Chapter 5: The Beginning Part 1

Try to Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I got Chungha unnie’s number when we parted from the dinner last weekend but I don’t have the courage to contact her until today, Wednesday. She messaged me after the dinner though saying she enjoyed the dinner and was happy to meet me but I still don’t have the courage to reply back.

“Unnie, Chief Yoona sunbae is asking for you,” Wonyoung told me and I don’t know why because I already passed the articles needed for this week.

“Oh okay thank you Wonyoung-ie and don’t always go out at night kiddo” I replied because I always hear someone ringing the bell on her apartment since she just lives 1 apartment away from me. 

“Ya unnie! It was just hiichan, we’re hanging out since they’re also busy with modeling” she replied back so I just nodded though she knows I don’t believe her.

“Lee Chaeyeon, why would unnie want to see you though? Did you do something wrong?” Yena asked and I just mouthed “I don't know” to her and shrugged as I went to the chief editor’s office.

“Chief, why would you need me?” I asked Yoona unnie right away when I opened the door to her office.

“Relax Lee, just want you to do something for me,” she said while handing me an article.

“And what is this possibly?” I scanned the article and there, I got my answer from the first page: Model Kwon Eunbi First Interview in Korea

“Unnie, you know about me and her, right?” I asked her and just praying she would get the article back.

“Yes, that’s why I want you to edit it. And besides, you’re the best editor here in the department, well aside from me but you know what I mean.” She explained while looking at me from her seat.

“Unnie I can take a different article even increase the numbers I should edit, just I don’t want to edit this.” I was looking at her sincerely so she would just say okay and let me go back to my station but she just nodded and I knew I didn’t even convince her a bit.

“Lee, Ms. Kwon’s interview will be the headline on our Spring’s magazine release and I want you to do it because I know it will be the best. That’s it. No personal issues here, sorry. You can go back to your station now.” Yoona unnie explained so I just excused myself and went back to my station right away, too much work. Oh god.

“Soooo Lee Chaeyeon, I think that’s bad news right there,” Yena said and got the article in my hand to check what is it and yes, her expectation is correct.

“Oh, I knew it. Of course, you’re the best editor here so. Do you want me to talk to Yoona unnie? I’m not that good as you but I also do well.” She asked me 

“Nah it’s fine, I just need to edit it. I will finish it right away.” I told her and I left to go get some coffee, I need to finish this today.

“Chaen?” someone tapped my shoulder and I know that voice, it’s her.

“Yes?” I asked and faced her holding my coffee and my queue to leave but she stopped me.

“W-wait let’s go together, I’m here to see Yoona unnie,” she said as she was waiting for her coffee, café latte. As always.

“Sure,” I replied for me not to be rude.

We went to the office together without talking but I can feel she feels anxious with me.

“Uh Chaen, I messaged you in IG but I neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter