retirement? what's that?

the amazing adventures of spider-yooh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

she’d do anything to keep this piece of heaven safe, keep minji and bora safe.

even if that means coming out of retirement and wearing her spidey suit and mask once again.

 

NOTE: Some depictions of violence, cw: panic attack, cw: violence, cw: kidnap and assault, i know the content warnings might look scary but everything will be okay, the jiyoora is still cute, they just go through some superhero trauma and tingz, but it's okay bc they love each other through it all and have each other at the end of the day, NEVER trust men, all the men in this are fictional, if the first installment was the cute animated version for kids this is the rated t movie version for teens and adults, so please take care of yourself when reading :)

 

~

 

There are some times when Yoohyeon really misses her Spider suit and mask.

 

Being stuck in city traffic is annoyingly painful. Especially when she told Minji and Bora she’d meet them at six o’clock on the dot.

 

If it were up to her, she’d hop out of her cab, find some empty alley, and take off her dressy clothes to reveal her Spider suit just so that she can swing her way to the restaurant that they’d plan to eat at and change again.

 

(Yoohyeon never expected that one of the benefits of being Spiderwoman would be speedy costume changes, but she has gotten quick at neatly stripping her clothes without ruining them and nicely folding them in her backpack and changing back into them when Spiderwoman is no longer needed).

 

Anxiously checking her watch on her wrist for the third time in a minute, the ticking of the seconds dial does little to ease her impatience. It’s five forty-seven and the restaurant is roughly two Spidey minutes away, probably more than ten minutes in standard cab time.

 

Yeah, Yoohyeon really wished she had her trusty backpack with her instead of her small black and red one. At most, Yoohyeon can fit her wallet, her disposable camera, an emergency snack for Minji’s grabby hands, and maybe the case for her glasses. In her other backpack, she could easily fit all of that, her Spider suit, a spare hoodie, and emergency snacks for both of her girlfriends.

 

But, then again, a big backpack wouldn’t match her classy look tonight. Yoohyeon sighs with exasperation when her cab gets stuck behind another red light.

 

Normally, Yoohyeon and being late are things that just go together. But she really wants to prove to Minji and Bora that she’s getting better about remembering their plans and trying to get there on time.

 

It’s not like she means to stand them up or be tardy, but she doesn’t have the prettiest record out there. Most of it was because she got stuck behind her mask with the police dispatch sending her everywhere in New York—there’s just so much on her mind when she’s trying with all her effort to make her city a safer place. 

 

She does her best to make it up to them whenever she can, doing whatever she can to make it better, but it can’t be pleasant waiting for someone who never shows or shows up far later than what is acceptable.

 

Most times, Yoohyeon ends her Spiderwoman duties wiped out beyond belief, craving for some pizza, and tucking into a slice while sitting on top of a peaceful building away from all the noise. Then, she’ll check her phone and remember about some date she was supposed to go to, panic for a good ten minutes about forgetting it, swing her way to the grocery store, and pick up food and two bouquets of flowers to make her groveling a little easier.

 

(Yoohyeon’s sure the cashier gapes at her when she nonchalantly pays, knows it can be a bit shocking to see the famous Spiderwoman punching in her debit card code to pay for flowers, rice cakes, fish cakes, and Pepsi). 

 

Yoohyeon usually ends up running to her apartment complex instead of swinging there so that the flowers don’t get too messed up on the way. (She hates that she gets sweaty so easily because, holy , does the Spider suit make it hard for her to wipe her sweat away). 

 

She’ll awkwardly crawl up the walls of her apartment complex with her backpack strapped to her back, her mask pushed up to her nose so that she can hold a bouquet of flowers in and stick the other to her left hand. Then, she’ll come home to Minji and Bora with frustration in their eyes and their arms crossed. 

 

But there’s something so endearing about Yoohyeon tearing off her mask and panting with her bangs stuck to her forehead, bouquet still held between her teeth, her eyes b with regret and sincere apology when she takes hesitant steps towards them. Despite being incredibly strong and tall in her heroism, Yoohyeon looks so small when she carefully puts down her backpack and apologizes for forgetting their date. 

 

It usually doesn’t take very much for Minji and Bora to forgive her, her offense forgotten over a bowl of rabokki and fish cakes.

 

(It’s only when Yoohyeon ruined their sixth anniversary date with her absence that they really got angry with her. Yoohyeon felt so guilty about upsetting them that she ended up sleeping outside on the couch even if they welcomed her to their bed. It was hard for her to sleep in the same bed knowing that they were still angry with her. Even if they were upset with her, the two were being generously kind to her knowing that Yoohyeon can’t sleep well without them, her nightmares usually getting the best of her night without her two protectors comforting her in her sleep. 

 

Suffice to say, she did not sleep well that night. She spent the next week making it up to them: making dinner, cleaning the house, buying flowers and sweets, full-body massages. 

 

It was that incident that really got her second-guessing her job as Spiderwoman).

 

At first, a lot of their fights revolved around Yoohyeon’s poor time management and memory, about what she prioritized. Eventually, Yoohyeon learned how to make time for herself—for the people that she loves—and to accept that the law enforcement will have to take care of the city without her. Minji and Bora, too, learned how to be more lenient, how to understand and accept just how much Yoohyeon cares about being good to the people of New York for the sake of goodwill.

 

What was Yoohyeon’s worst flaw in their relationship became the quality that Minji and Bora learned how to love because there is something so admirable about Yoohyeon’s loyalty to take care of people who couldn’t care less about her, about people she knows nothing about.

 

(It’s definitely a complex Yoohyeon has had to learn how to manage for the sake of preserving her own identity outside of her Spider suit and mask. While, on the other hand, Minji and Bora had to learn that that was just one of the things that came with dating a wonderful woman who also happened to be the city’s friendly hero).

 

Seriously debating on getting out of her cab and running the rest of the way there when her clock indicates a time of five fifty-one, Yoohyeon mentally groans when she remembers that if she runs, she will sweat—she spent way too much time on her makeup for her to ruin it with her perspiration. 

 

By some miracle, before Yoohyeon can send an apology text for being late, the cab she’s in hits a green light run that takes her straight to the restaurant without much waiting. Arriving right at six o’clock, Yoohyeon rushes to the establishment and sighs in relief when she sees her girlfriends patiently waiting for her at the front.

 

“I’m here!”

 

Minji giggles at the frantic look in her eyes, pats down the messy stray hairs at the top of Yoohyeon’s head. “Hello, my love!” Glancing at her watch for the time, Minji fixes the lapels of Yoohyeon’s coat, “We wouldn’t have minded waiting. We set the reservation for six thirty, Yooh.”

 

Quickly pulling them both into a sweet kiss for a proper greeting, Yoohyeon feels her heart beginning to slow its pace. “I know, but I wanted to be on time. I’ve been getting good at it!”

 

Bora smiles proudly at her, affectionately pinches the softness of Yoohyeon’s cheek, “You really have been! I’m proud of you, baby.”

 

Yoohyeon flushes pink at the praise, can’t stop the self-satisfied smile that makes its way to her lips.

 

Finally getting a look at her girlfriends, Yoohyeon knows she’s the luckiest person in the universe.

 

Smiling like she’s in awe (she is), the sound of it is clear when she compliments them, “You two look really beautiful.”

 

Minji and Bora smile confidently like they already know (they do), but their eyes still shine at the adoration in Yoohyeon’s voice.

 

And when Minji runs her hand through Yoohyeon’s hair and Bora cutely kisses the back of her hand and they both return the compliment, Yoohyeon, despite being with them for seven years, still cannot deal with the praise discreetly. She visibly blushes, her ears warming up at the attention, and awkwardly giggles away the praise.

 

~

 

All Yoohyeon wants is to have a peaceful dinner with her girlfriends, unbothered by the world and people around them. It helps that Spiderwoman retired and she tucked her heroism away for an undetermined time, but that does not mean that Minji and Bora’s lives are exempt. 

 

In the middle of enjoying bites of Minji’s meal, a well-dressed, burly man approaches their table.

 

He reeks of fancy cologne that does not smell good, like, at all, and smiles with a grin that feels deceiving and manipulative. (But maybe that’s just Yoohyeon projecting the disgust she has for him). When he intrudes introduces himself to Bora and Yoohyeon, Minji politely smiles at him.

 

(Yoohyeon notices that this smile is far from her genuine one, her eyes dull when she regards him with formality).

 

“Bora, Yoohyeon, this is our main investor, Mr. Hwang Jihoon.”

 

(Yoohyeon almost has a visceral negative reaction to the name. For years, she has had a slight hunch that the man was illegally operating some drug trades to support his assets, but nothing ever came to prove it. It also doesn’t help that he works above Minji and controls what she can or can’t do in her lab by dictating her resources and hits on her incessantly despite her countless rejections).

