Chapter Three

Sinful Touch | Seulrene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV

I woke up with my head aching so much. I grabbed a glass of water from the bed table and drank it, hoping to relieve the pain. I checked the time and it's already 9 in the morning. I called Yeri to inform her I am coming within a few minutes, she was mad because she thinks I am slacking these past few days which I cannot deny.

I went downstairs to make my meal but I saw food already prepared in the table. Jennie left a note telling me to eat a lot. She is so caring and thoughtful. I am so grateful to have her by my side.

I ate the food and washed the dishes. I remembered the I left on the couch last night. I didn't noticed her earlier. I guess she left already which is a good thing since I do not want to ruin my morning seeing her face.

"Didn't she tell me her house is far from here?" I thought. Oh well. She's a grown up girl, she can handle herself. My husband even cheated on me for that girl.

I remembered the leftover food I gave her last night. I checked the fridge and found nothing, I guess she ate it. I should have put a poison in it. What a waste of a chance.

I went to take a bath and put up a casual clothes. I need to go to the cafe today.

It didn't take long for me to arrive because I took the bus, and I saw a lot of customers here inside. I saw Yeri, Joy and Nayeon working profusely. Yeri gave me a frown and gestured me to quickly change. I went to the locker room and change my clothes into the cafe's uniform which I designed.

I helped the girls and I was overwhelmed by the number of customers going in. A lot of time had passed and the flow of customers finally died down.

"Finally!" Nayeon said in relief.

I felt guilty about it since Nayeon's shift should be finished in the morning but I came in late. I hate how unprofessional I am.

"I'm sorry Nayeon, I'll give you a raise by the end of the week." I said apologetically.

She looked at me with surprise and showed her happiness. Joy looked at me. "What about me?"

I gave her a thumbs up. Nayeon and Yeri laughed their asses off and Joy seemed to be sulky. Nayeon went off since it's already 11 PM and it is way past her shift. Yeri and Joy scooted near me and they seemed to look worried.

"Can you now tell us what happened to you?" Joy asked gently.

I really hate it when someone asks in a gentle tone, it makes me want to cry even more. I hate that I am so easy to break.

"I told you we shouldn't have asked her yet!" I heard Yeri whispering to Joy. That knocked me back into my senses. "It's okay." I said.

I took a deep breath and I told them that Junmyeon and I are already divorced. "But why?" Yeri asked.

"I caught him cheating with someone else... at our home." My voice cracked. I felt my eyes burning again.

I felt Yeri wrapped her arm around me and caressed my shoulder. Joy handed me a tissue and looked very worried. "I know it's hard Irene but hold on okay? You will get through this." She said.

We were alerted when we heard the door bell rang and we quickly went back to our posts. I wiped my tears and asked the customer for their order. "Good day, What's your order?" I looked up and smiled to the customer.

"Irene?" The woman said.

"Mrs. Kim?" I reluctantly replied.

She grabbed my hand and she looked very happy to see me. "You look very pretty! Do you own this cafe?"

I shyly nodded. "Yes Mrs. Kim."

She looked impressed and she ordered her coffee. I gave the note to Yeri which she quickly complied.

Mrs. Kim looked young, though you will only notice that she is aging by her wrinkles. She looked at me and smiled once again. "It's been a long time since I last saw you. How come you and Junmyeon doesn't ever us?"

Oh . Junmyeon haven't told his parents yet. "I'm sorry Mrs. Kim, We-"

"Oh Irene honey I told you to call me Mother!" She smiled. Her phone rang and she excused herself for a second. "I'm sorry Irene looks like we have to catch up next time, urgent matters." Luckily the coffee was already prepared and I gave it to her.

"Oh before I forgot, there will be a family reunion next week! I will expect you and Junmyeon to be there okay?" And she went outside.

How the hell am I suppose to attend the family reunion when I am not even part of it anymore?

I reminded myself to call Junmyeon later.

Joy heard the conversation since she was near me, arranging and cleaning the equipments. "You looked stressed."

I sighed. "Stop saying that, I know it already." I heard her giggled. "So how have you been? It's been weeks since that happened and you only told us just now."

"I'm okay." I simply said. It might be a lie as of now, but I will be okay.

"Do you have something to do later?"

"No. Why?"

Joy gave me a sly smile. "We'll go somewhere later."

-

Oh Lord. I should have known better.

That's why Joy wanted me to wear something y. It's because we're going to a bar!

The loud music and the smell of alcohol welcomed the three of us in this bar. The bouncers seemed to know Joy very well as we didn't even had to fall line. Though other people looked at us with displeased eyes. We went inside and sat at the stool. Joy ordered us a drink. The only drink I know is soju because that is what my father used to drink all the time. "3 vodka martini please."

"Right away Ms. Joy." The barista quickly attended.

I looked at Joy confusingly. "Do you own this bar or something?"

Joy laughed with my comment and I shot a look at Yeri, she shrugged and she looked confused as well.

"I'm not the owner but my sist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter