Chapter 3: Memory Unerased

Try to Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Guys, do you think it’s better to leave her sleeping or wake her up and go shopping?” 

“I think she should rest, you know how she overworks herself”."

“Yes that’s true, let’s leave then.” 

I heard all their murmurs but I just let them and didn’t open my eyes because I really don’t have plans of going out today. I checked the time and , it’s already 2 pm and I still need to finish editing some of the articles we need to pass by next week. I got up and went to take a bath right away so the smell of alcohol on my body will be gone. It ing stinks.

I opened the living room and made a coffee for myself and also got my laptop to start editing as I the TV to watch some news. As soon as I turned it on, the first person I saw is her, she just landed at Incheon Airport wearing casual jeans with a shirt but why does she look so good? Even better than before?

Oh . I shook my head and changed the channel and started doing work. As far as I want to do some shopping with my friends, I know I will just waste my time so it’s better to be productive and I also need to distract myself. My phone vibrated and I checked who messaged me.

From Wonyoung:

“Unnie, are you home? Can I come over? I need some help.”

I replied to her and said she can come over. After, I got up and cooked some rice for us to eat for dinner since it’s already 7p m and I didn’t even notice it while doing work. I heard a knock so I just shouted that she can come in since the door is not locked.

“Unnie I’m sorry I really needed help and I know you’re one of the best editors in the department so,” Wonyoung apologetically said.

“Wonyoung-ie you know I consider you like my little sis, right? You can ask me for help whenever, I’ll help if I can, okay?” I smiled at her.

“Thanks, unnie, by the way, have you been working? All I see is your laptop and articles?” Wonyoung asked as she sat down on the sofa and saw my laptop on the table.

“Nah, don’t mind it, I was bored so I did some editing, it’s a waste of time if I will just do nothing during my free time, right?” I explained to her but she just looked at me.

“Ya! Unnie you really need to take a rest from time to time, I know how you work and I can see you’ve been working for hours with you wearing your eyeglasses!” 

“Chill, kiddo. I’m fine, I will cook ramyeon since I really don’t have any food to cook here. Is that okay?” I asked her

“Sure unnie, I didn’t come here to eat you know,” she joked and opened her laptop and began working.

“Oh don’t kid me. We know the first reason you came here is to eat,” I replied.

“Sure. Sure. As you say, unnie,” she replied while making faces.

**********

 

After we ate ramyeon, Wonyoung insisted to wash the dishes as I am checking her work, as I mean is she’s working with the question for her. For Eunbi.

“How do you feel coming back to Korea after 5 years?”

“Do you think you’ll be able to stay here for good?”

“How was your life staying alone in America?”

“What is the meaning of modeling for you? And why do you do it until now even though you have a lot of offers such as advertising and acting?” 

The last question caught my attention. 

“Eun, why do you love modeling so much?” I asked her while we’re reading for our midterms, I am taking up Bachelor of Arts in Journalism while she’s taking Fashion Design while also doing modeling in one of the modeling agencies here in the city.

“Uhm I don’t know, I just love it,” she replied.

“But like what’s the meaning of modeling for you then?” I asked again while staring at her and she made eye contact with me.

“Because it ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter