-[1]

Cafe Lost

Hurrying through the rain, Siwon raised his bag to cover himself from getting wet. How could he be so stupid to not bring an umbrella? The weather forecast has promised clear skies and a sunny day, but now it was pouring with rain. Sighing, Siwon was about to cross the road when he heard a shout from behind him. Turning around, his breath hitched as he saw the sight before him. Eyes widening, he dropped his bag as he ran towards the crowd of men standing in the tiny alley.

  ‘Get off him, you bastards! What are you doing to him?’ Staring at the crumpled man on the floor, he picked him up carefully, eyeing the smirking men cautiously.

  ‘Look at Mr. Goody two shoes here....you’re not gonna get away with our possession....’ Glancing around the crowding men, Siwon made a run for it, dashing away from the now riled up men. Threading through the alleyways, he ran as fast as he could while carrying the unconscious man. The darkness engulfed the pair as Siwon began to slow down, the shouts of the men fading away. Glancing around at his surroundings, he realised he was stuck in the middle of nowwhere, his bag dumped on the middle of a street. Squinting at the darkness, he could faintly make out a small flickering light in the distance. Lighting up with hope, he stood up slowly, carrying the pale boy in his arms.

.

.

.

Lazing around, Heechul was about to fall asleep when he heard the bell ring. Snapping awake, he looked up at the new customers. Raising his eyebrows at the pair, he smiled as he waved at the panting younger.

 

‘Welcome to Cafe Lost, How may we help you?’

 

‘I....I think he’s hurt.....’ Laying down the pale man onto one of the couches, Siwon stared worriedly at the elder. ‘Teuk-ah, stop slacking off inside the kitchen! We’ve got customers.....grab your medical kit as well....this kid looks like he’s been hurt pretty badly.’ Gesturing for the tall boy to sit down, Heechul smiled warmly as he wiped down the table.

‘What do you want? Coffee, tea?’

‘A glass of water will do.’

Glancing up, he saw a grinning man striding towards them, dimples flashing. Placing an arm around Heechul’s waist, Leeteuk stared at the dripping wet pair before moving to grab a towel. Handing it over, Siwon smiled slightly at the warmth he felt from the pair. Sipping his glass of water, he felt the tiredness spread through him as he stifled a yawn. The little incident had a lot of his strength out, and it was late at night now. He had no idea how he had even ended up her, but he was glad that he had found shelter for the night. Tomorrow was another day and he would find an excuse to make to his parents for not going home.

‘By the way, where were you guys near when you found the cafe?’ ‘I think around Seoul University’ Looking confusedly at the elder, Siwon cocked his head at the odd conversation. But to be fair, everything was slightly fuzzy for him at this point, the drowsiness getting to him. ‘Finally we’re near the city. Last time we were at the edge of a cliff, and the time before that the outskirts of nowhere.....I swear I’ll scream if we ever end up at that cow ranch again. It stunk here for days....’ Staring up from his rant, Heechul could see the other’s drooping eyelids. Realising the younger was tired from all the occurrences of the night, a small smile stretched across his face. ‘You can sleep upstairs for the night....here, it’s that way. We’ll take care of Yesung, so don’t worry about him.’