~Fin~

|Lake Trip| ~A SHINee Drabble~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word limit: 1.6k

The soft smell of water and sand took over the wind as they approached closer to the lake. In the brilliant summer sunshine, the lake was a perfect mirror for the mountains that surrounded it. From above that watery world was so clear and perfect it could be another dimension, waiting for someone to dare enter it. Minho rolled down his windows taking in a deep whiff of the husky smell but careful of the youngest who was fast asleep on his shoulder.

"Isn't it so pretty?" Jinki asked while driving with a pleasant smile on his face. This was a trip that they could go on after a very long and tight schedule that they had at the beginning of the year but finally the company had some mercy on them, giving them a 3 day off- even though they wanted more but they couldn't be more grateful- and what's better than a lake trip as always.

"I'm leaving this place if it has mosquitos." Kibum sighed, scrolling on his mobile "Yeah, sure. You can walk all the way back home." Jonghyun ruffled the youngers perfectly styled hair "I'm dragging you with me shorty, no worries."

The car came to a halt in front of a cottage that was owned by Jinki's uncle so they always came here whenever they had a lake trip together. Minho tapped Taemin's shoulder, slightly shaking him. A soft groan left his lips as he slowly woke up from his peaceful 3-hour nap.

"Good Morning, Sleeping Beauty. We're here." Taemin opened his eyes, trying to understand what was happening while the rest of them were already out of the car and pulling out their stuff. "C'mon, you guys can get a room but first, you need to come out." Kibum knocked on the window that made Minho give him a death glare back.

The small cottage was perched on the plain near the woods, so old and poor that it was surprising how it was still standing. And yet it seemed alive and welcoming. The walls were made of the same wood and the roof was clearly stone, so old that it was a wonder how it did not yet cave in. But the interior contrasted its exterior. It was really well advanced compared to how it looked. It had a television, air conditioner, and every new technology -especially PS4 and that's all that Minho ever wanted in life.

"Alright, guys what shall we do first?" Jinki clapped his hands together as he noticed the rest of them just passed out in the living room. "Well, how about sleep?" Taemin mumbled, trying to find a comfortable spot on the couch. "Nah sweetie, you can do that when you go back. We're not gonna waste three days sleeping." Kibum said as he pulled out a soda can from the fridge and sat down.

"Exactly, so why don't we just go and play PS4. We won't even feel tired and it's gonna be fun! Are you in, Tae?" Taemin groaned "Can't we do everything you all want after we wake up? We were on a 3-hour long drive. Aren't you all tired?"

Just when Kibum was about to interrupt him, Jonghyun entered the living room with his swimsuit on "You know what we're going to do?" He dropped the rest of the 4 swimsuits on the couch and threw his hands up in the air "We're going swimming!".

-

"Jonghyun, you need to come in, this was all your idea!" Taemin exclaimed as he splashed around in the water "Yes, but that doesn't mean I would go in the water." He shrugged as he let his legs get soaked in the water and Taemin turned around complaining it to Jinki while Kibum was out, getting a peaceful 4 pm suntan.

Minho slowly tapped Kibum's shoulder "I thought you ended up playing PS4." Minho shushed him up and pointed at Jonghyun "Let's throw him in the water." Kibum shot up from his comfortable sunbath chair and gave him the look like as if he was crazy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter