. After that, the room had grown so quiet that Wendy felt like she could hear her own fast heartbeat. At the same time, she tries to tell herself that everything will be fine after her reveal. Just like Taeyeon, she has hope that her parents will continue to love her unconditionally and thus support her no matter what. She holds the most hope for her dad, the one who had cheered and supported her at every quidditch game. The one who always seemed to be in her corner.

"No, you don't," her dad's voice comes out cold and sharp, making it feel like he's marking her with each word. "You're getting it mixed up here-"

"I'm not, dad. You told me that when you love something... someone, you shouldn't quit on it. So, I'm not going to Hogwarts. I'm going to Beauxbatons with Rosie. I can't quit on her. I lov-"

"Enough!" her dad stands up quickly, causing the chair he was on to fall back. Her mom, Taeyeon and Wendy flinch at the sudden loudness. She feels Taeyeon reach for her hand underneath the table.

"You are only 10 years old. You can't possibly know what the hell you're talking about. You do not love that girl like how I love your mother. How dare you say such a disrespectful thing in front of your mom and I!" her dad booms.

The tension in the room grew thicker by the second and Wendy does her best to hold her own, refusing to let her dad get the best of her. Her dad has never spoken to her like this before so she was taken back at his sudden outburst, but she doesn't want it to faze her. If she's going to make it through this conversation, she needs to stay strong.

"You are to never see that girl ever again," her dad says with finality.

"What?!" Wendy protests, now standing up from her own chair as well and letting go of Taeyeon's hand in the process. "You can't do that!"

"I can! I am your father and you will do as you're told."

"Honey-" her mom tries, but a glare from her dad made the woman stop herself from saying another word.

Then, the man looks back to his youngest daughter, "You don't love her Wendy, so you can-no, you will quit on her. Don't you dare tell me such nonsense ever again."

"But-"

"Go to your room," he picks up his chair and sits down as if trying to calm himself down. Then, he looks between his two daughters, "Both of you. Now. I need to make some calls."

Taeyeon leads her up the stairs and to her room, all the while Wendy stays silent. They lie down on Wendy's bed with Taeyeon not saying a word either. Wendy doesn't blame her though, she's sure her sister's probably in just as much shock at what had happened as she is. 

At some point, her sister and even herself, expected tears to flow but they never came. Wendy thinks it's because she had been preparing for such a scenario for the past year just in case, so she wasn't entirely shocked at her parents' lack of acceptance.

When they hear the door to their parent's room close with a click, Taeyeon takes it as her cue to go to her own room. Before she leaves, Wendy sits up and pulls her sister into a hug. It nearly takes her back to when she had come out to her sister.

"Thank you," is all Wendy tells her. There's a lot more to it than it may seem and she can only hope that Taeyeon understood the hidden words behind it. Her sister gives her one last squeeze before leaving Wendy alone.

-----

The topic of Wendy liking girls, or moreso Rosie, doesn't come up again until months later during the morning of when Wendy leaves for her first day for the new school year.

Up until that day, the whole family seemed to have acted like that night had never happened. Of course, it wasn't forgotten, but it was never outwardly acknowledged yet the effects of it still remained. The relationship between Wendy and her dad took a turn and the only thing that seemed to have kept them together was quidditch. But even so, their relationship was strained. Besides that, they had rarely talked, making lunch and dinner awkward and leaving her mom and sister in a limbo.

Then, Wendy, with the help of Taeyeon, still found ways to see Rosie without her parents knowing but it wasn't as often as it used to be. She never told her best friend about what had happened nor the real reason as to why she wasn't going to Beauxbatons, instead opting to say that it was for quidditch since it was partially true. She even had to come up with an excuse to not run into Rosie at the train station just in case her dad might make a scene.

They had already said their goodbyes and the only thing keeping her from having a breakdown about the whole situation was the promise of keeping in touch with one another despite the distance.

Now, she and her family were crammed into the car on the way to the station. Throughout the ride, her mom would give her advice and try to reassure her that she'll love her new school to which Wendy would only respond in hums of agreement. 

Even her relationship with her mom had taken a toll, just not as severely. On the night of the argument, it was clear that her dad was not in support of same- relationships although she wasn't quite sure where her mom stood on the situation. There was a chance that she had the same view as her dad, but there was also the possibility that her mom didn't speak up for her just to keep the confrontation from escalating even more. But to be quite honest, the second option didn't really make Wendy feel any better considering that her mom never brought up the topic at all even when it was just the two of them. 

At least I have Taeyeon, she thinks to herself and glances to the side to see said girl. The older sibling must have felt eyes on her because Taeyeon looks her way too and they both share a sympathetic smile.

Once they arrive at the station, the family gets out of the car and heads to the trunk to start bringing the luggage out. Her mom brings over two luggage carts then helps Taeyeon load her stuff on it while her dad reaches in to try and help Wendy.

"I got it," she lets out with a huff and thankfully her dad backs off without a word. They head inside and Taeyeon leads them towards the entrance of the secret station used for wizards and witches.

Despite the odd atmosphere surrounding her family, Wendy still manages to get excited. Even though she may not be going to the school she wanted, she tries to see this as an opportunity for a fresh start and time away from her parents. Not to mention that she'll finally get to learn how to start using actual spells. 

At first, Wendy thought Taeyeon would be the one to leave first seeing that Beauxbatons was farther from where they live than Hogwarts, hence the older girl's earlier departure to make sure they get there before nightfall. However, she and even her sister thought wrong. When they didn't turn left towards the Beauxbaton trains, the sisters looked at each other in confusion. They were even more puzzled when her parents started to go to the right of the station in which the Durmstrang trains were located. 

"Mom, why are we going to the Durm trains? Doesn't dad normally just apparate or use floo powder to go back and forth between home and work?" Taeyeon asks. Her mom doesn't answer right away and she meets Wendy's eyes instead. With the way her mom was looking at her, Wendy felt a pit form in her stomach.

"Mom?" Wendy says weakly, her confusion now turning into panic. It starts to dawn on her.

I... I never got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts. No. There's no way. He can't- It's supposed to be impossible...

Just as her mom was about to answer Taeyeon's question, her dad does it for her, "We're not here for me, we're here for Wendy."

Her heart sinks. 

"What are you talking about?" Taeyeon talks in disbelief. "She can't go to Durmstrang. It's an all-boys school!"

"I pulled some strings with the headmaster and the quidditch coach, so they're making an exception for her. They know she's got a lot of potential in the sport and so she's already got a spot on one of the teams there despite her only being a first year."

"This has got to be a joke. She's going to be surrounded by a bunch of stupid, hormonal boys. She's going to be constantly messed with!" Taeyeon says in a fury.

"She'll be fine. Wendy is a tough girl and I'll be there during the day anyways. The headmaster has already made special accomodations for her own dormitory and made custom uniforms," her dad reasons. 

Wendy was stunned speechless. She knew Beauxbatons was no longer an option, but why did her dad go through such lengths to make her go to Durmstrang? Why not Hogwarts anymore?

"And Durmstrang is what's best for Wendy overall," her dad adds.

"How?!?" Taeyeon retorts. "Is quidditch really the only reason?!"

"You better start watching your tone, young lady," her dad bites back. "But no, it's not the only reason," the sisters notice their mom and dad share a look, as if debating whether or not they should tell them the other reason.

"What is it?" Taeyeon asks with a hint of nervousness, but her parents stay silent.

Not wanting to be in the dark, Wendy speaks up again, her voice unwavering, "What's the other reason, mom?"

Their parents share one more look, then her mom sighs. "Your dad...," her mom pauses, then lowers her voice so only the family could hear and looks at Wendy. "He thought it'd be a good idea for you to not be surrounded by girls for a while..."

In seconds, it all clicked into place in Wendy's brain. Although quidditch may have played a role in getting her accepted, it was obvious now why her dad had suddenly forced her to go to Durmstrang rather than the more gender-inclusive Hogwarts.

Taeyeon could only laugh in absolute bewilderment, "Oh, I see. You think having her surrounded by boys will make her straight-"

"Sweetie, please keep your voice down," her mom says in a rush.

"Mom, you can't seriously let dad-" 

"It's okay, Taeyeon," Wendy places her hand on her sister's shoulder. Then, the train designated for Durmstrang blows its whistle, signaling the last call for people to get on.

"Wendy," her sister faces her, sadness etched on her face.

"I'll be okay, I promise," Wendy tries to reassure and gives her sister a hug. She had decided that there was no point in arguing anymore. What's done is done and she might as well do her best to deal with it. She'll just focus on school and quidditch, not to mention that she still had that promise with Rosie. 

So, she thinks she'll survive.

After saying goodbye to her sister, she goes to her mom next. The hug was awkward at first, seeing that their relationship was still on edge.

"I'm sorry," her mom whispers to her seconds into the hug. For some reason, hearing her mom say those words made her want to cry for the first time since that fateful night. She had a feeling that there were a lot of words hidden behind the apologetic phrase and she suddenly felt a surge of emotions and strength after hearing it.

When she and her mom let go after one final squeeze, all that was left was her dad. Instead of hugging his daughter, he extends his arm for a handshake, "When you meet the headmaster, give him a firm handshake. It leaves a good impression."

Wendy shakes his hand wordlessly.

"That's how you should always do it," he nods in approval before letting go. "I'll see you at school during the welcoming feast."

Just before Wendy heads towards the train, she's engulfed in one more hug by her sister, "Call me when you get there, okay? I love you, little one."

"I will. I love you too and I'm not little!" Wendy pretends to be annoyed, but she beams at her with an eye-crinkling smile. She hates to admit it, but she's got a feeling that she is going to miss her sister's teasing.

Before she steps on the train, she gives herself a mental peptalk. As soon as she's in there, she's not really sure what will happen. It's not like she has anyone to really sit with already and it's clear to her that she'll definitely be an outcast considering that she's going to be the only girl in there. So, yeah, she has no idea what to expect and can only hype and prepare herself as best as she could.

You've got this. You're Wendy freaking Son!

As soon as she steps foot in the train, all eyes were on her as if she were a magnet. All the compartments were only filled with boys and as she passed each one she could feel their stares and hear their whispers. She never experienced such a thing before and she had become overwhelmed in a matter of seconds.

To her left. 

"Look." "Is she lost?" "Who is that?"

To her right.

"Why is there a girl in here?" "My dad told me about her."

Her name gets tossed around and takes wind the further down the aisle she goes. 

"Her name is Wendy Son." "Apparently she's here for quidditch." "I bet she's not even that good." "She's not going to last."

Wendy stands her ground all the while, not wanting the comments to get to her head or let her nervousness appear on her face. She's not sure how far back in the train she went, but she learns that there were less and less people towards the end. Less people meant less whispers, less stares and less attention. After finding and sitting in an empty compartment, she finally gets a moment to herself to try and relax from how exhausting it had been to get to this spot.

Having the chance to stare out the window and see the scenery with peace and quiet, she quickly realizes that 1) the back of the train is the best place to sit and 2) she really doesn't like being the center of attention at all. 


A/N: Wendy POV!!!

I know this may not have been the type of POV or the time period of the POV that you had expected, but I hope you still enjoyed learning more about Wendy's background! So, now you know why Wendy ended up going to Durmstrang, but more questions remain! How did she end up at Hogwarts? How does her past relate to the fake-relationship? If Rosie is so important to Wendy, where is she now? Keep your theories coming because I love reading them... especially when some of you end up being right!

(Random note: I was trying to think of another one of Wendy's ships besides wensé but here we are LMAO)

I was pretty excited to write this since I haven't really written in her POV and it had been something I had planned since the beginning. Originally, her POV for her backstory was supposed to be this one chapter, but I just kept writing more and more so now the rest will be in the next chap... oops.

Now, I will say that for the rest of the story following ch. 13, it will still be primarily in Irene's POV, BUT I'm thinking of doing another Wendy POV chapter in the future hehe... Also, I had a lot of fun writing her backstory, so it wasn't that hard to write, hence the fact that the story updates have been pretty close. I can't guarantee that updates will be as frequent in the future, however, especially with school coming up soon so please be patient with me.

I hope y'all noticed some of the parallels (both similar and different) between past Wendy and current Irene as well as the other connections between past and current Wendy too!

Also, not me making 13/14 year old Taeyeon an absolute genius LMAO

Thanks for reading and comments are always welcome here or on twitter!

QUEENS ARCHIVE KLASJDFAKSJFNAS

- S

(@rv_twice5 on twitter)