 

Hwang Jihoon, New York City’s most successful entrepreneur, smiles cockily at the introduction, does not even bat an eye at Bora and Yoohyeon. Not allowing Minji to continue and interrupting, Jihoon sets his hands on their table, “Glad to see you here, Minji.” 

 

(Yoohyeon notices how Bora glances at his stocky hands with her eyebrows furrowed, the dim lighting veiling the discomfort she feels. Sliding her feet out, Yoohyeon nudges her boot against Bora’s lightly. When she looks up, Yoohyeon tries her best to give her comfort, hopes that her eyes reassure her. Bora exhales, anxiously taps at the table with her fingertips, aches to reach out for Yoohyeon’s hand on the table because there is no greater comfort than feeling the warmth of her touch).

 

“I have a table in the lounge that is offering free bottle service. There’s space for you.”

 

The man winks at her and Yoohyeon has to fight the grimace begging to show—it might be the hardest fight she’s ever had, and she had to fight against some entitled alien man who thought a genocide would be the best way to restart the world. 

 

(And Bora, well, her disgust is as clear as day when she glares up at the man).

 

Still, Minji brushes him off politely and skillfully, as if she has done it many times before, “Mr. Hwang, thank you for the offer, but I’m enjoying where I’m at right now.”

 

Jihoon finally looks at Bora and Yoohyeon with disgust and superiority in his eyes when he glances at them, “Well, if you ever change your mind and tire of your...company, the offer is still there.”

 

Minji’s smile is curter when she dismisses him, “Enjoy your night, Mr. Hwang.”

 

(If Yoohyeon didn’t know Minji so well, she would’ve missed the annoyed exasperation in her eyes).

 

Making sure that he is far away, Minji sighs with exhaustion and hangs her head. Sounding weary, Minji soothes the headache that started to pound at her temple at his arrival, “I’m sorry about that.”

 

Leaning over and resting her head on Minji’s shoulder, Yoohyeon sighs with sympathy. Bora reaches for one of Minji’s hands, runs her thumb over the back of it comfortingly, “It’s okay, Ji. It’s his fault for interrupting us like that. I’m sorry you’ve been dealing with him for so long.”

 

Huffing, Yoohyeon draws mindless circles on Minji’s thigh, “It’s not fair that he takes advantage of you like that. He’s abusing his power and it’s so upsetting that you can’t do anything about it.”

 

(It doesn’t take Yoohyeon’s radical sense of heroism to be furious about Minji’s predicament. It’s clear that Jihoon is benefiting from his cruel power plays and putting Minji in uncomfortable positions just to watch her squirm.

 

God, Yoohyeon would love to sling-throw a cinder block and a metal sewage cover at his ugly, screwed up face—he ing irks her).

 

Minji just sighs, rests her head on top of Yoohyeon’s and laces her fingers with Bora’s, “With money comes power. We can’t do anything about it if we want to continue our research.”

 

If Yoohyeon’s sense of humanity is admirable, so is Minji’s.

 

For years, she has been leading a research team for a cure for cancer. Yoohyeon doesn’t know all the science behind it but she knows that it hasn’t been easy for Minji and her team, that they rely on Jihoon’s investments to fund their research. Even after all the dead ends and failed studies, the passion Minji has for her cause only burns brighter after each let-down.

 

(And when she has her bouts of hopelessness like any other scientist would, Bora and Yoohyeon are there to comfort her through it, to meet her at the other end of the tunnel, and fuel her with the hope she needs to carry on).

 

Glancing up in Minji’s direction, Yoohyeon gently squeezes Minji’s thigh, “I can ask Yubin if she’d be willing to look into your study. Invest in it if she can.”

 

(Lee Yubin, a fellow Avenger, genius inventor, and well-off CEO of Lee Industries, would definitely have the means and compassion to back Minji’s research, but Minji is adamant about not approaching her until she needs to).

 

When Minji shakes her head no, Bora squeezes the hand in hers softly, “I know you only wanna resort to her when Mr. Hwang backs away, but he’s horrible to you, baby.”

 

And if Yoohyeon is stubborn to a fault, so is Minji.

 

“No. I don’t want to depend on Yooh’s friend like that. I know I’m making things harder for myself, but I want to be able to do this without feeling like I’m mooching off of Yoohyeon’s work.”

 

Before Yoohyeon can reassure her, Minji kisses the top of Yoohyeon’s head. “I know it’s not like that, babe. But it doesn’t feel right to me to take advantage of you and your friend like that when I barely know her.”

 

Yoohyeon sighs, fully understands what Minji is saying, tries to work out an alternative option.

 

“If you’d like, I can arrange for you two to meet then? So that you can build your repertoire with her and then ask if she’d be willing to help?”

 

Minji smiles gratefully, tilts Yoohyeon’s chin up so that she can leave a loving kiss on her lips, “Let me think about it?” Yoohyeon nods eagerly, her excitement like that of a puppy, and Minji laughs at the sight. The very sound of it shatters the sharp tension that disturbed the air. Minji glances back at Bora; the love she feels for her brims and drips from her eyes with earnest sincerity, “Thank you, both of you, for everything.” 

 

Bora just kisses the back of Minji’s hand, “Whatever you care about, we care about. What hurts you, hurts us. We’d do anything to make it better and make you happy, Ji.”

 

Looking at her girlfriends, Yoohyeon feels an overwhelming tide of love rising in her heart, lets it wash away all the negativity brought upon by Jihoon. 

 

She’d do anything to make her loves happy, would gladly dedicate her life to the cause—to them.

 

~

 

Yoohyeon thinks that bingsoo might be man’s greatest invention. Savoring the sweetness of the condensed milk and the pleasant tang of strawberry on her tongue, Yoohyeon doesn’t even care about the mess she’s making as she eats.

 

(Bora just points and laughs at the condensed milk at the far corner of Yoohyeon’s lips, kisses it away with amusement shining in her eyes).

 

Bingsoo is even more delicious when she’s eating it with the people she loves—especially when she can see how much Minji is enjoying herself when she tucks into her bowl of fruit and shaved ice and how she can hear Bora’s happy humming when she eats.

 

Like the universe is out to ruin their peace, another man approaches them with a friendly grin on his lips.

 

“Doctor Kim! Is that you?”

 

(Yoohyeon has to fight the exasperated sigh that bubbles from ).

 

Instinctively, Bora whips her head at the sound of her name. Smiling kindly at her colleague, Bora wipes the corner of her lips with a napkin before responding, “Hello, Doctor Park! The hospital doesn’t need you tonight?”

 

The man smiles with relief flooding his eyes, “Thankfully, no, I haven’t been called in.”

 

When he glances towards Minji and Yoohyeon with an amicable grin and eye-smile, Bora gestures towards the two, “Doctor Park, these are my partners, Minji and Yoohyeon!”

 

It’s subconscious that Yoohyeon waits with bated breath for his reaction—it’s not often that the three are met with positive reactions from people who know about their relationship. A lot of it is poorly-veiled judgment and inquisition—like Minji, Bora, and Yoohyeon are subjects in a study or an exhibition to be looked at and jeered at.

 

But the man grins with friendly charm and reaches out a polite hand for them to shake, “It’s a pleasure to meet you two! No need to call me Doctor Park; Siwoo is just fine. Bora has mentioned you two a few times! It’s good to know she has people she’ll listen to when they tell her to slow down and rest.”

 

(His voice is low, incredibly low. It’s rare that Yoohyeon hears a timbre that nearly reverberates).

 

It’s almost shocking how quickly Yoohyeon feels herself warming up to Siwoo. She often is much more hesitant to trust people, but she doesn’t find any reason to doubt him.

 

Minji smiles fondly, adoration in her eyes when she glances back at her girlfriend, “She works hard; it’s really admirable. But, sometimes, she works too hard.” Towards the end, Minji’s voice gets playfully accusatory, her eyes glimmering with mischief. 

 

Bora playfully glares at Minji, points at her bowl, “Eat your food, Minji!”

 

Minji just laughs, happily shovels another bite into .

 

Siwoo quickly leaves after introducing himself, not wanting to intrude even more on their date.

 

Walking home with Bora’s hand in Minji’s, her other arm looped in Yoohyeon’s, Yoohyeon giggles to herself watching Bora’s legs keeping up with Minji’s and hers.

 

(It takes her two quick strides to match their one. Yoohyeon nuzzles into her girlfriend’s temple, shortens her stride so that the three will naturally fall into a slower pace that will be easier for Bora to keep up with).

 

Bora briefly nuzzles back into Yoohyeon, peacefully sighs, and tugs them closer to her, their arms rubbing against hers when they walk.

 

(It’s cute how Bora subconsciously reaches for their touch, how her body naturally gravitates towards them because it gives her a silent comfort that makes her feel a sense of serenity).

 

“Siwoo is nice.” 

 

Minji hums in agreement and adds on, “I wish Mr. Hwang was like that. Everything would be so much easier.”

 

Yoohyeon just sighs, attempts to make a joke, “Duality of man, huh?”

 

Minji softly laughs; it’s not exactly what Yoohyeon hoped for.

 

Yoohyeon makes a note to shower Minji in affection later, to pull Bora along with her, because Minji always laughs with her belly when she’s being so enthusiastically loved on.

 

(When Minji laughs like that, so genuinely and hard that she has to hold her stomach, that her eyebrows furrow and dip and meet her scrunched up nose, it’s one of their favorite things about their girlfriend).

 

That night, they have to reorganize their bed sheets before going to sleep.

 

With how Minji flailed her limbs and Yoohyeon and Bora playfully wiggled their fingers on her stomach to mercilessly tickle her, it turned the bed into a mess. 

 

Playing around and flipping Minji’s shirt up to blow raspberries on her stomach, Yoohyeon relishes in the simple joy of being with her girlfriends. When Minji is too busy laughing to push Yoohyeon’s face away from her tummy, Bora is playfully nibbling on the column of Minji’s neck, making cute nom nom noises against her neck. 

 

(If she were still on her Spiderwoman duties, she’d miss out on this piece of heaven—Yoohyeon wonders why it took her so long to put her mask away). 

 

Until Minji positively shines with elation after being the center of attention and laughing to her heart’s content, the two continue on their mission to make their girlfriend happy. And when she hears it in Minji’s voice, in how she laughs through exclamations of their names, Yoohyeon feels proud of herself—proud to be part of the reason for Minji’s happiness.

 

Settling down with Minji cuddled between them—when Yoohyeon is not kissing her and Bora is pulling Minji into an amorous kiss—her fingertips lightly trace, “I love you,” onto her skin.

 

Minji says it back.

 

~

 

“Yooh, you’re coming today, right?”

 

Over the speakerphone, Yoohyeon hears the quiet chatter in Bora’s background fade away. 

 

“Doesn’t this feel...a little too close for comfort?”

 

Looking at herself in the mirror, Yoohyeon wears her Spider suit—the one that she had before Yubin made her a more advanced suit that had tech that took Yoohyeon weeks to properly master. 

 

“It’s fine, baby! They’re kids! They’ll believe you’re Spiderwoman without knowing…you know...They’ll ask questions because they’re curious, not because they want to ruin your life or endanger anyone in it.”

 

Running her hand through her hair, the older mask in her hands reminds her of so many nights of when she was younger, more irresponsible, and getting into situations that could have killed her had it not been for her quick thinking and luck. A Yoohyeon that didn’t know Minji and Bora. A Yoohyeon that didn’t have people depending on her to come home and be safe. 

 

A lot has changed since then. For the better. 

 

Slipping her brown hoodie on and pulling on a pair of jeans, Yoohyeon stuffs her mask in her backpack, lost in thought. 

 

Noticing the silence on the other end, Bora strains her ear for any sounds. “Yoohyeonnie? Are you okay? If you don’t want to, I can work something else out.”

 

Shaking herself out of her reverie, Yoohyeon clears , adamantly shakes her head even if Bora can’t see her. 

 

“No, it’s alright; I’m fine. I was just...thinking about the past. I’ll be on my way soon, okay?”

 

Bora sighs over the line, feels a multitude of gratefulness for the universe putting Yoohyeon in her life. “Thank you for doing this. You didn’t have to.”

 

Walking out of their apartment now, Yoohyeon adjusts her backpack and pats her pockets to make sure she hasn’t forgotten anything. (She hasn’t).

 

“I wanted to. It’ll make your patients happy. And that makes you happy, so it’s a win-win.”

 

Bora smiles down the line—Yoohyeon can hear it in how soft her voice is when she talks, “What did I do to deserve you?”

 

(Yoohyeon knows Bora doesn’t mean Yoohyeon, the amazing superhero. She means Yoohyeon, the girl from Incheon with a heart of gold). 

 

Connecting her Airpods, the sounds of the city fade away while Yoohyeon walks along the streets towards the subway station. “I don’t know about you, Bboya, but saving lives is a pretty honorable thing you do.”

 

A small laugh falls from Bora’s lips. The sound of it tugs a smile at Yoohyeon’s too. “Says the Amazing Spiderwoman.”

 

Yoohyeon blushes, feeling shy about the grandeur Bora flourishes with. “Yeah, but you save lives without being some scientific byproduct. You’ve worked hard to be a hero in your own right, babe.”

 

Bora, despite being the confident woman that she is, dismisses the compliment with a shy, “Aaaaayyy,” as if Yoohyeon is praising her too much, like she does not deserve it. 

 

Yoohyeon knows it’s only because Bora genuinely downplays her feats and knowledge because she believes she can do so much better. (She’d spend forever trying to remind her girlfriend of how amazing she is). 

 

“Really! I mean it! You’ve done incredible things. I won’t forget the first time I saw you.” Yoohyeon smiles fondly at the memory. 

 

At the time, she was dealing with Vulture and his minions, doing everything she can to keep civilians out of the way of the violence whilst trying to defeat him. But it was hard to do that when a winged, weird, symbiotic man was coming after her.

 

“Even when Vulture was going crazy and hurting anyone in his way, you still went out there with your emergency medical bag and helped whoever you could even if that put your life in danger.”

 

The reverence in Yoohyeon’s voice is undeniable as she finishes, “I’ve got all this fancy gear and a weird spider bite. You do all of that on your own...that’s...what heroism is.”

 

Bora doesn’t say much other than a quiet, “Thank you.”

 

Yoohyeon’s words and the way she sounds are so sweet, so earnest, and honest that it leaves Bora speechless.

 

“Hey, I’m about to step on the subway so it’ll be impossible to listen. I’ll see you soon!”

 

When Yoohyeon hangs up, Bora’s heart feels so full with love—feels appreciated for what she does. 

 

It doesn’t take long for Yoohyeon to arrive at the hospital Bora works at. Taking the elevator up to the pediatrics floor, the nurse at the front gives Yoohyeon a friendly wave from the front desk.

 

“Doctor Kim is in room 313 but she’ll be in the break room to meet with you when she’s done.”

 

Thanking the nurse for the information, Yoohyeon walks the floor of the pediatrics unit like she knows it well. In the breakroom, there isn’t much staff in there, most of them leaving to continue their shifts. Awkwardly waiting by the vending machine in the corner of the breakroom, Yoohyeon fiddles with her phone, laughs at a silly text message Minji sent about the drama she’s watching with Bora.

 

“Come here often?”

 

Maybe if Yoohyeon isn’t used to keeping a keen ear for noise and maintaining that habit despite not needing it in her civilian clothes, Bora would have surprised her. Slipping her phone in her pocket, Yoohyeon presses a quick kiss on Bora’s soft cheeks and slightly nuzzles into her warmth. “Only when I’m visiting my girlfriend.”

 

Bora looks so cute in her scrubs, little cartoon elephants on her stethoscope. 

 

“Naeun has been asking about you nonstop.”

 

Yoohyeon quirks an eyebrow, “Me or Spiderwoman?”

 

Bora lightly pushes Yoohyeon’s shoulder for the teasing lilt in her voice, “You know what I mean! Now, take off your clothes!”

 

Yoohyeon looks around, as if scandalized, “Here?! Now?!”

 

Bora just laughs, pushes Yoohyeon in the direction of the bathroom, “No, you goof!”

 

Laughing even when Bora closes the bathroom door on her, Yoohyeon tugs off her hoodie and jeans and shoes, revealing her Spider suit. Leaving the bathroom sans mask, Yoohyeon nearly jumps when she realizes Bora is not alone in the breakroom and talking with a fellow colleague.

 

When he smiles, Yoohyeon recognizes the grin instantly.

 

Making her way to them, Siwoo’s attention turns towards her, his low voice bellowing a playful remark, “Doctor Kim, you didn’t tell me your girlfriend was the Amazing Spiderwoman!”

 

Bora giggles nervously, her eyes slightly wide. Stepping in, Yoohyeon quickly makes up a lie, “Oh no! I’m just...really into cosplay and Spiderwoman. And Bora knows that so she asked if I could hang out with Naeun since she loves Spiderwoman too.”

 

(Yeah, this is way too close for comfort).

 

Siwoo laughs, his gregarious nature calming the burst of adrenaline and nerves that had shot through Bora and Yoohyeon’s body. “I’m fond of Spiderwoman too. I’ve noticed her latest suit has gold linings, inspired and built by Lee Yubin herself. Nanotechnology is fascinating!”

 

His attention to detail beckons the slightest itch at the back of her skull—Yoohyeon nearly misses it. Choosing to ignore her instincts, Yoohyeon plays it off,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter