Home

Blend Loona

"Well, that's the type of café this is. If you're uncomfortable and this isn't the place for you, then I don't want to force you to do anything."

 

Things and winding down at the café and everyone is preparing to close for the day, but not before Haseul calls everyone into one of the break rooms to chat. Everyone takes a seat at the table, with Hyejoo sitting at the head of the table opposite Haseul. If it felt like all eyes were on her, that was because they in fact were. Everyone was waiting to hear her response, especially Chaewon, who decided to sit right to the left of the raven haired girl.

After all this time, I was finally able to find a job. With the pattern of how things were going, I might not find another job...

They also accept me for my cold eyes, where others have rejected me for that exact reason...

 

"Um...I know you all are eagerly awaiting my response. I uh...um...I don't know if I'll be any good at this, but I'll try my hardest to improve, so I look forward to working with you all!"

 

Cheers erupted from around the table, and a heartwarming smile formed on Haseul's lips. Meanwhile, Chaewon was ecstatic. She gently clasped her hands around Hyejoo's before staring longingly into Hyejoo's eyes, a single happy tear rolling down her face as she said, "I swear to stay by your side and protect you from harm! As co-manager, I promise to make you happy!"

 

Seeing Hyejoo's react and suddenly becoming aware of the deafening silence around them, Chaewon retracted her hands from Hyejoo's, both faces tinged slightly pink.

"Um...Chaewon eonnie? Or no um...manager-nim?"

 

Hearing Hyejoo call her eonnie was all it took to melt Chaewon's heart, which promptly turned to stone after being referred to as the dreadfully formal "manager-nim".

"You can just call me Chaewon eonnie!"

 

"Oh ok. Um, Chaewon eonnie? You wouldn't happen to be from another country, would you?"

 

"Oh, yes and no. As you can see, I'm Korean, but I have spent a lot of time in Europe, in countries such as France and Italy. Sometimes I go outside of Europe and into the US!" (Insert 'is she gay or European' joke here)

 

"Wow! My dream is to someday go to another country and study abroad!"

 

"Oh! So that must be why you got a job here, and why you pay any attention to Chaewon at all! Hahaha"

 

If it weren't for Hyunjin's interjection into the conversation, Chaewon might have completely forgotten that other people were present in the room. But much to her dismay, Hyunjin spoke and broke the tranquil immersion of Chaewon towards Hyejoo's beauty. It was too late now. Hyejoo had to respond to Hyunjin, and hence, the 'private' moment between Chaewon and Hyejoo shattered. How pitiful.

 

"Yep! I was looking for a job so that I can save money for a trip!"

 

This time Haseul stood up, slowly walked over to Hyejoo, and gave her a pat on the back before extending a single hand.

 

"Well then, since everything that needed to be done has been done, and everything that needed to be said has been said...welcome to the lunar family."

 

. . .

 

The next morning, Hyejoo woke up with the biggest smile on her face that she's had in a while. She finally had a job! Where her chilling gaze is not only accepted, but also a highly sought after part of her job! Never in a million years did she see this coming! Maybe, just maybe, her dream of studying abroad isn't as far-fetched as she thought!

Hyejoo was giddy every moment and second on her way to work. From the train to the sidewalk, she hummed a light tune to herself.

 

The clock in the center of the shopping district struck 9:45 AM. She was right on time for work! Reaching the doors of the café, there seemed to be quite a commotion inside. Wonder what that's about...

Opening the door, 2 girls were fighting. The unfamiliar taller blonde one had Chaewon in a headlock and was profusely giving the shorter blonde noogies.

 

"Hyejoo-ah~! Save me T_T! I'm clearly being bullied here :(" feebly croaked Chaewon from underneath the towering blonde.

 

Before Hyejoo could even react or produce a sound from , the taller blonde moved to chop at Chaewon's head with her hand. Hyejoo couldn't tell if it was serious or playful, and was considering calling the authorities, when the taller blonde spoke.

 

"This is what you deserve, isn't it? For sleeping on the job while still somehow maintaining the position of manager."

"It's because I was watching anime and dancing to music late into the night! So I didn't get enough sleep!" Chaewon whined.

"You could have just recorded it and watched it later when you have the time" the taller blonde retorted.

"But then the thrill and the meaning behind watching anime and dancing to live in the moment are gone!"

 

As the quarrel continues, Hyejoo can only stand frozen, unsure of what to do, that is, until the door opens behind her, and a chipper Hyunjin walks in.

"Good morning!! Morning Hyejoo!"

"Oh uh good morning Hyunjin eonnie!"

 

Hyunjin then turns her head to face the 2 blondes, who are still mid-quarrel, and the image doesn't even phase Hyunjin in the slightest.

"Good morning Lip eonnie! We're working the same shift today, huh?"

"Yo. Morning."

 

Hyejoo was flabbergasted. This taller blonde - Lip, according to Hyunjin - is another employee and not an older sibling or crazed Karen? Amazing. But then...she's beating up her supervisor? That's pretty gutsy.

The girl known to Hyejoo as Lip finally relents and stops her onslaught of attacks and banter towards Chaewon, the latter quickly sneaking away accompanied by Hyunjin. This left only Lip and Hyejoo in the main dining room. Well, Hyejoo figured that she might as well introduce herself. Even if the actions before were playful and nagging, she still didn't want to get on this "Lip" person's bad side.

 

"Ahem...so...you work here too?" asked Hyejoo.

"Yeah. You're the newbie. There's someone else you should meet too. Yeojin! Come out here!" shouted Lip.

 

A petite brunette walked over and greeted the 2. 

A middle schooler?! thought Hyejoo. Isn't this illegal? Did I secretly join an illegal workplace?!

 

"I'm 20, not a middle school kid. I know what you're thinking. You're only 1 year older than me, believe it or not." (A/N: Using their Korean ages instead of their international age)

Off to the side, Lip could only laugh at how cute both of them were.

 

"I should introduce us. My name is Kim Jungeun, so yeah...unfortunate. That's why you can call me KimLip, or just Lip for short. This short bean over here is Im Yeojin. Nice to meet you."

 

. . .

 

The clock stuck 9:55 AM. 5 minutes until the café opened. 5 minutes until Hyejoo's official first day as the sadistic character of the café. She, Hyunjin, and KimLip gathered in the changing rooms to get ready. From the other side of the changing room wall, Lip calmed Hyejoo's nerves, offering to help her and answer any questions Hyejoo had.

"Now you have even more little sisters to adore! Hyejoo, me - "

"I'm gonna stop you right there Hyunjin. You and Yeojin cause so much ruckus that I would not want you guys as my siblings. Also, you like to bluff and act older than you are way too much. Not cute."

 

Without another word, the girls walked out of the changing room, all decked out in their outfits. It seemed like everyone had their own colors to their outfits. Lip wore an outfit with a rich red color that immediately drew attention to her. At that moment, Hyejoo realized that Lip eonnie never clarified what her role was. Hyejoo knew that Yeojin worked in the kitchen, since Heejin ang Jinsoul mentioned it yesterday, but what was it that Lip did?

Getting into character, Lip took a deep breath, slowly opened her lidded eyes, and gave a slight nod to herself, shielding herself temporarily from the embarrassment that would later ensue. Meanwhile, Hyejoo noticed and payed close attention to each of these actions, intent on finding out what type of character Lip would be.

 

"Oppa~! Lippie is waiting~! UwU" In the blink of an eye, Lip became too sweet to handle, almost skipping her way over to the door.

 

Culture shock. That was the only way to describe Hyejoo's reaction. A true culture shock.

 


A/N: As I introduce more characters, who is talking may become confusing, so I was wondering if I should perhaps highlight the girls' words in their colors? Also, some members will likely join a lot later, since I am trying to somewhat follow the plot line of the anime. 

If you guys have any suggestions, please comment below! Thanks!