Chapter 1

One For All and All For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The City of Elcar. The capital city of the Blue Kingdom. Many people who have been to this city said that everything is busy. All you can see in the street are people. Here, in the city of Elcar, you won't see any hierarchy like any other part of the kingdom. In Elcar, you're all treated as an equal. People from different kingdoms come every day to trade or to simply just visit this city. 

It's soon become well-known as a trade city of the Blue Kingdom. Goods, weapons, even illegal things started to be sold here. You can basically find anything here. 

A brown-haired man looked around the city in awe. This was his first time here in this city, or even outside his hometown, really. He's about to start his journey as an adventurer, a very well-paid job with a very high-risk, too. But, what's life without any risk, right? 

The brunette stopped in front of a weapon store. The first thing you need when you want to become an adventurer is weapons. The adventurer will get a job or more known as a quest by guilds or personally called out by their client. The job ranged from guarding goods, killing people or monsters, or something as simple as helping a cat down from a tree. Every adventurer has a weapon. They choose the weapons according to their skills. Some may pick a long-ranged weapon, some pick a short-ranged weapon. 

"Welcome to Advil weapon store. How may I help you, young man?" the staff behind the counter greeted. 

"I want to buy a spear, please." the brunette said. 

The staff smiled politely before disappearing to the back of the shop. It didn't take long before the staff reappeared with a set of spears in his hand. 

"Choose away, adventurer. See, which one you like." 

The brunette looked at the set of spears once before choosing one. "I want this one." 

Surprised at the other's choice, the staff asked, "Why choose a simple spear, sir? Are none of the other spear to your liking? Or is there something specific that I can fetch you?" 

"Well, you see, I kinda haven't started my adventure, yet, so I haven't really make a lot of money. The other spears are beautiful, don't get me wrong, it's just that I don't think I can afford them." the brunette scratched his neck sheepishly. 

The staff chuckled, "You're an interesting one, aren't you, sir....?"

"Sungchan, my name is Jung Sungchan." 

***

It's already dark outside by the time Sungchan went out of the diner. He was about to walk towards an inn when it hit him. He hasn't booked a room, yet. Cursing his stupidity, he went to the nearest one and asked the receptionist whether he could book a room for the night. 

The staff bowed, apologizing. The inn was fully booked for the night, with no more available rooms for him. Sighing, he left the inn, not forgetting to thank the staff and apologizing for disturbing the staff at such a late hour. 

Moving on to the next inn, he got the same answer. Over and over again. Taking a short break, he sat on one of the benches in one of the city corner. Is there any inn that has a spare room? he thought, looking up at the night sky. 

Tonight, it was beautiful. The darkened sky is like a carpet in the night filled with stars. He was about to head to, yet another inn, when he heard a shout. It came from a darkened alley, not far from him. He could see a few people silhouette from it. Sungchan cont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter