First Conversation

The Moment My Heart Flinched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MAY

 

    The clock struck five and Ryeowook swiftly packed his things with an evident smile on his face. Thankfully, the day was not busy so he can leave work early.

    “Wookie!” Sungmin, his bubbly co-worker called out as he was leaving his desk. “Come join us for dinner tonight. Saeun is cooking all her specialties to celebrate my promotion.”

    “Sorry Minnie, I can’t tonight. But congratulations!” Ryeowook said while walking to the lobby.

    Yesung who was following them chuckled. “It’s Tuesday today, Sungmin. You can’t drag Ryeowook anywhere.”

    Sungmin looked at the both of them questioningly.

    “He’s going to that cafe to see his mystery man.” Yesung answered the silent question.

    “But it’s still early! You usually stay there until late at night anyway. Let’s have dinner first.” Sungmin countered.

    “But Kyuhyun goes there early on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. So I go early as well and just eat dinner there.” Ryeowook said, pressing the elevator.

    Sungmin pouted as he and Yesung followed Ryeowook inside. “I really can’t understand your fixation with this guy. The only thing you know about him is his name which you’ve read from his coffee cup.”

    Yesung laughed. “There’s no point in reasoning with Ryeowook. I’ve tried and failed many times already. Just let him be.”

    “Well in that case why don’t you just talk to him then?” Sungmin asked.

    “Well… I already initiated sharing my cake 2 weeks ago. I don’t want to be the one to start the conversation. What if he doesn’t like me back?”

    “Wookie, you’re sitting at the same table for more than a month now. I’m pretty sure he’s interested in you too.” Yesung assured him.

    Sungmin shakes his head at Ryeowook. “Yeah well, good luck. I hope you or him finally gets the courage to talk.”

    “I hope so too.” Ryeowook giggled and waved goodbye to his friends.

 

    Honestly, like them, he also cannot understand his fixation on Kyuhyun. As he drives to the cafe, he thinks back on how this all started, three months ago when he was still living near the cafe.

 

*** Three months ago: FEBRUARY ***

    It was the night that Donghae, his best friend and roommate, with his boyfriend Eunhyuk, brought him there and told him that they’ve decided to move in together. He was a bit sad then, knowing he would be living alone, and the two tried their best to cheer him up. By the middle of the night, he was back to his joyful and laughing self.

    It was then that he first saw Kyuhyun with three other friends. Cliche as it sounds, but when Kyuhyun entered the door, it was like a scene from a movie where the world seemed to be in slow motion and everything else apart from Kyuhyun was blurred in his perspective. He didn’t even know Kyuhyun’s name at the time, but he wanted to arrange the messy fringe in front of Kyuhyun’s eyes, wanted to soothe that small frown on his eyebrows, wanted to stand up and help him support his drunk friend.

    As that night wore on, he continued to chat with Eunhyuk and Donghae as he kept sneaking glances at Kyuhyun whom he caught looking at him a few times as well. Kyuhyun was now smiling, and by gods, he has such a charming smile!

    After that night, he started going to the cafe almost every day, even when he eventually moved to a farther apartment since he’s now living alone. And amazingly enough, Kyuhyun is almost alwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter