The Final Moment

The Moment My Heart Flinched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For those who've read this before, I interchanged Chapters 1 and 2, just because I felt like it was better to start with A Bit Closer first. Hehe. But nothing changed in the story. I just figured it was better to follow the events chronologically.

 

 

    Ryeowook glances at his phone for the nth time that morning. He was so excited since last night that it took him until almost daybreak before he was able to get some sleep. Despite that, he still feels very energetic today. Kyuhyun hasn’t texted him yet though, and he’s wondering if he should send him a good morning text or something. He stood up from his office desk to get coffee when his phone suddenly buzzed and he immediately opened it. Just seeing his name on his notification sends fluttering feelings to his heart. He opened it with his heart beating fast.

Kyuhyun:

Let's meet at the cafe at 9pm? Please don't go earlier than that!

    Ryeowook smiled. He's pretty sure Kyuhyun is preparing something for him if he’s asking him like that. A part of him wants to tease the guy and show up earlier, but he doesn't want to ruin the surprise either. His love interest seems to be a romantic man then! Feeling giddy, he replied,

To: Kyuhyun

Okay. I'll be there at 9:01 ;)

 

    Ryeowook spent the rest of his day distracted and thinking of a certain tall and handsome man. He has been head over heels over this guy for a long time. How long has it been since he first saw Kyuhyun at the cafe? It has been roughly three months by now. When Kyuhyun entered that day, it was like a scene from those movies when time flows in slow motion and everything around Kyuhyun blurred. And Ryeowook continued going to that cafe even when he moved to a different apartment just so he can keep seeing this guy. After several weeks when Kyuhyun sat in front of him, he finally saw him up close and fell harder for the guy, if that’s even possible given the unusual way they’ve been meeting. And even though they never talked, it was more than enough to make Ryeowook's day every single time they see each other. He wonders what's going on through Kyuhyun's mind all the time, especially now.

    Ryeowook went home to leave his car and eat a light dinner, then he hailed a taxi to go to the cafe. He noticed that Kyuhyun also brings a car when he goes to the cafe sober, and in case Kyuhyun offers to drive him home, he wants that option to remain open. After all, he would love to spend more time with Kyuhyun, especially now that they’re finally interacting. Hopefully they get to talk and learn more about each other tonight.

    A few minutes after nine o’clock, he entered the cafe and saw a setup at the front. Kyuhyun was sitting there, wearing long sleeves and effortlessly handsome as always. He's holding a mic and looking nervous as hell. When he saw Ryeowook enter, he smiled and cleared his throat.

    Then Kyuhyun started singing. And Ryeowook...he melted, appreciating Kyuhyun's voice and listening to the lyrics of the song he’s singing.

 

“I’m afraid my feelings will overwhelm you

And make you run away

So I thought it was enough

That we were together in the same place

But my feelings for you keep growing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter